PDA

View Full Version : Response from Funzio Re: High death rates

mickymacirl
05-23-2012, 02:17 AM
Quote from Funzio:

"Hello Micky,

I apologize for the delayed reply. I am passing on your feedback on this matter to the game developers, but it is not broken and working as intended."

Now, as a test, I raided a level 108 with 7k att and 7k def, two buildings for 6 sta.

Win: 210k
Lost: HM, 2 SH and 2 SF (on one raid)

Thoughts?

Sepi
05-23-2012, 02:38 AM
Casualties seems unbearably awful as your Attack value is 8,5 times higher than opponents Defence. :/ I assume that those buildings weren´t enveloped with highly upgraded defence buildings?

Have you tried to raid Unit or Boost Buildings yet? I lose 2-3 units everytime I raid those, no matter what D and A values are.

I´m planning actually to upgrade Infirmary to level 10 in coming weeks, and test too if there´s any significant changes to casualties after 42% reduction (building 20 % + Response Unit 20 % + Black Shark Helicopter 2%).

mickymacirl
05-23-2012, 02:49 AM
Casualties seems unbearably awful as your Attack value is 8,5 times higher than opponents Defence. :/ I assume that those buildings weren´t enveloped with highly upgraded defence buildings?

Have you tried to raid Unit or Boost Buildings yet? I lose 2-3 units everytime I raid those, no matter what D and A values are.

I´m planning actually to upgrade Infirmary to level 10 in coming weeks, and test too if there´s any significant changes to casualties after 42% reduction (building 20 % + Response Unit 20 % + Black Shark Helicopter 2%).

Yep, unit lose rates are as high attacking someone of equal str... always an high valor unit or two. This guy didn't have any defensive buildings bar a few level one SAMs a few squares from these buildings.

I always raid defense buildings and from what I can work out the losses are not any different than a normal raid.

I have two Heli's and my inf building is at level 2 (upgrading to level 3 as we speak) never did manage to get the response unit, really wish I had of now!

So basically, in summary, 210k cash raid on a player much lower than myself netted me a cost of 1650 valor. :/

Aidan
05-23-2012, 03:10 AM
That reply sounds about right. The new high cas was funzio doing and was never a bug. Question is why? This make things even more unfair. Players that have the cas glitch/hack will have even more advantage and can never be catch now.

mickymacirl
05-23-2012, 03:25 AM
That reply sounds about right. The new high cas was funzio doing and was never a bug. Question is why? This make things even more unfair. Players that have the cas glitch/hack will have even more advantage and can never be catch now.

All I can tell you is, that if there's someone with a low cas glitch, there is a strong possibility that there is a high cas glitch.

The cas rates haven't been changed on the local code, and according to funzios website the equal plist file on their servers is the same with the same date and time stamp. So they are defo turning a dial with a global variable.

Someone mentioned before that they got the low cas glitch after an event.

I get the feeling they lower the global variable before an event and then turn it back up after the event, are we sure that this is working properly for the people who are losing a hella lot of high value units when before they weren't?, myself being a case in point here.

I'm going to do some more digging and dig out the numbers of the new valor units and compare their ratio to loss with the older valor units, and then compare vs a backup of my iphone I took 2 days after I started playing this game a few months ago.

Ascent
05-23-2012, 03:34 AM
Do we actually have proof that if the enemy raids the boost buildings we lose attack and defense value? I just had a bug fixed where I can't see the "raided" icons above my buildings and noticed that all of my boost buildings were raided probably for weeks now. When I fixed them I did not notice any change in my A/D stats. It may have been just because those stats fail to update unless I make a cash purchase (another bug) abut I wonder if anyone has actually tested this yet?

Aidan
05-23-2012, 03:44 AM
@micky please share your findings via pm.

@ascent i dont have screenshots but what i did was i attacked this guy who is similar to my stats. Lost 2 attacks on him. I then raided his composites and clicked back to my base. Went back to his base and attacked him again. Won all of my attacks after that. I forgot to see whether his stat decrease or not.

Best to try it yourself.

DILL3NGER
05-23-2012, 03:51 AM
@micky please share your findings via pm.

@ascent i dont have screenshots but what i did was i attacked this guy who is similar to my stats. Lost 2 attacks on him. I then raided his composites and clicked back to my base. Went back to his base and attacked him again. Won all of my attacks after that. I forgot to see whether his stat decrease or not.

Best to try it yourself.

Thats interesting. I didnt know that the boost building directly changed your Att/Def stats. Mine have never changed even if I get them raided and then repair them. My stats stay the same....

