PDA

View Full Version : I'm new here....be gentile.

upsman 2.0
05-24-2012, 12:14 PM
I'm new to the internets everybody, and my new passion is playing Crime City. I just joined the forums for the "first" time today and had to agree to terms and conditions before I could post. Does anybody know the repurcussions of breaking the rules? In other forums, after players are banned, it will display "banned" on their profile for all to see. Is it also possible though that forum mods could just give an IP ban on an account? And if so, do any of you fine gentlemen/ladies know how long such an IP ban might stay in place? I would imagine a contributor would have to break the rules SO egregiously that the mods would have no other choice for this to happen though. I would like to know these things so that I may be an upstanding forum contributor as I HATE to break the rules. My momma taught me better than that, and I want to do momma proud.

Sasha54
05-24-2012, 12:33 PM
I'm new to the internets everybody, and my new passion is playing Crime City. I just joined the forums for the "first" time today and had to agree to terms and conditions before I could post. Does anybody know the repurcussions of breaking the rules? In other forums, after players are banned, it will display "banned" on their profile for all to see. Is it also possible though that forum mods could just give an IP ban on an account? And if so, do any of you fine gentlemen/ladies know how long such an IP ban might stay in place? I would imagine a contributor would have to break the rules SO egregiously that the mods would have no other choice for this to happen though. I would like to know these things so that I may be an upstanding forum contributor as I HATE to break the rules. My momma taught me better than that, and I want to do momma proud.

Welcome back Santa..............;)

Just kidding!!!

QPR
05-24-2012, 12:37 PM
Don't sound like your new !!

Welcome anyway

Max Power
05-24-2012, 12:40 PM
LOL....cliffs on the intro = what can I get away with.

kykboxr
05-24-2012, 12:45 PM
Welcome back!

Dreno33
05-24-2012, 12:47 PM
yeah... not buying it. If they gave IP bans Santa wouldn't have 20 accts, lol

Dorian Gray
05-24-2012, 01:38 PM
This is an easy one for me since I'm not Jewish. :p

Dipstik
05-24-2012, 01:43 PM
Mysogeny is apparently a no-no.

Dillinja
05-24-2012, 01:44 PM
Just because you are new why do we have to be a gentile? No hating on others religious beliefs please :P

Mama always told me
But papa never showed me
So I live the life of a thug
And all I wanna do is smoke weed, ride, and sell drugs

Dravak
05-24-2012, 02:03 PM
Here golden rule , spent a lot of money , give solid advice , don't be a too big ass or insult the ladies ...
Then you are set to go , wait same applies for real life !

upsman 2.0
05-24-2012, 02:06 PM
yeah... not buying it. If they gave IP bans Santa wouldn't have 20 accts, lol

Not buying what, you tell me whats up then? Let's just say for the sake of argument that I have a "friend" that this has happened to. Any device that he has ever used (celly, cpu) will not open his forum account and gives the message, "You have reached your limit of failed login attempts, please wait 15 minutes and try again" or "This user name and/or password is not recognized". He has sent in a ticket to support TWICE to reset his password and still no login. Even when he set up a new "2.0" account, the forum still said the username/password were not recognized. This got my friend to thinking,
"What did I do that was SO bad to deserve a ban. Maybe they thought I am a cheater bc they obviuosly would come down hard on a cheater, right?"
Anyways.....my friend then went to the computer next to the one he usually uses that has a different IP address and low and behold....both his old account and new account come up no problem. So the only thing my friend could think of is he recieved an IP ban from an overly sensitive mod. And I asked questions in my thread starter bc I do not want to fall to the same fate as my poor friend.

Being that nobody has heard of IP bans in this forum though, I will tell my friend that I do not have an answer for him about when this might be lifted so that he can participate in the forums again on his normal device.

BTW, since I am new here, I've heard rumors about this chick named Leila Johnson having some killer DD's.....is this true?

Dravak
05-24-2012, 02:10 PM
GEE lol some people are scared **** without reasons LMAO , it just some internal **** going on !

The ips were internal IP running bot programs preventing people from logging in .
Tired of getting mails of internal ip addy trying to access your account :p ..

Or you can take Mark explanation they are moving servers so everything will be fixed .
That is also plausible :p ...

So pick whatever reason , if you are banned it says banned on your forum name .

upsman 2.0
05-24-2012, 02:11 PM
Here golden rule , spent a lot of money , give solid advice , don't be a too big ass or insult the ladies ...
Then you are set to go , wait same applies for real life !

Momma always taught me to respect the ladies....

