PDA

View Full Version : What's your modern war strategy?

:marine:
05-20-2012, 11:57 PM
My modern war strategy is,

Add allies slowly like 1 every 2 days to boost your attack then def after you added him buy lots of attack and def units for the next 12 hours this will give you the max attack and def for your number of allies you have.
Use the reaming money for land, upgrades and buildings. Attack people when you have a stamina point and use energy for that extra cash.

DONT replace the units you lost if you have the build upgrading E.G if you lost a APC and have the war factory upgrading don't replace it until you spend the money on 3-4 units you unlocked from the upgrade, this will save you lots of money don't replace commandos, eagle fighter jets, gingns and super hornets

Dont bother camping as you dont gain money from attacks and missions.
Only buy 3-4 valor units and keep the valor you get in attacks, buying 100 super hornets is a huge waiste of valor and they will go with in 50 attacks.

Adding 100 allies in 3 days will make you very weak and be a target on the rivals list.
If you really need land or upgrades do it.

What strategy do you guys use? Same as me or different? I'm sure some of us want to know other peoples strategy.

Ducati
05-21-2012, 12:54 AM
If you don"t care about stats, then i suppose your strategy is ok. For me your strategy is bad, i truly believe you need a good economy for running an army powerful enough to kick some a..

05-21-2012, 03:36 AM
I auctually have quit good stats...

http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p594/marine1467/ad13a1e7.jpg

Populouspapa
05-21-2012, 04:00 AM
I'm two lvls higher and got two more allies than you but my att/deff is also 3x higher than yours.. MW is all about IPH to buy units IMO.

05-21-2012, 04:31 AM
That's because u have 2 more allies, they bring about 50-150 attack and deffence. Look at the fights lost/won thing and the number of units I have not just the attack and def. :/

Arj
05-21-2012, 01:05 PM
Those stats are fine.....as long as you dont level. If you dont increase ur IPH and level you ll start to lose alot of units and not be able to replace them.

Bronson
05-21-2012, 01:19 PM
By just straight up attacking and not building up an economy you will fly up the levels but soon you will hit a wall as your stats wont increase you will just be buying the units you lost

This method is not suitable for a long term strategy and this game is all about the long term, don't think about what you need today or tomorrow you need to think weeks in advance also if you get to the whales and your stats are under 30k you might as well delete the app.

War Priest
05-21-2012, 01:19 PM
Pull a Dreno and own 2000 Aircraft Carriers before level 100. :D

That is your goal, right buddy?

Lt. Falcon
05-21-2012, 01:35 PM
I've been increasing my income (economy) as much as possible while trying to add more money buildings. I began the game as Iran and was leveling up every day or other day till i hit level 50 and realized my economy was horribly weak. I switched to Russia for its boost to Air Units (forum post by War Priest) and started to increase Airship hangar along with infirmary. At level 68 my IPH was at $98k, I'm now at 72 with an IPH of $179k. It could have been higher if I hadn't been chasing the 9th item prize that has become some routine (10th is just a lottery bonus). Next step is to accumalte 29 more TapJoy gold and get the Composites factory. Overall, my strategy at the moment is to camp for awhile (until next event), increase economy and replace units lost due to attacks/raids searching for sea crates.

Mad
05-21-2012, 06:39 PM
1. Build economy

My OVERRIDING GOAL is simple right now: Build my economy.

I have bought all the money buildings I am able to at this point, aside from gold purchases. My priority right now is to upgrade the buildings I have. First on my list is to upgrade the building with the shortest upgrade time. The only time I don't do this is if I have to wait an extended period of time to raise the cash to do it. Then I will allow the cost of upgrade to be a factor.

As part of this, I always upgrade my vault immediately once the previous upgrade is complete.

2. Second piroity is Defense upgrades

My second priority is defense upgrades/purchases (upgrades to my composite factory -- a tapjoy purchase -- is first here and then adding defense buildings).

