PDA

View Full Version : loot farming during events

Timbathia
05-24-2012, 08:10 PM
I am sure this question has been asked before but after a cursory glance through the threads I couldnt find the answer - can you still loot farm during events? I had just started going after double decker buses before the event (2 in two days), however since the RPG crate event started I have got none (probably putting in about 10 attempts per day). Not sure if the luck of the draw or if I am wasting my time trying.

thanks.

Bruiser
05-24-2012, 08:19 PM
I don't tend to find a big difference during event times, although alot of my loot farming is behind me. Some say yes and others say no, i don't think you would find a definitive answer your looking for.

Timbathia
05-24-2012, 08:28 PM
appreciate the reply.

erik
05-24-2012, 08:56 PM
Loot is dropping normally, although specific nerfs are never out of the question ;)

Timbathia
05-28-2012, 04:36 PM
Maybe it is a quirk or coincidence, but I have been loot farming double decker buses for about 10days. I have one per day outside of the last event, and none during the event (I have 2200 energy and the devil's take down, so I can use a lot of energy on this stuff). Small sample size I know, but seems like the event does affect loot dropping.

murf
05-28-2012, 05:53 PM
Maybe it is a quirk or coincidence, but I have been loot farming double decker buses for about 10days. I have one per day outside of the last event, and none during the event (I have 2200 energy and the devil's take down, so I can use a lot of energy on this stuff). Small sample size I know, but seems like the event does affect loot dropping.

There are quite a few people on the forum who meticulously watch for new data files to be introduced to see if there are new drop rates, etc. So, since no one has ever seen this switch during the event and the increased complexity with having to code these extra nuances to the game that everyone thinks they see, makes it seem to me that it is very unlikely Funzio is manipulating things. It is much more likely that you are trying to see patterns in random events when there is none.

PawnXIIX
05-28-2012, 09:25 PM
I am sure this question has been asked before but after a cursory glance through the threads I couldnt find the answer - can you still loot farm during events? I had just started going after double decker buses before the event (2 in two days), however since the RPG crate event started I have got none (probably putting in about 10 attempts per day). Not sure if the luck of the draw or if I am wasting my time trying.

thanks.

Where are you farming the DDs? I put all my energy into the Empire Airport Bus (Hijack) at 3x215 energy. I got one yesterday and 1 so far today, they drop a little rarer than that on average. You're not wasting your time trying, they are a very good item. I think it's the highest attack vehicle that can realistically be farmed-ish. I say ish because the drop rate is low compared to the old way farming the double deckers used to work but that's life. Honesty if you have it unlocked i've heard people farming the Empire Central Bus which has slightly lower stats, but I suppose it drops with better frequency. Keep trying, the average is 1 per 6,250 energy spent. That means on average you will have to complete the job approximately 9.7 times to get 1 at the City Bus.

Timbathia
05-29-2012, 01:43 AM
Where are you farming the DDs? I put all my energy into the Empire Airport Bus (Hijack) at 3x215 energy. I got one yesterday and 1 so far today, they drop a little rarer than that on average. You're not wasting your time trying, they are a very good item. I think it's the highest attack vehicle that can realistically be farmed-ish. I say ish because the drop rate is low compared to the old way farming the double deckers used to work but that's life. Honesty if you have it unlocked i've heard people farming the Empire Central Bus which has slightly lower stats, but I suppose it drops with better frequency. Keep trying, the average is 1 per 6,250 energy spent. That means on average you will have to complete the job approximately 9.7 times to get 1 at the City Bus.

I am at the empire airport bus. I hit it about 10 times a day. Just brought it up as i got none during the seven days of the last event. I guess i will wait a week until the next event and see what happens.

murf
05-29-2012, 06:28 AM

Empire Central Bus has different stats not lower (15/17 vs 18/14)...it's drops every 1,425 energy...save up the money and unlock it...the weapons to buy overlap with those needed to unlock the UWV too, so you then have 2 farming locations.

PawnXIIX
05-29-2012, 06:51 AM
Empire Central Bus has different stats not lower (15/17 vs 18/14)

In my eyes it has slightly lower stats due to the fact that I farm the Double Decker for the attack points and for the defense I go for the Armored Police Van (4/19).

I just don't have the level for any location for the ECB yet :( I'm personally in no rush either :P