PDA

View Full Version : Rivals List Glitch or Gift?

Jp lfs
05-21-2012, 11:53 AM
Thanks to everyone who responded.

War Priest
05-21-2012, 11:56 AM
Where do you get the 100-109 rivals only?

Aidan
05-21-2012, 12:30 PM
Jp, have you been attacked today? Try to get TC,sugar or johnny to remove you and search you. If they cant, tgen you may indeed have 10 levels of cloaking.

Ps: thanks for both tips. I'm really tempted to reduce my ally count now. Did he attacked you back?

JohnnyR
05-21-2012, 01:03 PM
My rival is doing funny things as well. I didn't notice it till way after reaching 100. I'm not being attacked at all now, feels kinda like Purgatory, heh, cos I surely can pick them off for valor. I can see 20 or 30 levels up and anywhere between 1-360 allies. Crazy but fun.

Copenhagen
05-21-2012, 06:15 PM
@JP - Nice opportunity to "lurk" and pounce. New name for you is JPFizzle.

Thunder Child
05-21-2012, 06:59 PM
I suspect you might be in a bit of a sweet spot. I'm at L106 and not getting any attacks at all, NOTHING, but I'm also not attacking - my own strategy means I do PVP relentlessly during events but nothing at all outside of those 6 days. But my rivals list goes all the way to L200, and I am aware that from only a few levels above me that people (Micky for example) are on the radar of the really big fish. So, while I'm at a sweetish spot, I think yours might be even sweeter and possibly the last point at which you can save a heap outside your vault.

JohnnyR
05-21-2012, 07:04 PM
JP, sorry for the delay. I cannot see anyone in my level, at 105 right now and can see from 108 to 151, not to lvl 200 yet. Can see a grouping of high 120s-low 130s, the 151 level guy was an anomoly.

Sugarymama
05-21-2012, 07:05 PM
Haha! Except that I actually try my best to answer questions when people ask them!

Hey Jp. So sorry for the delay in my response. Crazy busy today. Yes to your questions above. The rivals list after L100 is bananas. I am seeing players at L110 - L200. I'm not even seeing anyone at my level, and haven't for days. I think JMC told me that the higher levels can't see me, but once I attack I'll be on their news feed and they can retaliate. However, nobody has yet. And I've been doing a lot of attacking.

A lot of players that I can actually beat in an attack are "too weak for battle", which gets frustrating but I guess that's how the game is now. But there are a lot of players at high levels who are much weaker than me, so I think I've positioned myself well so far.

I'm wondering if I reduce my ally count to under 500 (currently at 569) would I go back to seeing rivals at my level, or it wouldn't matter at this point.

JohnnyR
05-21-2012, 07:07 PM
This is interesting if we've found that sweet spot. Gonna test the theory. Only problem is I've probably got a list of guys waiting for me to forget to collect or leave money unvaulted, kinda like you jp, lol. Mehbe I should scale back on raiding some of them big dogs. Figured I could take my lumps when they come around, as I never leave unvaulted money out, shoot...

JohnnyR
05-21-2012, 07:09 PM
I'm wondering if I reduce my ally count to under 500 (currently at 569) would I go back to seeing rivals at my level, or it wouldn't matter at this point.

I have 200 allies, the lowest I can see at my level (105) is 108. My normal range in rivals is between 110-120s.

Jp lfs
05-21-2012, 07:12 PM
Thanks so much for the feedback.

Sincerely, thank you all. Y'all are the best!!

JohnnyR
05-21-2012, 07:18 PM
I'm taking this opportunity to fulfill as many valor goals as possible while I can. My economy is stalled and my a/d stats are slipping again, but I am banking every valor point (except for the top off of SH when I lose one). What I love most is the win 44 (45, 48, etc...) times in a row mission (forget name)-I just refresh my ally list till I get a sheet of 30-50 allied saps to go down the sheet one by one with the attack button. First time I got to do this without even looking, lol, it is a blast.

Thunder Child
05-21-2012, 07:59 PM
Thanks so much for the feedback. It was exactly what I was hoping to hear. I will probably do some active PvE'ing to complete maps for the skill points and level up slowly, while going crazy with high dollar upgrades. I may PvP some, but only if the targets are ridiculously safe to hit. Any other suggestions are very welcome!

Sincerely, thank you all. I will leave it open for a little longer, in case anyone else wants to jump in, then delete this thread in about an hour, because I don't want this situation "fixed." But please PM me after that if you want to discuss it further. Y'all are the best!!

From L101 to 106 I did heaps of PvP but to avoid getting on the wrong side of anyone I did two things. First, in all cases have a look at the rival's wall to check they are not part of any major alliance. Second, while I was looking for soft targets, I established a pecking order and worked through suitable victims in that order, again to make sure of as little comeback as possible - hit Iran and US flags first, followed by China and Germany, and only as a last resort UK and Russia (in that order)... as a result, I have not had a single attack or raid on my base for 8 days despite being in so-called whale territory.

Agent Orange
05-21-2012, 07:59 PM
Think I'm only seeing down to around L103 or L104 but it will also depend on how many allies you have. I think the top tier begins with about 399 allies now.