3. Base upgrades and unit purchases

My third priority is base upgrades and unit purchases. However, these two along with defense upgrades can be moved to the top of the list, if I lose repeated attacks or raids by other players.

For example, I was recently attacked and lost $64,000. However, the player didn't repeat his attack which tells me he probably lost units that cost more than he earned. I won't change my economic goals for a one-off attack, as long as I am still defeating other attacks and raids.

However, if I get a bunch of one-off attacks by players where I lose money or if I am repeatedly attacked by the same player, then Unit purchases, defense building upgrades and base upgrades are moved to the top of the list until that issue is resolved. I just went through this about a week or so ago.

I am currently level 33, with 22 allies and a defense score of 1994. I don't know how that defense score ranks, but at this point I am not attacked very much.

4. Land purchase

My fourth priority is land purchases. I have unused land and will only purchase additional land if I use one of excess land spots for a building.

5. Levelling up/Allies

Levelling up is not a priority at all, neither is the accumulation of allies. At this point, I only participate in events to collect the first three or depending on my luck, the fourth prize.

BigWooly
10-09-2012, 12:30 PM
i used raids and attacks to level up to 10. tried to save all missions for special events (level 10 and above) sence I have better luck getting special event crates and such from missions rather than attacks and raids. also raids pay out much better than missions. They also give less exp so I can squeeze more in before I level. I just shop around till I find someone camping with munitions stockpiles at lev 4 or better. Havent lost a unit yet but I know that will change when I get to higher level. once I get to lev 10 campout untill special event. Work like a dog to get as many indestructable units as possible from special event. They may not be as good as gold units but they are generaly stronger than anything I can buy and you never have to buy them again. The higher level the better the special event units are so it seems. After the special event I camp till the next one. While camping I upgrade money buildings. Thats about it. Worked like a champ the first go but lost phone and decided to start new game to erase some bad/inefficient choices on the first game.
So far on new game Im
Lv 10
7 ally
fights 47-1
raids 208-23
Iph $32,242
atk 264
def 260

Tctiger
10-09-2012, 03:09 PM
Completing the goals you get gives you a good guide , my priority was always base building up to about level 80 where I had it all then slow leveling while upgrading and buying units I think that has put me in a good position now . 100-130 build stats and iph , 130+ attack for bp and do missions is my plan.

Gambit12
10-09-2012, 03:33 PM
I always follow the mission goal first before & add allies up. & now needs to upgrade all the boost buildings specially the Composite Factory...

Oil Rig, Nanotech, Stylo Stockpile, Ore Mines, & Recycling Plant are the main cash building that needs to upgrade up...

In the lower level, you need to add a least 5 allies every level up & all the casualty unit in PvP & PvE are in need to be replace.. You need it in the long run like bronson mention earlier.

Super Hornet is the best valor in air, MLRS is on ground, Stealth Frigate is on Sea, & GIGN on infantry...

Fl@sh
10-09-2012, 03:40 PM
Necroed thread

Speed ump
10-09-2012, 03:46 PM
I have a very simple strategy. Beat all my opponents. It works too.

Wdigeorge
10-09-2012, 04:13 PM
Simple. Don't lose. :)

asdfg12345
10-09-2012, 04:26 PM
just camp and only gain exp for beat the boss events. Haven't lost in a while besides once when I had alot of money over vault. Now that player is an ally too.

General Soviet
10-09-2012, 04:41 PM
My strategy is this:
First, I built up a reasonable defense to keep my money safe (since I didn't start actually using the vault until level 70. Screw up on my part). Since I was getting up to item 9 on Collect Ten events, it was easier for me.
Second, I purchased and upgraded money buildings to buy units for my army. While before it was a miracle that I could get up to $1 million after a week, now I get much more than that every day.
Third, I did a lot of PvP, which opened up access to buying tons of powerful valor units, that would have costed millions as cash units.
Finally, I built boost buildings. Since my army is pretty strong, boost buildings can only help.
That's how I survived Modern War.

