PDA

View Full Version : Very high Casualty rates

mickymacirl
05-21-2012, 12:59 AM
Hey,

Anyone else noticed a big increases in casualty rates? I have lost over 300 high valor units this weekend alone from being attacked.

Micky

JohnnyR
05-21-2012, 01:04 AM
Actually, my casualties have been in check this entire event, feels like they just doubled a few minutes ago though....

mickymacirl
05-21-2012, 01:12 AM
I just lost two SH and two HM to a level 111 with half my stats attacking me and losing!!!!

JohnnyR
05-21-2012, 01:15 AM
Wow, that is abnormal. Does he have boosts?

mickymacirl
05-21-2012, 01:27 AM
No he doesn't even have a comp factory, this is getting ridiculous.

I just tested it, attacked a dead player with just command center and half my attack and defense and lost 12 units in 3 attacks, 3 being high valor units.

Guide rain
05-21-2012, 03:47 AM
I posted in a different thread with the same observation. For me, the loss of valor units in the last 48-72 hours got so high that doing valor missions wasn't worth the valor units lost. So, stopping them certainly makes sense, but doesn't prevent the losses from being attacked by others. I hope they can fix whatever changed, or I am "camping out of necessity"

:marine:
05-21-2012, 03:48 AM
Death rate have gone up in the past 30 mins I've lost 2x torpedo boat 1X gingn 2X eagle fighter jet in the past 5 mins. And your death rate 12 units is just plan shocking! Try dropping a couple of stranges.

mickymacirl
05-21-2012, 04:10 AM
Yep, just tested it again on a player that's level 108 on my news feed, hes got 9k att and 11k def with a level 2 comp factory.

I gained 7 XP 1 Valor (how is this even possible I have 40% extra Valor from Battles???) 97 BP and a Tree Sniper.

He lost: No units

I lost: 2 fighter jets, a SH and a HM.

Thunder Child
05-21-2012, 04:22 AM
It's for this reason I do ALL my PvP during events and ONLY durig events. I gained thousands of BP (and four levels) and made Captain, and saved and spent thousands of valor on the new units during the event. I think I lost 1 SH, 3 HM, and maybe 6 SF in 100s of battles. Knowing that something changes immediately after the event, I stop all activity and go into camping mode until the next activity. I won't have a single fight until the next event, and may even sit that one out until the shark pond boundary (JMC suggested around 107 at present) moves away from me again.

Khimsoo
05-21-2012, 04:22 AM
I lost my modified fighters and SHs just hour ago... Attacked by a crazy guy.... Ouch. Modified fighters r hard to get. :(

mickymacirl
05-21-2012, 04:29 AM
Well I've been seeing a lot of losses even over the event so I'm lead to believe this is a glitch with my account.

BTW, I've been offered 'services' by people playing the game somewhat illegally, do not respond to these guys if you get offered the same 'services'. hehe

lanemondo
05-21-2012, 04:33 AM
Yep, just tested it again on a player that's level 108 on my news feed, hes got 9k att and 11k def with a level 2 comp factory.

I gained 7 XP 1 Valor (how is this even possible I have 40% extra Valor from Battles???) 97 BP and a Tree Sniper.

He lost: No units

I lost: 2 fighter jets, a SH and a HM.

Yeah have to say the bonus is by far the worst out of all the events. Stats on the item are ok but I'm averaging 6 or 7 val a hit. Was hoping for more

Populouspapa
05-21-2012, 04:37 AM
Yeah have to say the bonus is by far the worst out of all the events. Stats on the item are ok but I'm averaging 6 or 7 val a hit. Was hoping for more

Same here I'm still getting mostly 1 valor per raid/attack, some attacks I don't even get valor.. was this event item -40% valor?

:marine:
05-21-2012, 04:42 AM
I find raiding people is better than attacking as I don't loose as much units as attacking.

mickymacirl
05-21-2012, 04:55 AM
It's for this reason I do ALL my PvP during events and ONLY durig events. I gained thousands of BP (and four levels) and made Captain, and saved and spent thousands of valor on the new units during the event. I think I lost 1 SH, 3 HM, and maybe 6 SF in 100s of battles. Knowing that something changes immediately after the event, I stop all activity and go into camping mode until the next activity. I won't have a single fight until the next event, and may even sit that one out until the shark pond boundary (JMC suggested around 107 at present) moves away from me again.

