PDA

View Full Version : Funzio under new managment.

Spoon86
05-23-2012, 05:00 PM
I'm looking for peoples opinion whether Crime City has gotten better or worse ever since Funzio got bought out by GREE.

For me Crime City has gotten worse for the following reasons

-Barely any new content has been added for the exeption of gold weapons.

-Communication between Funzio(GREE) and us(the people) isn't there, Everything has been hush hush for awhile now.

-The problem concerning farming still hasn't been addressed.

-They don't even act like out opinion matters, Hell they even took away our suggestions section from away us.

I decided to make this thread because I'm witnessing alot of forumers quit CC and want to see if its because of the way the game is heading.
With the recent price hikes it seems GREE stands for greed.

mnju_03
05-23-2012, 05:01 PM
Let them catch their breath, geesh... :P

jobadass
05-23-2012, 05:53 PM
I would say worse. Only one reason; Haven't see LFizzles big smile in a long time.

Gaming Will
05-23-2012, 05:59 PM
I would say worse. Only one reason; Haven't see LFizzles big smile in a long time.

#1, they must have her working too much. In fact, I miss all of their presence, it was cool to see Marky Mark around here today.

jobadass
05-23-2012, 06:02 PM
#1, they must have her working too much. In fact, I miss all of their presence, it was cool to see Marky Mark around here today.
CCM has been around today. His Stalin hand came down at least once. I always appreciate the fact that he is one factor that doesn't change.
edit. sorry. didn't read your post correctly Will. You already saw him:)

Dr BoneCrusher
05-23-2012, 06:12 PM
Does anyone think Funzio will lose the community aspect of their games under the new management? One of the best things in the past was, the impression I had that the employees of Funzio enjoyed playing their games and wanted them to get better not just more profitable. I just think it's better let money follow you and not to chase it.

Plumbernick9
05-23-2012, 06:15 PM
L Fizz was probably thrown out on her ass. Mark shouldn't be too far behind.

jobadass
05-23-2012, 06:16 PM
Does anyone think Funzio will lose the community aspect of their games under the new management? One of the best things in the past was, the impression I had that the employees of Funzio enjoyed playing their games and wanted them to get better not just more profitable. I just think it's better let money follow you and not to chase it.
I hope not. Actually, I would like to see an increase in their participation on this forum. It's decreased a lot lately

jobadass
05-23-2012, 06:17 PM
L Fizz was probably thrown out on her ass. Mark shouldn't be too far behind.
and your reasoning? Or are you just being nasty?

Plumbernick9
05-23-2012, 06:23 PM
I am basing that on their recent performance and actions.

Nicholost
05-23-2012, 06:29 PM
I think we're witnessing Funzio's transition period from behind frosted windows. We're assuming their being purchased for a big chunk of cash was a good thing, but we need to realize that changes like this are not always good for the average employee; in fact, many times it's quite rough on them. There's almost always significant changes in policy, procedures, staff, and their roles. It's not unheard of for people who have been doing a great job at their role to be cut because the purchasing company saw too much redundancy or felt one of their own employees could do the role better. In other words, I doubt things are warm and fuzzy for the original Funzio staff right now. Additionally, I can almost guarantee that the purchasing company has prohibited any Funzio employees from discussing the takeover with the public, that includes us. Failure to follow that guideline would likely result in immediate termination.

So unfortunately for us, we have grown accustom to the consistency of a group of folks whose world just got turned upside down and who cannot even tell us why their consistency changed. On our end, we're disheartened by their lack of communication on the matter, which, ironically enough, they are prohibited from discussing with us. If you guys want an example of a catch 22, I think we have one right in front of us.

Our best option is to sit tight, let things calm down at Funzio HQ, and be patient, which some of us have trouble doing when we take on the "but we're paying customers" act. But honestly, there's not much else that can be done until the dust settles in San Fransisco.

jobadass
05-23-2012, 06:35 PM
Nick, I hear you...for sure. But with the kind of money Funzio was bought for, somebody already had a game plan.
If not, somebody is insanely rich and just plain nuts

Jill
05-23-2012, 06:39 PM
+1 Nicholost You are 100% correct, as always.

I would imagine things are a bit stressed right now with no one really sure whats around the corner.

Perhaps CC真久 is about to appear LOL

(Google this of course, its spells Mark in kanji)

Nicholost
05-23-2012, 06:42 PM
Nick, I hear you...for sure. But with the kind of money Funzio was bought for, somebody already had a game plan.
If not, somebody is insanely rich and just plain nuts

The person/people who have a game plan are the owners. Everyone else is along for the ride and at the mercy of whatever new policies GREE enforces on them, which could be radio silence. I mean, think about it this way: the community manager, L Fizzle, does not post anymore. That's probably not her choice.

I doubt CCM is an owner. I'm positive Fizzle is not. They are just doing whatever they are told. But since we don't know what they've been told, their actions appear very strange to us.