Alaneapen
10-14-2012, 06:21 AM
My modern war strategy is to build income and upgrade unit buildings, build defense. I have a iph of 277,000, and 18.2 k def at lv 72 with 197 allies. However, I have these dry spots when I can't make any money and the next income is hours.

Guderian40
10-14-2012, 11:45 AM
As amendment to what I said in the "Disappointed" threat (I am a big supporter of the game though and think it is one year ahead of its rivals like Global War etc.)

There is no real strategy for MW. For freeplayers, it's more or less over after reaching somewhere between level 100 and 150, for some the fun ends even earlier (see many posts here). For light golders like me it does not last much longer.

The only way for freegamers (for the low and medium levels) is building a strong ECONOMY which was said here already hundred times. But this is in not a strategy. So that means CAMPING and doing more or less nothing, you can discuss when you upgrade which buildings, but all of that does not count when reaching higher levels. Ask some free players with higher 1 Mio. iph at level 160. Deserts as bases...

Apart from that you buy def. units and all the other things, of course. But I would not call it strategy if two players troops attacks or def. values are just added and compared and in a high level you lose against your strong gold buying opponent. I would appreciate it to see no submarine having attack points against infantry and vice versa. This simplicity makes the game more a built-up and buy gold game instead of a strategy game. I still enjoy the nice unit pictures....

Last point: Do not play China, Germany or - even worse - US or Iran - it is in no way profitable in the long term. Tell me any Iranian freeplayer with good stats at level 150... There are only Union Jacks or Russian flags in higher levels (or lots of gold, of course...)

Matt Thornton
10-14-2012, 07:31 PM
get to level 200 as fast as you can

WOLS
10-14-2012, 10:30 PM
Upgrade all unit, boost & def buildings to lv 10 then work on money. Get money n loots from raids n missions. Buy tons of crates. Others, not impt.

Keep my level low (to be a shark in the lower tier)... Hahaha

Dhusagar
10-14-2012, 10:37 PM
My MW strategy is not to have a strategy. That way, my enemies can't work out a strategy to beat my strategy!

On a serious note, I have failed to find a coherent strategy for MW yet, so I just bumble about.

BASEGOD
10-15-2012, 01:40 AM
My guy is purely pvp so my MW strategy is put all stats into attack and some stamina, with no stats in energy or defense.

No defense buildings.

All my money buildings are 12, 24, and 48 hour collection cycles.

Right now I'm lvl 20 and working on pumping my income with upgrades for money buildings. And I play a semi-camping style.

JackRakan93
10-15-2012, 02:52 AM
Surprised this thread was brought back.

My current strategy, after over a year of playing, is camping indefinitely. I've been at level 69 for over two months now just upgrading my 24 and 48 hour buildings and stockpiling low casualty warships.

My stats for doing so: 97% win-lose ratio, 3500+ wins, lost about two battles in the past two months.

JackRakan93
10-15-2012, 02:54 AM
Although because I am fearing whale territory (no idea where that is now), I'm using MW as a way to pass time between school and playing LOD. Maybe I'll reach level 70 by Christmas lol

Khimsoo
10-15-2012, 03:50 AM
Do u realize regardless how much u camp, one day u will reach the whale zone.
Do u realize that regardless how many cash or valor units u have, u will be beaten by whales?
Just some food for thought.

Not to discourage camping but there seems to be way to make u a bigger fish. U might want to review your strategy, what was right might be wrong now.

Hivesy
10-15-2012, 07:43 AM
@ JackRakan 93 - I might actually disagree with Khimsoo here. You've been playing MW for a year and you're on level 69?? I think there is a very good chance that you might avoid the whale territory entirely, they'll probably turn off the servers long before you get to level 130.......

Doesn't sound like much fun to me. Some people think heavy gold spenders are wasting their money. Some argue that it's their's to do with what they want. I would argue that some people are wasting their time and their life away by not playing the game to have any fun. Living in fear of this mythical place on the internet called the whale zone.

