PDA

View Full Version : Seems like a lot of people.....

Sasha54
05-19-2012, 03:19 PM
Are leaving the game and forum lately.

Just wondered about everyone's thoughts/opinions on that.

Steve0
05-19-2012, 03:25 PM
I am super close to leaving, just hanging on by a thread. I have no RM invested but lots of time.

Vartains
05-19-2012, 03:27 PM
It's bound to happen to us all. Lately the frustration with ALL events got me thinking about quitting. Also I'm not a gold spender and hitting lvl 142 this month, knowing I can't really compete with gold spenders at high lvls gives me another reason. I will keep my android acct but not spending that much time playing.

G Wiz
05-19-2012, 03:34 PM
hate to say, but I am losing an interest as well.

Seasons...

Boom
05-19-2012, 03:55 PM
For me the forums is more fun now...

Inzaghi
05-19-2012, 04:45 PM
I'm at level 72, and I'm a dilligent and limited-gold spender. I seldom purchase gold unless in the events and all my focus is to maximize the economy (100k/hour). I'm not an offensive player, and just enjoy following the strategy and seeing my hood grow.
I recently encountered someone with who keeps attacking and robbing me at least 3-4 times a day for no reason. I tried to start a conversation but was still being offended. I feel insulted but can do nothing to stop it. A rough calculation shows that $800 RM is needed to protect myself. I realize that no matter what strategy I use, I can never protect myself against big gold spenders. The only true strategy is to spend RM to equip yourself and go around beating others. So I'm becoming less and less interested in such kind of game.

Burn
05-19-2012, 04:48 PM
Summer is supposed to start here next week - family around most weekends, BBQs, holidays - my time invested in the game, and the forum, will both be dramatically reduced, but I may come back to it refreshed and ready to re-addict in the Autumn.

Dillinja
05-19-2012, 04:51 PM
Events are predictable, no real challenges, no decent weapons to farm, good friends either leaving or left... not really much left in the game.
Already playing it less and less,so wont be long before I quit also.

Plux
05-19-2012, 04:59 PM
Will you give it 2 more months and see how it goes Dilinja, the forum will be a poorer place without you!

Aid
05-19-2012, 05:12 PM
Events are predictable, no real challenges, no decent weapons to farm, good friends either leaving or left... not really much left in the game.
Already playing it less and less,so wont be long before I quit also.

Agree with Plux. I have not been posting much or playing because of everything going on...hoping my interest will pick up shortly

Gaming Will
05-19-2012, 05:37 PM
I haven't invested much, but I'm not having much fun now. The events drag on and on without much luck. The crates are a rip off now. Everyone hates change and fizzle and Mark aren't on the forums mch anymore. The whole Payam thing has me a little pissed off.

mnju_03
05-19-2012, 05:58 PM
Let's drink this yummy purple kool aid...

Fig Oni
05-19-2012, 06:23 PM
The company has gone fake and that the bottom line.

Lost all morals, company is playing corporate crime city with our real cash.
Is good to know that funzio is a sinking ship losing there player base and that is after implement new goals, events, crates.

Not sure what with the scrather or rare mob but heard from HL players that beta testers are glitching the scratchers, which in conzio term is fair gain.

By destroying your long term gamer base for a few extra $ is not the way forward, how many players have been introduced to the game via word of mouth is very high.

Also been very p'ed of on how conzio trick it's CC players to download it 3rd installment KA with a promise of receiving a hardened shotgun which even after countless email's I have not received just to pump up the amount of people downloading there game.

Last response I got is: Go ahead & play the game(KA). You don't need to stay on level 3 to be eligible. The shotgun will be handed out soon.
On May 10 16:18(PDT)

Still awaiting but first ticket was sent on 25 April, this is after I got the pop up to install KA for UK user.
Still on level 3 of KA just don't care.

Now the good points since the takeover by gree:

None I can think of please help if you can add.

Plux
05-19-2012, 06:35 PM
Fig same goes to you as to Dilinja, and I've not got my Hardened Shotgun either. The place won't be the same without you especially the awesome Avatars.
Fig I know how you feel. Kingdoms of Age is average but doesnt really compare to it's rival by a company famous for its Blue Hedgehog. I named no names, stuck to the rules there ;)

Nudie
05-19-2012, 07:17 PM
Has the game really taken a downturn or has all the "elder" players just become jaded as time goes by?
The "newer" players don't seem to be as frustrated - perhaps they don't know any better...
The forum used to be much more fun with many interesting participants.
The game use to be more fun (for me anyway). Farming used to bring such joy.
Things are just not the same. Boo Hooo.

Swifty
05-19-2012, 07:37 PM
I see myself as in it for the long haul. I am very disappointed that some of my favorite people have quit the game, but I am willing to soldier on in their absence.

PawnXIIX
05-19-2012, 07:43 PM
Well I wouldn't say don't know any better, like me personally i've been here longer than the forums would indicate. I kinda think of myself like...in the middle of newer and elder.

