PDA

View Full Version : Pirates - Huh??

Pages : [1] 2

War player
05-21-2012, 07:47 AM
Just got a post on my board saying I was going to be attacked by pirates if I didn't get 500 allies. Read his board, and it appears he's sent that message to at least 150 other players.

At first, I thought this was another one of those "spam" posts. However, I looked at this guy's profile and he has an attack over 300,000. He must have spent tens of thousands of dollars to build that one up. I think his entire army is made of gold units. This may be why they have changed the game recently to include a wider range for rivals. I imagine they do what these huge gold spenders want.

There also seems to be others that make up these "pirates", who gang up on some poor sap and bring him/her way down.

If this is where the game is heading, I'm done. I'm a free player and will never be able to compete with that, so if these "pirates" are going to start bullying folks, the fun is gone from this game.

I've been playing this game for a pretty long time, and this is the first I've heard of these "pirates". Anyone here dealt with these guys before?

Poopenshire
05-21-2012, 07:57 AM
Uh oh, I am surprised it took this long for word Bullying to make it into the forums, will probably be locked down in no time.

War player
05-21-2012, 08:01 AM
Sorry, I don't post much on these boards, but is that a no-no?

College Station...I'm an Aggie myself!!

Aidan
05-21-2012, 08:03 AM
Wow. Just wow. That is just sad
Doubt funzio will do anything bout it tho. These guys are their biggest paying customers.
I'll probably quit too if they start to hassle me like that.

Why do they even need to complete the valor missions anyway? It's not like they need the valors?

Edit: can you add me war player? I want to see the post

War player
05-21-2012, 08:08 AM
Sure. I will do it here shortly.

mickymacirl
05-21-2012, 08:10 AM
pirates have been attacking me on and off since i hit 105.

very little i can do vs players with no cas glitch, when they attack they usually kill about 6 or 7 high valor units.

Poopenshire
05-21-2012, 08:13 AM
Sorry, I don't post much on these boards, but is that a no-no?

College Station...I'm an Aggie myself!!

Its not a no-no yet. but anything negative is within their rights to lock down and ban from being posted. Cyber Bullying is so high profile now a days that its almost certain to have a negative stigma attached. In this case this cannot be called bullying, its only a game.

Still in CS or did you move on?

Maverick50727
05-21-2012, 08:24 AM
Wow. Just wow. That is sad
Doubt funzio will do anything bout it tho. These guys are their biggest paying customers.
I'll probably quit too if they start to hassle me like that.

Why do they even need to complete the valor missions anyway? It's not like they need the valors?

Edit: can you add me war player? I want to see the post
@War Player - You can read more on them here http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?29692-Team-Pirate
They are not bullies or bad guys I think, but I don't know why they are worried about the targets.

@Aidan - Yes I've got some warnings too about returning to over 500. Funny thing is I haven't been over 500 allies since early March. I think even though some of their highest ranks are 100% gold with units better than the best spec ops valor rank unit, so why they want valor is probably just for those with lesser stats in their team. I still need to reach out to some of them to better understand their reasons. I don't want to have to switch my game unless there is a good reason. I'm below 500 for many reasons and it is not to hide and collect valor. The majority of my attacks are against people with less than 500 allies anyway so I'm doing them a favor to push people along I think, so I hope they don't start the attacks on me as they would be shooting themselves more in the foot.

For the record I have 280K+ in valor saved. I also run a lower ally count because:
-Lets me control which units I bring to battle better resulting in lower losses
-Lets me find better targets
-I get hit less so it allowed me to save more crates in events (but I didn't get a chance to use the 140+ I had evern leaving my app open)
-Lets me control the 45 unit diplay list and see all units I take to battle

Hello Kitty
05-21-2012, 08:30 AM
Its not a no-no yet. but anything negative is within their rights to lock down and ban from being posted. Cyber Bullying is so high profile now a days that its almost certain to have a negative stigma attached. In this case this cannot be called bullying, its only a game.

Still in CS or did you move on?Just out of curiosity, what does Funzio call a systematic, organized attack on a single player?

If it can be done in the game (with evidence from screenshots), then why not be allowed to talk about it or even further organize such an attack on any other player publicly?

I'm definitely not a proponent of this type of game play, but the rules seem vague to non-existent.

JohnnyR
05-21-2012, 08:47 AM
I wonder if these Pirates were also CC players. The 499 club was majorly annoying to anyone trying to fulfil a respect goal, causing the formation of "Rat Catchers." Originally I thought this idea was great when applied to MW, but not so much anymore. Casualties in MW make alliance number an important strategy tool, in CC there is only one expendable category making 499ers cowards. At least one Pirate posts here, I hope he reads and responds.

RedLabit
05-21-2012, 08:53 AM
Those threats are really weak... If that's how it is going to end for the free players in the whale zone, we can simply pick ourselves up and leave for another free game. When the free buffet ends, the only meal left for these goldies is to cannibalize one another.

Sometimes I wonder why these players made themselves so powerful until the game becomes a walk in the park and no longer present any challenges. Any game that has no challenges for the players will be boring. What is the fun in playing such a boring game?

Poopenshire
05-21-2012, 09:02 AM
Just out of curiosity, what does Funzio call a systematic, organized attack on a single player?

If it can be done in the game (with evidence from screenshots), then why not be allowed to talk about it or even further organize such an attack on any other player publicly?

I'm definitely not a proponent of this type of game play, but the rules seem vague to non-existent.

Not sure what they call it, but just warning that they have not clearly spelled out a policy on this subject.

Ascent
05-21-2012, 09:16 AM
I don't get it... what do you mean by bullying?

I have 20 stamina so when I pick a target I can bring him or her down to "player too weak to battle" by myself. After that (s)he is protected by the game itself. (BTW how long does this protection last and how does it work??)

With this battle points stuff is going on, everybody is attacking like crazy, so I am pretty sure that weak players will get hammered whether by pirates or not... constantly. I know I am milking a lot of the same guys for valor daily, just because they come up on the rivals list and match my mission as well as A/D criteria.

That is why having a strong economy counts, so you can replace the losses faster than they occur and that is why dropping allies is a goot tactic...

When I reached level 105 or so with 850 allies I got on the radar and was losing 30+ ambulances every 6-8 hours nonstop. That's when I dropped down to 444 allies and the attacks stopped.

Arj
05-21-2012, 09:26 AM
Although these ''pirates'' are probably funzios top paying customors......there a small % of them

Funzio needs their gold buying players, but also needs the 90% of us who buy small amounts or non at all to be successful.

I think its up to them to have a stable balance that allows all to enjoy the game, and that probably includes players that arent very good at the game to.

Most games seperate players of different skill levels, and even though i dont want to see that, something probably needs to be added to create a environment where all can enjoy the modern war experience.

Aidan
05-21-2012, 09:51 AM

I have 20 stamina so when I pick a target I can bring him or her down to "player too weak to battle" by myself. After that (s)he is protected by the game itself. (BTW how long does this protection last and how does it work??).

Problem is they are forcing players to increase to 500 allies so that they can complete the valor missions. If you dont comply, they'll smash you to oblivion. (according to OP, i have yet to verify this)
- which is wrong IMO. As long as i dont break the rules, how i want to play, how many allies i want to have is MY prerogative. Others have no rights to force me to do anything that i dont want to.

The cooling period is 2 hours.

Poopenshire
05-21-2012, 09:52 AM

I have 20 stamina so when I pick a target I can bring him or her down to "player too weak to battle" by myself. After that (s)he is protected by the game itself. (BTW how long does this protection last and how does it work??)

With this battle points stuff is going on, everybody is attacking like crazy, so I am pretty sure that weak players will get hammered whether by pirates or not... constantly. I know I am milking a lot of the same guys for valor daily, just because they come up on the rivals list and match my mission as well as A/D criteria.

That is why having a strong economy counts, so you can replace the losses faster than they occur and that is why dropping allies is a goot tactic...

When I reached level 105 or so with 850 allies I got on the radar and was losing 30+ ambulances every 6-8 hours nonstop. That's when I dropped down to 444 allies and the attacks stopped.

We are not calling bullying, just pointing out to not use the term as it could be miscontrued. In which case a legitimate dicussion could be shut down due to a forum violation. I prefer not to use the term Bullying. i think it has a stigma with it now.

mickymacirl
05-21-2012, 09:55 AM
Those threats are really weak... If that's how it is going to end for the free players in the whale zone, we can simply pick ourselves up and leave for another free game. When the free buffet ends, the only meal left for these goldies is to cannibalize one another.

Sometimes I wonder why these players made themselves so powerful until the game becomes a walk in the park and no longer present any challenges. Any game that has no challenges for the players will be boring. What is the fun in playing such a boring game?

I beg to differ, having 3 players hit you that have over 300k att without counting boosts isnt a big deal?

Arj
05-21-2012, 09:58 AM
Has anyone actaully been attacked by one of these guys yet?

Fong123
05-21-2012, 10:05 AM

It means the 'Pirates' will keep attacking you nonstop until you go from 444 to 500+ allies!!! What Funzio should do is, like KA, to reduce the attack & rob limit to 5... and the minority players (i.e. Pirates) can no longer do this effectively.

Fong123
05-21-2012, 10:06 AM
Has anyone actaully been attacked by one of these guys yet?

Yes, I have... 3 times in the last 12 hours.

Fong123
05-21-2012, 10:09 AM
I beg to differ, having 3 players hit you that have over 300k att without counting boosts isnt a big deal?

Shall I submit your name to the Pirates?

mickymacirl
05-21-2012, 10:09 AM
Yes, I have... 3 times in the last 12 hours.

yep usually during the night, walking up to losing over 1k worth of valor units isnt fun :>

mickymacirl
05-21-2012, 10:11 AM
Shall I submit your name to the Pirates?

what does that mean?

Fong123
05-21-2012, 10:15 AM
what does that mean?

so that you can see the effect of having 3 players hit you that have over 300k att...

mickymacirl
05-21-2012, 10:17 AM
so that you can see the effect of having 3 players hit you that have over 300k att...

im already seeing it, look up general insane, bouiti (spelling) and stephen

Fong123
05-21-2012, 10:17 AM
what does that mean?

so that you can see the effect of having 3 players hit you that have over 300k att and robbing nearly all of your buildings...

War Priest
05-21-2012, 10:19 AM
For a bunch of badasses you would think they would have a better name than Pirates... :rolleyes:

mickymacirl
05-21-2012, 10:21 AM

Who have the no unit loss glitch... in fact I'm starting to believe this isn't a glitch at all and that its engineered and payed for. I've seen people name themselfs on offline mw fourms the glitch finder or glitch maker, artist etc etc

I've been told by someone who shall be nameless, that you can pay to have your buildings cloaked for 100 dollars a buillding for instance....

Buggs1a
05-21-2012, 10:21 AM
It's called bullying. You give me your lunch or I'll get a friend to beat you up. Same thing here and it needs to be reported.

War Priest
05-21-2012, 10:24 AM
It's called bullying. You give me your lunch or I'll get a friend to beat you up. Same thing here and it needs to be reported.

What would be the lunch then...?

mickymacirl
05-21-2012, 10:28 AM

valor missions heh

War Priest
05-21-2012, 10:31 AM
valor missions heh

You can't just hand over valor so they would be you up for it. So basically it is "I am going to beat you up for your lunch".

mickymacirl
05-21-2012, 10:33 AM
valor missions = valor (for completing those missions)

War Priest
05-21-2012, 10:34 AM
valor missions = valor (for completing those missions)

I know. What are you talking about..?

Arj
05-21-2012, 10:35 AM
its not really ''give me your lunch or ill beat you up'', its more of ''do what i say or ill beat you up''

War Priest
05-21-2012, 10:43 AM
its not really ''give me your lunch or ill beat you up'', its more of ''do what i say or ill beat you up''

I was referring to buggsta's comment. So it involve the lunch since that is what he was talking about.

War player
05-21-2012, 10:44 AM

Still in CS or did you move on?

I moved on, but I do come back for football games.

War Priest
05-21-2012, 10:47 AM
Anyways, you guys act like it's real life and they are coming to kill you. Close the app and it will be like the scary dream went all away...

(At least until you open it again.)

Arj
05-21-2012, 10:48 AM
I was referring to buggsta's comment. So it involve the lunch since that is what he was talking about.

so was I :) but I think they are both still considered bullying haha

War Priest
05-21-2012, 10:48 AM
so was I :) but I think they are both still considered bullying haha

Read above post. Haha

Arj
05-21-2012, 10:50 AM
Yeah i agree WP, worst thing that can happen is you find another game to spend you non productive time haha

But all of us that like playing modernwar probably dont want to see poeple quitting.

Maverick50727
05-21-2012, 10:51 AM
I think you mean baihui.

Now I have to ask, do you have the low loss glitch? You are still a little too high for me right now to beat on to test myself, but I can see you. If you have the glitch it is reported that you never lose a unit when attacked and that can be seen in your news feeds, you may lose crates, but not units in incoming attacks. On outgoing attacks you may lose 1 units in 10-500 attacks depending on luck, units types and ally count.

I think the point Fong123 was trying to make is that it is not just individual periodic attacks which we all get, but a targeted one where all team members (at least 20-30 rivals) attack repeatedly, using all stamina, then repeating. I've seen people lose 30k off their stats in a few days in these types of attacks but they normally asked for it due to language and wall posts.

mickymacirl
05-21-2012, 10:59 AM
I think you mean baihui.

Now I have to ask, do you have the low loss glitch? You are still a little too high for me right now to beat on to test myself, but I can see you. If you have the glitch it is reported that you never lose a unit when attacked and that can be seen in your news feeds, you may lose crates, but not units in incoming attacks. On outgoing attacks you may lose 1 units in 10-500 attacks depending on luck, units types and ally count.

I think the point Fong123 was trying to make is that it is not just individual periodic attacks which we all get, but a targeted one where all team members (at least 20-30 rivals) attack repeatedly, using all stamina, then repeating. I've seen people lose 30k off their stats in a few days in these types of attacks but they normally asked for it due to language and wall posts.

I loose units when I'm attacked all the time, and crates of course, last big one was: 3 hours ago, lost 12 Medics, 3 Mil Ambulances, 2 M270 and a ghost hound. Before that 9 hours ago, like 7 Medics and 1 Mil Ambulance

War player
05-21-2012, 11:00 AM
Since I introduced the term bullying in this thread, i want to clarify a bit. There is no doubt that telling someone to get to 500 allies is bullying someone IN THIS GAME. Not in real life, such as what is called cyber bullying, but in this game.

The game is paid for by these huge gold spenders. If they get off by spending tons of money so they can push people around IN THIS GAME, then the people taking their money should build the game for these people.

Nobody is going to be humiliated, or commit suicide as a result of being bullied IN THIS GAME. Bullying in this game is different from cyber bulling someone.

I just thought it odd that there is a group that call themselves pirates on this game and get off on ganging up on individuals if they don't do what they are told. It must be a power trip or something. I also wanted to know if there were posters that have been targeted by these guys.

Aidan
05-21-2012, 12:01 PM
@Aidan - Yes I've got some warnings too about returning to over 500. Funny thing is I haven't been over 500 allies since early March.

For the record I have 280K+ in valor saved. I also run a lower ally count because:
-Lets me control the 45 unit diplay list and see all units I take to battle

Thanks for the clarification Mav. So, thy havent attack you yet for refusing to heed their "suggestion"?

Can you elaborate more on 2nd part? How do you control the 45 units?
I only buy certain units and my main army are SH,SF,warthog,VTOL, spectre gunship and flamethrower for attacking. However, because of the loot units and event units, my attacking army have more than 45 types of units. I find that it's almost impossible for me to control this. Can you please help explain how you managed to do it?

cheiz
05-21-2012, 12:12 PM
Hi Aidan, don't know how Mav does it, but if you make sure you have a high enough count (like a real big load) of a limited amount of unit types, they will fill less than 45 slots before you reach the maximum number of units you bring to battle.

Edit: of course those units should have high A/D. Problem I would have is that I have collected too many high value indestructrible unit - so they'd already fill a large part of the 45 slots. Suppose I'd need to buy 1000 SB...

