PDA

View Full Version : Heads up level 90 to 93

fuzzy
05-20-2012, 04:33 PM
Heads up to all those players getting close to level 92.*

*There is more hacking going on at this level.

There is a mafia forming called the "cold mafia" ( there words not mine). Seems like I ran it about 10 or 15 of them who are all hackers.

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh500/knaveljustin/Crime%20City%20Public/192f8538.jpg

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh500/knaveljustin/Crime%20City%20Public/4f1630bf.jpg

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh500/knaveljustin/Crime%20City%20Public/42009cc6.jpg

Dravak
05-20-2012, 04:36 PM
Current advise is to totally not spent gold , sorry don't often give that advice .
But am running into a lot of wierd stuff going on , with accounts ...
Especially known glitchers that were not banned .

Fredo
05-20-2012, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the heads up. We all really have to assume that Funzio is inept and completely unable to stop the rampant hacking and exploiting in these games. I keep repeatedly running into players like these and Funzio has not, and cannot, do anything to stop them. And I agree - DO NOT BUY GOLD - your money will simply be wasted relative to the hacking and cheating.

EDIT: I'll add my observation - these look like the cash exploiters/hackers that are leveling up and growing in power. Funzio has done nothing to stop them or weed them out. NOTHING.

Swearengen
05-20-2012, 04:58 PM
GD I am getting tired of this...Maybe time to say F it or drop my mafia to 3 so I don't run into hackers!

Fredo
05-20-2012, 05:05 PM
About dropping mafia - does that really work - if you get to a really low number, do you only see others with a similarly low number? Seems like the only viable defense strategy against the massive, rampant and unstoppable hacking going on. The level of incompetence on display is astounding.

Dravak
05-20-2012, 05:06 PM
no a fix has been in place , that around new pay guy name , you can now see all above and below ...
So his maffia number is correct to spot all ...

Edit: the G is even too good for him :p

Dr BoneCrusher
05-20-2012, 05:20 PM
Got the message loud and clear they sold the company, got their money and nothing will change till the new owners take over, maybe. The thing that sucks is they had a really good thing till it got away from them. Can't believe they got me to spend hundreds of dollars on a game that's on my phone. Like Frank said in Scarface they are a pig that don't fly strait.

Steve0
05-20-2012, 05:27 PM
Shortly we shall join them and win the game. Its getting out of hand. Probably the new owners kids destroying the game.

Fredo
05-20-2012, 05:31 PM
Yeah, I bet things will get even worse when their new Japanese owners and overlords take over.

If interested, you should read up on the acquiring company - it received an adverse ruling on the awarding of rare/unique items in its games in Japan, which was estimated to cause losses of hundreds of millions in revenue. Thus, it wanted to buy a U.S. company to expand its revenue streams. Funzio ended up being that company.

So if you think avarice is the driving force now, the future will probably be even worse.

Also, some people may think that $210mm for the company is a lot, but that is really a middle market price. Plus, we don't know if that consisted of cash/stock/assumed liabilities, so you can't really tell how much was paid. I've been involved with lots of these types of transactions on the buyer/seller/venture capital/investor sides. The people that normally benefit from selling an early stage company like this are usually the founders/high level executives that created the company and venture capitalists/investors that bankrolled it. People like Crime City Mark and L Fizzle who only joined the company recently? Not so much. They could even see their jobs eliminated.

What's interesting to me was that they were first trying to get another round of funding at $50mm based on a valuation of $350mm, but shortly thereafter sold the company. I guess the founders and investors wanted to cash out. I can't blame them given market and product segment conditions.

Fredo
05-20-2012, 05:56 PM
For those interested, here is a link to a story about the acquiring company, Funzio's sales figured and other information. To summarize, Funzio's profitability was probably thin to questionable, and lottery style events will probably be the norm going forward.

http://techcrunch.com/2012/05/08/funzio-was-making-5m-in-sales-per-month-when-it-sold-to-gree-for-210m/

iteachem
05-20-2012, 06:00 PM
Ran into and reported several today....saw the discussions between them

Steve0
05-20-2012, 06:03 PM
So they are doing it in a group,

joaquim
05-20-2012, 06:07 PM
Ran into and reported several today....saw the discussions between them

You can report them all you want but they're not gonna do anything about it.

Fredo
05-20-2012, 06:13 PM
Exactly. Which is evidenced not only by the utterly blatant and brazen level of cheating, but by the fact that they feel they can publicly discuss it with impunity. Certainly, the players think that Funzio is unwilling or powerless to stop them.

iteachem
05-20-2012, 06:15 PM
So they are doing it in a group,

Yup.... Openly talking about their mafia, coordinating attacks. Ridiculous attack and def..40+ k of both for some members...

joaquim
05-20-2012, 06:17 PM
Everyday there seems to be more cheaters. What is wrong with this world that we live in!?

