PDA

View Full Version : I caved. Im camping.

erik
05-20-2012, 09:35 PM
I know I have preached in so many posts about how camping is a dumb strategy, but I have decided to do it. Hopefully it will make me very rich and powerful amongst my peers.

dudeman
05-20-2012, 09:38 PM
Lol. Auto-correct would like me to say Gong rats.

I think it meant congrats. :cool:

How long did it take you to reach your decision? 10+ months?

Dreno33
05-20-2012, 09:39 PM
haha. I bet it'll look funny that i happened to be posting first of course :P got perfect timing in going back to general to refresh it.

GL, hope you enjoy it, haha. What's your stats? just curious. also, do you have a goal before stepping out of your tent?

blondealex
05-20-2012, 09:46 PM
Good idea, I may do the same and see if they fix the cheating.

OG Kush
05-20-2012, 09:56 PM
I'm camping by only attacking and robbing rivals. This way I get high level respect items whilist leveling up slowy.

Nicholost
05-20-2012, 10:03 PM
I'm camping by only attacking and robbing rivals. This way I get high level respect items whilist leveling up slowy.

That's crawling, not camping. Crawling is doing PvP for as much RP, and sometimes cash, for as little XP as possible.

erik, I'd recommend crawling over camping. Going camping cold turkey has weird side effects; boredom, drowsiness, lack of interest, a burning sensation during urination, etc. Actually, if you experience that last one, you should probably see a doctor.

dudeman
05-20-2012, 10:25 PM
erik, I'd recommend crawling over camping. Going camping cold turkey has weird side effects; boredom, drowsiness, lack of interest, a burning sensation during urination, etc. Actually, if you experience that last one, you should probably see a doctor.

How would you define camping? Taking as long as possible to gain levels?

I think many players eventually find themselves forced to camp. I know I will be forced to camp soon, probably within the next month roughly.

Giedrius
05-20-2012, 10:31 PM
Now I'm crawling, after few weeks I'll start camping... on level 200...

Dreno33
05-20-2012, 10:32 PM
do any of you camp besides the following reasons? just curious...

1) Build Economy
2) Stay on the DL
3) Let 1+ player(s) level beyond you to get our of their radar

Nicholost
05-20-2012, 10:35 PM
How would you define camping? Taking as long as possible to gain levels?

Collect from your buildings and... nope, that's it. True campers don't participate in PvP, PvE, or events. Many campers camp for extended periods and crawl when the opportunities are rich (e.g. events and uncollected lofts). I believe this is white frog's strategy.

Dreno33
05-20-2012, 10:38 PM
I believe this is white frog's strategy.

are you sure? He's was lvl 41 for waaaaayyyyyy longer than that strategy, i think. Doing events and uncollected lofts would have leveled him up to 42 much faster, no?

Nicholost
05-20-2012, 10:46 PM
are you sure? He's was lvl 41 for waaaaayyyyyy longer than that strategy, i think. Doing events and uncollected lofts would have leveled him up to 42 much faster, no?

I know he participated in the last event. Last I heard from him, he was sitting at 8 golden gun parts.

I don't know if he robs lofts or not, but given their RP:XP payout, they are enticing opportunities, IMO.

The point is, the distinction between camping and crawling is whether the player participates in PvP for RP or events.

emcee
05-21-2012, 12:05 AM
Welcome to the dark side........mwuahahaha!!!

Hank
05-21-2012, 12:45 AM
Nicholost, dreno, emcee...im pretty sure you guys are missing the sarcasm of the OP. By camping, he probably meant he just hit lvl 200

Burn
05-21-2012, 01:59 AM
I'm afraid it looks like I am going to have some enforced 'camping/crawling' for a few months.

Wifey has insisted that with this weeks promised arrival of sunshine in the UK, I have to stop playing "that silly game", because we have a life to live.

Summer is generally crazy in our house, as we both have big families, and when the sun is out we have BBQ's most weekends.