Mad
05-21-2012, 12:38 PM
You can't just hand over valor so they would be you up for it. So basically it is "I am going to beat you up for your lunch".

Gee maybe Funzio should introduce an insurance policy where us Free players can use our valour to pay "bribes" er insurance so we won't be attacked by the gold players. We are going to lose the battle and valour anyway, but prepaying the valour would allow us to preserve our units.

Ultimately, it seems Funzio wants Free Players to be the cannon fodder or play toys of the gold players,because they are not providing us with any means to protect ourselves from high gold players.

But for the life of me I can't understand what enjoyment high gold players have in the game. To me winning and losing is what makes it fun. I just got attacked a while back and lost over a $1.5 million dollars. And was then repeatedly attacked by the same player. I had to strategize as how to avoid it again. I took advice from this forum, implemented it and I can see the tangible results. He attacked again a couple days ago with minimal results (in fact I won a few of the raids) and I suspect he even took a bit of a beating (lost units), because he hasn't been back again. And he was an almost daily visitor to my base.

It was fun and gratifying.

SeqWins
05-21-2012, 02:32 PM
Please refrain from calling these players bad asses, they are not!! I got a very different definition of a bad ass. Calling somebody a bad ass for being rich is not one of them.

Second I know you guys have all seen the messages on the walls and the threats but have you actually seen a gangbang? A wall spammed with Pirate members? Where I'm heading is any proof of these guys besides threats? My point is maybe is a name fabricated by some players and carried on others then adopted by those gold players to keep free players and easy targets on the edge and afraid...just saying maybe they are not as organized as we make them seem.

Everybody knows I'm a Marine but if I tell you I got 10 confirmed kills in combat would you believe me? Most probably would and think damn I wouldn't mess with him but do I have any proof? How can I prove it? <===this is just an example to back up my thesis I don't want anybody reporting me now or you know what do it if you feel the need. I don't care

Oh and another And one last thing Pirates wherever you are come get me I have no respect for any of you ANY! So please change my mind because I think you don't exist. And if you do exist then destroy my account lol I don't care either And congrats for being rich enjoy it and help people in need and do community service instead of trying to bully other scared players.

Punks

mickymacirl
05-21-2012, 02:38 PM
seen plenty of walls with their members all over it

War Priest
05-21-2012, 02:43 PM
Please refrain from calling these players bad asses, they are not!! I got a very different definition of a bad ass. Calling somebody a bad ass for being rich is not one of them.

That is the joke man! They aren't bad asses! Just because they own 2000+ powerful units doesn't make them tough.

Remember "pirates", this is the game world, not real life...

SeqWins
05-21-2012, 02:56 PM
seen plenty of walls with their members all over it

If you to Stricker's wall there's messages from Bronson, Aindan JP a d I and we claim to be the filthy 5! If you were the outside party and saw this players wall spammed by the Filthy 5 would you think we are well organized and a team?

How does that saying go? Perception is reality...

And WP I'm glad you mean it in a sarcastic way bro you had me scratching mY head here....

War Priest
05-21-2012, 03:00 PM
If you to Stricker's wall there's messages from Bronson, Aindan JP a d I and we claim to be the filthy 5! If you were the outside party and saw this players wall spammed by the Filthy 5 would you think we are well organized and a team?

How does that saying go? Perception is reality...

And WP I'm glad you mean it in a sarcastic way bro you had me scratching mY head here....

Haha

And you would be a well better organized team even if these "pirates" were real. Like I have been saying, running a game gang just through the comments wall would be difficult. On here would make it all most professional since you can actually have a list of targets and members, and have a way to plan the attacks.

Maverick50727
05-21-2012, 03:02 PM
Thanks for the clarification Mav. So, thy havent attack you yet for refusing to heed their "suggestion"?

Can you elaborate more on 2nd part? How do you control the 45 units?
I only buy certain units and my main army are SH,SF,warthog,VTOL, spectre gunship and flamethrower for attacking. However, because of the loot units and event units, my attacking army have more than 45 types of units. I find that it's almost impossible for me to control this. Can you please help explain how you managed to do it?
I have not been attacked yet, nor have I seen anyone attacked for this reason yet. Only had a friendly warning twice, the first I though was funny as the pirate member was 20K less in stats than me. Yeah I could take him easily, but it is the team or the coat tails that they guy was riding on that you have to worry about.

Shoot me a PM and I can discuss that offline if you wish. Harder to do after the fact or if you have tons of small 1 qty units that take up space. Yes it is almost impossilbe due to events. I even stated that in one of the threads recently that we all would be victim to this. I gain 2 new units I each even to use in my inventory. I reduced my alliies last to remove the 3 item reward units just so could see everything. I'm 17A/18D for lowest unit used in my battle groups. PM me and I'll shoot you my battle group makeup for each side. It may be easier for me since i stopped doing missions in general a few months ago and just recently started to do them again, so I wasn't getting loot execpt where I farmed it.

"battle group" = Maverick term for list of units taken into battle.

War Priest
05-21-2012, 03:17 PM
http://i47.tinypic.com/aagink.jpg

Buggs1a
05-21-2012, 03:35 PM

I was using a school bully as an example.

SeqWins
05-21-2012, 03:43 PM
Bwahahahahahahahh now that's a BADASS pic lol

What?
05-21-2012, 04:29 PM
The funny thing is if you did what they say and added allies to 500 you would get attacked more and by more people. Personally I would never try to dictate how someone should play the game, I only offer suggestions. There is a big difference. Making threats like this you lose the moral high ground and ultimately support. Calling people cowards because they have their own strategy should never be allowed in a game with all ages in it.

War Priest
05-21-2012, 04:33 PM
The funny thing is if you did what they say and added allies to 500 you would get attacked more and by more people. Personally I would never try to dictate how someone should play the game, I only offer suggestions. There is a big difference. Making threats like this you lose the moral high ground and ultimately support. Calling people cowards because they have their own strategy should never be allowed in a game with all ages in it.

Reply "What?" then they should reply. Then you can reply with anything you please then block them right after. Gives you the final word! ;)

Haha, is that your ingame name too because that would be funny.

Buggs1a
05-21-2012, 04:56 PM
How do you block player in the game cus I'll hit the x to delete a post and it gets deleted. A couple times though it asked if I want to block. I said no. I don't have a clue what was going on.

Jhoemel
05-21-2012, 05:06 PM
Just got a post on my board saying I was going to be attacked by pirates if I didn't get 500 allies. Read his board, and it appears he's sent that message to at least 150 other players.

At first, I thought this was another one of those "spam" posts. However, I looked at this guy's profile and he has an attack over 300,000. He must have spent tens of thousands of dollars to build that one up. I think his entire army is made of gold units. This may be why they have changed the game recently to include a wider range for rivals. I imagine they do what these huge gold spenders want.

There also seems to be others that make up these "pirates", who gang up on some poor sap and bring him/her way down.

If this is where the game is heading, I'm done. I'm a free player and will never be able to compete with that, so if these "pirates" are going to start bullying folks, the fun is gone from this game.

I've been playing this game for a pretty long time, and this is the first I've heard of these "pirates". Anyone here dealt with these guys before?

Just decrease your ally count to 250 and those guys wont see you anymore, problem solved

Copenhagen
05-21-2012, 06:18 PM
I just read this thread and the following quote kept coming to mind:

"but I don't wanna be a pitrate"' - Jerry Seinfeild

Spudboy
05-21-2012, 06:20 PM
I think that those who haven't personally experienced the bullying and intimidation tactics used by these guys are being way too flip about this. I received a follow up threat today from the same bully that the first poster on page 1 talked about.

We are talking about trying to hijack the constraints of the game for one's own personal gain through threats and fear. Yeah, it's just a game, but "over 100 people" (a quote from his own wall as he bragged to his friends about his tactics) have been targeted and now are receiving additional threats. This is in no way a fair fight, and if Funzio allows it to spread then it will eventually kill this game and their revenue stream. I'll take my money elsewhere.

So, Funzio, are you going to let this unrestrained thuggery turn our beloved game into a lawless Wild West where people actively leave because these tactics are so repellant, or are you going to take a stand now (before it hits you in the pocketbook?).

Scabbyfeet
05-21-2012, 06:21 PM
I just read this thread and the following quote kept coming to mind:

"but I don't wanna be a pitrate"' - Jerry SeinfeildLol the puffy shirt .

Jp lfs
05-21-2012, 06:26 PM
I have to admit to a healthy curiosity about the system. What does one have to do to obtain membership?

I have at least 3 allies in the upper regions who I deeply respect from the forum, and would gladly do "favors" for, but this is something completely different. Seems almost like a fraternity with all the accompanying hazing and solidarity. I believe there are other teams up there, too, who haven't been mentioned. However, I won't be the first to name them! I'm too close to that region to risk accidentally stepping on toes now.

Agent Orange
05-21-2012, 07:15 PM

You are getting hit from ALL sides actually. About the only way to get out is to go full cloak I'm afraid unless you have over 499 allies....

kt3448
05-21-2012, 08:04 PM
Camping to build economies is where these games are headed for me, as I enjoy this strategy. Doing this on 6 funzio games - 2 MW, 2 CC and 2 KA suffiently passes time in between. I view my 6 accounts as subsets of one large play.
My goal is to build up proper defenses for all accounts so that they each can repell all attacks, raids, robberies or whatever if I decide not to login and collect for two weeks straight. Then I am in control of the situation, not vice versa.

Agent Orange
05-21-2012, 08:11 PM
The real problem with camping is that at some point someone more powerful is going to come along and raid you. I guess the big question is, how important is an economy now with this new ranking system and more powerful valour units. Granted nothing touches gold units.... so the reality is just how useful is it to be building and upgrading all these expensive money buildings. Then once you get up to the high levels you sit there worried about getting raided and getting nothing in return, because the reality is you ARE going to get raided and will get nothing from your buildings.

Up in the high levels the term cloaking pops up now and then and IMHO that is a far more useful strategy.....

JohnnyR
05-21-2012, 08:28 PM
Up in the high levels the term cloaking pops up now and then and IMHO that is a far more useful strategy.....

How viable is this as a free player though? Without economy, there is no way to regain units lost through combat, and valor payout is a pittance if carrying only valor units-that'll be all that's dying and die they will...

Agent Orange
05-21-2012, 08:43 PM
How viable is this as a free player though? Without economy, there is no way to regain units lost through combat, and valor payout is a pittance if carrying only valor units-that'll be all that's dying and die they will...

I think as a free player you are pretty much screwed now in the high levels. With the PvP bug players exploiting it will come and attack and raid you while you wind up loosing high value units. Heavy gold spenders who are not allies will come and raid and attack you because there isn't much else to do up here and you wind up loosing high value units....

Everyone doing valour goals will attack and raid you if you are a higher level or have the right number of allies required to complete a goal and guess what, you loose high value units.....

Even when you attack with the current loss rates you cannot come out ahead unless you can target your rivals carefully but even still you wind up loosing high value units. I'm starting to really think the game is pretty much snookered. At least KA is a lot better in some ways though in others it is actually a bit worse.

And when the devs hit us with the weekly event guess what you wind up getting nailed for boxes or crates or whatever it is that is in play.

Hmm and from your tag line you have the ally list bug. Did you get the devs to nuke your ally list? Sounds like it as you wind up with a blank list but your old allies still have you in theirs and can even post to your wall but you won't see them.

Spudboy
05-21-2012, 09:02 PM
The chief bully that I'm aware of is Stephen. He's at level 187 with 315,000 attack points, and flies the flag of the United Kingdom. I was at his base just now, and, out of the blue, all of his incriminating comments on his wall have now been erased! I doubt he "got religion", I think he heard that this issue involving him was being discussed on the Funzio forum. This is the guy who within the last day was bragging on his wall about how he had threatened over 100 people to raise the number of their allies to 500 or more, or else they would face attacks 24/7.

This is the chief characteristic of a bully- they are cowards at heart when someone else confronts them on a level playing field, like this forum. Again, Funzio, you need to corral thugs like this, or others will simply take their money and go!

manbeast
05-21-2012, 09:27 PM
sounds like a douche. cant believe ppl would actually dump that kinda money into the game. wonder who it is irl

Mad
05-21-2012, 09:49 PM
Well this thread confirms what I have been thinking from the beginning, unless you are willing to spend hundreds of dollars, any money you will spend will simply be flushed down the toilet. But it will be business as usual for Funzio because the vast majority of players don't know about this forum.

JohnnyR
05-21-2012, 09:49 PM
I think as a free player you are pretty much screwed now in the high levels. With the PvP bug players exploiting it will come and attack and raid you while you wind up loosing high value units. Heavy gold spenders who are not allies will come and raid and attack you because there isn't much else to do up here and you wind up loosing high value units....

Everyone doing valour goals will attack and raid you if you are a higher level or have the right number of allies required to complete a goal and guess what, you loose high value units.....

Even when you attack with the current loss rates you cannot come out ahead unless you can target your rivals carefully but even still you wind up loosing high value units. I'm starting to really think the game is pretty much snookered. At least KA is a lot better in some ways though in others it is actually a bit worse.

And when the devs hit us with the weekly event guess what you wind up getting nailed for boxes or crates or whatever it is that is in play.

Hmm and from your tag line you have the ally list bug. Did you get the devs to nuke your ally list? Sounds like it as you wind up with a blank list but your old allies still have you in theirs and can even post to your wall but you won't see them.

Ally bug-yes. I tried to get Funzio to fix it, they threw the ball back in my court and I really don't want to pester them about it, and didn't want a blank list to start from. Sig line is about all I care to do at the moment...

It sucks to hear about high levels being as treacherous as ever, but this comes right about the perfect time for me as most of my high IPH buildings are going to become too costly to upgrade and I can shift gears here. This'll be a great time to simply collect money, take a break from PVP and build up defense and work on boost buildings.

Tried KA, and it is simply too weird for me. The classes being of no importance (in any obvious way at least, last played when the BS Heli promo went on) really bugged me, and I just never really did get the hang of the game... I wish they would incorporate some of the cool things of KA into MW though, such as equipment for troops and heroes, that was actually pretty neat.

I think I'll just set my game on cruise control here for now, exciting event or no-I'm getting tired and my real life is starting to get in the way of MW. Kind of sick looking at it that way, but this game truly had/has me addicted!

Copenhagen
05-21-2012, 09:56 PM
@Johhny - Sent and invite. Take a breather for a few days. Your base will survive.

Mad
05-21-2012, 10:01 PM
One thing Funzio could do is give free and low gold playing players the opportunity to purchase very high defensive units that could match to some extent the gold units. I am talking about defensive units only not offensive. This would keep the game interesting for both the low gold/free players and at the same time keep it interesting for the high paying gold players who would find it a bit more challenging.

War Priest
05-21-2012, 10:04 PM
One thing Funzio could do is give free and low gold playing players the opportunity to purchase very high defensive units that could match to some extent the gold units. I am talking about defensive units only not offensive. This would keep the game interesting for both the low gold/free players and at the same time keep it interesting for the high paying gold players who would find it a bit more challenging.

Then gold buyers would buy those too. Also, FREE players are free because they don't want to spend money on a game. So they still wouldn't buy the units.

JohnnyR
05-21-2012, 10:06 PM
Thanks Cope, much appreciated.

JohnnyR
05-21-2012, 10:09 PM
Then gold buyers would buy those too. Also, FREE players are free because they don't want to spend money on a game. So they still wouldn't buy the units.

I think by "purchase," he meant in game cash. And, I actually like this idea, bring like a turbo medic into action here, pure defense. You are right though, that the problem with attempts at "balance" here is that any action is affecting EVERY player, and anyone can take advantage of new changes.

Mad
05-21-2012, 10:11 PM

I was thinking they could be units bought with cash. I am just trying to think of ways a free or low paying gold player could still enjoy the game at higher levels. Considering Fuzio's business plan there may not be a way of doing this. But after a while I wonder how enjoyable the game will be for high paying gold players who win all the time, simply because they have deep pockets.

