PDA

View Full Version : Modern war is fixed and a rip off!!! The crate scam!!!

Sasuke Uchiha
05-20-2012, 05:46 PM
The sea crate business in Modern War is a complete rip off! Everyone on here should know how it works: you find crates doing battles and missions and then open them for a propeller every hour, and when you have 3, 5, 7, 9 up to 10 propellers you get a prize. Now I've been on 9 out of ten propellers for ages and I've spent over 300 gold to open the last crate, but all I get is laaaaaame units, 100 valor, +1 ally, money etc. This is ridiculous. No other crate gave this problem and now that I am so close to getting a Skull Carrier (the ultimate prize when you possess 10 propellers) I cant.

The game is definitely fixed so that you spend till you drop to open the last crate, but there isn't really a propeller there, they're just messing with you. Like I said it took a maximum of 3,4 tries and you would get a propeller for all the other stages but when you are on the last one, you can't. I've opened over ten crates and no propellers!!!! I am well cheesed off and want MW to do something about this, they're greedy and robbing people!!! So warning to all, dont buy gold and dont bother with the crate scam!!!
:mad::mad::mad:

Sugarymama
05-20-2012, 05:56 PM
The sea crate business in Modern War is a complete rip off! Everyone on here should know how it works: you find crates doing battles and missions and then open them for a propeller every hour, and when you have 3, 5, 7, 9 up to 10 propellers you get a prize. Now I've been on 9 out of ten propellers for ages and I've spent over 300 gold to open the last crate, but all I get is laaaaaame units, 100 valor, +1 ally, money etc. This is ridiculous. No other crate gave this problem and now that I am so close to getting a Skull Carrier (the ultimate prize when you possess 10 propellers) I cant.

The game is definitely fixed so that you spend till you drop to open the last crate, but there isn't really a propeller there, they're just messing with you. Like I said it took a maximum of 3,4 tries and you would get a propeller for all the other stages but when you are on the last one, you can't. I've opened over ten crates and no propellers!!!! I am well cheesed off and want MW to do something about this, they're greedy and robbing people!!! So warning to all, dont buy gold and dont bother with the crate scam!!!

I definitely understand your frustration, but i don't think it's a scam. I did get my 10th propeller using gold, but several people posted on the forum that they achieved the 10th unit with cash. It's really a random thing with the events; sometimes people win all the parts with ease, then on the next event they struggle. Some win with gold, while others can't win even when they use gold. Some people even win using the free option to open boxes. There is no guarantee of winning the top prize, no matter what strategy you use.

Think about it: if every player always won each event, regardless of method, then how are the events really "events"? What would make it special or fun if everyone always won? Fuzio may as well just drop the units in our inventory each month.

Luke7676
05-20-2012, 05:59 PM
Lolz! Man for 1. Dont ever spend gold on it. Because its just gonna piss you off even more, unless you have the rl income to do so. And 2. Lots of ppl have completed the event with 10 free. Includeing me. 3. Toward the end of every event there is a post like this and the same thing is said and replied too.

Just chill out a bit and realize its all a random chance and it is possible. GL too you.

Watash
05-20-2012, 06:03 PM
The lesson to be learned here is that you should not let these events get the best of you. Don't bother setting timers and getting up during the night to get maximum opens. You can most likely get all the way to 8 and 9 units just by casually trying for opens. I have done it both ways. Don't get sucked into using gold, the odds are poor. If it frustrates you then by all means don't even bother with the events. Just my two cents.

Sasuke Uchiha
05-20-2012, 06:08 PM
I refuse to believe it.

Most of my opened crates were from casual its just the last one that's really dodgy

War Priest
05-20-2012, 06:12 PM
Everyone starts out like this. But after so many events you stop getting pissed for not winning. It's all luck and if you are meant to win it, you will win it.

I used to be as pissed as you the second event after spending 3000 gold and not getting number 10. But just take it the cash option and you will win a few events. It might not be the best bonus, but there isn't anything you can do to force yourself to win.

Luke7676
05-20-2012, 06:13 PM
I refuse to believe it.

Most of my opened crates were from casual its just the last one that's really dodgy

Believe what you will buddy. We tried giving our opinions to ya. And all are true.
This was the first event out of all the others I finely made it to 10. First event I used a little bit of gold. Then learned my lesson. Went all free after that and always ended up with 8-9 parts. It's all random and luck.

But they are pretty much made that way because it would be to easy for gold players to get to 10 and free players not. So I believe it's fair. Gold or no gold everyone has the same chance pretty much..

