PDA

View Full Version : Can anybody give me a good reason to keep playing?

Whoopdido1980
05-22-2012, 10:17 AM
I know I haven't contributed too much to this forum, so I doubt anybody will be too sad to see me leave, but I'm seriously considering quitting in a day or two.

I'm currently on Thug Life 298, so I'll be done with that in a few days. That was a huge goal of mine that I've been working towards for many months anc would like to complete. I recently built a nightclub and just a few days ago finished the level 2 upgrade. Income is closing in on $300K/hr. Give or take, I'm at 30K/30K attack and defense. That's somewhat strong for my level (143) but nowhere near the top dog. I don't have any trouble finding people to attack. I guess one other goal was to make it to the "high levels", which apparently has been moved up to like 150 or something.

I've received 1 final event prize. For this event I'm 0 for my first 6 or 7 attempts. That's never happened to me before. After 7 attempts I've always had at least 2 or 3 event items. At this point I really don't care. Nothing about this game excites me anymore. Not necessarily complaining, but since I've spent months playing this game and I believe I've spent $260 in real money, I'm finding hard to just quit cold turkey, but frankly I don't want to play anymore. Does anybody want to convince me to stick it out? Why should I keep playing after I complete Thug Life 300?

2Legit
05-22-2012, 10:20 AM
Because WE Love YOU!

Max Power
05-22-2012, 10:24 AM
Boredom..?

BOS
05-22-2012, 10:26 AM
You haven't robbed me yet :D

Steve0
05-22-2012, 10:26 AM
I am running across more cheaters everyday and the events that are repeats from prior ones making it not mutch fun. Eventualy every ones going to quit. Its just how long do you want to play. If you take a brake from the game you might find something else thats better than stairing at a screen.

Dorian Gray
05-22-2012, 10:31 AM
Sounds like you're just burnt out from putting a lot of time into the game. I would say step back for a bit and you'll want to come back to it after a while.

Whoopdido1980
05-22-2012, 10:33 AM
I am running across more cheaters everyday and the events that are repeats from prior ones making it not mutch fun. Eventualy every ones going to quit. Its just how long do you want to play. If you take a brake from the game you might find something else thats better than stairing at a screen.

That's my problem. Basically every second that I'm at home I have my stupid iPad next to me. I'm not so addicted that I don't go out and live my life, so at least I have that going for me, but when I'm at home with nothing to do, I just feel like a slave to this stupid game. I want to quit, but feel I've invested way too much time and effort into it.

I suppose I could just take a week off and see what happens.

Steve0
05-22-2012, 10:34 AM
Do it and let the rest of us know what life out side of CC is like.

ogel45
05-22-2012, 10:46 AM
My feelings exactly. This game is like crack. There really is no point to it. There really is no end. Yet I play it all the time. The only goal I have left is getting to level 200. (At 179 right now) At least I haven’t succumbed to spending real money on it. I’m going out of range of wi-fi and cell phones this weekend. It will be interesting to see if I go through withdrawal.

erik
05-22-2012, 10:50 AM
I think you should take that week off man, and if you are happy about it at the en of the week... delete your hood and kill temptation.

Whoopdido1980
05-22-2012, 10:51 AM
Ha ha. So, since nobody has given me a good reason to keep going, I think I'm going to quit cold turkey as soon as I finish Thug Life 300 and come back a week later. Assuming TL 299 is 131 fights and 300 is 132 fights, I have 388 more fights to go. That'll probably take me like 3 days. So, basically in 3 days or so I'm going to quit cold turkey and see what happens.

I don't do a good job collecting my buildings anyway, but I'm currently level 143 and my name is Norm. At least 2 other players stake out my hood and rob me often since I don't collect dilligently, so you'll have to be quick if you want any of my stuff.

Dravak
05-22-2012, 10:53 AM
The only reason for me left is the forum , after I am done with Thug Life .
And kicking meself off the forum was quite easy , till Chiefer bleh.....

But anyway the real reason to keep playing is the community .
If it wasn't for the forum community , there isn't much left other then HL drama .

Whoopdido1980
05-22-2012, 10:54 AM
I think you should take that week off man, and if you are happy about it at the en of the week... delete your hood and kill temptation.

Do you have to do something special to actually delete your hood? If I truly end up quitting, I was just planning on selling all of my buildings and just keeping all that money on hand so people can attack me at will, so at least the money won't go to waste.

Like if I sell everything and keep millions of dollars on hand for people to take, will I still be visible to people if I delete the app, or if I delete the app do I just disappear forever. I'd rather leave the game for a while so people can take advantage of me before I delete it completely.

2Legit
05-22-2012, 10:55 AM
If ur quitting soon...why don't u level up faster so I can see u on my list :D

Mr BigBenga
05-22-2012, 10:56 AM
Funzio said that will be released new contents on the game (rare enemies and scratchers), i think you shoulda wait to take a look.

Dravak
05-22-2012, 10:59 AM

Cause you wouldn't be able to beat me :p so why bother have 190 defense :p

Whoopdido1980
05-22-2012, 11:04 AM

I've actually played the entire game attempting to level up as quickly as possible. Never thought about camping.

Whoopdido1980
05-22-2012, 11:06 AM
Funzio said that will be released new contents on the game (rare enemies and scratchers), i think you shoulda wait to take a look.

I've seen the scratchers already due to my beta tester status. Those definitely aren't enough to keep me around.

I've been wondering about the rare enemies for the last month, but no sign of those in the near future.

erik
05-22-2012, 11:38 AM
Yes, I just meant sell everything. I know I would never come back if my hood was gone.