War Priest
05-21-2012, 10:15 PM
Got it. Don't know what I was thinking of a gold unit. Probably because I am waiting for the new LE's to come out. :p

What?
05-21-2012, 11:11 PM
If this kind of stuff happened in real life it would be illegal. Since it is in a game with children in it Funzio will let it slide. From wikipedia- "Coercion is the practice of forcing another party to behave in an involuntary manner (whether through action or inaction) by use of threats or intimidation or some other form of pressure or force. In law, coercion is codified as the duress crime. Such actions are used as leverage, to force the victim to act in the desired way. Coercion may involve the actual infliction of physical pain/injury or psychological harm in order to enhance the credibility of a threat. The threat of further harm may lead to the cooperation or obedience of the person being coerced." Sound like something? This is certainly a fine line these players are walking. If Funzio doesn't do something what is to stop them from taking it a step further. If you want the attacks to stop send me 5USD to my PayPal account. That may be extreme but after reading stuff like this it is not that far off.

mickymacirl
05-22-2012, 12:29 AM
Haha

And you would be a well better organized team even if these "pirates" were real. Like I have been saying, running a game gang just through the comments wall would be difficult. On here would make it all most professional since you can actually have a list of targets and members, and have a way to plan the attacks.

they have a private forum wp, ive seen some of the posts :>

mickymacirl
05-22-2012, 12:31 AM
Well this thread confirms what I have been thinking from the beginning, unless you are willing to spend hundreds of dollars, any money you will spend will simply be flushed down the toilet. But it will be business as usual for Funzio because the vast majority of players don't know about this forum.

I'd change to 10's of thousands of dollars, unless you pay a hacker to cloak ur base or edit ur stats and give you the no cas glitch.

Mcdoc
05-22-2012, 12:45 AM
I'd change to 10's of thousands of dollars, unless you pay a hacker to cloak ur base or edit ur stats and give you the no cas glitch.I guess that's the answer to my question in another post :)

mickymacirl
05-22-2012, 01:23 AM
Oh ya heheh, don't worry, once I have my app certification I won't be turning hack-or :P

Ascent
05-22-2012, 05:27 AM
I still do not get it... :)

If you get hammered, does it matter who does it? If it's the pirates attacking nonstop or random folks, what is the difference?

And the most puzzling thing: what do you think will happen if you comply and get above 500 allies??? :D That's when they will start farming you day and night... so why would you give them the pleasure of valors if they are going to beat you up anyway? Ignore them , deny them the valor and they will go away.

Poopenshire
05-22-2012, 05:49 AM
I still do not get it... :)

If you get hammered, does it matter who does it? If it's the pirates attacking nonstop or random folks, what is the difference?

And the most puzzling thing: what do you think will happen if you comply and get above 500 allies??? :D That's when they will start farming you day and night... so why would you give them the pleasure of valors if they are going to beat you up anyway? Ignore them , deny them the valor and they will go away.

What they are talking about here is not getting hammered. What they are talking about an organized prolonged assult. the size and duration of which could not be compared to getting hammered by a single player. If the threats are real and correct you will not be able to play game. you will never be able to collect, you will lose units hand over fist, and you will just sit there recieving more threats.

Speed ump
05-22-2012, 06:37 AM
Okguys this is stephen, one of those pirates, si I'm ready for your questions. So many things hard to respond to everything I read. First to the if this was the real world it would be illegal. Attacking another person, and stealing their money would be illegal. This is a game and it's part of the game. Everyone here has done it. Many guys dropped ally's to hide below the500 level where you can't be seen by higher ones. Also some did it to avoid the valor goals. I have a word for that but I'll keep it to myself here. I have no intrest whatsoever in those goals and neither do most, though not all of the pirates. It's not fair for those that do to be able to see and attack up, but not the reverse. I have heard that they are going to fix it anyway, so you might as well go back up. Most of the guys I've seen down there don't e en have enough high value money buildings for me to visit. I only attack when someone attacks another pirate, makes racist, or vulgar comments, or on purpose tries to taunt us. I raid guys for higher value money buildings if you don't collect them, I will. Once you go back above 500 I ignore you and so do most of the others. How many here were really attacked by the pirates before this became an issue? So it will not be an issue if you go back up. Its the hiding we have an issue with, not you personally. And yes you can make the choice. The idea is would you rather have me on you constantly, or random hits up above. I know which sounds better to me. Come join and be part of the whole group. I don't know about anyone else but I joined a war game to war. Why are we so strong, well because we can be, because it's a feather in our cap like many here who post about personal milestones, there are guys out there with our strength we fight and have forced us to go where we need to go. Obviously there have been a lot of problems with the rivals lists and we try to work around that with the tools we have until they can be fixed. If you are camping and hiding, i just wonder why you even joined a war game, just my opinion. There are games avaible for just building things, but I enjoy the war part. Let me k ow your questions on this subject and I will try to answer them.

Maverick50727
05-22-2012, 06:37 AM
I was thinking they could be units bought with cash. I am just trying to think of ways a free or low paying gold player could still enjoy the game at higher levels. Considering Fuzio's business plan there may not be a way of doing this. But after a while I wonder how enjoyable the game will be for high paying gold players who win all the time, simply because they have deep pockets.
I don't think that will work. While base defenses seem to work early on in the game, they mean nothing IMO after L90. I don't see them giving a base defense to only people spending less than $1,000 real money and giving it 100,000 def stats, becaue that might be what it takes. It seems the skill points mess mess things up there. Base defenses I think help in the early game because your rivals stats may just vary by 500-1000 and your skill points are low at that time. Once you are higher, the stats range is greater, but even when they keep the same ratios as in earlier levels, you have 4-5X the skill points.

I'm a free player and I raided someone with 10K less stats than myself. Not only could a I raid a building that was in the blue circle covereage of 5 gold EMPs (1 L1, 2 L2 an 2 L3), I even raided the EMPs directly. Now that just made me wonder what value my L1 Railguns 75D (strongest I have as free player) if even the lowest L1 EMP 125D was higher than mine.

Now add that I'm a 50K stat player and instead of someone 60K hitting me, we are talking about a 300K stat player hitting? I've seen a post where someone said their L10 EMPs made no difference. Since I'm a free player I will never have that option and can't debate it. But if I can hit a L3 EMP directly myslef, then the only value I see in base defenses at the high level is to meet building goals and their small sum that they add to your alliance defense stat.

Poopenshire
05-22-2012, 06:50 AM
regardless of what any one says, play how you want and if someone threatens you, then report them. there is no place in any game for threats. at best its harrassment, at worst its cyber bullying. if someone treatens you report them, plain and simple. Do not get pressured into anything they want you to do. If you choose to do so then thats your choice. We know attacking and defending are part of the game, threats are not. Maybe thats how some people feel it should be played, then thats their choice.

Bronson
05-22-2012, 07:06 AM
Hi Speed ump very nice of you to come on and offer yourself up for a Q&A session although doesn't look like anyone has taken up your offer yet.

I'm to low in levels to even think about pirates and whales and 300k attacks just yet but I will ask you a question.. How's things with you everything alright?

By the way when I do eventually get up that high and find you I will post on your wall to get my love tap I am strangely looking forward to it just to see what a monster army looks like.

EDIT - WTF am I thinking??? also I run a fun forum fight night thread where us forum members on same level and ally numbers hit each other once and post results with screen shots, fancy joining in?????

Jhoemel
05-22-2012, 07:15 AM
Hi Speed ump very nice of you to come on and offer yourself up for a Q&A session although doesn't look like anyone has taken up your offer yet.

I'm to low in levels to even think about pirates and whales and 300k attacks just yet but I will ask you a question.. How's things with you everything alright?

By the way when I do eventually get up that high and find you I will post on your wall to get my love tap I am strangely looking forward to it just to see what a monster army looks like.

EDIT - WTF am I thinking??? also I run a fun forum fight night thread where us forum members on same level and ally numbers hit each other once and post results with screen shots, fancy joining in?????

That would be cool if he join... I also have a question to speed ump... For example a guy become part of your hit list and is getting attacked a lot, What can he do for you guys to stop your attacks?

marebear
05-22-2012, 07:29 AM
@ Stephen/speed ump. Okay I am curious, can I ask about how many pirates there are? (general not an exact number). Who started the pirates? Are there other groups? Do you guys have turf wars with other groups? What's the lowest attack/defense score in the pirates? How long have you been playing? Thanks in Advance for anything you answer. I have to go grab my kid from school but I will catch up after.

Maverick50727
Okguys this is stephen, one of those pirates, si I'm ready for your questions. So many things hard to respond to everything I read. First to the if this was the real world it would be illegal. Attacking another person, and stealing their money would be illegal. This is a game and it's part of the game. Everyone here has done it. Many guys dropped ally's to hide below the500 level where you can't be seen by higher ones. Also some did it to avoid the valor goals. I have a word for that but I'll keep it to myself here. I have no intrest whatsoever in those goals and neither do most, though not all of the pirates. It's not fair for those that do to be able to see and attack up, but not the reverse. I have heard that they are going to fix it anyway, so you might as well go back up. Most of the guys I've seen down there don't e en have enough high value money buildings for me to visit. I only attack when someone attacks another pirate, makes racist, or vulgar comments, or on purpose tries to taunt us. I raid guys for higher value money buildings if you don't collect them, I will. Once you go back above 500 I ignore you and so do most of the others. How many here were really attacked by the pirates before this became an issue? So it will not be an issue if you go back up. Its the hiding we have an issue with, not you personally. And yes you can make the choice. The idea is would you rather have me on you constantly, or random hits up above. I know which sounds better to me. Come join and be part of the whole group. I don't know about anyone else but I joined a war game to war. Why are we so strong, well because we can be, because it's a feather in our cap like many here who post about personal milestones, there are guys out there with our strength we fight and have forced us to go where we need to go. Obviously there have been a lot of problems with the rivals lists and we try to work around that with the tools we have until they can be fixed. If you are camping and hiding, i just wonder why you even joined a war game, just my opinion. There are games avaible for just building things, but I enjoy the war part. Let me k ow your questions on this subject and I will try to answer them.

"stephen", we have traded a few comments already. You know my stance of being under 500. I have other reasons (stated in this thread) and the majority of people I attack are under 500 anyway, I'm not mining valor missions like some think. I have done low ally count testing and affects on losses over months and as a result I have gone as low as 50 allies and haven't been over 500 allies since March!!!

Questions for you:
1.) If you are over 500 allies, is that a magic line when you can't see anyone with less than 500? A person with 500 allies can't see less those with 499 and < but can only see 500 and >. I ask honestly, because I haven't been over that in months so I don't remember and Funzio has messed with rival lists groupings several times since. Are the posts in repsonse to all your raiding targets drying up?

2.) I assume if # is true you must be under 500 ally count yourself now with all the other pirates posting or else you wouldn't be able to see me. But I know I have seen some pirates under 500 for a very long time, so I'm not sure the reason for that other than mine valor. Long before the PvP ranking was introduced.

3.) Can you see me now? I've been searching my rivals list for 2 days and have yet to see you "stephen" but you seem to see me since you posted on my wall. I can see the dark "Stephen", but not you which is strange. I'm 488 allies right now and can see other L108-L200 with allies 419-523. The other week before they changed where you couldn't see the "real" aly count in the list, all I saw was 500, but when visted them and looked at their stats I saw people with 5,000+ allies. No more.

Arizona
Let me k ow your questions on this subject and I will try to answer them.

Hi Stephen,
Thanks for your input. It's always good to hear differing views and opinions. I'll always believe you play the game any way you want. Common sense will dictate what you experience. I think the only behaviour off limits is sexist, racist and bullying. Other than that, this is a war game, so expect confrontation and don't whine about being beaten up. My only question is; are you all gold players or any free players with you?
Cheers

Thunder Child
05-22-2012, 07:32 AM
@ Speed ump

Good to see you here again.

Personally, I think the 499 issue has been blown out of proportion, especially with the recent changes to the rivals list which has mixed things up quite a bit. You will see from my signature that I am currently at 498 allies, but the point I wish to make is that this has nothing to do with cowardice or wanting to camp. In my case, I believe I leveled up way too quickly and find myself in the higher levels with a fairly weak economy. My decision to delay the inevitable - and I am happy to call it a short term strategy - is to stay here until I reach my goal of $300K per hour off my 12 and 24 buildings. I am certainly not hiding these facts, since I have hung my goals out for all to see in another thread (that I started). I love the game and I love PvP way more than the missions which I gave up ages ago, so I too look forward to stepping into deeper waters with greater challenges and risks. But I must say that having invested a lot of time and some cash in the game, there is a big difference between being attacked (very) heavily and being brutalized to the point where people simply give up. So, while I welcome the heavy hits to come, I just want to be in reasonable shape in order to role with the blows and get to know some of you guys rather than than role up and die. That's my 5c on the 499 issue.

I'm not a pack animal by nature, but I have no problem at all with individuals who chose to work together either. I also believe it is important for individuals and groups alike to have some sort of code, and I can see that a major part of being a Pirate involves such a code. I just like to think that there is room for more than one code, so long as there is respect, understanding and decency.

Not sure if I've asked a question in all of this, but I just felt it important to have my say.

Look forward to meeting you at least once (once, please!) on the battlefield!

bigflan
05-22-2012, 07:45 AM
Pirates don't scare me but I will never ever give into their demands I have ways to change my identity and you guys will never find me it's just me going behind a rock and letting you pass by your group might be searching for me it might take hours to do just looking for one guy

Poopenshire
05-22-2012, 08:33 AM
Look forward to meeting you at least once (once, please!) on the battlefield!

I have to agree here, most of all, which is why i like Forum Fight night. I hope to take part soon, but I think we all should meet on the field of battle atleast once. cowering in the corner is no way to play, which is why I don't really camp.

War Priest
05-22-2012, 09:02 AM
they have a private forum wp, ive seen some of the posts :>

What is it?

Aidan
05-22-2012, 09:28 AM
@WP It's not that hard to Coordinate attack actually. In other similar game, players use apps such as KIK messenger, LINE etc. i'm guessing they use the same medium to communicate. Seen one of them pirates talking bout 'chat'.

Speed ump
05-22-2012, 09:30 AM
I can't give numbers of pirates but something over thirty. There are pirates at many levels. A player above 500 cannot see any below, from what I understand it's part of what funzio is working on , and still are, that will change. The hard part is what is bullying? Really any kind of atta k is a form of bullying. The game is set up for that. Bullying to me would be more based on the language and types of threats, ie the ones of personal, or personal harm nature. I have had all kinds of threats from nothing much to very severe. I'm not immune baevuase of my level. There is a way to get of a so called hit list. If you got on, it's usually because of language, racist comments, etc of that nature, continued attacks on a memeber. Easiest way is to not get there at all. Next, of you have found you made one of these mistakes, just man up offer a very profuse and sincere apology and promise it will never happen again. The quicker you do that, the better your chances. Some guys play along with it and go so far over with their apology it's hilarious. Some want to be hard headed and ot goes on longer, and is harder for them to get off at that point. Some feel it's their right to post racist or vulgar stuff, so we continue on, as do they.we started out as me and another player in a big war. I was the strongest at the time, and I was offended by what I thought he was doing, so I let him know. He was offended that I had an issue with this, and so the story went. Today we are hreat friends and allies. He started using the pirates name during our war, with his ally.once the war needed we found we had more in common than not, so we joined forces. That became the beginning of the pirates you see today. Others we were already allied or friendly with joined in. And it has grown. Since we have started the amount of vulgar postings, and racist remarks has dropped dramatically. Enough so that I noe let my 13 year old play gain. It was pretty bad. The ones we target are obviuosly going to feel wronged, it's the nature of people. In the end though it's a war game, who cares why someone attacks you, they do. I joined to make war, not love. I never understand why some seemed so upset at attacks. There are games for building things, if you want to play this game, expect to play war, or at least have others play war on you. I got my but handed to me quite a bit early on, never said a word. My response was to get stronger so that would not happen. I don't get mad or upset, it's a game. I have my own standards, and if some don't agree with them that's ok too. If you want to get to my level or higher and stomp my but, please feel free to, I welcome the competition. All we lose is some fake money, fake units, all of which can be replaced.
You don't want to be attacked, be friendly. If you are attacked, be friendly. It's hard to keep attacking a really friendly guy. I figure they're the smartest of all.

bigflan
05-22-2012, 09:32 AM
What's the big deal pirates don't scare me I wanna fight one!