Dr BoneCrusher
05-23-2012, 06:45 PM
I think we're witnessing Funzio's transition period from behind frosted windows. We're assuming their being purchased for a big chunk of cash was a good thing, but we need to realize that changes like this are not always good for the average employee; in fact, many times it's quite rough on them. There's almost always significant changes in policy, procedures, staff, and their roles. It's not unheard of for people who have been doing a great job at their role to be cut because the purchasing company saw too much redundancy or felt one of their own employees could do the role better. In other words, I doubt things are warm and fuzzy for the original Funzio staff right now. Additionally, I can almost guarantee that the purchasing company has prohibited any Funzio employees from discussing the takeover with the public, that includes us. Failure to follow that guideline would likely result in immediate termination.

So unfortunately for us, we have grown accustom to the consistency of a group of folks whose world just got turned upside down and who cannot even tell us why their consistency changed. On our end, we're disheartened by their lack of communication on the matter, which, ironically enough, they are prohibited from discussing with us. If you guys want an example of a catch 22, I think we have one right in front of us.

Our best option is to sit tight, let things calm down at Funzio HQ, and be patient, which some of us have trouble doing when we take on the "but we're paying customers" act. But honestly, there's not much else that can be done until the dust settles in San Fransisco.

Great post Nick, for the last few weeks the dynamics of the game changed a bit but i think you are right all just wait and see what comes out on the other side.

Alice
05-23-2012, 06:57 PM
+1 Nicholost
No matter what, we've had a good time here. Plus the time/real money invested, there is no need to quit too fast.

blondealex
05-23-2012, 07:21 PM
I agree with Nicholost. The buyout plus addition of KA and Andriod release and all of the bugs that came with it probably have everyone swamped.

Spoon86
05-23-2012, 07:54 PM
The person/people who have a game plan are the owners. Everyone else is along for the ride and at the mercy of whatever new policies GREE enforces on them, which could be radio silence. I mean, think about it this way: the community manager, L Fizzle, does not post anymore. That's probably not her choice.

I doubt CCM is an owner. I'm positive Fizzle is not. They are just doing whatever they are told. But since we don't know what they've been told, their actions appear very strange to us.

I just want the higher ups to know that the natives are getting restless, Just hoping the message gets passed along by our forum moderators even though they can't comment on the subject.

Ever herd of the saying "if it aint broke don't fix it", Funzio was doing a very good job lets hope GLEE doesn't ruin it by trying to recoup that 210 million they spent by raising our taxes in crime city.

TRAZ
05-23-2012, 08:14 PM
Companies have adjustment periods. It happens. Just roll with it and enjoy the game.

mnju_03
05-24-2012, 02:34 AM
+1 Nicholost You are 100% correct, as always.

I would imagine things are a bit stressed right now with no one really sure whats around the corner.

Perhaps CC真久 is about to appear LOL

(Google this of course, its spells Mark in kanji)

Woooow..... Lmfao!

L Fizzle
05-24-2012, 03:18 PM
I'm very limited in what I can say. Nicholas is right. I'm sorry guys...I'm doing the best that I can.

Steve0
05-24-2012, 05:04 PM
Glad to see you still on here L Fizzle, But it would be nice to hear from you guys on some of thies issues that are going on. Even if its limited.

Plux
05-24-2012, 05:29 PM
Glad to see you're still with us Fizzle. :D

Gaming Will
05-24-2012, 05:31 PM
Glad to see you still on here L Fizzle, But it would be nice to hear from you guys on some of thies issues that are going on. Even if its limited.

Way to stay positive.

enahs1
05-24-2012, 05:36 PM
I'm very limited in what I can say. Nicholas is right. I'm sorry guys...I'm doing the best that I can.
I am so glad your still here. Hope you can post more soon

John Snow
05-24-2012, 05:53 PM

I hope your return to Gree is a good one. Not having you mods on the board regularly definitely leaves it feeling a little empty.

John Snow
05-24-2012, 05:56 PM
I don't play any Gree games (I don't think). Do they have an active forum community? If not, maybe the new corporate parent doesn't understand or appreciate the value of forums and this is trickling down to Funzio.

G Wiz
05-24-2012, 06:01 PM
Just relieved to see Fizzle!

Thank God

Plux
05-31-2012, 06:28 PM
To Fizzle, CC Mark and the rest of the great team at Funzio, looking forward to your appearances on here and I tip my hat to the tournament. That was inspired. I see some of the team quietly on here more then occasionally so it's good to see Funzio in the forums hidden but visible ;-)

scarface2012a
05-31-2012, 07:55 PM
I wouldn't blame green so soon, I'm trying to think that the fault is more related to a poorly managed transition process, which normally is a failure of both sides, who leaves and who arrives. Unfortunately, I feel like all the ongoing projects have been left behind, and the support to the users was forgotten... I do hope they are able to recover quickly!

scarface2012a
05-31-2012, 07:59 PM
:p Sorry... mistyped GREE (ok, Green is not so bad). :rolleyes: