PDA

View Full Version : Event 10th item

Selfproclaimed
05-22-2012, 12:47 PM
to those who have gotten the 10th item. was there any particular strategy that got you there as opposed to times when you didnt get it.
i have an arch enemy that has gotten the last 2 10th items. i can tell he doesnt use gold and its frustrating not being able to get even one. i know luck blak blah blah. but those who have gotten, please share your ways of success

War Priest
05-22-2012, 12:53 PM
Open ever hour, on the hour with the cash option.

Selfproclaimed
05-22-2012, 12:56 PM
i usually do that. i accidentally reset timer with 1 second left .thankfully support refunded me back the 15 gold . do the majority of your crates come from pve or pvp? and how many crates are you holding onto in the first couple days?

War Priest
05-22-2012, 01:00 PM
The first day from PVE. The second day if I don't get any from PVP I will PVE for them. The third and rest of the days I only PVP for them. PVE gives back to much XP. That is the reason I ranked up 4 levels on one event is because PVP wasn't providing boxes and I had to PVE the whole time.

I usually keep 5 or under during the whole event.

Lt. Falcon
05-22-2012, 01:29 PM
I haven't got the 10th in MW, but in CC I had got almost every one from pve. I was struggling to get crates and for a few hours I had none to open, I was getting them from mission/jobs that required more than 1 hit and repeating them as often as I could. I noticed that at the beginning of the event, the open drop rates were good and tried to get as many as chances at the beginning. I had 8 gun parts in the first 48 hours, the 9th on the 3rd day and got the 10th with one day to go. There was about 35-40 opens between 9-10. FYI...I had just started playing CC and that was my first event. I mainly used my knowledge of events from MW and applied them to CC and luck is key!!

Warfiend
05-22-2012, 01:43 PM
I've only gotten one, and it was the one I put the least effort into getting. I didn't try to load up on crates, I just grabbed a few in pvp and sat on them til I got down to 1. I think the most I had at any given time was 4, and that was only because I picked up 3 off one person when I had 1 left. I opened every hour when I could, but I didn't set timers and I didn't deprive myself of sleep, and there were many hourly open opportunities I missed. In fact, I started the day after the first night, and actually skipped trying most of one of the days. All cash opens, no free and no gold.

this is how it was. I am in no way suggesting this is the way to get it. One win hardly means anything. I think it's mcdoc who has gotten all of them, he's the guy I'd emulate if I was looking for a good event strategy, but I think he uses gold, which I don't and can't afford to do.

Aidan
05-22-2012, 02:12 PM
Edit: Removed content

Mcdoc
05-22-2012, 02:17 PM
Open ever hour, on the hour with the cash option.

Wow War Priest - that new Avatar looks like it's made out of a Jolly Roger - almost good enough to eat :)

Pace
05-22-2012, 04:53 PM
I know that they said the odds decrease when the number of parts increased. This is not entirely true. The odds decrease by days not number of parts you have.

What's yor evidence for this? Anyone else experience this? Just weary of being told to spend gold early.

Also, the effect you're describing may be right, but not the reason. You sure he symptom is not masking the reason? Maybe your chances of getting the 10th part decrease with every person who successfully gets one, thereby controlling the flow of powerful units into the game?

Aidan
05-22-2012, 11:49 PM
@pace i'll pm you later on this

mickymacirl
05-23-2012, 03:04 AM

share that pm please, but yes you are right, the chances of getting a item event decrease with time AND the amount you have according to the plist in the code!

Zelyon
05-23-2012, 03:40 AM
Got it for the first time only using the cash option.
First event that i didn't use gold...

TrikoCoral
05-23-2012, 06:24 AM
The last event I got to 7 on the first day, and had 8 as the 2nd day was starting. From the 2nd day morning till the end of the event I did not got a single propeller. I would check every hour in a day and always did the cash option.

From that experience I think it is all random. As i basically spent 5 days worth of the event at 8. Typically in a day i would open have about 15 attempts, meaning I had at minimum 75 attempts (not counting weekends when I stay up later and will open more boxes) to go from 8 to 9.

I have gotten 10 once, and participated in all the events, and always do the same cash only option strategy.

It is all random, though I do agree on the odds decreasing as the event nears its end and you near 10.

Taranis73
05-23-2012, 07:16 AM

Any chance of sending a copy of that PM to myself also Aidan.

Selfproclaimed
05-23-2012, 07:20 AM
2 events ago. During the medic one. I didn't participate in. Im trying to camp .But in the final day in the last 8 hours of the event, I was in need of some money so I raided a few players and did a couple missions. I ended up getting up getting 6 crates. I had opened all 6 cash option consecutively and of the 6 , 5 were parts

mickymacirl
05-23-2012, 07:45 AM
Any chance of sending a copy of that PM to myself also Aidan.

I'll give ya the PM when I see you later :wink :wink(y)

Thunder Child
05-23-2012, 07:49 AM
I'll give ya the PM when I see you later :wink :wink(y)I'll have one of them winks, Micky, if it's okay with you!

Aidan
05-23-2012, 07:53 AM
Lol. You all just got trolled by me. No PM. No secrets 😜

mickymacirl
05-23-2012, 07:54 AM
I'll have one of them winks, Micky, if it's okay with you!

Well me and Tar(d) will be meeting up later to play some FIFA I'd imagine! And to complain about Funzio usually! heh

Thunder Child
05-23-2012, 07:55 AM
Find me a can opener! Gonna remove a head!