Thoughts?

enahs1
05-23-2012, 04:03 AM
I might have low casualty rate. I'm on level 30. I went to fight someone to test my army just now. Out of the ten stamina I used, I lost one submarine and one battle tank. I lost 5 of those fights and my army is made up of submarines (has a medium casualty rate)

mickymacirl
05-23-2012, 04:04 AM
Thats interesting. I didnt know that the boost building directly changed your Att/Def stats. Mine have never changed even if I get them raided and then repair them. My stats stay the same....

Thoughts?

Defo does, I did the same to TC when we did our fight night, I hit him first and lost, raided his DEF buildings and won the next 13 times.

Higher level players ALWAYS hit ur DEF buildings first, so I reckon it is working for me at least. I do not noticed a drop in my numbers when my boost buildings are raided though...

mickymacirl
05-23-2012, 04:57 AM
I might have low casualty rate. I'm on level 30. I went to fight someone to test my army just now. Out of the ten stamina I used, I lost one submarine and one battle tank. I lost 5 of those fights and my army is made up of submarines (has a medium casualty rate)

I don't think so to be honest, any reporting of cas glitch I've seen shows that the player attacking loses 1 unit out of 500 attacks or so.

Guide rain
05-23-2012, 05:09 AM
Whether it is a glitch or by design, it is ruining game play for me. I had to stop all attacks to preserve what valor units I have left since valor gained is less than lost no matter how low A/D values of opponents have been. My cash income has barely covered the losses from those 20 levels above me who can attack me at will. I am watching the valor units they kill dwindle away knowing there is no hope of replacing them if this trend continues. No expansions, upgrades or new buildings for a week. I wish I could say this was fun, but why should it be fun, it's a game!

mickymacirl
05-23-2012, 05:27 AM
Whether it is a glitch or by design, it is ruining game play for me. I had to stop all attacks to preserve what valor units I have left since valor gained is less than lost no matter how low A/D values of opponents have been. My cash income has barely covered the losses from those 20 levels above me who can attack me at will. I am watching the valor units they kill dwindle away knowing there is no hope of replacing them if this trend continues. No expansions, upgrades or new buildings for a week. I wish I could say this was fun, but why should it be fun, it's a game!

I'd have to agree there, I'm losing NOTHING but valor units when I raid or attack, be it someone of my own level or 20 levels below/above.

JohnnyR
05-23-2012, 06:22 AM
This is nuts Micky, what's your unit composition? Is this normal for you?

I'd try again, blitz them with screenshots and stats. Something is definitely wrong.

Arizona
05-23-2012, 06:28 AM
Now, as a test, I raided a level 108 with 7k att and 7k def, two buildings for 6 sta.

Win: 210k
Lost: HM, 2 SH and 2 SF (on one raid)

Thoughts?
Maybe your opponent had very high unit density; and bringing superior units to defend against yours. How many allies?
Maybe gold units; but losing because of being outnumbered, but making sure he/she takes a few valor on the way to defeat. There's all sorts of variables to include. Also maybe valor units aren't all they're made out to be. I regard the ones you've lost as stop gap measures or expendables, to be ultimately replaced by better cash or gold units.

I understand how frustrating it can get. I lose hornets, frigates, ballistic subs at 2m a pop; no matter what measures I take. My only solution is to pad out my units evenly for now. Don't have too much of one and not enough of another. The only units I'm happy to see die are Commandos. They've become meat shields, and knowing one of them has died, means my valor units are still there.
Just my thoughts.

Aidan
05-23-2012, 07:02 AM

Thoughts?

Maybe the stats dont change but the effect is still on until you repair them. Btw, arent you a pirate? Surely you wud know ths... Apologies if you arent

mickymacirl
05-23-2012, 07:05 AM
This is nuts Micky, what's your unit composition? Is this normal for you?

I'd try again, blitz them with screenshots and stats. Something is definitely wrong.

Totally not normal, started happening over the weekend, usually before then I had problems losing 5 fighter jets a raid/fight, that's manageable somewhat (5 x5k) isn't that bad compared to 1650 valor in units. I've always padded out my units as I lose them (ie switched from fighter jets to warthogs as I leveled, then the next unit, say Pave-lows or Specter Gun ships, then Comanches, vtol t etc etc). I always have tried to have an equal number of meat units for inf and ground, air and sea.

I've be forced to reduce my allies considerably after last night, I lost over 4k in valor units in just one attack by a level 140 for valor

Now of course I can't display more than 15 allies so had to put in another support ticket that's not going to be answered for another 4 days :P You just can't win with this game !

mickymacirl
05-23-2012, 07:11 AM
Maybe your opponent had very high unit density; and bringing superior units to defend against yours. How many allies?
Maybe gold units; but losing because of being outnumbered, but making sure he/she takes a few valor on the way to defeat. There's all sorts of variables to include. Also maybe valor units aren't all they're made out to be. I regard the ones you've lost as stop gap measures or expendables, to be ultimately replaced by better cash or gold units.

