PDA

View Full Version : Is there a list of units with "Strong Against" designation?

Mad
05-20-2012, 08:55 AM
Ok. It is starting to get annoying coming on this forum. I always find out something new and invariably it makes my life more complicated in MW.

I was reading a thread about a guy who was getting attacked and was asking for advice. One poster said find out what type of units he was primarily being attacked him (i.e. sea, air, ground etc) and then buy units that were "strong" against those particular type of units.

I had no idea you had to consider that. Does anyone know how much advantage the "strong against" designation gives a particular unit with that designation?

Is there a list of units with their strong against designation? (I am looking particularly for units strong against the air.) I am UK so have been focussing on building shipyards.

I have level 6 shipyard, level 2 airbase, level 3 barracks and level 4 war factory (I may have to upgrade one of these bases to get to units with "Strong against Air" designation).

I can access one ground force -- The Avenger A12 D10 with best against air designation, but those numbers seems a bit weak and it is a valour purchase. None of the Ships which I can access have best against air.

-->FISH<--
05-20-2012, 08:58 AM
Strong Against Air:

Global hawk drone
Anti-Aircraft vehicle
Aircraft carrier
Strike eagle (valor)
Avenger (valor)

SeqWins
05-20-2012, 09:07 AM
Ok. It is starting to get annoying coming on this forum. I always find out something new and invariably it makes my life more complicated in MW.

So it's annoying coming to the forums, but yet you're here asking for help. Interesting.

Ryan5100
05-20-2012, 09:29 AM
There was a thread a while back with all the "strong against" units not sure what it was called though sorry.

Mad
05-20-2012, 09:38 AM
So it's annoying coming to the forums, but yet you're here asking for help. Interesting.

No, what is annoying is that I thought I was starting to figure MW out, but yet again there is another aspect of the game I had no idea about. This forum has been invaluable.

Luke7676
05-20-2012, 10:36 AM
Look for a member named Bronson. He has a strong against unit link in his sig.

War Priest
05-20-2012, 10:40 AM
Look for a member named Bronson. He has a strong against unit link in his sig.

Not anymore.

Bronson
05-20-2012, 10:40 AM
Here you go mate

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?23379-Strong-Against

Luke7676
05-20-2012, 10:44 AM
Not anymore.

Errmm.. Well he used to have it there >.< haha

Bronson
05-20-2012, 10:47 AM

You gotta change with the times Lukey boy, that sig was like so April ;)

War Priest
05-20-2012, 10:48 AM

Here you go mate

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?23379-Strong-Against

Yeah, Bronson. You take it out when people need it. :p

SeqWins
No, what is annoying is that I thought I was starting to figure MW out, but yet again there is another aspect of the game I had no idea about. This forum has been invaluable.

You mean valuable?

War Priest
You gotta change with the times Lukey boy, that sig was like so April ;)

Somebody is getting old.... :rolleyes:

marebear
05-20-2012, 11:29 AM
You mean valuable?No he used it correctly :) It means extremely useful, indispensible

SeqWins
05-20-2012, 11:57 AM
adjective
1.*beyond calculable or appraisable value; of inestimable worth; priceless: an invaluable art collection; her invaluable assistance.

Mary I'm not dumb, Why do people Think Marines are dumb? Lol

I'm just giving him **** because he hates the forums yet he thinks it's the funk...

Hello Kitty
05-20-2012, 12:17 PM
adjective1.*beyond calculable or appraisable value; of inestimable worth; priceless: an invaluable art collection; her invaluable assistance.Mary I'm not dumb, Why do people Think Marines are dumb? LolI'm just giving him **** because he hates the forums yet he thinks it's the funk...Seq, I am a person who doesn't think Marines are dumb. Not sure why you keep bringing it up. I read your post literally as well and thought, "maybe he just didn't know what that word meant." I didn't leap to you nor Marines were dumb.

SeqWins
05-20-2012, 12:40 PM
LOl Kitty it's a thing we say( Marines) we are always saying we are dumb and are only good for following orders lol so it's a thing to rag on myself more than anything lol I now realize you guys don't know everything about the lifestyle or not...