Shark pond is defo 110 now.

mickymacirl
05-21-2012, 05:09 AM
I find raiding people is better than attacking as I don't loose as much units as attacking.

Much higher loses raiding as well, this is raiding people of my own level with half my stats, not level 140 with double my stats.

Sgt K
05-21-2012, 06:10 AM
I have been experiencing casualty rates off the charts. I have a lot of all types of meetshields. When I attack someone with 1/3 of my a/d I have lost units worth of 450 000 and up. IŽd like to up in the rank system but the price just feels a bit high. Combine that with the latest event disappointment.. Oh well, it`s a game.

cheiz
05-21-2012, 06:19 AM
It's weird isn't it. On one hand Funzio seems to be wanting to stimulate PvP by introducing this ranking system and associated rewards, but than on the other hand they make the costs of engaging in PvP higher than the revenues - so how's that incouraging anyone to do more PvP?

Watash
05-21-2012, 06:19 AM

I think Thunder is on to something here. I noticed during the events that my casualty rates dropped dramatically. In fact, my losses were so low that I attacked frequently and scored many big cash hauls while harvesting over 50 suitcases that I did not need or want. I made a few attacks this morning and the casualty rates seemed to bump back up losing three high value units. Good plan to camp between events. Incidentally, I finished the event with the same 9 Props I had since very early on in the event.

boardgames rule
05-21-2012, 06:32 AM
Yea the rate are bad rite now. I actully had to stop doing Pvp because i lost all my good units and did't get enough to replace them.

JMC
05-21-2012, 07:37 AM
I did a few attacks today and the rates seem higher. You guys shouldn't be touching anyone that is half your stats anyways though, that's far too high. You want targets with under 10% of your attack.

mickymacirl
05-21-2012, 07:46 AM
I did a few attacks today and the rates seem higher. You guys shouldn't be touching anyone that is half your stats anyways though, that's far too high. You want targets with under 10% of your attack.

Point is I've never seen as high cas since Friday, I've always lost units, but always meat units, with a rare SH or SF in there.

Now I'm losing 2 SH and 2 HM etc every attack or raid on people half or less of my stats. Just doesn't seem right.

Aidan
05-21-2012, 07:49 AM
The rates are indeed high. Too high infact.
Still baffles me why funzio raised it. I dont really understand the logic why they need to make pvp unprofitable and unattractive. They come out with Pvo ranking, new unit which i think is to encourage plyrs to do pvp but then punish them with high casualties???

I am 100% sure that the high casualty is not a bug or no longer a bug. The fact that you have decent/low casualties during event and high casualties the minute the event ended proved this. This shows that they do infact control it and they are manipulating it.

But WHY?? why are they trying so hard to make their game unplayable? You mad funzio??

Arizona
05-21-2012, 08:07 AM
But WHY?? why are they trying so hard to make their game unplayable? You mad funzio??
Simple Aidan....To keep you on your game.
Don't you imagine our Funzian overlords sit in their San Fransisco offices and think...."I'm bored, what shall we do today? Hey let's frakk with the gamers and mess up their hard earned analysis of why this or that happens; and then a week later reset all the numbers, then screw with them again during the next event." Geez, if I worked for Funzio, I'd be having a larf too, reading all the detailed posts about how or why this happens. Hey, I'm guilty too!
Roll on next event. I'm ready!

JMC
05-21-2012, 08:12 AM
Well i did a few more attacks and people that usually net me zero are giving me casualties about 60% of the time now.

commandNconquer
05-21-2012, 08:14 AM
i noticed there is always as high casualty after events maybe it is just me, but even with 20 allies after event i loose 4-5 super hornet when while the event last i only loose 1-2 and i attack a lot up to 150 times a day

Arj
05-21-2012, 09:12 AM
I think this is to reduce BP farming, for example if you were farming BP last week you could attack someone weaker then you many times with low losses meaning even if you attacked all defense structures, you wouldnt lose to much cash/units and still farm you BP.