Steve0
05-20-2012, 06:21 PM
Everyday there seems to be more cheaters. What is wrong with this world that we live in!?Its the Justice system in place here which is none, I would rather the cheaters be delt with first before anything else here. But atleast let us know that. I think all of us would be ok with longer turn around with tickets if they were focaced more on cheaters.

joaquim
05-20-2012, 06:23 PM
What everyone should do is completely boycott Funzio's products and not buy gold until they get rid of the cheaters. That way they'll have to pick between losing money or getting rid of the cheaters and I don't think Funzio wants to lose any money.

Spartacus
05-20-2012, 06:29 PM
@whoever asked about dropping their mafia to 3,

It works. I speak from experience. There is only 1 other player that has 3 mob. Only about 5 players can possibly see me on their rivals lists. I have found 2 idiots within my stat range who I beat up daily for 300k. They are running around with all their cash on hand. Not cheaters, just idiots. I rarely get attacked or robbed back, and when I do, it's never successful.

enahs1
05-20-2012, 06:32 PM
I just asked funzio to remove all my grunts so i have 1 mafia member

joaquim
05-20-2012, 06:32 PM

It works. I speak from experience. There is only 1 other player that has 3 mob. Only about 5 players can possibly see me on their rivals lists. I have found 2 idiots within my stat range who I beat up daily for 300k. They are running around with all their cash on hand. Not cheaters, just idiots. I rarely get attacked or robbed back, and when I do, it's never successful.

He's right. He does have the experience just look at his signature.

joaquim
05-20-2012, 06:33 PM
I just asked funzio to remove all my grunts so i have 1 mafia member

Too lazy to do it manually?

Fredo
05-20-2012, 06:33 PM
Already done. I mean, I can think of no other product which has the users as the first, last and only line of defense against misuse/hacking/cheating. And what do you get for doing a job that Funzio should be doing in the first instance?

You don't get back any money that was robbed. They don't restore any explosives that were used. They don't clear your stats to remove unfair losses due to cheating. They don't give you any form of affirmative reward. Instead, they only claim they will "investigate," which often sees no actual results, and even then pledge to NOT tell you the outcome!

I think I know what the "f" and "u" in Funzio stand for.

Christ guys, it's not like you developed the Matrix. Can't you show the bare minimum competence to control the abuse of your product? In the alternative, can you at least admit that you can't stop cheating and hacking? There is no credibility here.

Steve0
05-20-2012, 06:35 PM
I did the same thing I should have around 170 and then thin the heard from thier.

Fredo
05-20-2012, 06:39 PM
Well, it sounds like an entirely viable strategy, so I'll be joining your rank soon. I guess it only affects getting thug life and hardcore hitman goals, which I can accomplish later, if not quitting altogether before then.

iteachem
05-20-2012, 06:39 PM
Too lazy to do it manually?

by grunts he means the mafia that are added in events etc.. you cannot delete them on your own.

joaquim
05-20-2012, 06:41 PM
by grunts he means the mafia that are added in events etc.. you cannot delete them on your own.

Oh thought he meant actual mafia members. Thanks for telling me that.

mnju_03
05-20-2012, 06:42 PM

I'd love to do that... Drop to 0-1!

iteachem
05-20-2012, 06:42 PM

interesting battles if a bunch of us were there

joaquim
05-20-2012, 06:43 PM

I'm with you on that one.

iteachem
05-20-2012, 06:49 PM
Oh thought he meant actual mafia members. Thanks for telling me that.

after rereading it he may have meant them as well.... I just know that those unreal mafia cannot be removed without support help. I helped another player with that.

Sasha54
05-20-2012, 06:53 PM
interesting battles if a bunch of us were there

I would be in - just let me know what you need if I am at the right level I would be glad to help - as you helped me in the past.......

I am at lvl 95 but dont have fulll mob.....

joaquim
after rereading it he may have meant them as well.... I just know that those unreal mafia cannot be removed without support help. I helped another player with that.

He could've asked Funzio to remove mafia members for him. It just depends on how many you want to remove. I've spent the last couple of days removing mafia members to use my better equipment and I ended up removing 400 mafia members. If I had known that I could've just simply asked Funzio to do it for me I would've.

Steve0
for me its also ghost mafia that they will delete as well as 72 henchman

Fredo
05-20-2012, 06:56 PM
Here's a plan:

1. Everyone changes their name to Crime City Mark.

2. Everyone then drops down to the lowest number of mafia members possible.

3. Then it's always Crime City Mark vs. Crime City Mark, making it impossible to tell who is attacking who in some cases. Also, hackers have no advantage.

4. Funzio's revenue plummets.

5. Hilarity ensues.

iteachem
05-20-2012, 07:01 PM
I would be in - just let me know what you need if I am at the right level I would be glad to help - as you helped me in the past.......