War Priest
05-22-2012, 09:34 AM
Speed Ump, many people don't know that 500 is max allies. Some believe you need thousands, others believe you don't even need 500. The only way to know this is to figure it out on your own, or read the forums.

Yes, some are hiding because of it, but there are many who don't even have a clue.

Thunder Child
05-22-2012, 09:38 AM
What's the big deal pirates don't scare me I wanna fight one!And I'm sure they'll make all your dreams come true, Flan!

Speed ump
05-22-2012, 09:41 AM
Hope the last answer some things. Please ask the ones you think I did not answer or adress, as there were a lot. It's not often you get a pirate in here, so I can handle the bashing too. I'm not stupid enough to thing there are those who arn't happy with us. It's the nature of a war game. Also someone asked if there are other groups. Simple answer is no, but there are several who have tried and it just never goes anywhere. Some start because they want to fight us, some for other reasons. The problem with fighting us is, you can't really. All the strongest players are on our team, with one exception. And I'm on cordial terms with hi outside the game, though we are big time enemies inside the game. The next, of you do start something with us, we never stop, there is no end, unless you do as stated above, and then it's on our terms and the conditions my seem bait humiliating. There a purpose to it all, and it works for most. Later we can all laugh about it. When me and the other founders had our war, they had some very intresting names for me. They had. A real flair for naming the things I did and trying to make fun of me. I have to say for a period I got mad, then thought about what I was mad about ,and laughed at myself for even getting mad. That whole thing got started over misunderstanding a all of us being pigheaded. But it brought us together to.

Thunder Child
05-22-2012, 09:47 AM
@ Speed Ump

Still not clear on the importance to the Pirates on getting players like myself from 498 allies to 500. Could you tell me a bit more....

bigflan
05-22-2012, 09:48 AM
Hey are their any pirates at Lv 39-41 so I can fight them

spectra
05-22-2012, 09:56 AM
Hi Speed ump

I agree with your point of view, regarding the language
I have seen some awful posting and the same goes with some of the in game names
I have come across to names such as "UKCUF" and other I do not wish to place here

Regarding the 499 ally count (which I do not have that issue, I have 2,600+ allies) In part some if not most players are doing it bacause they are "Camping" so that they can increase their IPH, and atc/def stat to be better prepare for the higher levels. I for one am sort of "camping" (currently at lv-121 with only 42/49k atk/def) only doing the pvp for the ranking until I reach Major, then I will actually do some camping in order to increase my IPH and finish upgrading the rest of my unit building so that I can unlock all unist availables, WHY, bacause I get to see in my rival list that way too many players with stats at least 20k over mine, thus in order to keep making war, I need to become stronger.

In the short future the 499 ally count will be irrelevant, since I think FUNZIO will sort all that out soon

In this game even though is a war game, you will encounter all sorts of player, those whom do not care about the war part, but love the buildings and are focus on just creating a "complete" base, I have seen players in lv 115 with stat of 4k atk/def, but they have almost all the buildings and land.
Other player are just playing the missions and do not care about PVP, thus they keep their ally count under 499 to play under the radar, because thei are not interest it on the other faces of the game, except missions

In the end, we should all respect what other players are doing with their games, if they want to be at lv 120 with 100 allies, because those are his forum friends, or because it suits their need, then let them be.
there is plenty of player in the game to make war all day long

I do want to thank you regarding the reduction of profanity and foul language, the role the pirates have played to reduce it.

I you happen to see me on your rival list (name is "spectra"), please feel free to come visit, "tap" me and PLEASE take a snapshot to post it on the 'FIGHT NIGHT' thread, lol, that would be awesome to see the results of that, and fun to have a "friendly" round

Cheers

Speed ump
05-22-2012, 09:58 AM
Hah, flan, yes I have an phone player I hardly play at level 33. You are welcome to fight him. Same name, stephen British flag.but I think he's a bit too low for you to see. Too nad did ot know when you were at that level. You may feel free to express your invention for a fight if you wish when you get to our level though.

Bronson
05-22-2012, 10:04 AM
@Speed ump Do you fancy going one round with a forum member on my fight night thread complete with screenshots? I'm sure you will have a few takers who would love to have the kudos of taking you on in a friendly battle!

Thunder Child
05-22-2012, 10:08 AM
@Speed ump Do you fancy going one round with a forum member on my fight night thread complete with screenshots? I'm sure you will have a few takers who would love to have the kudos of taking you on in a friendly battle!I'll even make it worthwhile - I'll shift my allies up to 500 so you can see me, and then we can go a few rounds each way. You'd be killing several birds (and a teacher!) in several shots!

Bronson - I get first crack!

Bronson
05-22-2012, 10:13 AM
I'll even make it worthwhile - I'll shift my allies up to 500 so you can see me, and then we can go a few rounds each way. You'd be killing several birds (and a teacher!) in several shots!

Bejebus TC you move fast!! But ok if speed ump is up for it then I can make it happen!

Speed ump
05-22-2012, 10:15 AM
The time for camping in my opinion is at the lower levels, I have an iPhone player at 33 who has been there a long time, mostly because I play my main game. Once you get to our level, be prepared. You should have the max number of allies that allows you to bring the max number of units to the fight. I can see many guys who have way less than 500 units, which I don't understand, but I don't bother them it's obvious the did not drop down to hide. The ones closer to 500 have, however you want to say the reasons why you did, it boils down to avoid valor hits not get hit by higher level guys, in other words, hiding. Yest you can see higher levels and can attack them at will if you chose, and some have. That sure dosnt seem quite fair. I feel we should all have equal acces to each other. Anyone above level 100 if that's where the cutoff is, should be seen by everyone, remeber when the lists were horrible. If you were lucky you wernt in my box or the box other pirates wernt in, if you were stuck in a box with us, I'm sorry. This would spread out things for everyone. And so many names it would actually make it harder for someone to find you unless you attack them back. I've meyer a lot of good guys here, and I bet there's more. some have been my personal ATMs since the game started. They don't get mad, and we are friends. One guy, who I won't name gave me his reasons why he was there, said he had almost left the game from attacks admitted he was hiding. His strength is very low. I told him better for the man of steel to go out fighting, then go out with a whimper. He thought that was really funny and agreed. I will never hit him again. He had nothing I would have hit him for to start with.

spectra
05-22-2012, 10:15 AM
I'll even make it worthwhile - I'll shift my allies up to 500 so you can see me, and then we can go a few rounds each way. You'd be killing several birds (and a teacher!) in several shots!

Make line, I already made my challenge to him (page 11), lol
Cheers

Bronson
05-22-2012, 10:19 AM
The guy hasn't even said he would take part yet so why don't you two (Spectra TC) fight each other???

Poopenshire
05-22-2012, 10:24 AM
Make line, I already made my challenge to him (page 11), lol
Cheers

I would want a crack at TC as well here. I am not at that level yet, but make sure you save me a round!

mickymacirl
05-22-2012, 10:28 AM
I would want a crack at TC as well here. I am not at that level yet, but make sure you save me a round!

TC wins 13-1 remember :P

spectra
05-22-2012, 10:35 AM
The guy hasn't even said he would take part yet so why don't you two (Spectra TC) fight each other???

Any time, this will be fun, I want to see what units I loose
One thing please, my list is too long to try to find TC and "erase" him from my allies, so please TC, if we are allies, find me and delete me
Also Feel free to hit me any time, and take the snapshots and post, I have no clue how to do that
Cheers

Aidan
05-22-2012, 10:39 AM
I can see stephen.. Do you Think i should just attack him? He hasnt agreed to anything tho. Wouldnt want the whole pirates gangbanging me coz i attack their chief.

Thunder Child
05-22-2012, 10:46 AM
I can see stephen.. Do you Think i should just attack him? He havent agreed to anything tho. Wouldnt want the whole pirates gangbanging me coz i attack their chief. I can see him too, and it's impressive. No way I'm going there again without a nod, invite, pass, and two burly bodyguards!

Bronson
05-22-2012, 10:47 AM
I can see stephen.. Do you Think i should just attack him? He havent agreed to anything tho. Wouldnt want the whole pirates gangbanging me coz i attack their chief.

He would love it! In fact he said on another thread (can't remember which) that he is a big fan of yours and would really appreciate a love tap!!

Seems he is offline now so go surprise him!!!!

Thunder Child
05-22-2012, 10:47 AM
Any time, this will be fun, I want to see what units I looseOne thing please, my list is too long to try to find TC and "erase" him from my allies, so please TC, if we are allies, find me and delete meAlso Feel free to hit me any time, and take the snapshots and post, I have no clue how to do thatCheersAre we allies? Are you Spectra in game, too?

Bronson
05-22-2012, 10:48 AM
I can see him too, and it's impressive. No way I'm going there again without a nod, invite, pass, and two burly bodyguards!

Your suppose to be egging him on!! What kind of friend are you????

Thunder Child
05-22-2012, 10:49 AM
Your suppose to be egging him on!! What kind of friend are you????Too busy contemplating my own mortality!

Bronson
05-22-2012, 10:50 AM
Are we allies? Are you Spectra in game, too?

If your both ready do you want me to introduce you on the proper thread?

Bronson
05-22-2012, 10:51 AM
Too busy contemplating my own mortality!

Not the spirit TC. Do you think he is actual gone to do it lol

Thunder Child
05-22-2012, 10:52 AM
I can see stephen.. Do you Think i should just attack him? He havent agreed to anything tho. Wouldnt want the whole pirates gangbanging me coz i attack their chief.Bronson said I should have a word.....

"Go on, Aid! Do it! Stephen should be the one to pop your cherry! Do it, Aid! Do it!"

Ok, Bron?

Bronson
05-22-2012, 10:54 AM
Bronson said I should have a word.....

"Go on, Aid! Do it! Stephen should be the one to pop your cherry! Do it, Aid! Do it!"

Ok, Bron?

Much better!!! Also we have officially hijacked this thread

Thunder Child
05-22-2012, 10:55 AM
If your both ready do you want me to introduce you on the proper thread?Yes, but will have to wait till tomorrow - nearly 3am here... got way too distracted by Stephen!

Need to find Spectra first. But would be awesome to finally check this off my goals list!

Thunder Child
05-22-2012, 10:57 AM
Much better!!! Also we have officially hijacked this threadAlways a bonus! Catch you tomorrow, fella. Do your thing, Bron King! (notice the rhyme?)

Speed ump
05-22-2012, 10:59 AM
Boy, did not realize that guys were doing that, but sure, I don't mind. Tc, is that your name on the game? If so I think you may be a current target for some language or posts being negative to American military, there were two guys they were talking about, cant remember who did what. If so maybe I can help tell you what you need to do to get off that list.

Bronson
05-22-2012, 10:59 AM
Always a bonus! Catch you tomorrow, fella. Do your thing, Bron King! (notice the rhyme?)

Alright mate be here bright and early. Plus - I'm gonna rob your rhyme, and make it mine!

Bronson
05-22-2012, 11:01 AM
Boy, did not realize that guys were doing that, but sure, I don't mind. Tc, is that your name on the game? If so I think you may be a current target for some language or posts being negative to American military, there were two guys they were talking about, cant remember who did what. If so maybe I can help tell you what you need to do to get off that list.

He is in!!! We got a heavyweight fight here in the making!!!

TC yous in trouble !!!!!

Poopenshire
05-22-2012, 11:03 AM
TC wins 13-1 remember :P

I don't want to go small. I want to see how I hold up against him. I know my chances are low, but I never back off because of fear.

Bronson
05-22-2012, 11:07 AM
Over to the Fight Night thread guys its on!!!!!!

Warfiend
05-22-2012, 11:09 AM
If so I think you may be a current target for some language or posts being negative to American military, there were two guys they were talking about, cant remember who did what. If so maybe I can help tell you what you need to do to get off that list.

They target people for things said here in the forum, or is this in game wall stuff?

SeqWins
05-22-2012, 11:14 AM
@WP It's not that hard to Coordinate attack actually. In other similar game, players use apps such as KIK messenger, LINE etc. i'm guessing they use the same medium to communicate. Seen one of them pirates talking bout 'chat'.

Palringo........

cheiz
05-22-2012, 11:18 AM
TC yous in trouble !!!!!

Ouch TC... though that's a kind gesture from Speed ump

spectra
05-22-2012, 11:23 AM
Are we allies? Are you Spectra in game, too?
Yes, ingame name Spectra, German flag, lv-121
Not sure if we are allies, but my list is too long to check, it would be easier for you to see if we are allies and if so, to delete me
I will wait for your visit
Cheers

spectra
05-22-2012, 11:28 AM

Hi Speed
Would you accept a friendly challenge from me? lv-121 stat 42k (I know is low) but is just fun among friends
in game name is Spectra, german flag
if you accept, please feel free to hit me a couple of times and please take snapshots, so that you can post them in the "FIGHT NIGHTS" thread
Many thanks
Cheers

Aidan
05-22-2012, 11:37 AM

Doubt that's our TC. His ingame is Thunder Child.

Maverick50727
05-22-2012, 01:05 PM
stephen/Speed ump,
I see what happens when I'm at work and away for a while. LOL Quite few posts.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. 500 and above can't see anyone below at this current time (until the next Funzio change). I can see how you want to push people in your direction to have more and better targets for raids.

I'm glad you posted today as I was hoping you would. I consider you as a potential and/or honorable ally/rival. I respect what you have done in the game for language even though my own 12yr daughter doesn't play. When I was in the lower levels I saw people post things I couldn't believe. You seem to police the upper levels. Congrats!!!!

I can respect your teams request for people to go above 500 now. I hope you can respect my decision to stay where I'm at for the near term as it is inline with my strategies as stated previously. In the long term I will go above 500 defintely, but need the lower ally count to control units and better determine game play. I play this game knowing it is a war game and there will be losses, but I play for the challenge and is why I continue to play free. I am no match for you and never could be as I stated in times past. I suspect that you have a pure gold army by now and can't lose any units. No offense but that takes the fun and challenge out of the game for me. Pirates are not all bad even though I don't always agree with all your opinions or strategies. I have much respect for you and that isn't a lie. This might seem as a thread hijack to some, but is intended as a charater reference for you. I will stick up for you in these next few posts and is a long read.

I will go one step further to explain what I'm about and maybe show how you helped me in my time of need. You actually created my current character and play style. You can read in the in next consecutive posts. It was a result of my communication with you and learning that people spend so much on this game that I could never be #1 (a slap in the when people first figure this out). I was bitter some prior to our first communications with the "bought" stats and people using money as a strategy, but I came to terms with that. I can't blame you or anyone on spending money, you have the right to play the game as you see fit. I blame Funzio for the game design. LOL At some point I'll probably make a small $ donation to Funzio for all the time I've spent as a thank you, but playing 100% free for the added challenge till then.

As a result of finding out how much some people spend, I decided to take some of your advice along with other advice in the forum like TrampStamp (retirement was a great loss) and correct my mistakes which would be the more challenging path. My goals became instead of being #1, being one of the best free players, make it to L100, better learn how the game works and then teach this to any requesting help in hopes to create a more challenging game with better allies/rivals. That was when I took the "Lone Ranger" avatar to ride to the rescue of those in need of help in the forum (especially free players). Unfortunately, due to work and family I don't spend as much time in the forums and let others post answers instead (many of which were my early peeps and learned much from me I hope, their posts make me proud and I will not identify/embaarrasss them). I still deal more people in PM instead of posts but I wish there wasn't a 100 message limit I run up against all the time.

If someone thinks my claims are false, read my 1st 2 posts in the forum.

Maverick50727
05-22-2012, 01:06 PM
Stephen,
Many thanks to the help you provided me early on. You may not remember these posts, but I’m posting copies of these (my first 2 posts in the forum) as a reminder of what I stand for. Others I deal with in the forum and PMs might find these interesting too.

01-28-2012 01:25 PM
1. Originally Posted by Speed ump
...I enjoy the attack, raid, defend part of the game. I feel that building your base is to facilitate this with money to buy units, etc.....I know since I have a high power level, that I might feel this way. Before I got there I got taken for a lot of money many times, as I was slow to grow my vault and make good defenses. 300k at a time until they weakened me, numerous times. I still enjoyed the game and learning how to do things better. It was a slow process, but I enjoyed it all the way, bruises and all. I'd like to hear what others here may think about this. Do you prefer the base building part of the game most, would you prefer this to be the main goal of the game? Or do you prefer the thrill of the battle the most. Or maybe something altogether different.

