PDA

View Full Version : Minor building glitch

Dipstik
05-24-2012, 07:16 AM
Ive got a building... Building, and I can't select it. I can't move it or check its progress. I think this happened before, but I'm not sure. Is this common? Will my building finish normally?

Babytway
05-24-2012, 07:23 AM
this should be in Technical Forums, will be handled effectively in correct forum

Dipstik
05-24-2012, 07:25 AM
And in a perfect world people would read and answer posts over there. I'm not perfect and neither is the world, so I ask here.

Sasha54
05-24-2012, 08:09 AM
And in a perfect world people would read and answer posts over there. I'm not perfect and neither is the world, so I ask here.

I have this happen quite a bit on something that's building - when I want to check on how long to completion - just can't seem to grab it. I usually just wait because tapping the screen repeatedly in a haphazard manner will often cause bad things to happen..........lol
like accidentally using gold to upgrade it fast

Dipstik
05-24-2012, 08:13 AM
Did it finish building normally? It's my first NC, and I'd really hate to have it bugged.

PawnXIIX
05-24-2012, 08:33 AM
When you try to select it does it select other buildings and/or decorations or does it just not do anything...like you're tapping a wooden desk.

murf
05-24-2012, 08:36 AM
I have this happen quite a bit on something that's building - when I want to check on how long to completion - just can't seem to grab it. I usually just wait because tapping the screen repeatedly in a haphazard manner will often cause bad things to happen..........lol
like accidentally using gold to upgrade it fast

I've had this happen too and it finishes normally...I've also had slow connections speeds and done just as Sasha said, clicked it 3-4 times, then next thing you know I've either sold it, or upgraded it immediately....

dudeman
05-24-2012, 09:22 AM
The fix is easy but should not be necessary. But, again with the perfect world talk...

1 Select any object in your hood (that you can actually highlight... don't just keep trying the "broken" building)
2 Tap "move"
3 Exit the move. Red "x" or green check, doesn't matter.
4 Tap the broken building again and check it like normal.

This has happened to me with several buildings. It's doing that right now with my current build. The steps I listed work every time.

Dipstik
05-24-2012, 09:28 AM
Thank you, dude man, that worked perfectly!

dudeman
05-24-2012, 09:33 AM
Works every time, just like I said :cool:

No problem, Dipstik.

Sasha54
05-24-2012, 09:39 AM
This is exactly how I accidentally spent a ton of gold to finish an expansion immediately. Because I kept tapping - wanted to see how long I had left - it was just slow, so the next thing I know - I've done an immediate expansion.
Fortunately Funzio resolved this one to my satisfaction:cool: but that's why I am extra careful now.

dudeman
05-24-2012, 10:15 AM
This is exactly how I accidentally spent a ton of gold to finish an expansion immediately. Because I kept tapping...

Not exactly. The issue here is being completely unable to select or highlight a building that is being built or upgraded. It doesn't matter if you keep tapping because you will never get the building information to come up until you do the simple fix. (Sometimes this problem does just temporarily go away, but the fix I found is reliable and works every time. Even though it's still only a temporary fix.)

Personally I would rather have this problem than the lag problem because you could never accidentally tap on something that's being built/upgraded.

Johnny70
05-24-2012, 10:30 AM
this has happened to me several times but it was always with other buildings around and I just figured out that if I moved any of the buildings around it then the one being built was "visible"