I am at lvl 95 but dont have fulll mob.....

I meant if we were all at 1 mafia.. not even thinking of going after this group.... This one guy has a defense of 72K.. Untouchable and with a 43 K attack I would be chicken food...

Steve0
05-20-2012, 07:10 PM
1 Mafia i would have 977A and 721D with out Defence buildings

iteachem
05-20-2012, 07:16 PM
1 Mafia i would have 977A and 721D with out Defence buildings

I bet we could all rob the crap out of each other but never attack... LOL I will have to figure what I would have for attack defense..

Nicholost
05-20-2012, 09:54 PM
In case you guys are curious, I'm at 295 mafia, level 99, and can see up to level maximum, but they can't see down to me. As long as the cheaters utilize full mobs, which most seem to because their big, fake stats inflate their egos, they will pass right over me without incident. I've been no-banking for 11 weeks and have yet to be attacked by a money or RP cheater, despite their significantly better stats. It's because they can't see me down here, not because they don't want my millions. :p

Read the Bracketing Hypothesis thread in my signature. Whether or not the game calculates brackets in the method proposed, one thing is certain: brackets are at least largely dependent on mafia size.

Dreno33
05-20-2012, 09:57 PM
GD I am getting tired of this...Maybe time to say F it or drop my mafia to 3 so I don't run into hackers!

ur henchmen will keep u 100+ lol

G Wiz
05-20-2012, 10:16 PM
wait a minute...

I just joined this cold mafia cause I been getting a lot of mssgs from them. Your saying all of them are hackers or just the ones you came across?

As far as i know, a lot of em are gold spenders. Definately on your side with reporting the rp hackers though!

Tiger187
05-20-2012, 10:33 PM
guys is there any more games like crime city were u gotto level up buy gold this that ive never come across a game like this

Dreno33
05-20-2012, 10:35 PM
guys is there any more games like crime city were u gotto level up buy gold this that ive never come across a game like this

1) Modern War
2) Kingdom Age

ShawnBB
05-21-2012, 12:22 AM
Im in lvl 91 too. Never lack of hackers, LoL.

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w421/ShawnBBB/df5e9d3f.jpg

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w421/ShawnBBB/73234047.jpg

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w421/ShawnBBB/0a5eb51e.jpg

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w421/ShawnBBB/f8c4c5f8.jpg

And his fight lose is only 110
which is very unlikely by simply using that well known glitch.

iteachem
05-21-2012, 04:35 AM
wait a minute...

I just joined this cold mafia cause I been getting a lot of mssgs from them. Your saying all of them are hackers or just the ones you came across?

As far as i know, a lot of em are gold spenders. Definately on your side with reporting the rp hackers though!

I think there needs to be further investigation....I saw several rp hackers including the one fuzzy saw and have been looking around a lot more and reading walls...I see the gold spenders as well..no beef there....but the rp cheaters definately active

white frog
05-21-2012, 04:57 AM
Guys, I do have to defend Funzio here (at least a little). I have, and continue to report cheaters, as I suggest you all do. Even as recently as a just before this recent event, I have ran across cheaters that I reported, and noticed that their hood was almost completely erased, along with all of their equipment. Walls were filled with very angry clutter, thus proving that not only are they cheater, but sore losers as well.
I think that those in charge are trying to get as many of these cheaters as possible, but with so many out there with this latest money glitch, it's just taking them forever. My suggestion would be to reduce your mafia down to at least 20% below the level max, and just sit it out patiently. They will get this figured out eventually!

Edit: Oh yeah... and pray that another gold cheat/glitch doesn't surface before they do... I think we all know that a gold cheat will trump a money cheat any day in the minds of big brother!

fuzzy
05-21-2012, 05:12 AM
wait a minute...

I would agree not all of the hackers but when there gold can not beat you they will get there RP hacker to beat you down.

Swearengen
05-21-2012, 06:41 AM
ur henchmen will keep u 100+ lol

Yeah I know but as stated in this thread Funzio support can remove them for you.

QPR
05-21-2012, 07:11 AM
Funzio really need to act on this whole cheating issue. It totally devalues the game for those who spend RM on gold..

kykboxr
05-21-2012, 07:17 AM

Smart...I was dumb enough to do missions and events which yielded a bevy of 'hentchmen' that I would love to drop, but can't.

Max Power
05-21-2012, 07:47 AM
EDIT: I'll add my observation - these look like the cash exploiters/hackers that are leveling up and growing in power. Funzio has done nothing to stop them or weed them out. NOTHING.

Disagree. You cant get 500+ Chain Whips at that level through cash glitches. There are further hacks going on.

