PDA

View Full Version : What Units are you Attacking with?

The_Red
05-21-2012, 04:04 AM
Im growing more and more irritated, since I switched much of my army up to Manicore's (700/per) which supposedly have a "low" casualty rate, but I'm still loosing a bit too many to make raiding profitable any more. I was hoping to slowly replace the battling rams which seemed to die too quickly. Anyone else have good units they're attacking with? doesn't seem like there are many cost effective "very low" units out there to build an army of 2-400 of.

Skoty422
05-21-2012, 05:38 AM
I was thinking of the same thing. I'm using catapults right now but too many died off. I was looking to go to a better unit but as I read it seems that even the low casualty rated units die quickly but they are just way more to replace. Hoping for some feedback so I can have a little direction to know what unit building to waste 3-4 days of upgrades. My iph is not as high as anyone's on these forums, so buying units will be a slow process if I lose one every raid/attack.

FisK
05-21-2012, 06:23 AM
2/3 of my army is Trebuchets (the best i can bay with the unit buildings i have) and the rest is cheap Sorcerers (3/1 for 40Gold) with very high casualty rate.
I use the Sorcerer as a meat shield for my more expensive Trebuchet.

My cheap Sorcerer die first since the Sorcerer with a very high casualty rate has a higher casualty rate then my Trebuchet with only a medium casualty rate.
In other words it is my Trebuchets that do the damage but my Sorcerers that takes the hit.

Sure I lose a lot of Sorcerers in my battles but since they only cost 40Gold each so I usually still makes a profit.

FisK
05-21-2012, 06:29 AM
Another thing.
I always attack players with a lot lower defence then my attack then I attack or raid.
My experience is that the more I overpower the defender the lower the change for losing a unit.

I usually lose 2 or 3 units if I attack some one with defence very close to my attack score.

But so far I have never lost a unit in a fight with some one with stats under 1/3 of my own stat.

The_Red
05-21-2012, 07:31 AM
Im really looking for info of people who've progressed up to the expensive units. It was fine for a while losing battering rams at 110 each on the order of 100 a day. The whole thing is irritating really - Ive got roughly 15k/15k and while raiding or attacking folks with 1/2 stats (7k/7k) I loose 750 dollar units ("low" casualty rates) which is annoying as all get out right now, since most buildings are only 300-500/attack.

Perhaps its just a sign Ive spend enough time on the game and need to step away....

lucita
05-21-2012, 08:15 AM
From my experience the unit to lose is not just a function of i) unit's lose rate, ii) attacker's attack multiple over defender's defense, or even iii) attacker's attack difference over defender's defense, but also a) defender's absolute defense value and b) the number of units you have.

A few observations that I can share with you:
i) While I was at 8k attack I attacked players with 4k defense (see it as 50% of my attack of 4k less) with almost no loss. However, while I was at 15/16k attack if I attack player at 7/8k defense (50% my attack) I lose at about 1 unit every 3 attacks and sometimes 1 unit every attack, and the unit can be anywhere from high to low casualty rate. Once again, at 15k/16k attack if I attack players at 11k defense (4k less) it's almost a certainty that I loss something.

ii) While I was a level similar to yours I replace medium casualty rate offensive unit with Berserkers (low casualty rate) and had my attack stayed at a same level for a while. I noticed I loss Berserkers more often.

I think Ghost had a post about similar observation but I can't recall under which thread I saw that post.

Try to get your water temple and upgrade it. Having 15k attack for 7k defense and expect no casualty is a bit of wishful thinking. I think Funzio tune the algorithm to make PvP attack non-economic without paying to upgrade water temple or buying more expensive units.

After all, it's a black box operation and I could be wrong. Hope it helps and will appreciate hearing more thoughts!

Skoty422
05-21-2012, 09:22 AM
I have upgraded all my defense units to 7/17 med Zeppelins and 8/17 very low paladin. I used to lose Zeppelins often and at the same price for paladin I decided to upgrade and start building with them. But since I have gotten the paladin I have not lost either one yet. So far so good.

As far as using some units to take a blow for the more expensive ones. It hasn't worked for me. I had 15 siege towers 125 battering rams and 15 invokers. I would loose battering rams often,(every fight) and gladiators I find I lose often. But I am down to 8 siege towers. I would lose them about 1/5 battles. I was thinking of going with the cave troll and paladins in my army until I can build a breeding den. But I am still waiting for more opinions until I upgrade any more unit buildings. Keep getting catapults I guess for now.

SirMW
05-21-2012, 09:23 AM
I'm playing low allies and gradually bring my ally count up. The current ally count is at 46 on level 27. Battering Ram is my meat shield consisting probably about 65% of the units going into battle. Catapult, Siege Tower and Flaming Catapult makeup of the other 35%. My casualty is normally Battering Ram; however, as my ally count increase casualty seem to have shifted to Catapult. I'm in the process of upgrading my Water Temple. Would love to hear some ideas on lowering casualty or at least have the high casualty unit die first.
Does the low casualty rating on the unit mean anything?

lucita
05-21-2012, 10:28 AM
Thanks for all the sharing! Though we're still yet to find the ultimate answer :)
Out of curiosity what attack/defense multiples/differences do you use to pick player to attack? Even a ballpark figure would help.

Everson25
05-21-2012, 12:22 PM
I've been losing a lot of siege towers during attacks and raidings which makes me choose very carefully who I go for it. In my case I don't attack if I'm almost certain that I can replace any unit that I lose. The casualty rate is too high so I can't go blind attacks anymore, otherwise I lose too much. The bad side of all that is that i go through to each stats in the rival list to find worthy targets. The other thing I'm doing is making sure I have a strong economy to support me. It's not a perfect strategy but it's the way I'm doing to deal with my challenge.