I understand how frustrating it can get. I lose hornets, frigates, ballistic subs at 2m a pop; no matter what measures I take. My only solution is to pad out my units evenly for now. Don't have too much of one and not enough of another. The only units I'm happy to see die are Commandos. They've become meat shields, and knowing one of them has died, means my valor units are still there.
Just my thoughts.

The whole point is its ANYONE I attack, or anyone who attacks me, I'm down about 200 allies now at around 300, it's made little difference heh, still losing a load of valor units per attack, although it seems to be either I lose nothing then say on the middle of 3 raids I might lose 2 SF.

These people don't even have the Event prizes let alone a strong gold army.

mickymacirl
05-23-2012, 07:16 AM
hehe Case in Point:

A Level 101 with 247 Allies just attacked me, with 4k and 7k att and def. He lost a Mine Launcher I lost a HM. I'm like 58k 58k in att and def....

JohnnyR
05-23-2012, 07:16 AM
Wow, 5 units a fight?! Had thought it was capped at 3.

It actually appears you might have stepped into no mans land recently. I'm at level 107 right now and all I see is in my rivals list is lvl 110+. It appears that nobody can see me, or anyone else in this little zone (100-110) as I haven't been attacked for days. I wonder if crossing that line caused something to happen...

Poopenshire
05-23-2012, 07:26 AM
Wow, 5 units a fight?! Had thought it was capped at 3.

It actually appears you might have stepped into no mans land recently. I'm at level 107 right now and all I see is in my rivals list is lvl 110+. It appears that nobody can see me, or anyone else in this little zone (100-110) as I haven't been attacked for days. I wonder if crossing that line caused something to happen...

I lose 4 or 5 when ever I fight against anyone close to my stats.

Thunder Child
05-23-2012, 07:29 AM
Wow, 5 units a fight?! Had thought it was capped at 3.It actually appears you might have stepped into no mans land recently. I'm at level 107 right now and all I see is in my rivals list is lvl 110+. It appears that nobody can see me, or anyone else in this little zone (100-110) as I haven't been attacked for days. I wonder if crossing that line caused something to happen...Interesting! I'm at L106 and I'm experiencing the same thing. Feel like the invisible man!

Arizona
05-23-2012, 07:47 AM
The whole point is its ANYONE I attack, or anyone who attacks me, I'm down about 200 allies now at around 300, it's made little difference heh, still losing a load of valor units per attack, although it seems to be either I lose nothing then say on the middle of 3 raids I might lose 2 SF.

These people don't even have the Event prizes let alone a strong gold army.

If your opponents really are that weak, then yeah, that's gotta suck bad.
Funzio though, say their game engine isn't broken. Hmmmm!

Aidan
05-23-2012, 07:52 AM
Funzio though, say their game engine isn't broken. Hmmmm!

In other news, ireland will not require further bailout. Greece will have a surplus of 100 Billion Euros and Liverpool just signed Lionel Messi.....

Arizona
05-23-2012, 08:04 AM
In other news, ireland will not require further bailout. Greece will have a surplus of 100 Billion Euros and Liverpool just signed Lionel Messi.....

Should've gone to Leeds Utd

Copenhagen
05-23-2012, 08:11 AM
hehe Case in Point:

A Level 101 with 247 Allies just attacked me, with 4k and 7k att and def. He lost a Mine Launcher I lost a HM. I'm like 58k 58k in att and def....

That is messed up and in no way how the game should or is operating in my experience. As long as I have 1/3rd more A than a rival's D, it is unlikely that I will loose any units. Keep sending tickets with screen shots.

War Priest
05-23-2012, 08:24 AM
I remember a long time ago saying something like how do we even know that there is a problem with casualties, it might be set up like that on purpose... :rolleyes:

mickymacirl
05-23-2012, 08:26 AM
I remember a long time ago saying something like how do we even know that there is a problem with casualties, it might be set up like that on purpose... :rolleyes:

Well according to the ticket I got in response it is setup like that. Why, they want me to buy more gold I'm guessing, 700 units equal to the power of SH is 10,000!

War Priest
05-23-2012, 08:29 AM
Seems like I am the only one who considered that to be an option.

EDIT: Even found the post. :p

I was thinking that last night. I'm not effected by the casualty rate, so I don't have any problems in that area, but I was thinking how do players even know if there is a casualty rate problem? I mean it could be designed like that on purpose. That could be the way Funzio wants it.

JohnnyR
05-23-2012, 08:32 AM
Seems like I am the only one who considered that to be an option.

The evidence is that this is an isolated case. If Funzio wanted to do this to cause him to buy gold, they'd do it to everyone.

War Priest
05-23-2012, 08:37 AM
The evidence is that this is an isolated case. If Funzio wanted to do this to cause him to buy gold, they'd do it to everyone.