-->FISH<--
05-20-2012, 06:18 PM
I'm sure there is some validity to your thoughts, we have all said the same thing. Saying that, this is the 6 or 7 event and I only use cash option. (don't spend real cash and complain, it's a game and they control the outcome) I also didn't get past 9 until this event. The silly thing doesn't even do what it's supposed to do. So, see there is an up side just be pissed you didn't get one instead of finally getting it and on your moment of jubilation you drop it and it breaks. (we call that irony)

Remember, it could always be worse. Plus the indestructible units are a plus.

Sugarymama
05-20-2012, 06:20 PM
I refuse to believe it.

Are you saying this last event is dodgy, or your last crate was hard to open? I'm confused..

Sasuke Uchiha
05-20-2012, 06:21 PM
Appreciate the replies, im just saying, the numbers dont add up. I must've opened 10 crates or something on my 9th propeller, it should've been a prop. But im just saying guys.

Lets just say...i got sucked in good :(

War Priest
05-20-2012, 06:24 PM
Appreciate the replies, im just saying, the numbers dont add up. I must've opened 10 crates or something on my 9th propeller, it should've been a prop. But im just saying guys.

Lets just say...i got sucked in good :(

10 opens is nothing. Sometimes people have to do 50 or even 80 opens before getting the next part.

Sasuke Uchiha
05-20-2012, 06:34 PM
If that is true it makes me fell better, but also just reinforces that funzio are blood sucking vampires!

War Priest
05-20-2012, 06:39 PM
If that is true it makes me fell better, but also just reinforces that funzio are blood sucking vampires!

Yep, don't feel alone. They sucked 6000 gold out of me before I learned to stop using gold on events. Some get to 10 with only opening 50 boxes, others open over 100 and still don't get to 10. It honestly does just involve luck.

Q Raider
05-20-2012, 06:48 PM
Been on 8 since the first night.

Had a lot of successful opens using cash, units mostly but there have been a couple of decent Valor and cash drops.

Thought I would give Gold a go and got a "Sorry" which really threw me as the response said "Sorry try Gold next time :confused: (ticketed and been returned)

Did another one for a test later and it worked, tried a third this morning and it again gave a "sorry". (Ticketed that one as well). This is a definite message for me to not worry about spending gold on the events, just run the cash option and if you get to seven then you have a couple of units to add to the collection.

hound
05-20-2012, 07:37 PM
SU~ take heed to all the advice given from everyone else on this thread, it's all from experience. I learned my lesson after the first two events, thinking using gold will work... it doesn't. If you can afford gold, use it else where- like buying those warmonger crates. trust me, you will be more happy with the unique units... i have yet to buy 1 or 3 crates and get shorten a unit~ the best i've gotten was 2 Rare's and 1 uncommon: but, that is another thread.
Support, just replied to a trouble ticket i submitted a few days ago- they fixed the problem within 24hrs, but they followed up with an email~ I replied and told them, i think my profile was broken, since i've only been able to reach "9" in every event... i'm sure that will get a LOL from them. Don't let this iOS game stress you out! it's not worth it...

Pyrat
05-20-2012, 07:51 PM
Guess I should have checked this forum before I started wasting money on this scam. I have used gold to open 9 crates but have only been credited for 7.

JMC
05-20-2012, 08:00 PM
It's been confirmed and stated by funzio themselves that drop rates of the event items decrease with each item you obtain.

This was only stated during the first event in a thread on a forums, so i don't blame you for not knowing about it. They really should put that in the event info in-game. I am surprised that no one here mentioned it though.

hound
05-20-2012, 08:03 PM
Guess I should have checked this forum before I started wasting money on this scam. I have used gold to open 9 crates but have only been credited for 7.

I would put a "Trouble ticket" in. It's only a "scam", if you let "them"!

Khimsoo
05-20-2012, 10:13 PM
I also spent a hefty some of gold > 2k to open the crates by stuck at 8 since day 2. V pissed. My LLP got 10th prop using cash only. Even more pissed....

hound
05-20-2012, 10:21 PM
I also spent a hefty some of gold > 2k to open the crates by stuck at 8 since day 2. V pissed. My LLP got 10th prop using cash only. Even more pissed....

you are preaching to the choir... lol, I said it before and I'll say it again- better off using gold to purchase warmongler crates, at least you know- each crate will have something..

hound
05-20-2012, 11:39 PM
"9" hahaha!

Copenhagen
05-21-2012, 12:05 AM

Yes they are and now you know.

richie1105
05-21-2012, 12:47 AM

I agree and won't be buying gold ever again, I had 9 parts 3 days in and 15 - 20 crates and approx £70 later still no tenth, so indeed it is, or the last item is only available to a selected few it's like trying to win the lottery never will I ever buy gold again,

palomafunzio
05-21-2012, 01:55 AM
are you sure>?????