The_Red
05-21-2012, 12:24 PM
Thanks for all the sharing! Though we're still yet to find the ultimate answer :)
Out of curiosity what attack/defense multiples/differences do you use to pick player to attack? Even a ballpark figure would help.

I usually target people with ranges in the 7-10k... Im at 15k+ A. The problem is my low casualty units (Manticore) are like 700 bucks each (I have 250) so Im constantly losing them making PVP very hard. I think Im going to just stop leveling up for a few days to get my temple of healing up to 4/5 or so. Meh. It was fine when 110 buck battling rams died... Id just go buy a couple hundred and keep spares.

Freekizh
05-21-2012, 12:29 PM
I usually target people with ranges in the 7-10k... Im at 15k+ A. The problem is my low casualty units (Manticore) are like 700 bucks each (I have 250) so Im constantly losing them making PVP very hard. I think Im going to just stop leveling up for a few days to get my temple of healing up to 4/5 or so. Meh. It was fine when 110 buck battling rams died... Id just go buy a couple hundred and keep spares.

Why are you changing what was working for you before bud?

ShawnBB
05-21-2012, 12:52 PM
Imp would be my major attack force,
because that's the cheapest unit that can avoid the high priests' attendance to battle.

Freekizh
05-21-2012, 01:04 PM
Imp would be my major attack force,
because that's the cheapest unit that can avoid the high priests' attendance to battle.

Hey bud have you done any PvP since you started buying priests?

The_Red
05-21-2012, 01:22 PM
Why are you changing what was working for you before bud?

When you're capped at 8 attack (battling rams) and 8 defense (several) you're sort of capped on how high you can get your a/d. As one moves up - there's a need to keep moving up on that curve otherwise, its not uncommon to see people attacking when I was @ 120 allies w/ 250-300 as I mentioned in the other thread on how wide the range is.

ShawnBB
05-21-2012, 01:31 PM
Hey bud have you done any PvP since you started buying priests?

Did once to a guy for revenge lol, lost 2 high priest...
So I quit fighting, just building up a "gem" defense first.(density so high that others thought I spend gem)
Valor unit sucks in KA anyway, Makes me not really into PvP

Freekizh
05-21-2012, 01:38 PM

What do you mean valor unit sucks? Some of them look pretty good. Or do you mean its not very easy to get valor points cheaply, because KA makes defense easier, so valor points become too costly?

The_Red
05-21-2012, 01:46 PM
What I mean bro is that unless you are using very expensive defensive units like High Priests, you could still use rams or slightly more expensive units. Even if your attack is not so high, at least you can do more PvP. There's a big difference from going from a $110 unit to $750++ unit.

I was hoping the low vs medium would help casualties a bit more than it has....

The_Red
05-21-2012, 01:47 PM

The cannon is actually pretty good.

ShawnBB
05-21-2012, 02:15 PM
I got that conclusion by comparing to MW and CC.
The purpose of valor unit is to penetrate defense, to take a military advantage by valors from PvP

Top valor unit Cannon 36 attack. 2800 in game cash high priests can pretty much defend it with 32 defense. Players can earn that back in one hour.

Top valor unit in MW, super hornet 36 attack. 525000 cash stealth drone can almost catch up with 30 defense. But needs players 2 to 3 hours to earn back.

Top valor unit in CC, there is no cash weapon can defend, also you can never afford top cash weapon, LoL.

The_Red
05-21-2012, 02:27 PM
Yes the design of KA is to make it easier to defend, and harder to attack as you have mentioned before. This has been a funzio trend with higher casualties on honor units in MW etc etc. So this makes me think valor units even more valuable since attack is so hard to get.

Ive not lost a single of the cannons (very low) that I have....

Big Boss
05-21-2012, 06:47 PM
There seems to be a certain number of units you will lose that have a high casualty rate until you stop losing them altogether. For example, if you have a 50 of x type of unit that has a high casualty rate, it's not until you have maybe 15 or so left that you will hardly start losing them altogether. So what I have been doing is wasting gold on lower casualty units, and investing less on higher ones.

At least, that's what I have seen so far out of farming higher armies for finishing Tournament quests.

Altz
05-21-2012, 07:31 PM
Ive not lost a single of the cannons (very low) that I have....

The more you have of the same units, the higher the casualty rate... Why do i say this? Coa its common sense and i first got 68, now about 62. Same goes with all units... :)

custos
05-21-2012, 09:25 PM
There seems to be a certain number of units you will lose that have a high casualty rate until you stop losing them altogether. For example, if you have a 50 of x type of unit that has a high casualty rate, it's not until you have maybe 15 or so left that you will hardly start losing them altogether. So what I have been doing is wasting gold on lower casualty units, and investing less on higher ones.

Maybe it's just the statistical distribution on top of the underlying casualty rate of the unit. If you have 100 foot soldiers and 3 clerics, you are more likely to lose a foot soldier in a battle even though their underlying casualty rate is lower.

King Chaos
05-21-2012, 09:50 PM
Battering Rams All Day Everyday
Cheap and I always end up breaking 1-3 when I attack yet I may more than enough to buy those units back.

The_Red
05-22-2012, 04:52 PM
Appear to have solved my issue - gutted my allies by ~120 allies.... my loses on raiding have gone down massively. Just cleared out 2 silos w/ 0 loses in units, which was nice @ 2x Attack vs Defense. Prior I would have lost 2-3 units.