I didn't say they wanted him to buy gold. I am talking about there being nothing wrong with the casualty rate.

JohnnyR
05-23-2012, 08:40 AM
I didn't say they wanted him to buy gold. I am talking about there being nothing wrong with the casualty rate.

So was most of my post. Let's try it again.

The evidence is that this is an isolated case. If Funzio wanted to do this they'd do it to everyone.

War Priest
05-23-2012, 08:43 AM
So was most of my post. Let's try it again.

The evidence is that this is an isolated case. If Funzio wanted to do this they'd do it to everyone.

Do what? What are you referring to?

Aidan
05-23-2012, 08:47 AM
I started to play after xmas last year. Back then there was no casualties unless you attack someone stronger or similar stat to you. That however changed sometime during end of jan. People start to experienced a high casualties.

CJ at that time even admited that it was a bug that they are trying to rectify. I even bumped that thread last month but got a telling from CCM and blocked the thread. Now they have changed tune saying it is intended.

War Priest
05-23-2012, 08:51 AM
They may have adjusted it during that window for it to be perfect. To me, not losing and units only to a strong player is what was wrong to me. With that, you can almost avoid never losing units and Funzio doesn't want that.

I may be the only one seeing this and on their side of the comment but they could have done a number of things between them saying it was a bug and them saying it is intended. Really, we would never know. They could have adjusted it a few % and you wouldn't really be able to tell.

Copenhagen
05-23-2012, 09:12 AM

An intentional global change is adaptable and equitable. The description Mickey provided suggest a major inconsistency compared to my experience, although I am at a lower level.

Aidan
05-23-2012, 09:12 AM
The problem is now that the game is imbalanced. Some are having zero/low casualties and some are having high casualties. For micky, he's definitely on the extreme side and you can be sure that there are others like him.

Short story they need to fix this game fast! Either make everyone have casualties or make MW like CC. No casualties.

War Priest
05-23-2012, 09:17 AM
An intentional global change is adaptable and equitable. The description Mickey provided suggest a major inconsistency compared to my experience, although I am at a lower level.

Haha

I am just stating that who are we to determine there is a "error" with the rates. Only Funzio would know something like that.

Also, Aidan mentioned there was hardly any casualties in December. Back then the game was pretty new. There are going to be error's when a game first comes out. Then they go in and fixed what they missed. Not saying that is what happened, but most likely they realized that no units are really dying and adjusted the dial.

War Priest
05-23-2012, 09:20 AM
The problem is now that the game is imbalanced. Some are having zero/low casualties and some are having high casualties. For micky, he's definitely on the extreme side and you can be sure that there are others like him.

Short story they need to fix this game fast! Either make everyone have casualties or make MW like CC. No casualties.

That is the "unfairness" with Funzio. They will most likely say "on an individual basis, some get high casualties and some get none. As long as the majority of the players are having the right casualties, it is considered fair."

Haha, I talk to Funzio in email a lot! :p

Aidan
05-23-2012, 09:30 AM
That is the "unfairness" with Funzio. They will most likely say "on an individual basis, some get high casualties and some get none. As long as the majority of the players are having the right casualties, it is considered fair."

Haha, I talk to Funzio in email a lot! :p

Sounds like they are taking this lightly. No wonder no efforts have been made to rectify this. Now i understand. Make complete sense to me now. Tho i think they gonna regret that in the future.
Oh btw, i used some but some is actually pretty much an understatement judging by what i've seen so far

War Priest
05-23-2012, 09:36 AM
Sounds like they are taking this lightly. No wonder no efforts have been made to rectify this. Now i understand. Make complete sense to me now. Tho i think they gonna regret that in the future.
Oh btw, i used some but some is actually pretty much an understatement judging by what i've seen so far

Wasn't saying that is an official statement but based of of their usual replies, it's about right. Though that was an offical statement regarding the events minus the causalty rate chat. They don't seem to take that serious either. They basically said that some people, on an indivual basis, expeirence a lop sided effect and don't expeirence the average outcome. They even told me that as long as the majority of the players expeirence the average outcome based on opening choice, it is considered fair. What BS that is...

Fong123
05-23-2012, 10:04 AM
Quote from Funzio:
I am passing on your feedback on this matter to the game developers, but it is not broken and working as intended."
Thoughts?
I am sure this is working as intended (by Funzio). The higher the death rates, the more advantage the gold players (with indestructible units) will have... then more income for Funzio !?

mickymacirl
05-23-2012, 10:07 AM
Hell, I don't mind losing cash units, but valor units EVERY freaking time with no reason that is evident is a pisser to be honest.

Like I said before this has only been happening since friday, something has changed somewhere, I'm not going crazy.

Fong123
05-23-2012, 10:12 AM
I am definitely saving my valors until they 'fix' this...