TRAZ
05-22-2012, 11:54 AM
Just move on. Sell all your buildings, keep the cash on hand and go hit higher ranked players on the news feed and lose it to them. Post a pass it along message or something on their wall. Then, hit the delete game button and try something else. Have fun!

Robin Hood
05-22-2012, 12:40 PM
Crime City is like a bad long-term relationship. It keeps getting worse, but you stick it out because you don't want all the time and effort to have been for nothing.

Illuminati
05-22-2012, 12:48 PM
@whoopdido1980 - I'm actually in the EXACT same boat as you. I'm also level 143 and have been playing this game for months. When the first "special event" came around, I thought cool, what a nice end-event weapon (even though I didn't get it). Then week after week, another "special" event came around. The competitor in me made me want to try to get these end-event items, knowing that without them, I would be at a severe disadvantage against those with them. After 6-7 "special events" in a row, I came to a realization, what the hell is the point??

There is absolutely no SKILL involved in playing this game. I find it funny when people call fighting another player "PVP" when it's all about pressing a button on your screen and letting the random number generator determine the outcome. Does it make sense that someone with thousands less in attack points can rob/beat you? Of course not. What's the point in having defense buildings upgradeable to level 10 when you only benefit from a fraction of that?

It's clear that the only reason Funzio releases these "special" events every week is to make money from gold sales. There isn't any worthwhile new ontent and even if there was, what's the point? Considering the rampant glitches, hacks, exploits, etc., anything you "achieve" in this game is meaningless. While I may only be level 143, I question what there is to do when a player gets to level 200? Keep attacking/robbing other players?

I'm actually kicking myself for letting myself get so involved in this game. It's because of the time I've invested which makes it difficult for me to just quit cold turkey.

mnju_03
05-22-2012, 12:51 PM
Crime City is like a bad long-term relationship. It keeps getting worse, but you stick it out because you don't want all the time and effort to have been for nothing.

Seriously cool avatar.. That game was probably better. lol
Awesome response too, but my 2 cents are simple... who cares, just a game. Don't put money into it, don't have expectations... Enjoy everything you can and ignore the rest...such is life, right? kthxbye

Whoopdido1980
05-22-2012, 12:51 PM
Well...just made a rash decision and went cold turkey. Sold everything and unloaded about 88,000 RP that I had saved up on 73 Exeleros.

Final stats:

Jobs Completed: 6,176
Fights Won: 25,146
Fights Lost: 1,360
Robberies Won: 2,876
Robberies Lost: 123

# of Mafia Members: 514
# of Weapons: 3,035
# of Armor: 1,348
Total Mafia Attack: 29,739
Total Mafia Defense: 28,908

I can't remember my exact income per hour because I started to sell stuff before I looked at the number, but I believe it was like $286K/hr

Current money on hand waiting to be taken: $94,678,322.

Come and get it. Norm level 143

It was fun for awhile, but it just became too much. Ultimately, Funzio just didn't give me enough new reasons to stick around. I mentioned it once before, but since I started playing, the only things that have been introduced have been a couple new buildings, crates and now 9 identical events. Scratchers will be coming soon, but I fear you'll be disappointed.

Enjoy it for as long as you can, but I'm happy I just beat the game.

Peace out.

Oh and by the way, a big thanks to all the posters here who put in so much time and effort to create speadsheets and learn so much about the game and your willingness to share your knowlege with other players. It was much appreciated and really made the game enjoyable in the past when we were still figuring things out.

mnju_03
05-22-2012, 12:54 PM
Peace out brah....

Dravak
05-22-2012, 01:01 PM
Peace out Norm , I think when I quit I will leave my buildings so others can rob it :P

Think least I can do for the community , instead of a empty space which was my secondary plan.
Original plan was to give it away my account , but then I decided why should I make somebody else addicted :P

Fricco
05-22-2012, 01:06 PM
Congrats, dear sir you have won the game.
Best of luck in your real life.

Luciferianism
05-22-2012, 01:07 PM
You should be really proud that you could walk away... The rest of us are addicted evermore.

Steve0
05-22-2012, 02:39 PM
Glad you won, Soon we all will follow 1 by 1

Ghost818
05-22-2012, 02:54 PM
Glad you won, Soon we all will follow 1 by 1

True dat yo.

Max Power
05-22-2012, 03:00 PM
Best of luck Norm!

Gaming Will
05-22-2012, 03:11 PM
Another one walks away...

Way to win the game!!!

nopenopenope
05-22-2012, 03:14 PM
Peace out Norm , I think when I quit I will leave my buildings so others can rob it :P

Think least I can do for the community , instead of a empty space which was my secondary plan.
Original plan was to give it away my account , but then I decided why should I make somebody else addicted :P

The reason you sell buildings upon quit is to let ppl PvP you for your money. If you leave your buildings for robbing, they can only be hit twice each and then will stay at 40% uncollected/unrobbable forever. You're not really helping anyone there.

DLSmooth
05-22-2012, 10:47 PM
Looks like the only way to actually win the game is to realize the futility in playing and walk away. I've only been playing for about 6 weeks so I'm fairly new, but that seems to be the consensus among a lot of the long time players. Play until the addiction completely consumes you then find a way to quit. Either that or continue to embrace it. Is that ultimately the name of the game?

<3 Hz
05-22-2012, 11:31 PM
I'm quitting.....................................

for about 2 weeks that is. I'm doing it to torture my stalker.