And I don't take anything anybody says here defensively I think Mary knows I didn't take offense to it? This forum thing is always turning into arguments because text doesn't have tone of emotion...but I'm actually a bit of a jokester

I believe the only person so far who has picked up on my sense of humor is BronKing...

marebear
05-20-2012, 01:16 PM
I understood you were razzing on him. I posted with a smile so you knew i was being helpful and not snooty. I have never thought of the Marines as dumb :) but I do agree it is hard to detect sarcasm in some posts. "Anyone who uses the terms a whole nother, irregardless, and all of a sudden must be sent to work camps" ~Stewie Griffin ;)

SeqWins
05-20-2012, 01:23 PM
Mary you are so sweet..:)

Bronson
05-20-2012, 01:51 PM
Seqs stop hijacking threads!!! These dumbs marines eh??

Mad
05-20-2012, 02:47 PM
Strong Against Air:

Global hawk drone
Anti-Aircraft vehicle
Aircraft carrier
Strike eagle (valor)
Avenger (valor)

Quick question: I was able to figure out what base level (except 2) most of those units were on. The reason being since I have not upgraded all my bases, the units are locked and unnamed.

The two I couldn't figure out for sure were the Global Hawk Drone (is that the unit available on level 3 air base). The anti Aircraft vehicle -- I have no idea which one that is.

SeqWins
05-20-2012, 03:29 PM
Seqs stop hijacking threads!!! These dumbs marines eh??

See what I'm saying? I love this guy! Lol :)

Bronco928
05-20-2012, 03:41 PM
Quick question: I was able to figure out what base level (except 2) most of those units were on. The reason being since I have not upgraded all my bases, the units are locked and unnamed.

The two I couldn't figure out for sure were the Global Hawk Drone (is that the unit available on level 3 air base). The anti Aircraft vehicle -- I have no idea which one that is.

The anti Aircraft vehicle (10a / 17d) is a ground unit, it cost $225k and has a medium casualty rate. In my store window it appears above the M270MLRS and in between the Mobile Tactical Unit and the Stryker.

The Global Hawk Drone (4a / 15d) is obviously and aircraft, cost $75k, medium casualty and I believe you have to have a certain level air base to purchase it. In my store it appears above the Sentry Aircraft and in between the chinnok and Eagle Fighter.

Good luck!

Hello Kitty
05-20-2012, 06:00 PM
LOl Kitty it's a thing we say( Marines) we are always saying we are dumb and are only good for following orders lol so it's a thing to rag on myself more than anything lol I now realize you guys don't know everything about the lifestyle or not...And I don't take anything anybody says here defensively I think Mary knows I didn't take offense to it? This forum thing is always turning into arguments because text doesn't have tone of emotion...but I'm actually a bit of a jokester I believe the only person so far who has picked up on my sense of humor is BronKing...Ah, makes sense now. I haven't been around too many Marines. Dad is retired AF - 20 years. In my engineering days, I designed/built radar and targeting systems and support equipment for AF, Navy, and Army aircraft, tanks, and vehicles. Worked with many base commanders and generals over the years.

I know what you mean about sense of humor, sometimes I feel like only Stricker gets mine :)

P.S. I liked your advice (think it was you) for the young gal to go to Citadel.

Mad
05-20-2012, 06:48 PM
The anti Aircraft vehicle (10a / 17d) is a ground unit, it cost $225k and has a medium casualty rate. In my store window it appears above the M270MLRS and in between the Mobile Tactical Unit and the Stryker.

The Global Hawk Drone (4a / 15d) is obviously and aircraft, cost $75k, medium casualty and I believe you have to have a certain level air base to purchase it. In my store it appears above the Sentry Aircraft and in between the chinnok and Eagle Fighter.

Good luck!

Thanks this exactly what I was looking for?

manbeast
05-20-2012, 10:22 PM
my defense plan:

strong against sea:
sea scouts (have 300)
mine launchers (have 200)

strong against air
air craft carriers, havent unlocked them yet lol

strong against ground
railgun destroyer, havent unlocked it yet lol

strong against infantry
dont need em bc infantry die so fast anyways.

side note- does anyone know if any of the new valor units have a strong against?