Aidan
05-23-2012, 10:15 AM
I am definitely saving my valors until they 'fix' this...

4 months, 23 days, 18 hours, 15 minutes and counting.. Lol

JohnnyR
05-23-2012, 10:17 AM
Hell, I don't mind losing cash units, but valor units EVERY freaking time with no reason that is evident is a pisser to be honest.

Like I said before this has only been happening since friday, something has changed somewhere, I'm not going crazy.

What level were ya on Thursday? You might have just left the "kiddie pool" which I'm betting is related. All of us b/w 100-110 can see whales, yet we're being shielded from attacks. What's crazy is when this started, I could also see all the way down to 1 allied rivals-yes ONE ally while I had 200, talk about brutalization, lol. Currently see min of 28 allies that I've added 50 though. Might not all be related, but there surely is something afoot...

War Priest
05-23-2012, 10:18 AM
4 months, 23 days, 18 hours, 15 minutes and counting.. Lol

Wow, that is some serious obsession. :p

Aidan
05-23-2012, 10:23 AM
Wow, that is some serious obsession. :p

Lolol. Just joking. Dont even care now tbh. I'm still bitter but have begin to accept the unfairness

mickymacirl
05-23-2012, 10:27 AM
What level were ya on Thursday? You might have just left the "kiddie pool" which I'm betting is related. All of us b/w 100-110 can see whales, yet we're being shielded from attacks. What's crazy is when this started, I could also see all the way down to 1 allied rivals-yes ONE ally while I had 200, talk about brutalization, lol. Currently see min of 28 allies that I've added 50 though. Might not all be related, but there surely is something afoot...

I was level 111 on thursday! Maybe changing to level 112 triggered something?

I'm not just losing valor units to whales, everyone loses when someone with 145k attacks you :P I'd expect to lose medics, m amul's, etc and maybe one or two valor units.

I'm also losing valor units vs people with the same better stats, half stats and 4k def. Level 109 to level 200, makes no difference, every time, I dont lose ANY cash units since Friday. Battling AND Raiding mind you.

Guide rain
05-23-2012, 10:37 AM
I will echo that the "whales" explanation doesn't account for my personal experience. Casualties are worse when I attack than defend, and I don't attack those most would consider "whales". Not trying to argue, just proposing we continue to look for other explanations/solutions.

JohnnyR
05-23-2012, 10:48 AM
I'm also losing valor units vs people with the same better stats, half stats and 4k def. Level 109 to level 200, makes no difference, every time, I dont lose ANY cash units since Friday. Battling AND Raiding mind you.

This is crazy, something is definitely effed up. There is Mav who loses NOTHING in any attack with the most high powered rival, and there is Micky losing ONLY valor, and tons of it to the weakest rivals. I'd send this entire thread to CC Mark and kindly ask him to peruse this. A ticket is just a ticket, this whole situation is weird. Mav's putting something together too, maybe get with him first. Crap, I hope this doesn't happen to me, just a short hop away from Whale Zone...

mickymacirl
05-23-2012, 11:12 AM
http://i50.tinypic.com/29o1stf.png

This person attacked me and lost, half my stats

I hit back twice

http://i45.tinypic.com/b3vsk9.png

http://i50.tinypic.com/2jg5u2d.png

mickymacirl
05-23-2012, 11:30 AM
again, different person, 1/3rd of my stats first attack since last

http://i45.tinypic.com/ehgghh.png

Tctiger
05-23-2012, 01:10 PM
Does seem random sometimes too ! When you are loosing better units than you should be for no good reason . That is looking at what top units go in to battle ,stats and buildings, things just don't add up sometimes . Random factor?

JohnnyR
05-23-2012, 01:14 PM
Micky-I think I see your problem. It looks as if the bottom unit you're carrying is the expert attack drone. There are more units below your 45 shown, but just fom what I see here it appears you do not have anything to lose except high power units. Have you any meat shields?

When I went 50 ally, all I brought into battle were Super Hornets and Strike Eagles. I lost a TON of SEs. I tried modifying strategy, but still it persisted. When there are no units but your valor units, they will die. Perhaps you pushed out all your cash units unwittingly.

mickymacirl
05-23-2012, 02:01 PM
Ive plenty of meat shields, always have, i was losing the same amount of units at any ally count

John Snow
05-23-2012, 02:01 PM
After losing a handful of Super Hornets and two Carriers in a couple of standard raids (my attack at least 2x their defense) last week, I'm upgrading my infirmary to level 10. I'll hit level 6 tomorrow. I hope this makes a noticeable difference.

War Priest
05-23-2012, 02:05 PM
Read the "Frequent Flayer Thread".

Comparative attack and defense have no impact on casualties in any of our games. You could have a billion attack and they have 1 defense and you'd still have the same casualty rate.

Just because your glass cannons do a ton of damage, doesn't mean they're invincible.

