PDA

View Full Version : 24hr syncing

murf
05-23-2012, 03:09 PM
Do you guys sync all your 24hr buildings together or do you spread the risk out to 2 separate collections per day, ideally synced with your 12hr buildings? This way if you miss it, it's less of a hit.

joaquim
05-23-2012, 03:17 PM
I put them all together.

Dorian Gray
05-23-2012, 03:23 PM
I've never truly synced my hood. My 24s are all over the place because of upgrades and because I'm on my iphone I check my hood too often for them to get in sync naturally. It's one of those things I keep meaning to get around to doing but haven't yet.

mnju_03
05-23-2012, 03:32 PM
I do what I want!

jobadass
05-23-2012, 03:33 PM
mine are pretty spread out. Only cuz I suck at syncing. I wish they were all the same...or exactly 12 hours apart, but I'd screw that up.

murf
05-23-2012, 03:34 PM
I've never truly synced my hood. My 24s are all over the place because of upgrades and because I'm on my iphone I check my hood too often for them to get in sync naturally. It's one of those things I keep meaning to get around to doing but haven't yet.

I use to be like this, and then was away for a few days and came back and realized how nice it is when everything is synched. I still check my hood hourly to collect my 1hr, so I sometimes collect mis-timed upgrades, but if they are robbed I don't collect until they re-sync now.

Alice
05-23-2012, 03:40 PM
Another advantage of syn is large amount of cash collected simultaneously for new building/upgrade/purchase, which saves deposit cost for those who do not own emerald burner(including me, I build a missile turret after collection, building time is 48 hours, which is also very convenient for the next build-after-collection)

murf
05-23-2012, 03:45 PM
Another advantage of syn is large amount of cash collected simultaneously for new building/upgrade/purchase, which saves deposit cost for those who do not own emerald burner(including me, I build a missile turret after collection, building time is 48 hours, which is also very convenient for the next build-after-collection)

That's a great idea....now that I'm done building money buidlings and only building missile turrets currently, I should sync it up with one of my collection times. Ideally my 48 hrs, so there will never be any slippage.

Dr Girlfriend
05-23-2012, 03:54 PM
Missile turrets?

I know once you level up defense buildings a certain point they don't do much, but I still think gatlings at level 2 for about $150k each total is a better investment. Am I wrong?

Dr Girlfriend
05-23-2012, 03:56 PM

On topic, this is my hood, too. My house isn't very clean, either.

Ramshutu
05-23-2012, 04:08 PM
Buildings naturally sync up over time. I have my 12hr collections in the morning and evening that I have to make sure I get as if I don't it screws me up as I'm on an iPad and can't collect if the buildings come up 3 minutes after I leave for work.

24 hr buildings naturally sync up over time if you log on irregularly. To me, there is no point forcing it to happen, it just putting yourself in the position of loosing money when you don't need to.

Alice
05-23-2012, 04:12 PM
Missile turrets?

I know once you level up defense buildings a certain point they don't do much, but I still think gatlings at level 2 for about $150k each total is a better investment. Am I wrong?

I've never figured out how good def buildings are, just kept building for def missions...I'm gotta build them sooner or later anyway, as long as they don't destroy my economy. Say I got 650k for a single collection, why not build a turret and deposit the rest?

Dorian Gray
05-23-2012, 04:16 PM
Missile turrets?

You can only build up to 50 def buildings of each kind. So because of their footprint, missles are the next def building people usually move on to.

murf
05-23-2012, 04:21 PM
Missile turrets?

I've built 50 gatlings already...nothing worthwhile left to build money-wise and next expansion is $40mm, so for now that only leaves me with missile turrets to build...

There was a thread a few days ago, where I mentioned that for defensive buildings, $$ really shouldn't be a consideration, b/c they are all so cheap by the time you unlock them. Missile turrets are $500k every 2 days, I make $39m+ every 2 days. So, it really comes down to Def/sq.

murf
05-23-2012, 04:23 PM
Buildings naturally sync up over time. I have my 12hr collections in the morning and evening that I have to make sure I get as if I don't it screws me up as I'm on an iPad and can't collect if the buildings come up 3 minutes after I leave for work.

24 hr buildings naturally sync up over time if you log on irregularly. To me, there is no point forcing it to happen, it just putting yourself in the position of loosing money when you don't need to.

I agree completely, but say you mis-time a 24hr upgrade, and it gets robbed and your next 12hr collection comes up in 1hr and your 24hr/12hr collection is in 13hr. Do you wait 1hr to re-sync or 13hrs?

PawnXIIX
05-23-2012, 04:32 PM
I am OCD with my collection times, all my 12 hours are together, all my 24 hours are together, 3 hours, even some of the 8 hours that I have yet to factor out of my economy because they are just so worthless in terms of IpH.

I even time the upgrades so that way when the building finishes upgrading it is right back on the sync, or at least within 30 minutes of the other buildings. At that point I just let it sit.

Luke 3457
05-23-2012, 05:59 PM
Nice Alice good idea! I usually build missile turrets after big rob that works too :)

murf
05-23-2012, 06:04 PM
Nice Alice good idea! I usually build missile turrets after big rob that works too :)

I buy Sarin Gas after my big robs

Feng1234
05-24-2012, 05:06 AM
Sync them together because it's cool having a big income come in and helps with bigger upgrades. It saves time and effort and I like all the big green icons.

But there's always a gradual lag so your times keep slipping until you have to resync which stuffs up my scheme a little haha. But it saves my sanity.

Max Power
05-24-2012, 06:46 AM
I prefer to sych them together, although my Palms are synched to the other 12, just because I don't want to let them slide 12 hours.

While the strategy of eliminating some losses is sound, it also might create as many losses as it prevents, depending on your diligence. I think most people can pick on time of the day that will be consistent and more easily remembered that 2 times.

Ramshutu
05-24-2012, 08:17 AM
I agree completely, but say you mis-time a 24hr upgrade, and it gets robbed and your next 12hr collection comes up in 1hr and your 24hr/12hr collection is in 13hr. Do you wait 1hr to re-sync or 13hrs?

That's a trick question, I don't mistime upgrades.

On a more serious note, it does depend, and this is probably the only valid reason for leaving buildings. Bear in mind the time difference of different players. The majority of players are US and European time. If I leave a building to pop up overnight, it is very likely to be robbed. If I leave it over the day, it tends to get left alone.

It will be the same for the US guys as well,