PDA

View Full Version : Lack of thought?

Hassleham
05-25-2012, 02:33 AM
Why would they start a pvp tournament with no leader board..
This is clearly another tactic to get people to stop turtling and the prize will just go to 500 wales with full gold armies and 50 million stamina.

If someone on the forums actually wins one and can say how many wins they got then great but until then I'm not falling for it, and i hope most of you guys don't either.

War Priest
05-25-2012, 02:34 AM
They want people to think they are near the range so they spend gold for stam refills. If there was and you saw that your no where even near it, you would give up.

War Priest
05-25-2012, 02:35 AM
Lesson learned for the future though. Work on stamina!

Hassleham
05-25-2012, 02:40 AM
I don't plan on increasing mine from 10, otherwise i'd spend even more time on the rivals list looking for decent targets haha.

War Priest
05-25-2012, 02:43 AM
Well they will have these in the future so will come in handy then, plus just for everyday attacks as well. I guarantee that I wouldn't even be close to the 500 if I tried my hardest so this one is pretty much meant for the big boys. They need to open the window more. Maybe 1,000.

They have been listening to that Pro Active commercial to long...

Hassleham
05-25-2012, 02:45 AM
I'm in the UK so i don't know what commercial you're talking about haha.

They should do it in in level boundaries.
Level 1 - 20
Level 21 - 40
Level 41 - 60
etc. etc.

Top 500 in each group get the prize.

War Priest
05-25-2012, 02:49 AM
An acne face wash commercial. It goes something like "Be the first 500 callers and get it free!" yet, I have heard that commercial since before Christmas, 2011. I guarantee more than 500 people have called in that time frame.

Anyways, we don't stand a chance with this tournement.

Art of War
05-25-2012, 02:50 AM

As everyones stamina regenerates at the same rate, having a high stamina would just give you a little head start.
The real winners would be the USA players who's stamina regenerates 10% faster, large gold armies who don't have to worry who they attack, and gold players who will buy more stamina when the run out.
I suppose in that latter case you would get a benefit from a high stamina. :)

Will have to see if any non US free players grab the reward and give us hope for the next one.

War Priest
05-25-2012, 02:53 AM
Well, I can attack anybody and win. I don't have to worry about stats, but I am not going to waste gold on stamina. Don't want to be in the level 100's this week either.

Also with having a higher stamina, you get more for your money when you refill it. Nobody wants to pay 20 gold to refill 8 stamina.

lanemondo
05-25-2012, 03:00 AM
As everyones stamina regenerates at the same rate, having a high stamina would just give you a little head start.
The real winners would be the USA players who's stamina regenerates 10% faster, large gold armies who don't have to worry who they attack, and gold players who will buy more stamina when the run out.
I suppose in that latter case you would get a benefit from a high stamina. :)

Will have to see if any non US free players grab the reward and give us hope for the next one.

10% is not really a huge bonus. I'm annoyed we can't see the stats but 500 units out of how many big players isn't enough

War Priest
05-25-2012, 03:04 AM
10% is not really a huge bonus. I'm annoyed we can't see the stats but 500 units out of how many big players isn't enough

Yep. I sent a ticket to make sure that is how you win and mentioned that 500 is so small and only the 10K monthly spenders will get it. Wonder what they will say... :D - No comment Crime City Mark. :p

Agent Orange
05-25-2012, 04:06 AM
Yup without a leader board this is a really poorly executed idea.

The players with the biggest advantage my be a strong low level player that have been leveling up and getting stamina and attack skill points under us flag. It's an interesting call because having lots of stamina is still offset by the wait time to refill unless you do instant top ups with gold which then meams those with the deepest pockets will win again....

I wonder at what point players are going to get fed up and quit, I think we are about to reach critical mass soon. You can't really devise any long term strategy because it gets screwed up byvthese events or by changes to the program.

Tctiger
05-25-2012, 05:13 AM
don't forget the top 500 will NOT win unit only have a chance of winning the unit like a prize draw , you may come number 1 and not win so what is the point ? only for big boys anyway , it would destroy me and i would have no need for less casualty rate as i would have no army left ! im out .

Agent Orange
05-25-2012, 05:55 AM
don't forget the top 500 will NOT win unit only have a chance of winning the unit like a prize draw , you may come number 1 and not win so what is the point ? only for big boys anyway , it would destroy me and i would have no need for less casualty rate as i would have no army left ! im out .

The top 500 WILL win according to the splash screen.

mickymacirl
05-25-2012, 06:02 AM
I'd love to have the prize as I missed out on 10 for the reduction in cas for the event.

I don't have a hells cats chance in winning like pretty much everyone else on this forum.

Mackdaddy
05-25-2012, 06:26 AM
No chance here either. I am focusing on my economy right now anyway. Even sat this camo bag event out. First time I have done this and it's been hard not to participate. Figures something like this would come along right after I switched from US flag to Britain.

I don't think it's just the gold they want us to buy. With the new ranking, back to back events and now go out and hit as many as you can, I think they want players to level up so there is more competition up at the 100 level. Everyone has mentioned that the is a huge range between player levels and its hard to find targets that haven't been pummeled for bps.

Mackdaddy
05-25-2012, 06:28 AM
They a pushing us us up into the higher ranks while we stare at the carrots in front of us.

Hassleham
05-25-2012, 07:46 AM
Good job i don't like carrots :)

War Priest
05-25-2012, 09:24 AM
I have been to 3 threads and seen that tctiger was told that the top 500 will win. You confused bud?

spectra
05-25-2012, 10:11 AM
Yup without a leader board this is a really poorly executed idea.

The players with the biggest advantage my be a strong low level player that have been leveling up and getting stamina and attack skill points under us flag. It's an interesting call because having lots of stamina is still offset by the wait time to refill unless you do instant top ups with gold which then meams those with the deepest pockets will win again....

I wonder at what point players are going to get fed up and quit, I think we are about to reach critical mass soon. You can't really devise any long term strategy because it gets screwed up byvthese events or by changes to the program.

I have really enjoy this game, but now I am feeling bore and stuck with all this BS with events, ranking and this tournament, I have reached Major and unlock the helicopter, I have bought both the drone and heli, and they are falling like flies after just a couple of fights, not happy, I have stop doing missions and now I probably stop or slow down the PVP and just concentrate on upgrades and expanding my base, even the VPs mision are not worth it, I am on mission 327 have to win 83 fights for the same low 2kVPs while loosing units worth more than that

stricker
05-25-2012, 10:17 AM
pie in the sky event...

stamina does no good for free players and HIGH CASUALTY rates WP... it's a joke!!!

War Priest
05-25-2012, 10:21 AM
pie in the sky event...

stamina does no good for free players and HIGH CASUALTY rates WP... it's a joke!!!

Why is my initials included..? :rolleyes:

Tctiger
05-25-2012, 10:21 AM
I have a thought , you need an all gold army to do that many attacks , and if you have an all gold army you don't need the bonus unit mmmm

Tctiger
05-25-2012, 10:24 AM
The top 500 will win I think but you are right in that I was confused but you said it back to front . I said they won't all win but after reading it again I think all 500 win.

Corsair
05-25-2012, 12:09 PM
This event is like the lotto, designed for those who are bad at math. Or those who have enough funds to ignore the math. Not lack of thought though, just designed to bring in more $.

Maverick50727
05-25-2012, 12:25 PM
I don't plan on increasing mine from 10, otherwise i'd spend even more time on the rivals list looking for decent targets haha.
You would have to level 10 times to go from 10 to 24 where I'm at to keep up with just me. I know some who have 41-50 for stamina, but I suspect many may have more. High stamina people are probably the most likely to win.

Hassleham
05-25-2012, 02:19 PM

Because its all your fault again hahaha

War Priest
05-25-2012, 02:23 PM
Because its all your fault again hahaha

Isn't it always...

stricker
05-25-2012, 02:32 PM

pie in the sky event...

gibbs slap!!!

War Priest
05-25-2012, 02:34 PM
gibbs slap!!!

Jokes are suppose to be funny... :rolleyes:

stricker
05-25-2012, 02:36 PM
Jokes are suppose to be funny... :rolleyes:

right... that's why i said it here: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?30683-just-for-fun...-post-funny-mw-pics-here...&p=239909&viewfull=1#post239909

...the pvp event!!! that was my inference!!! do you not know this, IDIOM!!!

Hassleham
05-25-2012, 02:54 PM
Isn't it always...

I dno, lets ask bigflan.

War Priest
05-25-2012, 02:56 PM
I dno, lets ask bigflan.

About him, am I the only one he bothers with in game comments? I get a message daily from him. Sometimes two!