REPLY:
Speed ump, I'm new to the forum and don't wish to offend you or anyone. While our paths have not crossed yet, when they do, it sounds like I will have no choice but to join you as an ally if you will have me.

I enjoy the game with all the issues. Base building and the advantages it provides is part of the game, but in the end this is supposed to be a strategy war game. Economy and supplies is a part of any war though. My biggest gripe is people complaining about unit loss, especially those that expect none. Yes there will be losses in war!!! Random loss is good as it adds challenge to the game. IMO a game with no challenge is not worth playing. If people don't want to lose any units in battle their choice was provided in 1983 by WOPR/Joshua in War Games -"A strange game. The only winning move is not to play...". In earlier levels I got pounded repeatedly, but instead of posting foul language on rival walls like some, I would salute them for catching me and my money unprotected. I didn't get a good grasp unfortunately on the logic of the game until I was in the 40's when everything seems to change. But change is good. The only constant is change. If your strategy isn't working, change it! It you can't beat them, join them! That is called an "ally".

With that said even I am unhappy with the high losses in recent weeks. There is random and challenging vs. the Kobayashi Maru. We don't have the luxury of reprogramming the no-win game. I lost 1,000's of points off my stats and many $$$ in lost units. My losses increased tenfold I noticed from one day to the next and thought at first it was something I needed to do and adjust my strategy against a certain player. I reached out to the attackers asking questions, I looked at their stats, unit makeup, my max unit, unit "strong against" ratios, strongest items being brought vs meat shields, nation advantages, base defenses of rivals, etc. But due to the losses to high $$ and valor units, I took the WOPR stance and stopped all attacking from me for days. Before I stopped though, I did tests attacking weaker, equal and stronger rivals, but I lost more valor units in 10 straight attacks against weaker ones than I did in a week's worth of previous attacks!!! I even lost multiple valors (hornets included) against a person with 1/10 def vs. my attack, no base defenses, no nation advantage, didn't have high end gold units, and I wasn't even over my max unit capacity for my allies and level, so all my high casualty meat shields were in play. I stopped attacks for several days and when I resumed the losses were not as damaging as before, but the casualty rate has never been same since. I'm like others in the fact that something drastic happened to at least some of us. I thought maybe it was even a temporary rebalancing efforts put in place by the devs to combat complaints about people who cheated with the crack to give themselves 1,000's in free valor points.

Please don't take the above as whining, just stating the facts. I still play the game every day and will adjust my strategy. I could easily take the knowledge that I have gained in the last few weeks and feel if I started over, I could be 5 times more powerful by the time I reached same level where I'm at now. But where would the fun and challenge be in that? Knowledge is power and when I feel it is the right time I may post a blog thread for newbies of possible strategies to use and what not to do. I have to keep my recently learned secrets that way for now to see if I can overcome 2 weeks of beat down and high casualties.

01-30-2012 11:48 AM
1. Originally Posted by Speed ump
I resemble that last remark at least about the money, I assume you meant 20k. Maverick, I can appreciate your thoughts, getting nasty never helps, and actually draws unwanted attention. A hint, since you are having casualty problems from attacking, even I was, switch to raiding.

REPLY:
Thanks for the tip. But unfortunately everyone at my level has the money protected by high vaults. Raids even net me 5-6 times loss. But I'm going to try a few things.

BTW, yes I'm pretty sure I know more about you than you do me. LOL. I may be new to posting on the forums, but I have read a lot. I don't really hold things against gold players who fight fair, it is those that attack repeatedly and don't go on to the next player. I also don't turtle to build every income building up before playing the game as some, but I may slow leveling. But to just base build defeats the purpose of the game IMO. Like I say, to each his own. There are no right or wrong ways or strategies just successful ones that allow you to reach your goals.

FYI, I can't spend that much so I may never be the biggest fish, but once the bug is fixed I plan on making it to the 90-100 level as either a free non-gold or only use gold for defensive and money producing items, never attack units. At least this time around I want the challenge. That is my goal to make it higher, not the highest or the best win-loss ratio. Maybe we will be allies at some point

Maverick50727
05-22-2012, 01:07 PM
Again as a reminder to some. I don't cheat, never have never will. I play and will stick to my morals.

The Lone Ranger Creed!
By: Fran Striker

"I believe that to have a friend,
a man must be one.

That all men are created equal
and that everyone has within himself
the power to make this a better world.

That God put the firewood there
but that every man
must gather and light it himself.

In being prepared
physically, mentally, and morally
to fight when necessary
for that which is right.

That a man should make the most
of what equipment he has.

That 'This government,
of the people, by the people
and for the people'
shall live always.

That men should live by
the rule of what is best
for the greatest number.

That sooner or later...
somewhere...somehow...
we must settle with the world
and make payment for what we have taken.

That all things change but truth, and that
truth alone, lives on forever. In my
Creator, my country, my fellow man."

What?
05-22-2012, 03:04 PM
Stephen I have no problems with attacks/raids ect. I certainly have no problem attacking people who are rude or otherwise deserve it. What I do have a problem with is you trying to dictate how others should play this game and you trying to enforce your skewed agenda. No one has the right in this game to try and force compliance especially something as insignificant as how many allies a player has. Why take your frustrations out on innocent players when it seems your frustrations should be directed at funzio and the game itself. You claim to have some sort of moral compass and strive to make this game better for all, and then you attack innocent people and call them cowards. Do you not see the hypocrisy?

Thunder Child
05-22-2012, 03:23 PM
Boy, did not realize that guys were doing that, but sure, I don't mind. Tc, is that your name on the game? If so I think you may be a current target for some language or posts being negative to American military, there were two guys they were talking about, cant remember who did what. If so maybe I can help tell you what you need to do to get off that list.Morning all! Woke up to this! Shock! Stephen, it's NOT me! I've sent you a PM, Stephen to make that clear.... Wow, not the best way to wake up!

Thunder Child
05-22-2012, 03:24 PM
Doubt that's our TC. His ingame is Thunder Child.Thanks for holding my corner, Aidan. I've sent a pm to him to stress this is not me.

Thunder Child
05-22-2012, 03:26 PM
He is in!!! We got a heavyweight fight here in the making!!!TC yous in trouble !!!!!Knew I couldn't count on you, though, to respond on my behalf while I was sleeping! from now on, I'm calling you 'slippery Bron' (another rhyme!)

Speed ump
05-22-2012, 03:33 PM
No what I don't see it. Since it is not your view. Then you wil obviuosly feel that way. If funzio is going to make that happen with a fix, as it was never intended that there be a split, then don't see why there would or should be any argument. In a short while, ot will be forced upon everyone by funzio. Also why would anyone feel it's fair to attack up, but we can't see to return the fa or down, very much an unfair advantage.

Aidan
05-22-2012, 03:57 PM
Also why would anyone feel it's fair to attack up, but we can't see to return the fa or down, very much an unfair advantage.

I have to politely disagree with you on that. Not so long ago players from high levels can attack us down and we cant even see you guys in our rival list. Not that we have the capacity to attack you in the first place but it is still unfair. Now that the table is turn, you want to force people to ally up. This is funzio's problem not the players.

Like me, the under 500 players only act for our own survival. I for one do not have 20-30k euros to burn for this game, so i will never be able to challenge you and other whales. If by going under 500 i can avoid you guys, then you can bet i will.

I respect on what yoy and other pirates have done on the racist/offfensive players but this... This is wrong. You can not force people to play how you see it fit. You'll end up killing this very own game that you love. Many will quit if they no longer have fun. Just my honest opinion

SeqWins
05-22-2012, 04:14 PM
Freaking TC I agree with you man f them military guys they are worthless.

What?
05-22-2012, 04:17 PM
Again that is the game parameters and not the players fault. Do you think if I went around on all the pirates boards calling them cowards I would be beaten mercifully for it? So why the double standards? Stephen I have no quarrels with you and I appreciate you coming to the forums and defending your stance. I honestly believe we want the same things such as a playable and fun game. Anyone who follows the forum will tell you I'm also highly critical of funzio with all the glitches and bugs in their programming. The game parameters change weekly and one strategy that you might have had been perfecting for weeks instantly becomes null. These changes can become frustrating, but where we seem to disagree is these changes are not the players fault. There is a valid strategy for players to be below 500 allies. For someone with an all gold army (I'm making an assumption if you do not I'm sorry) casualties may seem foreign to you, but for many it is an everyday occurrence. One way to reduce casualties is to take measures to lessen the frequencies of attacks. One way to do this is to drop below 499 allies. Casualties seem to be linked to the amount of units you bring into combat also. The more units you bring the more of a chance you have to lose those said units. Reducing the amount of units and also managing what units you take to battle also gives you a better chance of less casualties. This is certainly not cowardice it is strategy.

Speed ump
05-22-2012, 04:37 PM
Adian, I was not even aware that us higher guys could see down , bit you could not see up, which I would have complained to funzio about, in fact I had heard the oppisite. The thing about under 500. There are guys who obviously are way under and were never up there. Don't get it, but those guys wernt purposely trying to hide. The one who are obvious are the ones very close to 500. Your own words say it is to hide, you call it strategy. It's to keep from being attacked, which I call hiding. Even my friend maverick has said this. It's not a policy I can agree with. And yes we have all made our obligatory messages to funzio about it and it will be changed soon. If I was aware of the problem adian said, I would have had just as much of a problem, but since I could not drop levels to protest, that time all I could do would have been to complain to funzio. Also it's one a long way to helping me get to general on the rankings, so let's just say that's what I'm doing if it this reason makes you feel better, and it is legitimate too. As with most things, I am competitive. It would be nice to be first to make special ops. So then those guys are my " valor" hits. It will take a lot to get there and there will be some wont be happy with what I have to do to achieve it.

Speed ump
05-22-2012, 04:40 PM
It looks like seqwins might be the real culprit who posted that about the military. Seq, I have already confirmed that thunder child is not the culprit, and trying to put suspicions on him is just not right in this forum. In the game, mis info is perfectly acceptable. We are in the real world here, so please don't take it there.

What?
05-22-2012, 05:42 PM
There is no way to hide in this game. There will always be players in your rivals list and you will always be in someone else's. Besides the casualty rate for non gold players there is also building upgrade costs and trying to earn cash to upgrading them. Without money the war part of the game is pointless as you will be too weak to wage war. For some it may be easy as buying a vault of cash with real money and upgrading. For most however they need to save up and with the vault only at max 10 mil and some upgrades 10/30 even 50x that amount saving that much money is nearly impossible without it being taken. You know probably more than most if you find a player with a lot of money you are going to attack them until you can't anymore and then try back again soon and attack them again. From my estimates you can take more or less close to 60 million from a person in a 24 hour period. If im lucky i can make around 30 million a day, but 60 million can be taken so the math doesn't exactly add up. You have a great advantage in this game that you can defend against 99% of the players giving you the ability to raise vast sums of money unprotected and complete the most expensive upgrades with little or no worry of losing money. Most players are not in this situation and to willingly and knowingly subject myself to becoming a target for valor seekers and the strongest players in this game would be a huge misstep on my part.

Maverick50727
05-22-2012, 05:50 PM
Adian, I was not even aware that us higher guys could see down , bit you could not see up, which I would have complained to funzio about, in fact I had heard the oppisite. The thing about under 500. There are guys who obviously are way under and were never up there. Don't get it, but those guys wernt purposely trying to hide. The one who are obvious are the ones very close to 500. Your own words say it is to hide, you call it strategy. It's to keep from being attacked, which I call hiding. Even my friend maverick has said this. It's not a policy I can agree with. And yes we have all made our obligatory messages to funzio about it and it will be changed soon. If I was aware of the problem adian said, I would have had just as much of a problem, but since I could not drop levels to protest, that time all I could do would have been to complain to funzio. Also it's one a long way to helping me get to general on the rankings, so let's just say that's what I'm doing if it this reason makes you feel better, and it is legitimate too. As with most things, I am competitive. It would be nice to be first to make special ops. So then those guys are my " valor" hits. It will take a lot to get there and there will be some wont be happy with what I have to do to achieve it.

Yes absolutely it has been that way for months. You hit me within 15 minutes of me crosssing the L90 mark which was whale territory at the time. I said hi on your wall, but never saw you again. It was just until within this last week when they changed the rival list to fix the ranking display that suddenly I could see people in high levels. I couldn't see people over L150 for sure. I was always getting hit by people I couldn't see. A blind attack back is insane. If you stole crates in event then I got a revenge option so I could check out who was hitting me. Most of the time it was people with 150K+ stats that i could never see. So yes, we have lived with this ourselves for a long time. I just saw you a few minutes ago in my list finally, but I already used all my stamina. Next time I see you and have the stamina to spare I may tap you a few times to see the damage I might take. It might be the first unofficial fight night for me. See you around. LOL

SeqWins
05-22-2012, 06:00 PM
It looks like seqwins might be the real culprit who posted that about the military. Seq, I have already confirmed that thunder child is not the culprit, and trying to put suspicions on him is just not right in this forum. In the game, mis info is perfectly acceptable. We are in the real world here, so please don't take it there.

Lollololololololol, dude Stephen Speed Ump whatever you like to call yourself. I'm in the Military ! It was a joke! Ummmm yeah lol

Oh and in my real life I play with 50 cals on top of 850 jr you got that? so yeah don't take it there.

Have a great day.

JohnnyR
05-22-2012, 06:24 PM
It's too bad that humor often slips the cracks, oh well.

I have to agree with Aidan on this issue, though I don't have much to add to his complete post.

I will say this, with all the different ways to play this game, what gives anyone the right to force anyone to play a certain way? This is a war game, yes, with attacks and the whole bit, but the idea that I'm gonna be forced to play under pirate rules really gets under my skin.

Poopenshire
05-22-2012, 06:58 PM
It's too bad that humor often slips the cracks, oh well.

I have to agree with Aidan on this issue, though I don't have much to add to his complete post.

I will say this, with all the different ways to play this game, what gives anyone the right to force anyone to play a certain way? This is a war game, yes, with attacks and the whole bit, but the idea that I'm gonna be forced to play under pirate rules really gets under my skin.

As well, yes once upon a time they did clean up certain poetions of the game and they did a service. But, they are not Funzio and did so as vigilantes. I very seriously doubt their actions were sanctioned by Funzio. Now, after getting bored acting as thought and speech police it's seems like any good study on power and power vacuums what we have now is what was once good is acting to police others in more ways. While I agree with most theory behind the need for expanded ranges, threats are not the appropriate way to accomplish this. It's offensive and childish. I believe it's morally wrong on all levels. I know this will make me unpopular, well so be it. Do what you want an say what you want, but do not threaten other players, influence in others but take the school yard tactics back home or leave the game. We do need you no matter howuch money you do or don't spend.

Agent Orange
05-22-2012, 08:34 PM
Perhaps some of it comes from frustration? The rivals list is monumentally screwed up now and the ally list isn't far behind in a different way. This high level mess has been brewing for months and the way the game is currently designed I don't think there is an easy solution.

The rival list seems to have been rejigged again, I can't see any players under me in terms of allies and all I see are players with lots of allies up in the 10's of thousands. I'm sure as I'm writing this my base is being flattened....

I actually think though that being at 499 is a mistake at this point because you are going to get nailed from both sides, those who got rid of allies to go fishing in this area and those who are just on the cusp who can also see down a few levels and come and pick you off.

What Funzio needs to do is open up the flood gates and remove the cap on allies. Granted this could cause a lot of interesting and potentially nasty things but it might also make some sense. I also think the valour goals above L100 need to be fixed. They should be the same concept as those below L100 in that you have to be at the same level as the goal in order to get the bonus. In other words if I have to attack 77 players at L120 I need to also be at L120.

To some degree players are starting to fall into specific categories and they can't see outside of their area but we still need to real work done on this problem and not another flipping event.

