PDA

View Full Version : Tough Calls

War Priest
05-22-2012, 12:16 PM
Was talking about this the other day but have slept on it for a few days and have came to these decisions and options. I am ending my crate purchases due to increased price and low stat units. I will continue to buy only 1 3-pack just for the hell of maybe getting a rare. I can use that extra gold for better units.

Just curious what you feel is the best solution for me.

1) Purchase 1 of each weekly limited edition units. (As I do now.)

2) Purchase 1 of each weekly limited edition units execpt get 2-3 of the powerful air units. (e.g. Blackbird, Green Dragonfire, Mantis Fighter)

3) End the 1 of each limited edition purchases and purchase 3-5 of the weekly air units only. (e.g. Buy 3 Mantis Fighters, 4 Black Eagles, 5 Hawk Jets)

I have came up with the min/max numbers based on my finances and the purchase amount based on the unit cost.

bigflan
05-22-2012, 12:18 PM
Actually the rare units are better in the crates

bigflan
05-22-2012, 12:20 PM
But if you stop crates then #2

boardgames rule
I would vote 3 for best bang for buck. Also what should the free players do with their TJ gold now since crates are'nt as good.

Tate
If I was a big gold spender, I may be able to help out. But, if it were me, I wd go for option 2 since for 175 gold, as you have pointed out, there is a 15% chance to gat a good rare unit, just my 2$

War Priest
05-22-2012, 12:25 PM
If I was a big gold spender, I may be able to help out. But, if it were me, I wd go for option 2 since for 175 gold, as you have pointed out, there is a 15% chance to gat a good rare unit, just my 2$

What do you mean? Crates aren't in the option.

War Priest
05-22-2012, 12:27 PM
I would vote 3 for best bang for buck. Also what should the free players do with their TJ gold now since crates are'nt as good.

I am also leaning towards option 3.

You can save it to buy a 3 pack of crates or gold money buildings.

bigflan
05-22-2012, 12:27 PM
Bets option is to cut of the weekly unit buying but buy the strongest unit and buy 50 crates

bigflan
05-22-2012, 12:28 PM
I am also leaning towards option 3.

You can save it to buy a 3 pack of crates or gold money buildings.Singles are not bad I bought a crime city one and scored a dark trench coat had like 41 attack 114 defense not bad

War Priest
05-22-2012, 12:29 PM
Bets option is to cut of the weekly unit buying but buy the strongest unit and buy 50 crates

Flan, I am not buying crates! Stop giving that advice.

spectra
05-22-2012, 12:34 PM
Was talking about this the other day but have slept on it for a few days and have came to these decisions and options. I am ending my crate purchases due to increased price and low stat units. I will continue to buy only 1 3-pack just for the hell of maybe getting a rare. I can use that extra gold for better units.

Just curious what you feel is the best solution for me.

1) Purchase 1 of each weekly limited edition units. (As I do now.)

2) Purchase 1 of each weekly limited edition units execpt get 2-3 of the powerful air units. (e.g. Blackbird, Green Dragonfire, Mantis Fighter)

3) End the 1 of each limited edition purchases and purchase 3-5 of the weekly air units only. (e.g. Buy 3 Mantis Fighters, 4 Black Eagles, 5 Hawk Jets)

It is all about getting the best value as possible.

4) Buy 1 of each limited edition purchases (for collection purposes), purchase 3-5 of the weekly air units only AND 2-3 units with high deffence stat to balance the high atk of the air units.

With this you would have a well balance atk/def stat (that is what I think)
Cheers

bigflan
05-22-2012, 12:34 PM
You should buy some crates for me no just kidding but you should buy 10 crates and 3 of the air LE units

War Priest
05-22-2012, 12:36 PM
4) Buy 1 of each limited edition purchases (for collection purposes), purchase 3-5 of the weekly air units only AND 2-3 units with high deffence stat to balance the high atk of the air units.

With this you would have a well balance atk/def stat (that is what I think)
Cheers

That is to much gold. I have came up with the figures based on my finances.

bigflan
05-22-2012, 12:38 PM
I want to get into med school and with that I could become the best player ever and crush war priest and Dreno and have 0 losses

spectra
05-22-2012, 12:39 PM
That is to much gold. I have came up with the figures based on my finances.

