PDA

View Full Version : story of a stealth bomber

commandNconquer
05-21-2012, 02:29 PM
here is a funny story i would like to know if it already happen to someone else

finally after 96 hour my advanced airbase is L8, all excited i quickly buy 1 stealth bomber as i needed the rest of the cash to upgrade a money building.

with that stealth bomber i no longer bring one of my aircraft to battle so i tell myself great my 5.4m aircraft is no longer at risk! then me and my 17 buddies go on a run in the rival list and we find some juicy target with what i feel could be some unvaulted cash... everything is going on by the plan i hit him and BAM surprise i loose a unit, not stressed at all i checked which one it is it is my brand new stealth bomber ... SMH, on 50 or so super hornet it had to be my stealth bomber lol

anyone else already just bought a high cash unit and lost it minutes after lol?

Lt. Falcon
05-21-2012, 02:35 PM
Not a $5 mil stealth bomber, but I've lost several $1 mil rocket trucks shortly after purchase and $1.2 mil viper planes... Funny thing, I'm Russia and haven't lost any of the $2 mil ballistic missile subs.

Tctiger
05-21-2012, 02:36 PM
Got the 750k stealth boat and lost 3 attacks later , just got air craft carrier for 5.4m so now I'm scared!

Tctiger
05-21-2012, 02:37 PM
Good as got ballistic few days ago I'm uk though.

commandNconquer
05-21-2012, 02:52 PM
i don't know why but to me ships are nearly indestructible i don't remember ever loosing one except of course the mini subs when i used them for meat shields!

Arizona
05-21-2012, 03:06 PM
i don't know why but to me ships are nearly indestructible i don't remember ever loosing one except of course the mini subs when i used them for meat shields!

I'm Russia, I've lost about 5 ballistic missile subs in the last week. Lose SH, SF.Rapid Fire Attack Vehicles drop like flies. Vipers, I lost count how many die on me.
I have to qualify these high $ losses by saying I'm lowish ally count, so that's one of the downsides of having fewer allies. You take better units to battle. Meat shields for me are probably Rapid Fire Attack Vehicles, but I'm looking for something else.
Bad news on the stealth bomber CnC.
I'm starting to buy Aircraft carriers. Hope they don't drop so easily.

bigflan
05-21-2012, 03:12 PM
I've just recently bought some osprey VTOL I'm Lv 40 good unit 5 fights have not lost a osprey,sh and harrier jet

Capt Alan
05-21-2012, 03:40 PM
Welli bought ONE GIGN(because the others died off) and the next battle it died

JackRakan93
05-21-2012, 04:03 PM
I lost a 5.4mil aircraft carrier in exactly 8 battles. Since then, I've bought 4 more and none lost although they're all brought to battle.

Q Raider
05-21-2012, 04:23 PM
Noticed a while ago that there seems to be a tendency to lose one of a last purchase item within a few attacks or raids afterwards.

So whenever I buy an expensive unit (Valor or Cash) I always supplement with a couple of known shield items (Warthog, Flamethrower).

Only had one instance of losing an expensive unit right after an A/D upgrade and that was a Stealth Cruiser. Had them for well over a thousand Attack/Raids and not lost a single one to that point so figure that event was probably due.

Luke7676
05-21-2012, 04:42 PM
Doesn't the stealth bomber only cost 3.6mil?

What?
05-21-2012, 05:46 PM
Doesn't the stealth bomber only cost 3.6mil?

I was just going to say that. The stealth bomber is 3.6 million and the aircraft carrier is the 5.4 million. Currently I'm upgrading my advanced airbase to lvl 8. I plan on starting to purchase them once complete. I should have close to one hundred aircraft carriers by the time it is done and my plan is to upgrade buildings that are under 10 million while purchasing both these units. Once I reach 10 mil cash on hand depending on how much time I have till the next upgrade I will purchase either unit. If the building has more than 24 hours left I will purchase the ships and less than 24 hours I will go for the aircraft.

JohnnyR
05-21-2012, 07:22 PM
Noticed a while ago that there seems to be a tendency to lose one of a last purchase item within a few attacks or raids afterwards.

So whenever I buy an expensive unit (Valor or Cash) I always supplement with a couple of known shield items (Warthog, Flamethrower).

Only had one instance of losing an expensive unit right after an A/D upgrade and that was a Stealth Cruiser. Had them for well over a thousand Attack/Raids and not lost a single one to that point so figure that event was probably due.

What flag are you Q?

Agent Orange
05-21-2012, 07:53 PM
Well there are two things probably going wrong here. The Stealth Bomber is only a medium casualty rating for starters and most players that aren't too powerful are targeting incoming air attacks with Drones and AA trucks so Hornets and other aircraft will get nailed on the way in.....

Mikohoang
05-21-2012, 09:50 PM
I'm having 400 Stealth Bomber and casualty rate is quite fine. Normally I lost 1 unit per 50 matches. I'm building mainly Stealth Bomber for attacking and Aircraft Carrier for defending.

commandNconquer
05-21-2012, 09:52 PM
you really at 400 stealth bomber if so nice :o and @AO so you think i should stop buying them? i was planning to buy 2-3 stealth bomber tomorrow and test them out again

Luke7676
05-21-2012, 10:00 PM
Hey if you do test them out tomorrow let us know how it works out. Because that's going to be my next big upgrade. Adv. air is only at 3 though, but it would be good to know. So far the 90 or so b-52 I have are doing great. Hope the stealth bomber will be about the same.

commandNconquer
05-21-2012, 10:06 PM
i will keep you updated for sure ! i hope it doesn't cost too much to update you tough .. if i loose them to much i will warn you because it took me serious time with the -30% time reduction to achieve it i wouldn't want anyone else to waste that much time if they fall down like leaves

:marine:
05-21-2012, 10:52 PM
Gigns die easy I loose 1 of those every attack.

Ascent
05-22-2012, 05:18 AM
I wonder if the game is sophisticated enough to work something like this: if I have a high A/D unit, and the enemy has nothing comparable to its strength, then tht unit cannot be killed by that enemy. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Bronson
05-22-2012, 05:43 AM
The ballistic and nuclear subs both have terrible consumption rates so stay clear of them. I am currently buying destroyers and haven't lost one in over 300 attacks.

FYI the best consumption rate units in order are -

Railgun
Aircraft Carrier
Battleship
Destroyer

commandNconquer
05-22-2012, 09:41 AM
i bought two more to take notes of my results :

L84 unit brought to battle : 72 army composition : 15 indestructible 55 super hornet and the famous 2 stealth bomber for a total of 3771 attack score

attacks are all done on rival with lower stats (from 1000-3000 def)

total attack made 80
total raid made 15
cash made : 1,5m
unit lost ; 0

anyone knows what this means : you need 305,79 power through items and alliances for the next rank

Tanner
05-29-2012, 06:57 AM
I believe it's their hint to ally up.

Mad
05-29-2012, 08:49 AM
I have a question about losing units in pvp battles.

I am UK.

I have a composite factory and Naval Research Centre (NRC). Composite upgrades my overall defense of all my units and NRC only the ships.

So let's say I continue to upgrade the NRC without adding any buildings that strengthen air, land or infantry, would my ships be less prone to loss during an attack due to the NRC -- because they have upgraded defensive and attack abilities compared to my air and land units?

Luke7676
05-29-2012, 10:37 AM
@Mad. The casualty rates will stay the same. The only boost building that affects loses or casualties is the infirmary.