Rather than being bored trying to save up for a couple of units a day until you're strong enough to meet opponents who will always be stronger than you think of this:

a) you will never be strong enough to compete with the whales. The more you save and stockpile the more you will lose.
b) life is too short, if you are going to live in fear of achieving higher levels of a game...go do something else instead.
c) If you play too slow and this whole game will die long before you ever get a chance to play it properly and have any fun.

I'm somewhere in the middle, playing at a medium pace spending low to medium amounts of gold to have a medium amount of fun :)

Guderian40
10-15-2012, 10:24 AM
@ JackRakan 93 - I would argue that some people are wasting their time and their life away by not playing the game to have any fun. Living in fear of this mythical place on the internet called the whale zone.

c) If you play too slow and this whole game will die long before you ever get a chance to play it properly and have any fun.

I'm somewhere in the middle, playing at a medium pace spending low to medium amounts of gold to have a medium amount of fun :) ...

I completely agree with you, Hivesy. You have the choice of endless camping and having no fun right from the beginning or losing fun somewhere around level 100 when you find deserts and getting killed by heavy golders anyway.

Mad
10-15-2012, 10:44 AM

I completely agree with you, Hivesy. You have the choice of endless camping and having no fun right from the beginning or losing fun somewhere around level 100 when you find deserts and getting killed by heavy golders anyway.

Yeah, I am a semi camper. I only play the Boss events, so moving up but slowly. I am upgrading my money buildings.

I am a low gold buyer -- bought a bit at the beginning but have stopped due the horrid imbalance in the game. I have already planned my exit strategy if I start getting pumelled by the whales.

Plan to sell off all my buildings and buy thousands upon thousands of light gunners 1A and 0D.

But to show I am not completely heartless, I plan to leave my two supply depots for the whales to plunder at will.

Ljepoje
10-15-2012, 12:24 PM
To have fun and laugh once in a while ..... =)

Guderian40
10-16-2012, 03:17 AM
Yeah, I am a semi camper. I only play the Boss events, so moving up but slowly. I am upgrading my money buildings.

I am a low gold buyer -- bought a bit at the beginning but have stopped due the horrid imbalance in the game. I have already planned my exit strategy if I start getting pumelled by the whales.

Plan to sell off all my buildings and buy thousands upon thousands of light gunners 1A and 0D.

But to show I am not completely heartless, I plan to leave my two supply depots for the whales to plunder at will.

Mad, that's the best post I find in the forum so far, excellent! And it is the almost same strategy I follow in the game. And I will definitely follow your exit strategy!

Please post more in that forum like this!!

capri1985
10-16-2012, 11:28 AM
what determines your strongest units to bring to battle

Miner
10-16-2012, 11:45 AM
what determines your strongest units to bring to battle

Your units boosted stats. When attacking, it's the boosted attack stat. When being attacked, it's the boosted defense stat. Am I understanding your question correctly?

capri1985
10-16-2012, 12:00 PM
well i want to put together a spreed sheet so do just pick the most exspensive units going to battle or defense verses attack

coocoo
02-11-2013, 12:53 AM
If you want to play a good war strategy game play Market Glory. This war strategy game allows you to plan fights, and obtain referrals and bonuses for the fights you win. Each time you win a battle, the opponent becomes your referral and pays you taxes from every income.

Undefinable
02-11-2013, 03:29 AM
I auctually have quit good stats...

http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p594/marine1467/ad13a1e7.jpgI'm a level 4 and I have higher stats and iph.

Dilligaf13
04-09-2013, 12:06 PM
By just straight up attacking and not building up an economy you will fly up the levels but soon you will hit a wall as your stats wont increase you will just be buying the units you lost

This method is not suitable for a long term strategy and this game is all about the long term, don't think about what you need today or tomorrow you need to think weeks in advance also if you get to the whales and your stats are under 30k you might as well delete the app.
I totally agree, taken from experience, playing catch up all the time now. Build early money buildings, buy as many units with what is left, lvl up slowly.