You could just buy the LEs you like and think are cool, and concentrate on your air units for increase stats while getting at least 1 with high DEF to compensate for the low DEF air units usually have

stricker
05-22-2012, 12:47 PM
#3 only... bang for buck unless you desire to continue the LE fetish...

& REPLY TO YOUR FRIENDS IN-WALL POST!!! NOT COOL... >:\

War Priest
05-22-2012, 12:49 PM
I will still most likely buy cool units even if I do end up chosing option 3 such as the spider tank or mortar man. But other than that, I won't.

I am really leaning towards option 3 because I get the country boost and will get more stats for the gold. I know I would be giving up my collector units but someday I won't be able to buy more gold and I would prefer to have better stats for the gold opposed to cooler looking units.

bigflan
05-22-2012, 12:52 PM
Hey war priest just keep buying crates you will lose nothing

War Priest
05-22-2012, 12:54 PM
#3 only... bang for buck unless you desire to continue the LE fetish...

& REPLY TO YOUR FRIENDS IN-WALL POST!!! NOT COOL... >:\

Sorry man. Didn't know what to reply.

War Priest
05-22-2012, 01:20 PM
Added a poll.

Warfiend
05-22-2012, 01:30 PM
3 is what I would do if it were me. Actually, if it were me, I would buy multiples of the most powerful LE every week and not bother with the weaker ones. I would do that with an eye on eventually entering whale territory.

But out of the options given, I would go with option three as I think it best prepares you for down the road.

War Priest
05-22-2012, 01:36 PM
3 is what I would do if it were me. Actually, if it were me, I would buy multiples of the most powerful LE every week and not bother with the weaker ones. I would do that with an eye on eventually entering whale territory.

But out of the options given, I would go with option three as I think it best prepares you for down the road.

Thanks. That is what I am thinking. I wouldn't get the most powerful unit if it isn't air because I am Russia and will get more stats for the gold, but would just focus on air units every week.

War Priest
05-22-2012, 01:54 PM
The reason I am ending crates is because they have low stat units and I could use that 1750 gold for powerful units such as the Mantis.

It will all balance out because when the highest unit is not an air unit, I wouldn't be spending as much gold even though I buy 5 of them. I am not sure if you guys know what I mean but I figured it out perfectly. Now it is if I want to give up collecting opposed to practical purchases.

Tctiger
05-22-2012, 02:17 PM
How about getting best stat stuff you can afford with your allowed gold and get one for the collection when you see something you like ,people were saying crates is best option as will get money's worth and maybe a top unit if luck, is that not the case now? What is low med and rare stat wise? What should I do when get 175 gold , crates or special unit in shop?

Mcdoc
05-22-2012, 02:55 PM
Saw a guy the other day with 100 Fighting Irish, 50 Green Dragonfires, 20 Sky Devils - I wish I had taken a Pic of his inventory :(

War Priest
05-22-2012, 08:25 PM
:(

Not much feedback at all...

War Priest
05-22-2012, 10:04 PM
This is to big of a decision to be done on my own... :p

JohnnyR
05-22-2012, 10:16 PM
Ya don't wanna hear my position, it ain't one of your three, lol.

Hey, WP-ever thought of playing a free account?

War Priest
05-22-2012, 10:18 PM
Ya don't wanna hear my position, it ain't one of your three, lol.

Hey, WP-ever thought of playing a free account?

Haha, no thanks. I do on KA and CC.

Let's hear yours anyways.

War Priest
05-22-2012, 10:22 PM
The practical thing would be to only buy air units. I just can't really let go of the LE collection so that is why this is a debate.

I keep thinking "Is it cooler to have many different LE's or have a bunch of the same LE's..."

vball
05-22-2012, 10:57 PM
I would go for #3. I agree that the country bonus along with a known commodity is a big factor.

I just used the last of my gold and got all common. So I am in the same boat, not going to buy anymore gold as it is not worth it to me.