But I just am very easily satisfied when it comes to games. I have very few vexations among the games I played because I never really felt "cheated" by this game so far. I understood that M4s were completely OP and needed to be nerfed, and that's understandable by my opinion...but I don't see why the drops keep getting nerfed. Is there a current version dump of the drop rates somebody did? Is that spreadsheet that was provided in the "Updated best of the best" guides accurate? It seems like that was a drop rate sheet from 4-05-12 and I feel like maybe they changed a little...

Anyway. I feel like the profit motive has unmoored itself from the purpose motive...and if you understand business then bad things happen when the two become separated. *Looks around* Hmm...

tower
05-19-2012, 07:52 PM
The problem I see is the cost of gold. I can understand spending even $5 on an app, $20 for a game that is extremely sought after and high quality. I can see spending $70 on a PC game. I cannot for the life of me understand how spending $100 on 1500 gold is worth it??? This would get me ahead, what, for a few levels...?...before finding the need to buy more.

If it were affordable I might have spend a buck or two. I do go for the free gold, which I assume the ads help pay Funzio...they should get some compensation for the game, absolutely.

I'm on level 71 and realized I leveled up too fast. I've gone from $2000/hr to $20,000/hr in the past few levels and started buying gear so people could stop kicking my arse. I'm semi-camping and building up but I do see the end of the tunnel for me with this game.

It if takes me WEEKS to level up buildings I can't see me staying interested forever in this.

I like the game, but when you look at a game literally taking MONTHS to achieve goals, much less years possibly...I just don't get it. You'll get your big spenders, and then lose money like mad on the people that would have spend $5 on a game with achievable goals.

My $.02

I'm still playing though, so I guess that means something right?

mnju_03
05-19-2012, 07:57 PM
The problem I see is the cost of gold. I can understand spending even $5 on an app, $20 for a game that is extremely sought after and high quality. I can see spending $70 on a PC game. I cannot for the life of me understand how spending $100 on 1500 gold is worth it??? This would get me ahead, what, for a few levels...?...before finding the need to buy more.

If it were affordable I might have spend a buck or two. I do go for the free gold, which I assume the ads help pay Funzio...they should get some compensation for the game, absolutely.

I'm on level 71 and realized I leveled up too fast. I've gone from $2000/hr to $20,000/hr in the past few levels and started buying gear so people could stop kicking my arse. I'm semi-camping and building up but I do see the end of the tunnel for me with this game.

It if takes me WEEKS to level up buildings I can't see me staying interested forever in this.

I like the game, but when you look at a game literally taking MONTHS to achieve goals, much less years possibly...I just don't get it. You'll get your big spenders, and then lose money like mad on the people that would have spend $5 on a game with achievable goals.

My $.02

I'm still playing though, so I guess that means something right?

You share a few views in ways others haven't yet... Nicely put.

G Wiz
05-19-2012, 08:03 PM
Well eventually the first set of players will become that minority with little to no voice.

The truth of the matter is that we were the "beta" generation...no pun intended. We want to hold on to what we planned and played around, but the fanbase is always increasing with fresh players who have no expectations whatsoever, or any connection to the past besides through necro's.

Eh, either we are running with funzio or running away from them.

Edit: Don't be surprised if there is a crash with the forums in which no thread could be saved....

Dravak
05-19-2012, 08:06 PM
Cause free play is not for free people lol , people spending 5$ is nothing , how many people fail to realise that .
Without paying consumers , a play for free , never works !!
Cause people are cheapskates , if you don't have to pay , why should others pay ?

5$ is really nothing in this world ! sorry , 5$ doesn't even buy a decent meal at mc donalds ...
People are having problems understanding money , the concept of money has been out of touch with reality for a while.

Look entertainement money is entertainement , as long you are having who cares what the price is .
For some 5 $ is a lot , but sorry if you are on the internet , then you do not fall into that group !
That is already playing shennigan ! , so if you think 5$ is a lot , then you know what kind of people you are playing with .

Now who do you rather play with ? the ones who have more knowledge of how the world works .
Where you can learn or evolve from , or those similair kindred spirits , with deep depressions , and failangst.
Trying to show they can be successfull , but they never will be .

richard118
05-19-2012, 08:13 PM
When the rulez of the game become constant remaking of the rulez, and more of the same but in a different skin...then it's time to move on. Take a look at World of Warcraft, which has been ongoing for more than 8 years! It takes the active and dynamic process of adding new content, keeping things fresh.

Jill
05-19-2012, 08:30 PM
It's not just that easy to walk away, I know I really really tried, but with a lot of good advise for my forum friends I've found a way of playing the game without the addiction I used to have and I mean i was almost 24\7 before.
I'm a lot more chilled out that before and that's the way I'll stay.
I understand things aren't wonderful within the game but in my time here there was always something to keep keep your interest should it be the latest Payam / Indian or nerding different items or just a thread that makes you laugh out loud, there are things that I missed so much during my time away.
Stick at it and find a way of playing the game that doesn't get you so worked up. That's my advise for what's its worth.

