PDA

View Full Version : Sergeant rank not worth it--read before you try

thisisme
05-21-2012, 08:28 PM
So I spent a lot of time attacking rivals to gain battle points and make sergeant rank so I could get that cool soldier that is supposed to be unlocked. Finally made sergeant rank but guess what--it won't unlock! When I asked Funzio they said that it won't unlock until you make first rank for sergeant, which, of course, would take forever.

So for those of you who are patiently trying to get to sergeant rank so that you can finally get some good soldier'ing on--don't bother (but if you're spending money, go ahead...)

JohnnyR
05-21-2012, 08:30 PM
Already there, so are many others...this is not unattainable. Now try going after Spec Ops, lol-THAT might be a problem.

Agent Orange
05-21-2012, 08:36 PM
Think this was posted a while ago in the forums, you don't unlock the unit until you level up to the next rank. Seems rather confusing but that is how it works. That soldier Btw is ok but dies moderately easily so not sure it is really worth it but the next one seems to be a lot better.

What?
05-21-2012, 08:40 PM
I'm 1st rank of captain and that helicopter isn't unlocked. Even though the unit with a lock on it says it will unlock at captain (which I am) it seems you really unlock it when you first complete captain and start the next rank. A little deceiving if you ask me.

JohnnyR
05-21-2012, 08:48 PM
If I have it clear, first you finish the rank-then you get the unit. Seems to make sense to me, a reward is given upon completion, or achievement. They should spell it out, it seems a lot of us assumed otherwise, which is natural.

War Priest
05-21-2012, 09:13 PM
You have to pass it to reach Special Ops. So why stop just because you don't want to be Sergeant?

azy
05-21-2012, 09:26 PM
@thisisme - ugh, really?

Lt. Falcon
05-21-2012, 09:27 PM
Sergeant was easily attainable if you are a daily player. Currently sitting at Lt. Apprentice. Having unlocked the hardened marine is a great plus to my forces. And I definitely am not stopping there!!

Bronco928
05-21-2012, 10:08 PM
I just made Major - rookie status - I like the whirlie bird you get, it's nice to have another high powered air unit to compliment the Super Hornets.

JohnnyR
05-21-2012, 10:16 PM
I just made Major - rookie status - I like the whirlie bird you get, it's nice to have another high powered air unit to compliment the Super Hornets.

Agreed, but I hate the fact that it is a defensive unit with barely lopsided stats. One can have a pure air attack/defense using Stealth Bombers and Elite Ops helo now though, which is pretty cool.