Dillinja
05-24-2012, 02:14 PM
Not buying what, you tell me whats up then? Let's just say for the sake of argument that I have a "friend" that this has happened to. Any device that he has ever used (celly, cpu) will not open his forum account and gives the message, "You have reached your limit of failed login attempts, please wait 15 minutes and try again" or "This user name and/or password is not recognized". He has sent in a ticket to support TWICE to reset his password and still no login. ?
Has happened to a lot of people including me...should be fixed now.
Stop being so paranoid.... :P

You might not be the best looking girl here, but beauty is only a light switch away...

Dravak
05-24-2012, 02:14 PM
Momma always taught me to respect the ladies....

But momma never taught you etiquette and manners ;) lol
Or you forgotten them already :p

upsman 2.0
05-24-2012, 02:15 PM
So pick whatever reason , if you are banned it says banned on your forum name .

That's what I thought too, but why do both accounts work on this cpu, but not on my cell or other cpu right next to the one I am using. And this coincidentally started last night after my "sincere appology" thread. Believe me, I tried all avenues before I thought about the IP ban. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong...but I can't explain it any other way.

upsman 2.0
05-24-2012, 02:17 PM
But momma never taught you etiquette and manners ;) lol
Or you forgotten them already :p

I am thinking of a story....this story involves a pot and a tea kettle.....and I do believe one called the other black. :)

Rhino72
05-24-2012, 02:18 PM
Not buying what, you tell me whats up then? Let's just say for the sake of argument that I have a "friend" that this has happened to. Any device that he has ever used (celly, cpu) will not open his forum account and gives the message, "You have reached your limit of failed login attempts, please wait 15 minutes and try again" or "This user name and/or password is not recognized". He has sent in a ticket to support TWICE to reset his password and still no login. Even when he set up a new "2.0" account, the forum still said the username/password were not recognized. This got my friend to thinking,
"What did I do that was SO bad to deserve a ban. Maybe they thought I am a cheater bc they obviuosly would come down hard on a cheater, right?"
Anyways.....my friend then went to the computer next to the one he usually uses that has a different IP address and low and behold....both his old account and new account come up no problem. So the only thing my friend could think of is he recieved an IP ban from an overly sensitive mod. And I asked questions in my thread starter bc I do not want to fall to the same fate as my poor friend.

Being that nobody has heard of IP bans in this forum though, I will tell my friend that I do not have an answer for him about when this might be lifted so that he can participate in the forums again on his normal device.

BTW, since I am new here, I've heard rumors about this chick named Leila Johnson having some killer DD's.....is this true?

Funny you mention this because I am wondering if something is wrong with the forums. I have a "friend" as well who told me he keeps getting the failed logon message when he is on his Ipad and trying to use the forum. Could this be a forum problem?

Dillinja
and if you do happened to get banned, please do so before you win any competitions....
just saying ;)

Dravak
That's what I thought too, but why do both accounts work on this cpu, but not on my cell or other cpu right next to the one I am using. And this coincidentally started last night after my "sincere appology" thread. Believe me, I tried all avenues before I thought about the IP ban. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong...but I can't explain it any other way.

LOL stop being paranoid , like said those are the two reasons , nothing to do with you .
If in doubt , just hit your name and pwd 3-4 times , and the bot will hit the 5th time
And a email forwarded to your email adress , with the ip trying to access your account !
There were multiple different internal IP running .

Rhino72
05-24-2012, 02:19 PM
Funny you mention this because I am wondering if something is wrong with the forums. I have a "friend" as well who told me he keeps getting the failed logon message when he is on his Ipad and trying to use the forum. Could this be a forum problem?

Forget it I see the other messages and it does sound like a forum problem.

upsman 2.0
05-24-2012, 02:28 PM
Ok, so I finally just got a email response back from Funzio support who acknowledge that this is a known issue going on with the forums that they are trying to resolve. Still, even as a forum issue, it only seems to affect any cpu/device you have previously used to access the forums since I am using a cpu now that I never have before for personal use. I can now stop being paranoid, the timing of it just seemed to coincide with closed threads and whatnot.

Rhino72
05-24-2012, 02:29 PM
Ok, so I finally just got a email response back from Funzio support who acknowledge that this is a known issue going on with the forums that they are trying to resolve. Still, even as a forum issue, it only seems to affect any cpu/device you have previously used to access the forums since I am using a cpu now that I never have before for personal use. I can now stop being paranoid, the timing of it just seemed to coincide with closed threads and whatnot.

Lucky you should be in the clear but some other guy with a similiar name + 17 really deserves the ban hammer :D

Dravak
05-24-2012, 02:32 PM

Ok you are right they all HATE you , they don't want you and your money !
NOW GROVEL AND LICK THERE FEETS :p

Muwhaha beter yet lick my feets ;) happy now ?

upsman_17
05-24-2012, 02:37 PM
Ok you are right they all HATE you , they don't want you and your money !
NOW GROVEL AND LICK THERE FEETS :p

Muwhaha beter yet lick my feets ;) happy now ?