A/D scores doesn't make a difference!

Aidan
05-23-2012, 02:08 PM
Yeah but that is definitely not what happen in the game. Entirely different thing

mickymacirl
05-24-2012, 12:19 AM
Attacked during the night 38 times and lost 5k att and def. All Valor units!

Maverick50727
05-24-2012, 07:02 AM
mickymacirl,
FYI, clean out your Private Messages. Tried to send you some stuff but you are always over your limit like me. LOL
I would like you to check some things and compare to me to maybe help figure out this low loss thing.

mickymacirl
05-24-2012, 07:04 AM
Sorry mav, cleaning now!!!

Maverick50727
05-24-2012, 07:55 AM
Sorry mav, cleaning now!!!
NP, I'm always over too. They should give more that 100. LOL

FYI, got a call from the school nurse and had to go pickup daughter from school for a cough and fever. Doctor will be next. Then it will getting prescriptions filled, etc. Day is probably shot for me now. Let me know what you find per the PM I sent you. I may not be on much for a few days, forgot that this is a holiday weekend for us in the US. Perfect time for Funzio to start an event.

Maverick50727
05-24-2012, 08:00 AM
NP, I'm always over too. They should give more that 100. LOL

FYI, got a call from the school nurse and had to go pickup daughter from school for a cough and fever. Doctor will be next. Then it will getting prescriptions filled, etc. Day is probably shot for me now. Let me know what you find per the PM I sent you. I may not be on much for a few days, forgot that this is a holiday weekend for us in the US. Perfect time for Funzio to start an event.
^%$#^%#@ I was just kidding. Didn't know the cammo event just started!!. Saw the note in the forum and closed and restarted MW. Sure enough it is there.

So this might ruin some of the reasons I wanted for us checking values, I'm still not sure if they change loss rates prior to/durring events. So I may need to check again a few days after as event ends and before another (if that ever happens). Let me know still adn we may have to put our heads together more after the event ends. Enjoy!!

mickymacirl
05-24-2012, 08:28 AM
I took a backup before the event (about 8pm GMT last night) so the compare should be very good! Enjoy ur weekend!! Wish it was a long weekend here hehe

Ramshutu
05-24-2012, 10:00 AM
I remember saying just what the Funzio representative said ages ago, I think the behaviour is intentional. They have implemented the system to work like it does now.

However, much like the shame faced middle aged male in an emergency room with a saucepan stuck in his bottom, we all know that consequences of an intended action may not always be comfortable.

The problem isn't the losses, crunching the numbers ages ago, I worked out that adjusted for unit ownership, losses were a inline with the loss percentages.

The problem is, if you use the raw loss % of each of your own units, you would be loosing many more units than many of us are now. This means that the order in which units are 'tested' to see if they are lost is important.

I have a theory that is working out, but fairly untested, that the unit loss mechanics search through the units in a similar order as they appear in your inventory list. Is would explain why I loose 4x as many amphibious troopers as I do snipers, even though the number taken to battle are about the same. This also explains why I loose 20x more sh than SFs, because stealth frigates appear far on the right of the list, whereas SH appear to the left.

mickymacirl
05-28-2012, 12:33 AM
OK new update from Funzio, completely different tune than the original response and I quote:

"We're looking into adjusting the unit casualty rates" IS a lot different than "This is working as intended"

Let's hope they fix whatever's wrong so we won't continue to lose high value units.

Tate
05-28-2012, 12:46 AM
I'm with you Micky! Just last 2 SH, 3 HM and a SF in 25 attacks against players with between 50-65% of my stats. I always check their inventory to see what I may lose and I'm always surprised with the results. Don't get it, and I hope Funzio fixes this soon. 2200 valor units lost for about 125 valor in return just isn't worth it! Gonna camp for a while

Mcdoc
05-28-2012, 02:26 AM
Do we actually have proof that if the enemy raids the boost buildings we lose attack and defense value? I just had a bug fixed where I can't see the "raided" icons above my buildings and noticed that all of my boost buildings were raided probably for weeks now. When I fixed them I did not notice any change in my A/D stats. It may have been just because those stats fail to update unless I make a cash purchase (another bug) abut I wonder if anyone has actually tested this yet?

I can tell you it DEFINITELY makes a difference. I had my stats almost even at 72k each - then this morning I did a stat check for sits & giggles and noticed my Defence stat was down around 62k - so I was extremely confused that maybe I had lost a few hundred SH's in my full on Attacks for the PvP tourney - since I rarely even check the lost units in my reports since they are mostly AT's and Tree Snipers.

So there is this Pirate who decided to attack my base (his stats showed up as 89k / 76k) and I noticed earlier that he had hit my Airhanger and other boost buildings. I "repaired" all of them - but overlooked the Compsites Factory (specific to defense). I hit to repair it - did another Stat Check - and my defense was back up to 72k.

