PDA

View Full Version : Major LAG Now :(

Mcdoc
05-22-2012, 02:23 PM
Is anyone else experiencing the game in SLOW Motion?

Just looking around my own Base to collect is even painful. Trying to do PvE takes 10 times as long.

PvP is even worse. It takes me about 20 seconds to complete ONE attack before I can commence the 2nd blow (used to take about 3 seconds).

I sent in a ticket - but even typing the ticket - the words were about 5 seconds behind my typing.

This is on an Ipad-2. In contrast - my CC & KA games are running at full speed.

I suspect this has something to do with the New Battle Points. I noticed the lag right about a week & 1/2 ago during the event - so I thought it was a combination of people trying to get the event & trying to level up in Battle Points.

Sad thing is - after the last update - things seemed to be working faster than ever before for a few days - especially the attacks - where the Iron Curtain closed for results for only about 1 second compared to what used to be 3 or 4 seconds.

stricker
05-22-2012, 02:26 PM
are you doing tapjoy mcdoc?

Mcdoc
05-22-2012, 02:27 PM
Yeah - you think that might be the culprit?

stricker
05-22-2012, 02:29 PM
Yeah - you think that might be the culprit?
it's possible... make sure you are signed out of tapjoy and/or make sure safari is not running... then restart MW and see if that helps.

Ryan5100
05-22-2012, 02:31 PM
I get the lag during battles but that's about it

stricker
05-22-2012, 02:38 PM
...another prob. maybe that you are just running too many apps at one time. just because it is closed in your mind doesn't neccessaryly mean that it is not running... here is how you can manually turn apps off: (i've copy/pasted from someone else below... so i don't claim credit... haha)

Tap the home button twice.
At the bottom of the screen you’ll see a row app icons. These are the apps that are running. Slide your finger to move forward or backward through the apps. Chances are you’ll have more than the four that first show up.
Touch one of the app icon’s and hold your finger on it until they all start wiggling. A small red circle will appear at the top left of the icon.
Tap on the red circle and the app icon will disappear. The app is now no longer running in the background.
When you’re done shutting things down tap the home button and the apps will stop wiggling.
Tap the home button again to return to your home screen.
These steps will work even if you are currently using an app. In other words, you don’t have to be on the home screen to bring up the row of running apps.

Mcdoc
05-22-2012, 02:58 PM
Well - like I said - CC & KA are working just fine - it is just MW that has lagged out. And usually I have all 3 games running in the background plus Safari when I'm checking the boards (however at the moment I am on my PC).

I'll see if your suggestion makes a difference. I basically wanted to know if everyone / anyone else was experiencing the same Lag.

stricker
05-22-2012, 03:16 PM
gottcha... i've experienced it lately too but have been thinking that mine was assoc'd. w/tapjoy.

Buggs1a
05-22-2012, 03:25 PM
...another prob. maybe that you are just running too many apps at one time. just because it is closed in your mind doesn't neccessaryly mean that it is not running... here is how you can manually turn apps off: (i've copy/pasted from someone else below... so i don't claim credit... haha)

Tap the home button twice.
At the bottom of the screen you’ll see a row app icons. These are the apps that are running. Slide your finger to move forward or backward through the apps. Chances are you’ll have more than the four that first show up.
Touch one of the app icon’s and hold your finger on it until they all start wiggling. A small red circle will appear at the top left of the icon.
Tap on the red circle and the app icon will disappear. The app is now no longer running in the background.
When you’re done shutting things down tap the home button and the apps will stop wiggling.
Tap the home button again to return to your home screen.
These steps will work even if you are currently using an app. In other words, you don’t have to be on the home screen to bring up the row of running apps.

Those apps are not all running. I just did this ad there are tons of apps, over 25 and they are not all running. That's impossible. They are a history not really running.

stricker
05-22-2012, 03:32 PM
Those apps are not all running. I just did this ad there are tons of apps, over 25 and they are not all running. That's impossible. They are a history not really running.
:0 hehe... ok... yeah, that would be a pretty big cache to keep that much running...

the reason i've suspected tapjoy is because when i first started using tapjoy, i noticed that the building images, etc. would have to reload when i restarted MW after visiting the tapjoy website and collecting a little gold.

Bronco928
05-22-2012, 03:37 PM
same deal here...painfully slow all day

Tate
05-22-2012, 04:43 PM
I just did what Stricker suggested and it seems to make a little bit of difference but it still is lagging, likely the main server again. Although, i don't seem to be crashing quite so often...

Mcdoc
05-22-2012, 05:05 PM
I'm suspecting it is something SPECIFIC to Modern War since Crime City and Kingdom Age are not affected at all.

Although I must say that the casualty rate in KA has just been ridiculous. I know - Off Topic - but is was my own thread I hijacked - LoL

stricker
05-22-2012, 05:41 PM
I'm suspecting it is something SPECIFIC to Modern War since Crime City and Kingdom Age are not affected at all.
concur

Although I must say that the casualty rate in KA has just been ridiculous. I know - Off Topic - but is was my own thread I hijacked - LoLstarting to see the same too... lvl 50 there now... 15,469 att / 16,720 def, free play... oh, and i'm knot OT. =D lol

tate may be right about the server side... the new ranking system does place a whole new set of data parameters on top of a system that funzio had just recently seemed to finally fix the lag issues...

McDoc, did you start noticing the lag after the rankings appeared on the rivals list?

Mcdoc
05-22-2012, 05:47 PM
McDoc, did you start noticing the lag after the rankings appeared on the rivals list?Yes - that's about when - during the event too - so maybe it was a double whammy.

Buggs1a
05-23-2012, 12:37 AM
:0 hehe... ok... yeah, that would be a pretty big cache to keep that much running...

the reason i've suspected tapjoy is because when i first started using tapjoy, i noticed that the building images, etc. would have to reload when i restarted MW after visiting the tapjoy website and collecting a little gold.

Lol. Ya I get the lag reaaaaaaly bad on my retina screen ipod touch sometimes. Not as bad on my iPad 3.