Spudboy
05-22-2012, 08:44 PM
Stephen,

Questions for you:

1. In your threats that you posted on people's walls, you called those with less than 499 allies "cowards". Given that you routinely attack people with less than 1/10th of your 315,000 alliance attack score, isn't this the pot calling the kettle black? We"ll ignore the fact that you yourself have less than 499 allies for the moment...

2. In your post on page 9, you said that you only attack "when someone attacks another pirate, makes racist or vulgar comments, or on purpose tries to taunt us". This is flat out BS, so why lie? You actively DO attack others in an unprovoked manner, and frequently it's because they had the sheer audacity to not have enough allies to suit you.

3. If your cause is righteous, then why have you deleted all, self-incriminating and otherwise, comments on your wall in the last 24 hours?

4. Who the ****ens do you think you are, trying to forcibly engineer the dynamics of the game through threats and coercion or becoming a self-appointed MW policeman?? The developers of MW put this constraint of having less than 499 allies into the valor goals themselves, and you and your mob have taken it upon yourselves to bully and manipulate others into doing something they'd rather not do because it's to your own personal advantage. Funzio has NOT changed the valor rules yet, so STOP trying to change them yourself!

Others may blow smoke at you because they are justifiably afraid of what you might do, and you DO have a reputation as a bully, but I'm going to tell you what I think. I notice you use a great number of "I's" and "me's" in your posts. Even at this point, where many people have complained about the tactics of you and your mob, it's all about you and how this situation affects you. I suspect that you are just a short jump away from malignant narcissism, if you haven't already arrived.

JohnnyR
05-22-2012, 08:55 PM
Parting shot wasn't necessary, your post sums it up well enough.

Mad
05-22-2012, 09:19 PM
Perhaps some of it comes from frustration? The rivals list is monumentally screwed up now and the ally list isn't far behind in a different way. This high level mess has been brewing for months and the way the game is currently designed I don't think there is an easy solution.

The rival list seems to have been rejigged again, I can't see any players under me in terms of allies and all I see are players with lots of allies up in the 10's of thousands. I'm sure as I'm writing this my base is being flattened....

I actually think though that being at 499 is a mistake at this point because you are going to get nailed from both sides, those who got rid of allies to go fishing in this area and those who are just on the cusp who can also see down a few levels and come and pick you off.

What Funzio needs to do is open up the flood gates and remove the cap on allies. Granted this could cause a lot of interesting and potentially nasty things but it might also make some sense. I also think the valour goals above L100 need to be fixed. They should be the same concept as those below L100 in that you have to be at the same level as the goal in order to get the bonus. In other words if I have to attack 77 players at L120 I need to also be at L120.

To some degree players are starting to fall into specific categories and they can't see outside of their area but we still need to real work done on this problem and not another flipping event.

Good post. I am struggling to figure out what Funzio is trying to accomplish with all these changes. If I had some idea of the end goal, things could be a bit more predictable.

However, I am getting the sense that Funzio has frustrated big gold spenders at the top (who are becoming quite vocal) and a lot of lower level players like myself doing some serious camping in order to build our economies (an increasingly useless exercise) and others having stumbled into the upper levels are getting pummelled and basically quitting because they can't match the gold power, while others who have some idea what is going on in the higher levels because of this forum are playing hide and seek with the big spenders.

In order to get lower players to move up and stay up Funzio needs to provide them some way of competiting with the big spenders.

Like you said, I don't think there is an easy solution to this, not with the current business model for the game.

Speed ump
05-22-2012, 09:49 PM
Well i was oing to respond to poopen shire until i saw spudboy. 1. I wil have an do attack anyone of any strength. I am one of the strongest so there just arnt any but one at my level who are rivals. I jave fought long wars with some who were my stregh pr stronger. Those are now my allies. I only dropped down to be able to see the ones at this level, which it appears you must be one of. If someone at the upper level wishes a shot at me, id be happy to add a few back and let them have at it. I do not intend to remain at this level, it most definitly is not to hide from anyone. I think even ou can agree this is not my reason for being there.
2 what i posted is vorrect as i stated and toy saying different dosnt cahnge that. I do raid people all the time. That is much different from attack. It staes so each times it happens in your message board. Yes i am attacking, and raiding ones lower down. I have already listed the reasons, which you disagree with
3 i have not deleted a sinle post, so who is the liar. I leave all posts up, other than vital pirate info, from all players. I have nothing o hide, good or bad. Its there for you pr anyone to read . Vould you be looking at the wrong stephen and seeing what you want to see, or making it up? Anyone here may feel free to look at my board and see. The times things were posted will be listed.
4 i habe never said i was or acting on behalf of funzio.funzio themselves have said the 499 thing is a glitch, to be corrected. So ot is not something engineered by gunzio, but a mistake. Who am i? I am me and i play the game how i vhose. You want to be bob the builder, fine. But remember it was you who joined a war game. Its the name of the game , not modern base building, or moden base building and or war and or missions, and or valor goals. I sould chose to hot all players whose name began with the letter f. The ones whose names do will be unhappy. Theones whose dont wont care.
If the game or how someone is playing psets you so much, pleas find something less stressful to you. Its a war game, its vombative, its competitive, its also not or everyone.

Speed ump
05-22-2012, 09:59 PM
And spud, your post should not say questions for you, but points of attack on you. You have no questions at all, you just intended to make your point. My skin is thick i listen to alot of pissed off guys. I might feel that way if i was always on the losing end and was not what i expected. And actually i was there early in the game. I did not verbally atatck the oethers, though i do enjoy a little friendly banter. I just made adjustments to how i played so it would not vontinue. If i vould not do what i did, i would have made other adjustemnts to to my game, and my thinking. Read some of the posts by maverick in this forum. He learnd from some of my staements and suggestion in january that his original intenet of being number one was not possible for him. So he made adjustments to his game and his thinking to acomodate the realities. As far as im conceremed that one of the best strategies ive heard so far, incuding mine. At this point i dont need startegy, though i use it more than you mightthink. My brute force can do whatever i need if i chose. Maverick has not had that torely on. Ha e a talk with him. He has no animosity vor the ones who have more power thqn him. Its the reality of the world. Also im not trying to force anything in the real world, this is a game fellas. Play on

JohnnyR
05-22-2012, 10:09 PM
Thanks for your replies Speed Ump, things are clearer.

mickymacirl
05-23-2012, 12:52 AM
Interesting reading..

General Insane misread a quote naming me as an ally of Baitui or whatever his name is, the pirates are hitting him 24/7.

For a constant 3 days I was attacked by pirate members and it's only AFTER I explained to one of their members that it was a misquote did this stop.

In fairness it did stop, after a lot of wall posts, scary couple of days!

Jhoemel
05-23-2012, 02:03 AM
Interesting reading..

General Insane misread a quote naming me as an ally of Baitui or whatever his name is, the pirates are hitting him 24/7.

For a constant 3 days I was attacked by pirate members and it's only AFTER I explained to one of their members that it was a misquote did this stop.

In fairness it did stop, after a lot of wall posts, scary couple of days!

Thats scary, did your stats drop?

mickymacirl
05-23-2012, 02:14 AM
Thats scary, did your stats drop?

Yep a couple of thousand each.... doesnt help with losing high value valor units!

Jhoemel
05-23-2012, 03:09 AM
Yep a couple of thousand each.... doesnt help with losing high value valor units!

Aww that really hurts man

Poopenshire
05-23-2012, 04:46 AM
Well, I do have to say one thing about speed ump, he is not afraid to stand his ground. Props to you on that. It seems not matter what we we argue about the core here is sheer frustration with the current game mechanics. Granted we have differing opinions on secodary effects and how they are dealt with, but at the core, it's still fundamentally flawed game mechanics. It took me overnight to sleep on all we have said in this thread and I have to say while I don't agree with certain tactics, they may be the last resort of some people to affect change. Maybe from this we can pull together enough players to affect change that will benefit us all. I believe we need to have an organized and well thought out response to these issues for Funzio. We should not flood them with tickets to fix issues I sure they know about. What we should do is really try to get more open discussions with forum Mods into ways to improve the game or identify real issues. I know right now the Mods are very busy, but we need to interact with them in a constructive manner that will help.

Thunder Child
05-23-2012, 05:21 AM
Well, I do have to say one thing about speed ump, he is not afraid to stand his ground. Props to you on that. It seems not matter what we we argue about the core here is sheer frustration with the current game mechanics. Granted we have differing opinions on secodary effects and how they are dealt with, but at the core, it's still fundamentally flawed game mechanics. It took me overnight to sleep on all we have said in this thread and I have to say while I don't agree with certain tactics, they may be the last resort of some people to affect change. Maybe from this we can pull together enough players to affect change that will benefit us all. I believe we need to have an organized and well thought out response to these issues for Funzio. We should not flood them with tickets to fix issues I sure they know about. What we should do is really try to get more open discussions with forum Mods into ways to improve the game or identify real issues. I know right now the Mods are very busy, but we need to interact with them in a constructive manner that will help.A very fair and balanced assessment, I think Poop. Would wrap up this thread nicely, but doubt that is going to be an end to it, though!

Maverick50727
05-23-2012, 06:25 AM
And spud, your post should not say questions for you, but points of attack on you. You have no questions at all, you just intended to make your point. My skin is thick i listen to alot of pissed off guys. I might feel that way if i was always on the losing end and was not what i expected. And actually i was there early in the game. I did not verbally atatck the oethers, though i do enjoy a little friendly banter. I just made adjustments to how i played so it would not vontinue. If i vould not do what i did, i would have made other adjustemnts to to my game, and my thinking. Read some of the posts by maverick in this forum. He learnd from some of my staements and suggestion in january that his original intenet of being number one was not possible for him. So he made adjustments to his game and his thinking to acomodate the realities. As far as im conceremed that one of the best strategies ive heard so far, incuding mine. At this point i dont need startegy, though i use it more than you mightthink. My brute force can do whatever i need if i chose. Maverick has not had that torely on. Ha e a talk with him. He has no animosity vor the ones who have more power thqn him. Its the reality of the world. Also im not trying to force anything in the real world, this is a game fellas. Play on
Yes I'm sticking my neck out. Speed ump is one of the few pirates that I see help people in the forum. There are others that do to, but they don't make their membership in the pirate nation common knowledge. You can read what I said. While I don't agree with all of his or his teams opinions and actions, I still have much respect for him and his team and will conduct myself as such. Yes, absolutely I was outraged when I first found out that money can buy invincibility. But then I realized, why would this game be any different from the real world as it is run by business trying to make money. I adapted my game accordingly.

You probably will notice that I declined to move to 500 allies at this time, but will eventually when it meets my strategies. I do understand his issues with people over 500 not being able to see people less, which I didn't know for sure until he confirmed. He also didn't know that they could attack down but people couldn't attack up, so maybe some common ground can be found and attacks be staved for a while as a gesture of good faith. Many people make it an us and them thing when talking about low end and whale players. While it is a war game, strategy and allies are part of it. I'm not a ally with stephen at this time, but I have found he hasn't attacked me like others out of respect and gave me a warning. I hope he respects my decisions why I say no, I'm not mining valor, cheating, etc.

I could have taunted his team saying. Ha ha attack me all you want, you will do no damage as I have the low loss bug. But no I declined in a respectful manner. In fact if you look at his wall, you should see where I attacked him last night 10 times and raided his EMP 5 times. Even asked him to hit me back so data could be provided to devs to make the game better and more fair for all.

JohnnyR
05-23-2012, 06:30 AM
So what did you lose on that run there Mav? Highly curious.

Maverick50727
05-23-2012, 07:34 AM
So what did you lose on that run there Mav? Highly curious.
I lost 0 units. Which is why I've been working with JMC and hopefully soon the devs to put an end to this. I want a fair fight and it makes me mad to find I'm a victim of some bug and all the and strategies, time, etc I done over the months in testing may be null and void. I stick by my strategies and all logic says they should work, but not like this.

I'm steamed. It doesn't help that I just finished some PMs with another person who was analyzing a person stronger then me by comparing our units and profiles. Come to find out the peson is an obvious hacker in my eyes. 4 Trillion in cash units (not even all of them, just the heavier ones) and on a income between 150-200K .

War player
05-23-2012, 07:35 AM
Wow, when I started this thread, I didn't see it ending up like this.

The reason 499 allies is a key, is that when you reach a certain number of valor missions, the only valor missions that are left are for defeating folks with 499 or more allies. Each time you complete one of these missions, the next one is the same..defeat so many rivals with 499 or more allies. At high levels, many have reached this cap and the only valor mission they can complete is winning battles against rivals with 499 allies or more. Because of the huge hits most take on valor units, the only way to get whole again is to get the valor points for completing these valor missions.

The new ranking system has led to many going to PvP attacks. Because of the large hits you take to valor units when you attack, it's critical to have these PvP attacks count towards completeing the valor missions. It's really the only way you can get made whole. If you do raids, you lose valor units, and can't be made whole as you only earn one or two valor points for each raid. However, when you complete one of the valor missions, you get 2,000 valor points, which usually is enough to make you whole again. Raiding is still happening, but the real way to keep somewhat ahead is doing PvP attacks that earn credit towards the valor missions.

Completing the valor missions is very key to the game.

The 499 ally threshold has really zero to do with not being able to see anyone. It has to do with folks trying to complete the many, MANY valor missions that require one to defeat rivals with 499 allies or higher. By putting yourself at 499 allies (or higher), you become the target of HUNDREDS of folks trying to earn valor missions who's only targets are those with 499 allies or more.

That's the way the game is set up.

If you look at some of the folks that are above 500, many of them have defenses around 20,000 or less. If you try to attack them, most of the time you can't because they've already been attacked to the max. If you watch them over time, you see their points quickly are going down. You can watch it yourself. These poor guys are really done with the game.

Now, you have someone that doesn't like the way the game is set up. These guys can come here and try to explain whatever they want. They can answer whatever questions they want. The bottom line is that they are bullying folks into a situation where they can't play the game much longer. That's just the fact. No other explaination is needed. If the bully feels better about himself by coming on this board and telling everyone he's gonig to bully hundreds of players because he doesn't like the way the game is set up, that's fine.

He calls me a coward because I'm not over 499 allies. Well, if wanting to continue to play the game and not wanting to spend thousands of dollars playing the game makes me a coward, then I'm a coward. I've been called worse before. I will play the game as long as I can, and if I don't cave into the bully and he puts me out of the game, that's fine. That's the right he purchased.

I will say that this coward finds it extremely funny that there are folks that spend thousands of dollars in order to get off on this power trip to bully folks around in a game. But that's just one coward's opinion.

Fong123
05-23-2012, 07:39 AM
Well said, especially as this is just a GAME. I wonder if any sane player will do what he asks. In the real world, though... may be I will be forced to comply. Hit us as you wish! The forum is where we hit back and tells him loud and clear what we think of him.

JohnnyR
05-23-2012, 07:42 AM
Dang Mav, sorry to hear that! Impressive that you've the scruples to limit yourself in attack and valor mining. I can see a lesser player taking full advantage, especially with the BPs rolling in. Hat's off.

bilbo baggins
05-23-2012, 08:42 AM

It is the same in the real world. A lot of people with a large amount of money feel that they can do what they like, to whom they like, whenever they like without any fear of the consequences.

Sort of a "why should I listen to you peasant" attitude. When you have cash nearly everyone you meet will bend over backwards to help you as normally you will be either 1) about to spend some of your cash with them and make them some money or 2) You are about to spend some of your cash on them and thus will make them happier.

Try telling anyone with over $10m what to do (in their spare time) the only hope you have is if you have $100m and are inviting them on to your Azimut.

Maverick50727
05-23-2012, 08:54 AM
Dang Mav, sorry to hear that! Impressive that you've the scruples to limit yourself in attack and valor mining. I can see a lesser player taking full advantage, especially with the BPs rolling in. Hat's off.
Yes, but I think I might go ahead and continue. I still play. If I stopped when I got glitches I might not have been able to play since March-April. I can't wait for ever on Funzio to fix things, I've been adapting for weeks to maybe be in better situation if high losses return.

Yes I feel like I'm shooting myself in the foot by attempting to take away my low loss glitch. I just hope that it doens't come down to Maverick is fixed, but in order for everyone else to be fixed it will be another update months in the making. Meanwhile everyone starts beating on me.

