PDA

View Full Version : Modern War !!!!

Ike
05-19-2012, 12:21 PM
Hi all,
I have recently joined the ranks of you all however I have have very quickly found out that unless You spend a $$$$ load of money (to date about £120.00) in just over a week you will not get very far in this game and if you stop spending money and try and just rely on your income from buildings etc. you wont get anywhere fast.
Great game but me thinks that someone is taking the piss big time as you cane a full game for other systems for £45 top wack!!!!!!
You need to do something about this!! Or is that the plan to get rich quick???
This is a huge RIP OFF

Bronson
05-19-2012, 12:33 PM
Here are some tips for you....
1- Look at the strongest player thread
2 - find a poster called JMC
3 - look at his sig

Maverick50727
05-19-2012, 06:08 PM
There are many top free players. Like Bronson said JMC is a good example and there are many others. Look at my signature I'm working my way up still. Many have been playing months longer than me. Time is your biggest enemy. You just have to use strategy. You can never be #1 in the game without spending the most money due to game design. However, you can still play free or spend smaller sums and still compete with a large % of people. You can still have fun as that comes from challenge so that is why I haven't given up or restarted. I chose to fix my errors and continue. I may retire soon or reduce time. But that is due to lack of time due to family and work. But I can say I met my personal goals and had fun.

Ryan5100
05-19-2012, 06:32 PM
There are many top free players. Like Bronson said JMC is a good example and there are many others. Look at my signature I'm working my way up still. Many have been playing months longer than me. Time is your biggest enemy. You just have to use strategy. You can never be #1 in the game without spending the most money due to game design. However, you can still play free or spend smaller sums and still compete with a large % of people. You can still have fun as that comes from challenge so that is why I haven't given up or restarted. I chose to fix my errors and continue. I may retire soon or reduce time. But that is due to lack of time due to family and work. But I can say I met my personal goals and had fun.Sending u a friends request in game

Agent Orange
05-19-2012, 06:59 PM
In the low levels there is no need to spend money on the game though this is where a small amount spent has the biggest impact. Once you get into the highest levels you run into players who have spent thousands of dollars. But as long as you don't have some need to be the most powerful player in the game you can get by spending nothing or very little and still have lots of fun.

Ike
05-20-2012, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the posts guys spurned me on a bit more now as you said it is a very fun game plus have made some good friends along the way.
Just couldn't see a way forward without spending loads of money but there is a way I'm sure as you guys have done it, so if you have any good pointers to help me on my way from this point it would be most appreciated!!

boardgames rule
05-20-2012, 05:30 PM
Hi what is your level and your country?

manbeast
05-20-2012, 09:56 PM
i'm a free player. i'm easily in the top 5% of players in my rival list.