PDA

View Full Version : Crates For Sale - The BIGGER Picture

War Priest
05-23-2012, 12:06 PM
After many of you kept suggesting crate purchases in a few of my threads I wanted to create a thread to help those who "don't realize" why that may not be a great idea now.

I used to love crates. Enough that I bought ten 3-packs every new release. Have now ended that for a few reasons.

Not only are the single crates complete rip offs now in my opinion due to the increased price with decreased rare chance.

Yes, crates may help you a lot with stat boosts, especially in the beginning.

The BIG Picture

Besides rare units, uncommon and common units are to low of stats for compaired to the Elite Ops Jet Fighter (Stats 100/65)

Many people are saving valor only for that unit once we get there. Once achieved, all those units you have from months of saving valor now knock all those weak crate loot out of battle.

Just wanted to open the eyes of those who may not realize this. :)

stricker
05-23-2012, 12:18 PM
...here, i'll soil your thread wp... though i'm not a gold player, i still would advise on opt#3... bang for buck

you need to decide are you ultimately playing for collective/fun purposes or king of the hill bragging rights! imo, not humble...

War Priest
05-23-2012, 12:20 PM
They look good in my inventory, but now regret the few thousand gold I have spent on crates...

War Priest
05-23-2012, 12:20 PM
...here, i'll soil your thread wp... though i'm not a gold player, i still would advise on opt#3... bang for buck

you need to decide are you ultimately playing for collective/fun purposes or king of the hill bragging rights! imo, not humble...

Read my last few posts in my poll thread.

War Priest
05-23-2012, 12:32 PM
To which one do you mean not humble..?

Bronson
05-23-2012, 12:36 PM
Crates aren't for you anymore they are for players like me. I would be classed as extremely low gold I just by 1 3x crate a month a rare for me is like gold dust an uncommon is more powerful than anything I can buy with funzio dollars but the common is pretty much a waste of time.

For you if it isn't rare it's not worth it.

CAPT.GIN
05-23-2012, 12:41 PM
Yea I agree with you WP, I opened a crate along time ago with tapjoy gold and my stats went up by 5 I believe... And it was only defense...

Tctiger
05-23-2012, 12:53 PM
I am like Bronson gold is rare , got comp fac and seeing the price of land plus the gold buildings plus my weak stats to gold players I'm thinking just gamble for a lucky rare out a crate , I just fancy a 3 pack of crates , or would I be better to get some sea unit with my uk boost out of shop? Have 150 now and they put crates up :(

JohnnyR
05-23-2012, 01:20 PM
Well, food for thought-those bad azz valor units WILL die. Your crate units will not. Do you see any time where even the lowest stat crate item will be worthless? Even if they do become worthless at some point, you'd have had them pad your stats and help you win for all that time until they did get phased out. I say crates still rock, buy 3 packs though if ya want-single is a complete rip now days....

stricker
05-23-2012, 01:23 PM
To which one do you mean not humble..?mine... duh... none of them!!! lol ;p

War Priest
05-23-2012, 01:23 PM
Valor units will die. Then you replace them. And yes, I see all those units under 100 phasing out in the future...

stricker
05-23-2012, 01:26 PM
Well, food for thought-those bad azz valor units WILL die. Your crate units will not. Do you see any time where even the lowest stat crate item will be worthless? Even if they do become worthless at some point, you'd have had them pad your stats and help you win for all that time until they did get phased out. I say crates still rock, buy 3 packs though if ya want-single is a complete rip now days....
your point is correct johnny but the real issue at hand is that wp has plugged two similar threads to address his personal crisis on "tough calls"...LOL

Luke7676
05-23-2012, 02:25 PM
your point is correct johnny but the real issue at hand is that wp has plugged two similar threads to address his personal crisis on "tough calls"...LOL

Lololol! He just wants some input I think. He has some big decisions to make soon I believe, so I'm sure he'd like the feedback :) but as far as crates go. Even now they increased the prices. The 3 pack is still worth it to me. Though I have stopped with tapjoy and I am not buying anymore crates untill the price comes back down

War Priest
05-23-2012, 02:28 PM
Lololol! He just wants some input I think. He has some big decisions to make soon I believe, so I'm sure he'd like the feedback :) but as far as crates go. Even now they increased the prices. The 3 pack is still worth it to me. Though I have stopped with tapjoy and I am not buying anymore crates untill the price comes back down

The 3 pack is worth it because the rare chance increased. But the singles aren't I believe. Not only increased price, but decreased rare chance.

But the point of the thread is anybody who buys lots of crates may want to reconsider since they will be replaced in the future.

stricker
05-23-2012, 02:35 PM
But the point of the thread is anybody who buys lots of crates may want to reconsider since they will be replaced in the future.
lol... ok wp... i'll try to forget this is a personal crisis for you... even though you 'tough call' is directly associated with the inflation of the crates...

how about you put a protest sign on your cherry jolly rancher cross that says 'crates cost too much!' =]

War Priest
05-23-2012, 03:10 PM
lol... ok wp... i'll try to forget this is a personal crisis for you... even though you 'tough call' is directly associated with the inflation of the crates...

how about you put a protest sign on your cherry jolly rancher cross that says 'crates cost too much!' =]

What flavor..?

Bronson
05-23-2012, 03:15 PM
Thats more like it the "Golden Priest" lol

Stay away from crates you can get the high end units without a problem, I cant thats why i gamble with a 3 pack a month.

I must say i haven't done to bad tho with 4 rares so far!

bigflan
05-23-2012, 03:19 PM
With crates I have 3 rares but crates just got nerfed