Sorry it logged me out and ended up posting it in the wrong thread.

Shaking head sadly.

War Priest
05-23-2012, 09:52 AM
I let my finger do the talking and bought 5 Mantis Fighters. Guess I am going with only air untis.

mickymacirl
05-23-2012, 10:09 AM
Wicked! Looks like I'm gonna have to do the same going foward! Or end up with 2k att and def heh

War Priest
05-23-2012, 10:14 AM
Actually bought 4 of each totalling

5 Mantis Fighters
5 Satellite Destroyers
5 Nighthawks
5 Advanced Blackhawks
5 Raptors

Spent over 10,000 gold. :(

marebear
05-23-2012, 10:19 AM
I pick 2 because once an le is gone, that's it.

War Priest
05-23-2012, 10:22 AM
I pick 2 because once an le is gone, that's it.

Sometimes! You can still buy Spider Tanks and Black Eagles in the battle screen.

I decided to go with 3 because when it comes down to it, power is better than show.

I can always start collecting anytime again. I started in the middle of Feb so it isn't like I have every single one. If I did, I would still keep at it.

War Priest
05-23-2012, 12:29 PM
Don't even say it whoever noticed. I know the 5 raptors was a bad idea in the long run. But to late now...

stricker
05-23-2012, 12:37 PM
Don't even say it whoever noticed. I know the 5 raptors was a bad idea in the long run. But to late now...
lol... now that we are bouncing between 2 threads on the same basic issue, i had read you last few post here before soiling your crate thread and i still give the same recommendation!!!! opt#3 ...ripping your heart out on what you really WANT to do though, i can tell... LOL ...but that's if i were playing with your gold, not you!!! :p

yet, i'm not wp... and neither is anyone else, so you really should stick to your game man... you really enjoy the LE collection more than anything... so what if you don't get the most bang for you buck on stats... it's what you like!!! which is the bigger point of a GAME!!! recreation, enjoyment, pleasure, funzio, hobby, fetish, obsession, addiction... wait that would be me...

War Priest
05-23-2012, 12:41 PM
How about winning battles...? :rolleyes:

stricker
05-23-2012, 01:22 PM
How about winning battles...? :rolleyes:there will always be someone weaker and stronger than you... maybe stephen is the crown bearer but there is always the chance that reign will end too!

balance your fun is the idea... but do not compromise your playing style...

War Priest
05-24-2012, 12:32 PM
Scrap this thread. After stricker talked me into I cannot give up my collecting. :)

I had support refund all the extras I bought. 11,000 gold worth. So back to 1 of each and will stay like that!

spectra
05-24-2012, 12:38 PM
Scrap this thread. After stricker talked me into I cannot give up my collecting. :)

I had support refund all the extras I bought. 11,000 gold worth. So back to 1 of each and will stay like that!

Except for the "counterspy" right? they are just to sexy to have one, get 2 or 3, lol

War Priest
05-24-2012, 12:40 PM
Except for the "counterspy" right? they are just to sexy to have one, get 2 or 3, lol

Haha, nope. Back to a strick(er <- Haha!) limit of only one LE!

cheiz
05-24-2012, 01:32 PM
Good for you WP, I wish I could have options like that, but I'd have to decide not to let my kids have swimming classes, soccer, hockey, etc (Euro here, lol) - not an option obviously. If I did, I'd go for 3.

el_gringo
05-24-2012, 03:16 PM
Haha, no thanks. I do on KA and CC.

I swear you got a couple gem units on KA?

War Priest
05-24-2012, 03:33 PM
I swear you got a couple gem units on KA?

As soon as it came out I bought a few.

stricker
05-24-2012, 03:44 PM
As soon as it came out I bought a few....you did that during the beta testing, right? because i recall you said afterward that you weren't going to split you gold (gems) away from mw and that was were the gem purchases ended... correct?

War Priest
05-24-2012, 03:46 PM
...you did that during the beta testing, right? because i recall you said afterward that you weren't going to split you gold (gems) away from mw and that was were the gem purchases ended... correct?

Incorrect. Jp and I bought them the same day, like a week after the release.