Guys, I do have to defend Funzio here (at least a little). I have, and continue to report cheaters, as I suggest you all do. Even as recently as a just before this recent event, I have ran across cheaters that I reported, and noticed that their hood was almost completely erased, along with all of their equipment. Walls were filled with very angry clutter, thus proving that not only are they cheater, but sore losers as well.
I think that those in charge are trying to get as many of these cheaters as possible, but with so many out there with this latest money glitch, it's just taking them forever. My suggestion would be to reduce your mafia down to at least 20% below the level max, and just sit it out patiently. They will get this figured out eventually!

Edit: Oh yeah... and pray that another gold cheat/glitch doesn't surface before they do... I think we all know that a gold cheat will trump a money cheat any day in the minds of big brother!

I reported a person that had more respect weapons than fight, twice, both times they responded with the canned response, and nothing happened to the person.

Most criminals are dumb, they let greed expose themselves. I wish I knew how to hack, I would probably just take my camper account and hack it believably.

Fredo
05-21-2012, 08:14 AM
I didn't notice the RP items, but am noticing people that have way too many of them and too many cash items, indicating that they're hacking both. This hack is particularly nasty - have been monitoring a guy since he was in the mid-50 levels, and he's now in the low 70s with attack and defense around 30k, with multiple hundreds of high RP and dollar items that cannot possibly have been legitimately obtained. Reported him a week ago, but he's still playing and advancing - and, well, hacking. Please don't try to defend Funzio - this game is insecure and broken. We've had back to back widespread exploits. The hackers are now in control.

G Wiz
05-21-2012, 08:33 AM
Insert movie: Live free or die hard.

Now somebody tell CC Mark to get bruce willis on the phone! He kills hackers!

joaquim
05-21-2012, 09:58 AM
Read the Bracketing Hypothesis thread in my signature. Where the game calculates brackets in the method proposed, one thing is certain: brackets are at least largely dependent on mafia size.

I read it last week I think dropped my mafia by a lot and now I can successfully rob everyone I face. So thanks for making that post, Nicholost. If you didn't, I'd still be getting robbed by a bunch of hackers/cheaters everyday.

joaquim
05-21-2012, 09:59 AM

There's a Scarface game on the app store that's just like Crime City.

joaquim
05-21-2012, 10:01 AM

Yes. I love that plan. Easily one of the best ones for dealing with hackers.

Dreno33
05-21-2012, 10:44 AM

correction: Bruce Willis SAVES hackers.

Aid
05-21-2012, 05:09 PM
I didn't notice the RP items, but am noticing people that have way too many of them and too many cash items, indicating that they're hacking both. This hack is particularly nasty - have been monitoring a guy since he was in the mid-50 levels, and he's now in the low 70s with attack and defense around 30k, with multiple hundreds of high RP and dollar items that cannot possibly have been legitimately obtained. Reported him a week ago, but he's still playing and advancing - and, well, hacking. Please don't try to defend Funzio - this game is insecure and broken. We've had back to back widespread exploits. The hackers are now in control.

I am at level 159. I am currently at war with 2 players and both are exploiting multiple glitches including cash, RP, building and energy. Last night one player with a 30k IPH bought 622 land mines. The other player I watched in the span of 3 hours level up 6 or 7 levels and went from 43 mech suits to 83, and also increased tonfa by 20 or so.
Calling them both out because they have been reported multiple times and continue to exploit the glitches.
Haklim level 180ish and tumza007Inw level 170ish. Yes, not correct to call them out but the hacks are completely out of control

iteachem
05-24-2012, 06:48 PM
FYI...the player fuzzy posted a screenshot of is now an alex at level 114 with 50+/80k att/def numbers. Moved up 20 levels in just a few days and now has 500 plus RPGs and almost half million income

Steve0
05-24-2012, 06:58 PM
whats his name

iteachem
05-24-2012, 07:02 PM
whats his name

It's now Alex.... Was reported so they must have alexed his name since it was a phonetic vulgarity

in-game j
05-24-2012, 08:17 PM
good lord ! ....

msjo
05-24-2012, 09:52 PM
It's now Alex.... Was reported so they must have alexed his name since it was a phonetic vulgarity

Will they do that? I just added a bunch of random mob members so white frog could experiment with the rob defense (and found another android glitch which I reported and got an immediate response that they were going to try to fix it) and a few of them have surprisingly vulgar names. I don't think I'll report them if they don't seem to otherwise be cheaters, but I'm interested to know that they cancel names that way.

TenderPlacebo
05-24-2012, 10:47 PM
I too reported this guy, the only thing that happened was he got even stronger and the generic name. I mean how obvious it is that hes a cheat, he gained 500 RPGs in a matter of days. His R equipment prior to the RPGs was impossible with the amount of fights/robberies he had. He should of been reset, but he didn't get reset he got the name Alex, apparently that's the only problem they saw;)
I don't get it!!!
This game is going down hill and the players(customers) will follow.