Now you have to find targets that will make you money in order to buy back units you lost, making the amount of pvp reduce and making it harder.

This will prob help weak players in thier ranges from getting destroyed every 3 minutes from BP farmers.

Amount of PVP seems to have gone through the roof since the new PVP system as expected, they are prob just tryin to reduce it a little.

This is just what ive observed at low levels around 45, not sure how it will affect the dynamics at the top levels.

Warfiend
05-21-2012, 09:13 AM
I've also long noticed a substantial drop in casualty rates during events, overall.

But I swear it fluctuates, even during events. It feels like there are periods of time that come where I'm just going to suffer severe losses no matter who I attack or what the casualty rate is on my units I'm bringing to battle.

JMC
05-21-2012, 09:21 AM
yeah right now the casualty rate even though still quite low because of the very weak targets i'm hitting, makes PvP not worth it. I have to do over 70 attacks to complete a valor mission, so a casualty every few fights still isn't worth it.

Ascent
05-21-2012, 09:27 AM
Army composition counts a lot guys.

I do not have many valor units (50 SH, 300 Combat boats and 150 avengers...) I only use cash units for attacks and defense at the moment. Besides the loot items and prizes, my current army consists of about 400 snipers and 400 flamethrowers. After 50 or so attacks I usually replenish them. As a result I haven't lost any (literally ANY) of my high valor units during the past 3 months... and I dod a lot of battles, collecting 300,000 valor during this time.

So, having High loss meatshields in the right proportion makes a huge difference.

BTW I do not have any zero loss glitches, I am pretty much losing as a minimum 2 units (usually, 3-4) for each and every bullet fired. But I am losing the meatshields and loot items, not the valor units. And no, I have no valor glitch eaither... if my meatshield count goes down, I do start losing avengers and combat boats... but never SFs or SHs.

I am not saying this is a strategy, all I am saying that lotsa meatshields are necessary to protect the high valued units.

Aidan
05-21-2012, 09:43 AM
@xtro piss me off to keep me in the game. Seems legit. Lol.

@ascent i have a balance army. 500 SH, 500 warthog(meatshields) and 110 flamethrower(meatshields) and the rest 880 are loots, valor and cash units. Even with this composition i still lose SH regularly today.

During events my casualties are usually warthog and flamethrower and maybe 1 SH in say 50 attacks. Today however, i even lost 2 SH in single attack to someone much much weaker.

mickymacirl
05-21-2012, 09:53 AM
Yep, just tested it again...

This is unbelieveable!

Lowest player I could find, level 108 with 4791 (thats 4791 att not K att) and 5086 def ith NO BOOST buildings and 878 units.

Out of 3 attacks I lost a SH and HM and 4 fighter jets.....

What the hell is going on?

Arizona
05-21-2012, 10:00 AM
As a result I haven't lost any (literally ANY) of my high valor units during the past 3 months... and I dod a lot of battles, collecting 300,000 valor during this time.
So, having High loss meatshields in the right proportion makes a huge difference.
I am not saying this is a strategy, all I am saying that lotsa meatshields are necessary to protect the high valued units.

That sounds like a good solution to high valor losses then. Maybe I should stock up more evenly on cheaper units for now.
I can't honestly say, off hand what my cheapest units going into battle are, but I lose more SH than anything else. I also have more of them too. I think I'll stock up on Bio warfare troops and see. I will have to check first and see what my weakest units are. Interesting though.

Arizona
05-21-2012, 10:10 AM
@xtro piss me off to keep me in the game. Seems legit. Lol.

During events my casualties are usually warthog and flamethrower and maybe 1 SH in say 50 attacks. Today however, i even lost 2 SH in single attack to someone much much weaker.

Nah...to keep you ON your game. They like seeing us trying to be detectives and solve casuality rates etc.

I've got much lower ally count, in the 60's, so I take to a fight much higher value units; my losses correspond. Low allies I find easy targets to farm, but I lose higher value units. Bit of a trade off. I said in a previous post, im gonna have to by something to protect my better units.