Speed ump
05-23-2012, 04:39 PM
And what excuse will be used when funzio eliminates the under 500 issue. Then you will appear to all again. So then I guess you can bad mouth funzio since your temporary relief will be gone. It would not matter if I also had lower stats, I would feel the same way. You can come one here all you wish and explain all you wish and it won't change the coward moniker. You are indeed hiding. That's been stated as a fact, by all, that that is what each one is doing. I have another game that I don't realy play, and it's says are low about 12k at level 33. I will be bringing it up as I have time. Ot will be
A low stat game always. But I will not hide from anyone. Let them have at it. I just want to play war with all. Stomp his but if you see him. Same name, same flag. I won't get mad in the least. Hit him for any reason you care to name. It dosnt matter, I just want to fight. I play war, not hide and seek, but even in war, some hide, others seek, then when they
Find, they get a fight. Sound familiar. In war an army may try to force another army into the jaws of a trap. Sound familiar. Some want to make moral issues out of a game. You chose a war game, and I chose to war on whoever I can , and whoever I chose. I do not apologize for this. If you attack me, please never apologize. You played war on me. I accept that since I know I joined a war game. By the way, I am ex army military intelligence. So I chose to play this game more closely to real life than you might want. No one said war was pretty guys. In fact it's downright ugly. Maybe this makes It just a little bit more realistic.

spectra
05-23-2012, 04:53 PM
And what excuse will be used when funzio eliminates the under 500 issue. Then you will appear to all again. So then I guess you can bad mouth funzio since your temporary relief will be gone. It would not matter if I also had lower stats, I would feel the same way. You can come one here all you wish and explain all you wish and it won't change the coward moniker. You are indeed hiding. That's been stated as a fact, by all, that that is what each one is doing. I have another game that I don't realy play, and it's says are low about 12k at level 33. I will be bringing it up as I have time. Ot will be
A low stat game always. But I will not hide from anyone. Let them have at it. I just want to play war with all. Stomp his but if you see him. Same name, same flag. I won't get mad in the least. Hit him for any reason you care to name. It dosnt matter, I just want to fight. I play war, not hide and seek, but even in war, some hide, others seek, then when they
Find, they get a fight. Sound familiar. In war an army may try to force another army into the jaws of a trap. Sound familiar. Some want to make moral issues out of a game. You chose a war game, and I chose to war on whoever I can , and whoever I chose. I do not apologize for this. If you attack me, please never apologize. You played war on me. I accept that since I know I joined a war game. By the way, I am ex army military intelligence. So I chose to play this game more closely to real life than you might want. No one said war was pretty guys. In fact it's downright ugly. Maybe this makes It just a little bit more realistic.

I agree
I really hate players that after they attacked me, the post "sorry, doing valor missions" or "sorry, ranking up"
what the hell is that, it is a WAR game no need for "SORRY"
I only post "SORRY" on a player wall when I actually attacked them by mistake (Specially if he is way stronger than me)
Otherwise ALL IS FARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-->FISH<--
05-23-2012, 04:53 PM
Sounds good coming from the guy with the most toys. The question is if you were only a free player what would your stratagy be, against players like yourself? That's why our stratagy is to build and survive. There is no way to continually be love tapped by bigger armies and enjoy or survive those battles on a daily basis. No, matter how hard you want to win it just isn't going to happen. I do think CC Mark's post today does help.

el_gringo
05-23-2012, 04:58 PM
Speed Ump, you mention that one of the 'crimes' that people have committed in order to be targeted is something to do with their views or what they've said about the US military.

Can you expand on this? Its one thing if people are posting inflamatory remarks about an individual soldier, but if someones said that they don't support or actively dislike US forces, it seems to me to be extremely xenophobic and morally wrong to go after them in this way. In fact the people I've met who have been most disparaging about the US forces are all British military or ex military, but thats a different story.

And I say that as someone who is 50/50 from a proud 'don't' knock our boys' British background and 50% German 'war is evil and all soldiers willing to be deployed offensively are scumbags' background.

Also when it comes to bad language, please consider that other players may come from parts of the world where swear words either don't exist, or have completely different levels of offense. In Germany "S**t" is a term used on daytime TV and by kindergarten teachers, and calling someone a monkey is quite a playful 'you dummy' type insult, but in Britain 'sh** is banned from TV before 9pm and calling someone a monkey could land you behind bars.

What?
05-23-2012, 05:13 PM
Occupy the forums we are the 99%!

Agent Orange
05-23-2012, 05:41 PM
Sounds good coming from the guy with the most toys. The question is if you were only a free player what would your stratagy be, against players like yourself? That's why our stratagy is to build and survive. There is no way to continually be love tapped by bigger armies and enjoy or survive those battles on a daily basis. No, matter how hard you want to win it just isn't going to happen. I do think CC Mark's post today does help.

Be a Pirate..... (coming from a guy who IS a free player, well ok I was given some gold when I had some major issues with my account and I did buy gold to open a few crates but other than that I haven't spent a lot meaning a lot less than $100 in total)

I think CC Mark's post is misleading. I attack hi and low stat players and I think the missing link is the composition of the rivals forces. I wish we could see the stats of the attacker as that would help someone like me who is fine tuning their defences to specifically target a rivals air and sea forces.

Chimera
05-23-2012, 07:36 PM
So I chose to play this game more closely to real life than you might want.

Nothing could be further from “real life” than the web. There is not a larger hiding place than the web. In the context of the game there may be hiding and seeking but really all players are hidden from each other. Are we really who we say we are? I’m not accusing anyone of deception but really, does anyone use their real name? I only see Avatar’s, not portraits. Everyone who attacks in MW remains anonymous. My strategy is to remain anonymous and attack others. Yes, it’s cowardly, but fun!

-->FISH<--
05-23-2012, 08:11 PM
[QUOTE=Agent Orange;237092]Be a pirate......

Is there an aplication? Not trying to be a smart a$$.

SeqWins
05-23-2012, 08:15 PM
No one said war was pretty guys. In fact it's downright ugly. Maybe this makes It just a little bit more realistic.

Sounds like you've got some experience, you been anywhere hooah?

Speed ump
05-23-2012, 09:40 PM
If the guys were posting political dissatisfaction with the military actions of the US, I have no issue with that.if you call disabled vets lazy, good for nothing's just waiting for the next government check, then yes we're going to have issues. Those are the kind of differences I'm talking about. Not shades of gray, but black and white. The last one speaking claimed to be British army. One of my best friends on here is ex British military. Great guy. I worked with the British military in Iraq, and every one of them were great at what they did. In no way would I try to say that the offenses are because they are British. My friend here would take great issue with what was said, and has done so. The one who posted about the disabled vets was not ex military. I'm sure it was posted to get a rise out of the two players on my team he was referring to. I won't go ino why that is wrong on so many levels, I'm sure it's quite obvious.

Jp lfs
05-23-2012, 09:49 PM
If the guys were posting political dissatisfaction with the military actions of the US, I have no issue with that.if you call disabled vets lazy, good for nothing's just waiting for the next government check, then yes we're going to have issues. Those are the kind of differences I'm talking about. Not shades of gray, but black and white. The last one speaking claimed to be British army. One of my best friends on here is ex British military. Great guy. I worked with the British military in Iraq, and every one of them were great at what they did. In no way would I try to say that the offenses are because they are British. My friend here would take great issue with what was said, and has done so. The one who posted about the disabled vets was not ex military. I'm sure it was posted to get a rise out of the two players on my team he was referring to. I won't go ino why that is wrong on so many levels, I'm sure it's quite obvious.

And you would have the support of most or all of us below the threshold to help stop the racial, profane, and especially the sexually offensive remarks if you ever wanted it. I did not know that one of the ladies on here had been harassed recently, and I will certainly be watching for that player in the future.

Some lines shouldn't be crossed... game or not.

Speed ump
05-23-2012, 10:00 PM
This is true. It's a part of what the pirates do when ot pops up. I'm surprised at just how many there used to be doing it. I think our presence has made guys think more about what they were doing. Some that were even agreed that it was wrong once it was pointed out. The game is combative and some let it get to them. Some have spouted very racist remarks, and then say they're not really racist. What? I've said it many times, if the game bothers you so much that you feel the need to go there, it's time to step away.

Jp lfs
05-23-2012, 10:05 PM
Absolutely agree about the racism, and I have no use for the sexually abusive and threatening remarks I have seen. I usually try to comment their walls politely asking them to stop, but I don't have the cannon you do to back it up, so I don't get the immediate compliance.

Luke7676
05-23-2012, 10:23 PM
Yeah I wouldn't put up with that bs from ppl either. As far as harrasment and all goes, toward anyone and especially a female.. That's how we take care of things in my clan on the 360. We do not tollerate harrasment or abuse. We see it and put a end to it on the battlefield. Sure it's a game but that shouldn't make any differance.
You should still respect one another despite your loses or gains..

Agent Orange
05-24-2012, 04:17 AM
[QUOTE=Agent Orange;237092]Be a pirate......

Is there an aplication? Not trying to be a smart a$$.

No, I happened to be allies with the founding members so was invited.

Agent Orange
05-24-2012, 04:18 AM
Yeah I wouldn't put up with that bs from ppl either. As far as harrasment and all goes, toward anyone and especially a female.. That's how we take care of things in my clan on the 360. We do not tollerate harrasment or abuse. We see it and put a end to it on the battlefield. Sure it's a game but that shouldn't make any differance.

I think you nailed it, what I saw was a serious lack of respect by some players and that started the ball rolling.

Poopenshire
05-24-2012, 05:51 AM

The point of this tread was not about abuse of women and inappropriate remarks about the military. it was about threats to player who did none of the above and chose to play the game in a different manner than those in the higher levels feel is acceptable. Let's keep this on topic. The behavior about which this thread was started is still and always will be unacceptable. I said before the actions taken to clean up the game were more than welcomed and to be honest we are thankful for it. But, it stops there. This thread was started due to threats against players for not having "enough" allies.

mickymacirl
05-24-2012, 06:32 AM
Nod that's very true!

War player
05-24-2012, 06:36 AM
LOL!! Great stuff!!! This is very entertaining reading!!

1. Getting all uptight about getting attacked, cussing, racist remarks, etc.. is very childish
2. Threatening people who don't play the game the way they want them to is also very childish
3. Spending THOUSANDS of dollars on a free game so one can feel "important" and bully other folks around is, well, I don't know what to call that.

I'm starting to get more fun out of reading this BBS than actually playing the game!!!

Hmm
05-24-2012, 08:10 AM
I do think CC Mark's post today does help.
I cannot find the post. Please post the link. Thx in advance.

Speed ump
05-24-2012, 10:24 AM
War player, why do you and others want to tell us and everyone else the reasons why we spend what we do. It's not to feel I portent, it's not to bully others. In each case it was to keep ahead of oponents who were attacking, so a response which some of us just happen to have the ability to do. From those kinds of statements it sure makes you seem jealous and envious. So you feel the need to degrade the ones who can. I don't try to degrade the ones who can't. Some in out group are free players. They don't think the higher level guys feel this way, and they're not memebers because they are afraid of us either as some have tried to say. They are willing to attack the strongest guys, knowing they will lose and receive retaliation. Based on number two, any time you attack another player who is attacking a friend of yours, in the hopes of getting him to stop, is indeed trying to force that player into playing differently. The reason dosnt matter. War is about using force to change your oponents behavior. That what all wars boil down to. If you never want to me to attack you, find another game. In this game I will attack, I will raid. And so does every person here. If someone attacks you, you attack back to try to change their behavior to keep from attacking you. Some kept low to get out of the frying pan. Now the pot is hotter down low, so maybe time to go back up. All the players higher up forced you down, they modified , or bullied you into doing it. Where the complaints about them

Mcdoc
05-27-2012, 07:00 AM
Speed / AO: I'm on the fence about this issue of the "Pirates Code". As a Former Navy Corpsman, I suppose it's my nature To "protect" the weak. I totally get the mission to pumble anyone out there making racists or hateful remarks - in fact I applaud it - standing up against injustice is very admirable. Heck if that's the mission - sign me up!

I truly enjoy the "Special Ops" or "Elite Forces" aspect of being in the Military - and that's how I mostly viewed the Pirates until recently seeing a ton of complaints about Bullying (beyond the 499 Allies issues). I consider myself on the level of an Elite Player and would be honored to join forces with other Elite Players in the Batman role of standing up against injustice :) I think it's awesome that you guys are organized and have planning "meetings" & strategize. I can only assume that next to my experience of commaradare on the Forums - an in-game clan that you have to be invited into would add a whole new dimension of fun to the game!

In Star Wars Galxies - i throughly enjoyed being part of a Clan - and loved the 2 sides of War the game nautarally built-in with Jedi Forces vs the Dark Side - but in War - I love the "Chain of Command" and strategy that goes into running a Special Ops Unit. But being part of an Elite Force comes with some responsibility of how you make the rest of the unit look when one individual acts foolish.

As with any "organization" with power, people are people and some folks responsibly handle power with grace and humility - while others get a little TOO big for their britches when they take a position of influence or power and become part of the problem.

I know that you guys try to keep the image of the pirates intact - but it does seem that there is some rogue bullying out there with some of the posts on walls that reflect "I'm going to submit your name to the hit list".

So in the sport of War, I would think the Pirates would welcome a fun challenge from another group who may form against the pirates - kinda like calling yourselves Cowboys and expecting to find someone to role play the "Indians" as a rival - per say.

Just yesterday - I saw a post where a guy claimed to be a Pirate post on someone's wall that he was going to bring the wrath of the pirates to this player simply because he had made some post trying to encourage people to stand up to the Pirates. To me, that seemed like bullying - beyond the part that I stated earlier as admirable. I made a simple statement: "Silly Pirate - Bullying is for cowards -LoL" as a play on the "Silly Rabbit - Trix are for kids" - and now FLD Marshal Paul posted in very poor grammar on my wall that I have now Volunteered to be a Pirate Customer.

This is the kind of childish tactics that has stirred so much hatred against the Pirates: individual players hiding beind the pirates cause to act like a coward.

I dunno - even Pirates sometimes have to walk the plank - but I would hope that there is actually enough honor among Pirates to recognize criticism and / or humor as friendly bantor in a "War Game". So if I am indeed now a target based off one person's cowardly actions - then I suppose my steady work to build a powerful player will be tested. I know I can hold my own against most - so we'll see. But if indeed Speed is at the top of the Chain (And AO is there also) - then I trust my name will be honored for the contributions I have made to help others and will be passed over this childish threat.

BTW - many props for the high rankings on the PvP Leaderboard. I'm honored to be listed among you.

Dreno33
05-27-2012, 08:42 AM
@McDoc ~ Pirates vs. the British?

Oh Dear, I believe those be Pirates on the Starport side, I better get this shipment of spices and tobacco to the harbor before days end!

Poopenshire
05-27-2012, 08:53 AM
Dreno, did you mean starboard side?

War Priest
05-27-2012, 08:58 AM
The only thing I don't agree with is name calling when somebody is under 500 allies. Sure, attack them all you want but I don't agree with calling them names because of it. Most people don't even know how the alliance works. There are very few people outside the forums who actually know that. That is why you see level 100's with 5 allies and and level 50's with 5,000 allies. They are clueless.

Poopenshire
05-27-2012, 08:58 AM
@McDoc,

Sounds like you have found a few Pirates who are for sure too big for their britches. If you beat me up or insult me I will tell my big brother to beat you up. This is ripe for serious problems. Like I said in a previous post in this thread, its a slippery slope from the righteous leaders with great purpose, to the just another power hungry despot.

Mcdoc
05-27-2012, 01:14 PM
If I were to start an "Elite Ops" team - I would make people QUALIFY with some Elite stats & have a Maturity about them to keep our cause honorable. I admire that there are meetings at the Pirates Den - but I am left to wonder if there is a tight control over the "Hit List" for actual racist remarks or truly offensive behavior or if anyone can put a name there for ANY reason - including:

"I'm a wimp and can't hold my own and if you attack me - rather than take it like a man - I'm gonna whimper & whine to my gang of friends".