So yes - those Boost Bldgs work like a charm!

Mcdoc
05-28-2012, 02:45 AM
Hell, I don't mind losing cash units, but valor units EVERY freaking time with no reason that is evident is a pisser to be honest.Like I said before this has only been happening since friday, something has changed somewhere, I'm not going crazy.

I had skipped PvP for over 2 months except during the times I needed to pick up crates during events - but I mostly got them from PvE. Anyway - because of that - I wasn't completeing a lot of the valor missions - then about 2 weeks ago when I quit caring about casualty losses & went Full Bore on PvP again - I was getting 1500 to 2000 Valor points every 10 th kill. I was able to rack up 40k valor in an hour - took my SH count average up from 500 to over 1000 - and when I lost down to 950 - take them back up to 1100.

So as much as I hate losing my SH's in battle, I'm not crying about it as much now since I'm not earning each individual Valor Point as before - instead the Valor Points are raining down on me with all of these behind the scenes Valor missions I had accidently avoided for so long.

Bronco928
05-31-2012, 11:32 AM
Defo does, I did the same to TC when we did our fight night, I hit him first and lost, raided his DEF buildings and won the next 13 times.

Higher level players ALWAYS hit ur DEF buildings first, so I reckon it is working for me at least. I do not noticed a drop in my numbers when my boost buildings are raided though...

I've noticed the numbers don't seem to drop until u leave their base and return. So, I would hit the composite factory 3 xs, then leave and return to find the lower defensive stats. Seems the same for other boost buildings to; I had my base raided and couldn't tell where they hit until I left my base and then returned.
Has anyone else noticed this?

Q Raider
06-01-2012, 02:53 AM
Had a reply to a ticket I sent in recently relating to my iPad crashing every time I lost a Valor unit in an attack.

Response stated that there is no casualty glitch.

The casualty calculations are done on the server and the results sent to your iPad.

Sent a reply re statements made by some that they experience no casualties while others have very high ones, waiting for another response.

mickymacirl
06-01-2012, 04:17 AM
Good luck with that, I certainly think they do not know whats going on half the time.

Q Raider
06-01-2012, 04:31 AM
Upgraded my Valor units beyond the 40% attack value again.

First attack was a conservative one against opponent half my attack strength.

Won.........sort of....
Lost 1 SH, 1 EAD, 1 Elite helicopter

Know exactly how you feel now Mickymacirl....

As usual the app crashed before I could get a picture.

Aidan
06-01-2012, 05:12 AM
Upgraded my Valor units beyond the 40% attack value again.

First attack was a conservative one against opponent half my attack strength.

Won.........sort of....
Lost 1 SH, 1 EAD, 1 Elite helicopter

Answer from CCM.

Comparative attack and defense have no impact on casualties in any of our games. You could have a billion attack and they have 1 defense and you'd still have the same casualty rate.
Just because your glass cannons do a ton of damage, doesn't mean they're invincible.

The deciding factor are number of units you bring to battle vs your opponent number of units & 'strong against unit'.

If you bring 2000 units to battle and you fight opponent with 500 units, chances are you wont suffer any casualties or at least a low one.

This however only apply to normal players. Micky is an exception. His casualties defo a bug.

mickymacirl
06-01-2012, 05:13 AM
Yep, I'm seeing the very same.

If I bring my valor units above 40% of total I WILL lose them next attack, be it from a high level or a low level, stats do not seem to matter.

mickymacirl
06-01-2012, 05:16 AM
Aye, just as a test last week I bought my allies down to 73 (I've like 430 gold units with about 360 above the att and def of valor units) vs people bringing 200 units to battle, still lost valor units.

Aidan
06-01-2012, 05:22 AM
Aye, just as a test last week I bought my allies down to 73 (I've like 430 gold units with about 360 above the att and def of valor units) vs people bringing 200 units to battle, still lost valor units.

292 vs 200 is too close. You need to be attacking plyrs with 50-80 units (10-20 allies)

Your army consists of gold and valor unit so when you lose unit, of course it's going to be valor

Tho if you have the bug it wont matter.

mickymacirl
06-01-2012, 06:11 AM
Yes I understand this, as a test I bought some high value high stat cash units like b bomber, they havent been touched.

Q Raider
06-01-2012, 02:35 PM

73 allies is 292 units, your Valor units were not even in the active battle, but were still lost.

That is plain wrong.....has to be a problem there.

If every item in your unit inventory was actually susceptible to being lost then it should also apply to tree snipers and battle tanks and most of us have hundreds or thousands of them.

Bronco928
06-05-2012, 09:29 AM
Yep, unit lose rates are as high attacking someone of equal str... always an high valor unit or two. This guy didn't have any defensive buildings bar a few level one SAMs a few squares from these buildings.