So I'm afraid, until Autumn time, I am only going to be logging in at 12 hour intervals to collect, build, and log off again. I need to wean myself off, both game and forums, and give wifey the time she wants - she is very patient with my little addiction, but in this case I have to do as I am told.

Also just got to level 142, and the feeling of sadness that the goalposts have been moved recently was overwhelming - frankly I can see no point in sprinting to 149 if I'm not going to be fully committed to active play - so, basically, I'll see you all in September - I am having the summer off.

Have a great summer all :D

Swifty
05-21-2012, 02:02 AM
I cannot camp or crawl, because I cannot resist the siren call of the energy and stamina bars.

I want to spend every single point.

Vile Lynn
05-21-2012, 02:08 AM
I cannot camp or crawl, because I cannot resist the siren call of the energy and stamina bars.

I want to spend every single point. I know what you mean! It is very hard to resist.

emcee
05-21-2012, 03:11 AM
Nicholost, dreno, emcee...im pretty sure you guys are missing the sarcasm of the OP. By camping, he probably meant he just hit lvl 200
Everyone eventually gives in even at lvl 200 :p

DenZ1
05-21-2012, 03:20 AM
Everyone eventually gives in even at lvl 200 :p

Yep. See you at a level 200. I did try camping before. Too boring. By the time I would have finished camping I would quit playing.
As for summers, I'm on the same page with Burn but only related to weekends :).

Dillinja
05-21-2012, 03:57 AM
I dont see a major reason to camp on higher levels...The weapons on offer just arent worth the money.
Only thing worthwhile is high end attack explosive.

I'm just crawling at the moment, not doing any missions. Just PVP and collecting.
Mission payout and loot is pants for the energy required

Dillinja
05-21-2012, 04:00 AM
I'm afraid it looks like I am going to have some enforced 'camping/crawling' for a few months.

Wifey has insisted that with this weeks promised arrival of sunshine in the UK, I have to stop playing "that silly game", because we have a life to live.

Summer is generally crazy in our house, as we both have big families, and when the sun is out we have BBQ's most weekends.

So I'm afraid, until Autumn time, I am only going to be logging in at 12 hour intervals to collect, build, and log off again. I need to wean myself off, both game and forums, and give wifey the time she wants - she is very patient with my little addiction, but in this case I have to do as I am told.

Also just got to level 142, and the feeling of sadness that the goalposts have been moved recently was overwhelming - frankly I can see no point in sprinting to 149 if I'm not going to be fully committed to active play - so, basically, I'll see you all in September - I am having the summer off.

Have a great summer all :D

Gonna have to pay a visit to norf london...dont worry i'll bring me own cow :P
Good luck man, shame you wont be around as much but I know with the little sun we get, might as well make the most of it

Just remember the factor 50 sun block for that scottish skin

white frog
05-21-2012, 04:31 AM
Collect from your buildings and... nope, that's it. True campers don't participate in PvP, PvE, or events. Many campers camp for extended periods and crawl when the opportunities are rich (e.g. events and uncollected lofts). I believe this is white frog's strategy.
I was at level 41 for a very long time. Then, with the build of my first NC, I decided to bump up to 43 to open up the machine gun... great defense for the $, and I wanted to revisit no-banking to reduce the save time. I was able to accomplish this with only 37 machine guns ($10 mil). I haven't banked since, and no successful attacks.
Anyhoo, I did participate in the latest event, finished with 8 gun parts, and the XP I gained was ridiculous! I'm now over half way through 43... too much for an item that I never got!!! And at this level, the loot is definitely not worth it!
Uncollected Lofts, though... I'll always grab those, camping, crawling, whatever! My main strategy though is LM's (4-7), Lofts, Collection Agencies.

Luciferianism
05-21-2012, 04:39 AM
If I were to camp, I'd get night clubs then drop my mafia right down. Doing it with rubbish buildings would be too slow for my taste.

white frog
05-21-2012, 04:43 AM
That's the plan... almost ready for my second NC, and then drop.