I'm ALL about the Neighborhood Watch program looking out for Car Break-ins and graffiti - but when a few people on the Watch carry Spray Cans with them and start Tagging other neighborhoods - then they become part of the problem.

Hellstorm
05-27-2012, 01:22 PM
The pirates are overrated, I've had a few attack me and lose... They put some stupid threads on my wall. I just deleted and didn't reply. Just don't provoke or some bigger fish might look for you.

Copenhagen
05-27-2012, 01:33 PM
If I were to start an "Elite Ops" team - I would make people QUALIFY with some Elite stats & have a Maturity about them to keep our cause honorable. I admire that there are meetings at the Pirates Den - but I am left to wonder if there is a tight control over the "Hit List" for actual racist remarks or truly offensive behavior or if anyone can put a name there for ANY reason - including:

"I'm a wimp and can't hold my own and if you attack me - rather than take it like a man - I'm gonna whimper & whine to my gang of friends".

I'm ALL about the Neighborhood Watch program looking out for Car Break-ins and graffiti - but when a few people on the Watch carry Spray Cans with them and start Tagging other neighborhoods - then they become part of the problem.

Don't have a personal Pirate story, but from reading the thread it sounds like although Speed Ump founded the group he may no longer fit as one of them with their warped values. The organization has grown and evolved outside of its original intentions. Jettison the losers or start a new "batman" gang (cr McDoc).

Poopenshire
05-27-2012, 01:43 PM
Don't have a personal Pirate story, but from reading the thread it sounds like although Speed Ump founded the group he may no longer fit as one of them with their warped values. The organization has grown and evolved outside of its original intentions. Jettison the losers or start a new "batman" gang (cr McDoc).

Most of the group may still be acting in a proper manner. you always have finge individuals who do what they want. but look at the first post here, and Speed Ump is acting in the same manner as those we are seeing around the place. threatening simply becuase someone has less than 500 allies. the fringe guys see this and may not understand whats behind it. they may see it as permission or an excuse to act as they see fit because no one is there to reign them in.

Hellstorm
05-27-2012, 01:52 PM
You people make them so mysterious and strong, you make them look like an organized group with lead and a center. Hey are none of that... A bunch of modern war hicks. You drive a legend that doesn't exist.

Poopenshire
05-27-2012, 02:47 PM
You people make them so mysterious and strong, you make them look like an organized group with lead and a center. Hey are none of that... A bunch of modern war hicks. You drive a legend that doesn't exist.

I don't think too many forum members are making them out to be legends. I do thing too many forum members are being silent on this one though. those who are members and wish not to speak, thats ok as its a conflict of interest and they can stay quiet. But others should speak up as well.

Desas
05-27-2012, 02:58 PM
I don't think too many forum members are making them out to be legends. I do thing too many forum members are being silent on this one though. those who are members and wish not to speak, thats ok as its a conflict of interest and they can stay quiet. But others should speak up as well.

Well... I am too small (for the time being) to be important or noticed by pirates (L72) - but i would support forum members if somehow a fight between members & pirates would occur, especially if this would be a matter of standing up against unfair behavior.

Even if I would have to ruin my currently good w/l ratio being 3000/59

War Priest
05-27-2012, 03:00 PM

All I have to say is no need for name calling. Many people don't even know about how ally count works so calling them cowards or saying they are hiding is uncalled for. Not many players outside the foums know how the game properly works.

I could care less about what they do or who they attack. Sure call them cowards if they comment rudely to you, but don't just randomly go to a wall and say you hiding coward. Also remember, many young kids play this so nobody sounds badass calling a 10 year old a coward.

MaverickMunkey
05-27-2012, 03:02 PM
I feel violated! Speed just visited my base and completely brutalised me - I want my 4 Super Hornets and 3 Venal Fighters back!:D

Poopenshire
05-27-2012, 03:04 PM
All I have to say is no need for name calling. Many people don't even know about how ally count works so calling them cowards or saying they are hiding is uncalled for. Not many players outside the foums know how the game properly works.

I could care less about what they do or who they attack. Sure call them cowards if they comment rudely to you, but don't just randomly go to a wall and say you hiding coward. Also remember, many young kids play this so nobody sounds badass calling a 10 year old a coward.

thank you well said.

Poopenshire
05-27-2012, 03:05 PM
I feel violated! Speed just visited my base and completely brutalised me - I want my 4 Super Hornets and 3 Venal Fighters back!:D

In this instance I would side with speed ump. the man is going for number 1 in the contest. I wish him the best of luck as well as our own forum members who are in the contention.

War Priest
05-27-2012, 03:07 PM
In this instance I would side with speed ump. the man is going for number 1 in the contest. I wish him the best of luck as well as our own forum members who are in the contention.

Haha, yep.

MaverickMunkey
05-27-2012, 03:21 PM

Hey as has been said previously it is a war game so I expect it! I get pummelled every day at the moment so am used to it -but never so brutally!

Hopefully it was just a single visit and not the start of a repeat farming session!

Poopenshire
05-27-2012, 03:22 PM
Hey as has been said previously it is a war game so I expect it! I get pummelled every day at the moment so am used to it -but never so brutally!

Hopefully it was just a single visit and not the start of a repeat farming session!

I figured you were ok with it, just wanted to have a little fun thats all.

MaverickMunkey
05-27-2012, 03:28 PM
I figured you were ok with it, just wanted to have a little fun thats all.

You git!!!! :p

Poopenshire
05-27-2012, 03:31 PM
You git!!!! :p

I know, I know. I figured it would get more people involved with this thread. But I am glad you joined it. I have a feeling too many people are afraid of being "marked" if they comment here.

Copenhagen
05-27-2012, 03:34 PM
Most of the group may still be acting in a proper manner. you always have finge individuals who do what they want. but look at the first post here, and Speed Ump is acting in the same manner as those we are seeing around the place. threatening simply becuase someone has less than 500 allies. the fringe guys see this and may not understand whats behind it. they may see it as permission or an excuse to act as they see fit because no one is there to reign them in.

Reread and agree with you Poop. More recent posts seem to have a more refined approach.

MaverickMunkey
05-27-2012, 03:43 PM
I know, I know. I figured it would get more people involved with this thread. But I am glad you joined it. I have a feeling too many people are afraid of being "marked" if they comment here.

Hey personally I feel that my stats are poor for my level (even so I still find people with lower) because at the start of the game I levelled too quickly before finding this forum and am too impaitent to camp as I like completing the missions - so don't even bother checking the news feed anymore to find out who visited. It was only because I got a notification saying someone had attacked an I had won money off them and was so surprised by this (even more so when I found out that they had left a $50k gift!!!) that I noticed that Speed had visited and butched my valor units!

I know I will never be a top level challenger but enjoy both this and the KA forum (I started that game using the knowledge learnt off this forum and have definitely not made the same mistakes!) and the game definitely occupies my time when at work and I do enjoy it despite the beatings!

(PS: still gutted that they changed the casulty rate on the venal fighter as I had over 100 before they did and now they die too quickly.)

Poopenshire
05-27-2012, 03:50 PM
Hey personally I feel that my stats are poor for my level (even so I still find people with lower) because at the start of the game I levelled too quickly before finding this forum and am too impaitent to camp as I like completing the missions - so don't even bother checking the news feed anymore to find out who visited. It was only because I got a notification saying someone had attacked an I had won money off them and was so surprised by this (even more so when I found out that they had left a $50k gift!!!) that I noticed that Speed had visited and butched my valor units!

I know I will never be a top level challenger but enjoy both this and the KA forum (I started that game using the knowledge learnt off this forum and have definitely not made the same mistakes!) and the game definitely occupies my time when at work and I do enjoy it despite the beatings!

(PS: still gutted that they changed the casulty rate on the venal fighter as I had over 100 before they did and now they die too quickly.)

I hate camping too, although I do take breaks alot. I am also not a fan of PVP, but I do partake. I love the PVE. For me thats what keeps me leveling up. I start at map one and master it. then to map 2 and master it. If I hadn't found the forums who knows where I would be. I still want to really do the PVE and complete every map to full mastery.

stricker
05-27-2012, 03:52 PM
pit stops...

edit... that would be a different kind of stop for you though poop

Poopenshire
05-27-2012, 03:53 PM
pit stops...

I do remember to wash my hands too!

Hellstorm
05-27-2012, 04:17 PM
If you get hit all the time and you can't repell the attacks/raids that means you need to work on your defense. What's your defense? And how many allies do you have?

Poopenshire
05-27-2012, 04:23 PM
If you get hit all the time and you can't repell the attacks/raids that means you need to work on your defense. What's your defense? And how many allies do you have?

Hellstorm, Monkey is talking about people with values in the hundreds of thousands with full gold armies.

MaverickMunkey
05-27-2012, 05:20 PM
I hate camping too, although I do take breaks alot. I am also not a fan of PVP, but I do partake. I love the PVE. For me thats what keeps me leveling up. I start at map one and master it. then to map 2 and master it. If I hadn't found the forums who knows where I would be. I still want to really do the PVE and complete every map to full mastery.

That is my goal as well!

Hellstorm
05-27-2012, 05:56 PM
In my opinion camping in the low levels is a waste of time due to the high excess of unvaulted money. Money all over, everybody has it, you just need to take it ;)

MaverickMunkey
05-27-2012, 06:08 PM
In my opinion camping in the low levels is a waste of time due to the high excess of unvaulted money. Money all over, everybody has it, you just need to take it ;)

Unfortunately, starting to camp at my level (115) is a waste of time as well so may as well put my head down and charge along!

Hellstorm
05-27-2012, 07:28 PM
Yeah, I'm lvl 102... I have stopped pvp due to the huge casualties I have had. But pve levels somebody up pretty good as well, so I consider myself as a partial camper ;) focusing on defense

Poopenshire
05-27-2012, 07:30 PM
Yeah, I'm lvl 102... I have stopped pvp due to the huge casualties I have had. But pve levels somebody up pretty good as well, so I consider myself as a partial camper ;) focusing on defense

You can't camp. Your not playing the game the way the Pirates want. Your gonna get warned very sternly! Oh, and bullied until you play their way.

Speed ump
05-27-2012, 10:46 PM
Of course he will poop. And the new events, with more to follow, along with the new ranks syetem will eliminate the aberrant(lol) behavior.youll be attacked in the hills, you'll be attacked in the valleys. You be attacked on a train, or even in a plane. The powers have spoken, and it looks like a war in here. Bob the builders, nary dos, and looky loos, will find things tuff now.

Speed ump
05-27-2012, 10:55 PM
Something else I just read that poopenshire posted. He seems to think guys were worried they would be targeted by posting here. Many of us use differnt names here than their game name. I will never target someone for what they say here, but I do target everyone in general. No one is special. If someone did not read this into my previous post, I love that funzio has sated that they want guys to play war with their new event. The rankings are also an attempt to stir things up too. People will strive for that next level of rank. I hate the crates, but I'm liking these things.

Q Raider
05-27-2012, 11:24 PM
Isn't Camping now defined as being when you are catching up on sleep between these events..:p

MaverickMunkey
05-27-2012, 11:43 PM
Isn't Camping now defined as being when you are catching up on sleep between these events..:p

Good Point - I think I will now go and get 5 hours of restful camping in!

LAX
05-28-2012, 04:18 AM
phewee, i can post with no fear now lol. An analogy, my two sense worth. The Pirates are like rain, if it comes get out of it. Use any means possible. Attack back using a skull & crossbones imprinted umbrella, offer an olive branch, Go up, go down, use tap joy, use credit cards etc.. In the end we play in a quasi free environment called MW, so, we are free to do as we want:p unless coerced by the pseudo pirates with Shadowy inteligence gathering mind control powered interrogation methods. Its in their nature to prey and plunder, so avoid them if you can and be a gentleman or a Lady about it.

I poke fun cuz i'm at lvl 52 now and everyone i attack is well vaulted. I miss the hay day of lvl 20's-40's.

Q Raider
05-28-2012, 05:19 AM
I have gone from level 87 to 93 in the past couple of days Lax.

I have a nothing economy (by design) and rely almost totally on raids, attacks and PVE to keep moving along.

Have never had trouble finding cash along the way, copped a bit of abuse and the odd MW flogging in return for my raids.

Long term aims.....
1. Complete a successful raid on "Steven" (Speed Ump) cause he is one of the top boys of the game;)
2. Win Lotto:rolleyes:
3. Beat "Steven" in an attack.....at least once...:cool:

Odd thing is it seems to have gotten easier to find targets the higher I have gotten?

I think some people must have started playing this game thinking it was going to be all nice lovedy dovey stuff like some other building games.....

Aidan
05-28-2012, 05:21 AM
I think you need to do number 2 first in order to beat stephen. Just saying

Q Raider
05-28-2012, 05:43 AM
Nothing like having a challenge Aidan....

If I can get him to agree to going to one ally I might even have a show......

SeqWins
05-28-2012, 06:02 AM
I love how some MFKRS seem all big here because they are behind a computer or a screen.....*sigh* throwing the word war around like they know massive things about it * sigh*

It's a game so please please please differentiate the game play from real life do me that favor? Do not I repeat do not keep bringing up the similarities as there isn't any!

It's a game lets treat as such let's just all play and LOOSE and win some but don't force me to do anything because I won't, some people will be hurt when their losses pile up but some of us won't care! At the end of the day it's a game!

Jhoemel
05-28-2012, 06:09 AM
Nothing like having a challenge Aidan....

If I can get him to agree to going to one ally I might even have a show......

thats impossible Q, remember we have grunts that wont go away even if we want to ;)

Q Raider
05-28-2012, 06:30 AM
Hi Jhoemel
I am sure that if Support were emailed then those grunts could be removed, even just temporarily.....

SeqWins
You are correct. It is a game and people can choose to play it as they like. I imagine many probably get annoyed at what I do in the game, some even post comments to that effect. I just refer them to the Funzio advert for the game....

This is the best way to wage war though....worst you can end up with is tired eyes and a bruised ego....

Been around the fringes of the real stuff, not a nice place to be....

Poopenshire
05-28-2012, 06:33 AM
Of course he will poop. And the new events, with more to follow, along with the new ranks syetem will eliminate the aberrant(lol) behavior.youll be attacked in the hills, you'll be attacked in the valleys. You be attacked on a train, or even in a plane. The powers have spoken, and it looks like a war in here. Bob the builders, nary dos, and looky loos, will find things tuff now.

Speed ump
That was funny I had to laugh wen I read it. Pretty good.

Poopenshire
05-28-2012, 06:36 AM
I have gone from level 87 to 93 in the past couple of days Lax.

I have a nothing economy (by design) and rely almost totally on raids, attacks and PVE to keep moving along.

Have never had trouble finding cash along the way, copped a bit of abuse and the odd MW flogging in return for my raids.

Long term aims.....
1. Complete a successful raid on "Steven" (Speed Ump) cause he is one of the top boys of the game;)
2. Win Lotto:rolleyes:
3. Beat "Steven" in an attack.....at least once...:cool:

Odd thing is it seems to have gotten easier to find targets the higher I have gotten?

I think some people must have started playing this game thinking it was going to be all nice lovedy dovey stuff like some other building games.....

At level 93 I have seen so manyvery low att and def scores. I am surprised all the time.

el_gringo
05-28-2012, 07:56 AM
At level 93 I have seen so manyvery low att and def scores. I am surprised all the time.

Possibly people that have ditched the game. I found some guys base yesterday - he had plenty of stuff for me to raid, but his att/def was 145/237 or something. Looked in his inventory and he had a few event prizes and that was it.

Copenhagen
05-28-2012, 09:01 AM
Possibly people that have ditched the game. I found some guys base yesterday - he had plenty of stuff for me to raid, but his att/def was 145/237 or something. Looked in his inventory and he had a few event prizes and that was it.

How does someone who doesn't even play the game end up with event prizes!??! I open crates non-stop and have only won once!

el_gringo
05-28-2012, 09:13 AM
How does someone who doesn't even play the game end up with event prizes!??! I open crates non-stop and have only won once!

I mean event prizes from old events for 3,5 crates etc. Not the 'grand prizes'. I assume he'd been playing as a free player and just got fed up and quit, he's been repeatedly hit since until hes got barely any destructible units left. Think he had a couple of inflatables and a few other units left, but not much.