I always raid defense buildings and from what I can work out the losses are not any different than a normal raid.

I have two Heli's and my inf building is at level 2 (upgrading to level 3 as we speak) never did manage to get the response unit, really wish I had of now!

So basically, in summary, 210k cash raid on a player much lower than myself netted me a cost of 1650 valor. :/

Don't woryy bro, the Black Dragon with 30% reduction hasn't made a bit a differnce for me. I still lose absurd numbers of high value valor units, regardless of opponent's strength.

Poopenshire
06-05-2012, 09:36 AM
THe real problem is the low Casualty rate people. I still see people >750 super hornets, >250 Hardened Marines and still banking huge amounts of valor. I could never build my army with this. I lose so much valor units I cannot keep more than 300 super hornets.

Bronco928
06-05-2012, 06:52 PM
THe real problem is the low Casualty rate people. I still see people >750 super hornets, >250 Hardened Marines and still banking huge amounts of valor. I could never build my army with this. I lose so much valor units I cannot keep more than 300 super hornets.

Ever since the valor missions expired, I can't even maintain 300; I've been stuck at 295, everytime I buy 2 more, I lose 3.

Poopenshire
06-05-2012, 06:59 PM
After a really bad attack I sent a ticket. 1100 valor lost on a single attack against someone 1/2 my strength and 1/3 the units. 2 super hornets and 1 attack drone. They didn't lose a darn thing. It's out of hand. I never hear of that kind of loss from anyone else.

Automaine
06-05-2012, 08:20 PM
It all balls down to making u by gold units that's funzio plan.

Biermaken
06-05-2012, 08:37 PM
Well yeah...that's actual cash in hand. They wouldn't last long without it.

JMC
06-05-2012, 08:57 PM
CCM stated that stats do not matter, but they do seem to.

However it also appears that unit ratio matters as well. For example any player with 2000 units should net me high casualties, regardless of their stats if stats in fact do not matter.

However there is a very weak player that recently purchased a couple thousand light gunners to get his unit count over 2000. His stats are very low, but he nets some casualties, but he can also give zero casualties sometimes.

If only stats mattered, he should of net me zero everytime. If only amount of units mattered, he should of given me 2-4 casualties per fight like other players do. Instead, he nets me casualties about 50-60% of the time and not that many. So right now i'm not really sure how it's working.

azy
06-05-2012, 09:32 PM
@JMC - Impeccable logic. My guess is even Funzio doesn't fully understand how this works. There's probably one guy coding this up, but without a clear design or algorithm to follow, so he keeps making tweaks without clear understanding of what consequences to expect with every change.

Corsair
06-05-2012, 09:42 PM
Yep, spaghetti code, takes on a life of its own. I think that's part of the reason they are delayed in releasing the event items. Too many variables and multiple layers of randomness.

mickymacirl
06-13-2012, 10:56 AM
good point corsair

Wdigeorge
06-13-2012, 11:42 AM
CCM stated that stats do not matter, but they do seem to.

However it also appears that unit ratio matters as well. For example any player with 2000 units should net me high casualties, regardless of their stats if stats in fact do not matter.

However there is a very weak player that recently purchased a couple thousand light gunners to get his unit count over 2000. His stats are very low, but he nets some casualties, but he can also give zero casualties sometimes.

If only stats mattered, he should of net me zero everytime. If only amount of units mattered, he should of given me 2-4 casualties per fight like other players do. Instead, he nets me casualties about 50-60% of the time and not that many. So right now i'm not really sure how it's working.

One factor that most of us don't see are the attack and defense skill points of our rivals. I wonder if that has some play in unit casualties even though your attack and defense scores do not.

JMC
06-13-2012, 11:52 AM
Likely has some effect, but not every player is getting destroyed by everyone else when it comes to skill ppoints. Wouldn't make sense for so many people to have such high casualty rates against just about everyone. If there is an effect it probably doesn't do too much.

@MickyMacIRL Your message box is full and so i can't respond to your message.

mickymacirl
06-13-2012, 11:54 AM
Appolgies JMC, cleaned now!

RussellSmith
07-01-2013, 10:52 PM
As we can see death rate (http://www.HaskelLaw.com/) is getting bigger a side from that many people are afraid to undergo surgery after death reports are released.A recent study focused mainly on patients who needed a common type of heart surgery, though they hypothesize this same type of thing might be happening with other procedures as well.

I am a cow
07-01-2013, 10:57 PM
As we can see death rate (http://www.HaskelLaw.com/) is getting bigger a side from that many people are afraid to undergo surgery after death reports are released.A recent study focused mainly on patients who needed a common type of heart surgery, though they hypothesize this same type of thing might be happening with other procedures as well.

what the hell your a year late buddy it was this thread was started in 2012