PDA

View Full Version : The Joy of Crime City

Silvio
05-21-2012, 06:51 AM
Have a good fun rivalry going on. I am level 119, stats of about 29.5k atk, 29.9k def. working TL goals when I run into this hood. Lots of upgraded buildings, pirate taverns, condos, lvl 4 anchor imports, all ready for collection.

I check his stats, and they're shy of 40k def, but I see no defense buildings, so place him closer to 20k. I take my shot, rob a tonne, and lose a pile of explosives. Check today, and I made this guy angry! :-). He posted on my wall, attacked my laundromats, you name it. Says he's only going to rob me for a whole month. Lol. So I go back and check his hood, and there's still 100k for me to rob. So I did.

Apart from my end of weekend collection re-sync, he won't have a lot available, and I'm close enough to him in stats to make up the difference if he keeps it wasting his energy robbing. ( however he's clearly a big time gold player - I guessed about $300 total investment minimum).

Anyhoo, one of reasons I play . . .

badvoc0
05-21-2012, 06:57 AM
Nice one centurion, carry on

Dillinja
05-21-2012, 08:13 AM
$300 puts you on the lower end of the table of gold spenders...no way can you term that as 'big time gold player'

badvoc0
05-21-2012, 08:16 AM
Would anyone care to give a number for how much they've spent?

jmeijer
05-21-2012, 08:22 AM
Would anyone care to give a number for how much they've spent?I spent 250€ I think.

Vile Lynn
05-21-2012, 09:25 AM
I've spent about as much as I would have on any deck game... About $65USD.

Not out to be the biggest & baddest; I'm happy with that amount, happy with the game, still enjoying it very much after 9-10 months.

Thanks to winning the Spinal Tap (Thanks to Fizz!), it looks like I've spent a lot, lot more.

Swingle007
05-21-2012, 09:38 AM
I've probably spent close to a thousand bucks between gold buildings, crates to acquire weapons, opening event boxes at a 100% chance, refilling stamina/energy, etc. I too love getting into a war with someone new every once and awhile as it spices up the game a lot. Regardless how much I might lose in the process, it's that much sweeter to steal from someone you dislike so much. Hahahahaha!

Swifty
05-21-2012, 09:49 AM
I've spent less than $50. Bought a few gold buildings but no gear, and did not use any on events.

Silvio
05-21-2012, 01:09 PM
Given I have spent a grand total of zip, my basis for estimation of gold pricing is probably off. I don't really pay attention to what gold costs as it is immaterial to me anyway.

This guy has about 2000 gold in buildings, plus about another 6,000 gold in weapons.

Maybe $300 isn't big time spender, but it is bigger than me. Only way I'm getting cash from pirate taverns is by robing them. :-)

badvoc0
05-22-2012, 12:12 AM
i'm a free player too although i am currently collecting TJ gold to build a GC, I just keep getting distracted by all these juicy uncollected hoods and blowing it on stamina refills - i only have 27 stamina, i think i headed off in the wrong direction to begin with by building up energy, i've got 2750 which is great for farming (if there was anything to farm) but not much else.

I think that if i had spent as much as some of you guys had i'd be pretty pssssd at funzio re cheaters/hackers - 15 Atlas statues Haim, really?

Spartacus
05-22-2012, 03:58 AM
Spent about $10 before I discovered the forums and spent it on crap gold items. Recently I used TJ gold to purchase 2x Ice Cream Parlors and 2x Smoke Shops.