Dravak
05-19-2012, 08:37 PM
Yes it is easy to walk away Jill ;) but you were not ready for it yet .
It is hard to walk away when personal emotions are involved , it is easy to walk away when you know you are being scammed for real or milked as a cash cow .

There is a difference in blaiming Funzio , when you know infact it is your own fault .
And a huge difference when there is nothing left to blaim then Funzio .

See :p logic !

Nicholost
05-19-2012, 09:12 PM
I'm hanging in here, Sasha. I still do like the game -- a little tired of events currently -- but generally, I still very much enjoy a green news feed. The nice thing about taking a defensive approach in CC, where the vast majority are Burn and Babytway aggressor-types, is that there's very little effort needed to see big rewards. I just sit back, collect from my buildings (sometimes I'm even on time) and let the attackers and robbers fly into my bug zapper. It's surprisingly rewarding, that sea of green.

As for the forums, well, they started degrading ever since the M4A1 nerf caused every lurker to create a profile and contribute nothing more than their negativity. No real analysis. No real discussion of strategies or game mechanics. Not many attempts at providing something meaningful. Just a lot of anti-Funzio trash. Even the forum OGs have taken on similar opinions. I'm not saying that everything Funzio has done recently (or ever) has been well planned and in the players' best interests, but it doesn't need to be the focal point of the forums. With that said, if I take a break from anything Funzio in the future, it will be from the forums. I've been lucky enough to participate in some great emails and PMs that have provided me with intriguing technical conversations, so the forums are already losing their luster in my eyes.

John Snow
05-19-2012, 09:50 PM
I'm one of the new players having picked the game up about two months ago. The strategy elements are entertaining and I find that I can make progress even though I just check in just a couple of times a day. At my level (33), I don't encounter heavy gold spenders and I can definitely see how my interest would diminish quickly once I'm in a place where I'll never be competitive (I'll probably never invest RM in the game.)

The forums are helpful to a new player like me. But what I do find is that there's little opportunity for a new player like me to actually contribute anything to the forum beyond newbie questions. While I'm wrestling with whether or not I should buy a Dominican Restaurant or up my mafia count to 50 and get the Movie Theatre, I think for most long-time players, this was a decision made so long ago that its been largely forgotten. My experience with the game versus those of long-term players' is currently so different that the opportunity to connect on the forums is going to be very limited.

I started playing KA when it was released a month ago. It's been much easier to be an active participant on that board because most people are having common game experiences.

<3 Hz
05-19-2012, 11:21 PM
One thing I've noticed is that it seems like a lot of great/cool people leave, but you can't seem to get rid of the bottom feeders.

I'm still hanging around, I won the last event and that helped me feel better. It is getting tougher to hang around trying play the game at Level 185 with these enormous gold spenders. I'm a mostly cash player, probably < 1% of my weapons were purchased with gold. As far as (mostly) cash players go, my stats are probably in the elite category with attack of 37,200 and defense of 38,235. That's nothing compared to big gold spenders, that probably had stats similar to those by the time they hit Level 75. If someone with attack of 125K gets at me I'm helpless. Most are cool and will mob up with you, but others need to be on meds or are socially retarded for real.

Sav Clarke
05-20-2012, 03:17 AM
From my own point of view - the game is now more unbalanced then ever (they nerfed a lot to BALANCE the game but have done the opposite). Annoys me when I come up against someone who has all the M4A1 and the DD's, and all the big event items - I missed out on the oppprtunity to farm these and never have luck in the events to get anywhere near the end item on all the events so far. So for those reasons, my interest is dramatically decreasing :(

Bala82
05-20-2012, 03:45 AM
Well i am still intrested in this game but i am like Nicholost playing defensive is certainly great because you get people attacking you and lose and you get there money. Of course every once and again someone beats me that because few gold items but most are free player i can hold my own.

QPR
05-20-2012, 04:13 AM
Summer is supposed to start here next week - family around most weekends, BBQs, holidays - my time invested in the game, and the forum, will both be dramatically reduced, but I may come back to it refreshed and ready to re-addict in the Autumn.

We will be lucky to get a couple of weeks of sun

heath4pack
05-20-2012, 05:22 AM
Nerfing that particularly popular rifle was the beginning of the end

Max Power
05-20-2012, 06:09 AM
While the M4 nerf was highly controversial, as the old timers drop, the strategy looks better every day. Eventually the handful of M4 farmers left will be in the category of big gold spenders, and statistically irrelavent.

These things always seem to go in a cycle like this. When everything is shiny and new, there is excitement and stategy and a wide eyed view of the whole thing. As time goes on, the eyes narrow, everything you see has been done, and people lose interest.

While Funzio has done a bit with events and scratchers to keep some interest, they really need to do a lot more if they want to keep their best customers. Many are heavily invested in this game and will continue to be if you give them something to do. No new buildings for 35 levels at a time is a poerfect example. Seems Funzio doesn't care much about people level 150 and above. That's too bad, because that's where their best customers are.

I guess their strategy is more of a short term cash grab than extablishing a concept that will last with people for years.