PDA

View Full Version : Defense Buildings Question

PieGuy18
05-21-2012, 07:32 PM
I know defense buildings help protect other buildings in your base but I was wondering... if you attack a rival while you're at their base (their character walking around) if their character is within the radius of a defense building does it help their defense?

War Priest
05-21-2012, 07:36 PM
I believe when you raid or attack an avatar, the defense building points contribute, but when you attack on the rivals screen, they don't. -My thoughts

War Priest
05-21-2012, 07:41 PM
There isn't a 100% proven theory on this.

Warfiend
05-21-2012, 07:48 PM
I believe that defense buildings help in attacks in general, with the radius only applying during raids. I believe this because a defense buildings defense points are added to your general defense stats and if it works this way, it would be the simplest explanation for why it is easier to raid than attack(as is commonly claimed anyway).

But this is my assumption, we don't have any authoratitve answer from funzio.

War Priest
05-21-2012, 07:51 PM
I feel it doesn't work in general attacks because I never have casualties, but when I attack their avatar, I lose a super hornet or something. Same with raiding.

PieGuy18
05-21-2012, 09:17 PM
I feel it doesn't work in general attacks because I never have casualties, but when I attack their avatar, I lose a super hornet or something. Same with raiding.

yea, this is exactly what happens to me. I couldn't figure out why I lost so many units while attacking their base compared to attacking on the rival screen. that's what made me think it had something to do with defense buildings .

Dreno33
05-21-2012, 09:22 PM
Defense buildings DO help in attacks in CC (hardly though, lol)

But in MW???? Never thought they did b/c in MW, the radius is its only area of effectiveness. The fact that the avatar walking around idt makes any difference, just a cool little feature Funzio through in (like decorations)

:marine:
05-21-2012, 11:05 PM
I THINK def building add a score to your def for that area the def building is protecting. That's why if you can attack someone but can't raid raid a nearby deffence building.

Don't know if thats 100% true.