You are creeping me out now.......that in itself should be ban worthy.

To the OP, awesome name pal, you're the tits!

Paulio
05-24-2012, 02:38 PM

Don't you mean your "friends" sincere apology thread?

upsman 2.0
05-24-2012, 02:41 PM
Don't you mean your "friends" sincere apology thread?

Yes. Yes, of course. My "friends" apology thread. :)

Dravak
05-24-2012, 02:41 PM
You are creeping me out now.......that in itself should be ban worthy.

To the OP, awesome name pal, you're the tits!

LOL right on mate :p ain't going to happen .

Cause you asked for it , so stop Q.Qing .

crybaby
05-24-2012, 02:51 PM
You might not be the best looking girl here, but beauty is only a light switch away...
.....That's some funny ish there LOL

QPR
05-24-2012, 02:59 PM

I had the login issue this evening and was definitely using the right logins

upsman_17
05-24-2012, 03:00 PM
It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong......I am NOT a big man.

Dravak
05-24-2012, 03:02 PM
LOL good enough , apologise or no apologise accepted ;)

upsman_17
05-24-2012, 03:04 PM
and if you do happened to get banned, please do so before you win any competitions....
just saying ;)

What can I say, I have a way with the customers. :)

Fig Oni
05-24-2012, 03:18 PM

This is not the way to join a forum.
Also when an average person tries to be clever, he usually sounds stupid.

Dorian Gray
05-24-2012, 03:24 PM

case in point :p jk

upsman_17
05-24-2012, 03:26 PM

Well it's a good thing I'm not an average person then, huh?

Fig Oni
05-24-2012, 04:05 PM
I think Mark was right

Doesn't your sarcasm detector need calibration?

This forum making me go crazy I assumed someone was taking the mikey out out upsman handle name.
The grammar was so bad you got me.

mnju_03
05-24-2012, 04:11 PM
I guess I can't follow the thread... Being Jewish! Lol

upsman_17
05-24-2012, 04:27 PM
I think Mark was right

This forum making me go crazy I assumed someone was taking the mikey out out upsman handle name.
The grammar was so bad you got me.

LOL! I missed it, when did CCM say that? Sorry to confuse you, I confuse myself sometimes.

I guess I can't follow the thread... Being Jewish! Lol

I won't hold it against you. :)

Fig Oni
05-24-2012, 05:46 PM
LOL! I missed it, when did CCM say that? Sorry to confuse you, I confuse myself sometimes.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?30301-CCMark-We-still-care&p=236664&viewfull=1#post236664

mnju_03
05-25-2012, 02:34 AM
Good stuff... ;)

BOS
05-25-2012, 04:54 AM
@ upsman17, for some reason I couldn't log in yesterday either... funny huh?

Dreno33
05-25-2012, 06:32 AM
@Everyone who COULDNT LOGIN YESTERDAY ~

CCM told us on a thread in MW that they switched servers and caused some people problems with logging in yesterday. That was all. He posted it around like 11am and said it was gonna be fixed within the next 2 hours.

tony187
05-25-2012, 06:32 AM
I got banned for a week the basrads

BOS
05-25-2012, 06:34 AM
I got banned for a week the basrads

Hopefully another week soon.

upsman_17
05-25-2012, 07:02 AM
Hopefully another week soon.

I might have missed something in the past, but is tony187 a reincarnation of Mr. Clause?

BOS
05-25-2012, 07:06 AM
I might have missed something in the past, but is tony187 a reincarnation of Mr. Clause?

Possibly...Just as annoying, absolutely!

upsman_17
05-25-2012, 07:13 AM
"That outfit would look GREAT crumpled in a heap on Unsolved Mysteries." - this one NEVER works.

upsman_17
05-25-2012, 07:17 AM
Possibly...Just as annoying, absolutely!

Not QUITE as annoying. The 30 year old acting the part of a wholesome 13 year old while commenting/repeating on EVERY thread was worse.

BOS
05-25-2012, 07:24 AM
Not QUITE as annoying. The 30 year old acting the part of a wholesome 13 year old while commenting/repeating on EVERY thread was worse.

True...I think tony187 should start a "bad pick up lines" thread... I think he would get tons of cool responses!

upsman_17
05-25-2012, 07:26 AM
True...I think tony187 should start a "bad pick up lines" thread... I think he would get tons of cool responses!

You hear that tony187? If you build it, they will come.