PDA

View Full Version : The "Comparing Buildings" Thread

Dreno33
05-18-2012, 11:30 PM
Here I would like to have a legitimate informative discussion on comparing different buildings.

You could say why one is better than the other or which are worth the money/time.

1) Give the Level Range (i.e. 25-50 or 30+).
2) Give the buildings to compare.
3) Give the reasonings in your comparisons.

If you know how, it would be much appreciated if you put your post in a different color when doing a direct answer to the thread to stand out among the discussion, thank you.

*This may turn out to be a VERY INFORMATIVE THREAD for new and old players, so let's give it a try! I know I'll learn a lot for later on.

**Many of you know very much on this topic and your input would be valued here.

War Priest
05-18-2012, 11:46 PM
I don't get it. You start.

Dreno33
05-18-2012, 11:49 PM
well for CC i could give more, but I got this idea for MW b/c I don't know, really. I WANT to. Plus you have every damn building, lmao.

JMC
05-18-2012, 11:49 PM
Yeah, what's the point of this and what's with the 117+ level range?

Most people should have every money building by the 80s or 90s anyway.

Copenhagen
05-18-2012, 11:52 PM
Oil rigs are # 1 for $ buildings.

Dreno33
05-18-2012, 11:53 PM
Yeah, what's the point of this and what's with the 117+ level range?

Most people should have every money building by the 80s or 90s anyway.

117+ b/c as previously stated, I was thinking of this type of thread for both games. In CC many buildings are unlocked beyond lvl 100. I confused it. I'll edit that part.

Bronson
05-19-2012, 12:49 AM
Sorry I don't do different colours but I will say....

With collection times on average you are only able to collect the 6&8 hour buildings 3 times a day so I would always upgrade the 8 hour buildings instead of 6 due to greater payouts per collection.

JohnnyR
05-19-2012, 12:55 AM
Oil rigs are # 1 for $ buildings.

Have to agree considering all factors. Grabbing 1.5 mil per day from them now.

Level 103 here, I think this advice works best on any level where these buildings mentioned can be unlocked, and planted.

Chem Plants are IMO second best. I don't see why I almost never see them above lvl 1. They're a bit pricey to upgrade, but worth it and with a real good collection schedule at 12 hrs.

Satellite Arrays are another building with good collection times (8 hrs) and good IPH.

For realistic income growth, these three are tops and should be focused on.

Of the other 24/48 hour buildings, Oil Refinery has the best IPH number down the line till lvl 10. I mixed it up with Recyclng, Oil Refinery, and Ore Mine till I got consumed by my CPs, ORs, and Desals.

Desal is a favorite building of mine, very cheap, fast, and decent IPH with good collection time of 12 hours.

Mid, to late game (level 50-60) or above, avoid interaction with Munitions and avoid at all times upgrading Command Center.... Take a look at their IPH at lvl 10 for your first clue-these two rank bottom. Not worth the wasted time waiting for these when you could be working on ORs instead. Beginning game munitions is useful, until you get them to about lvl 6, by then switching over to the previously mentioned money buildings is the wiser course.

I avoid supply depots, armories, oil derricks, and silos. First two aren't in my base, derrick is a nice starter building and is small thankfully, as are the silos.

Bronson
05-19-2012, 01:14 AM
JohnnyR - that's to long to quote but I agree in the most part and my munitions will forever stay stuck on 6&7 and command centre is a joke building.

The 1 hour buildings are my personal fav but that's just because I log on all the time and my first goal is to earn over 100k an hour on the silos and electric plants.

Oil rigs are amazingly fast upgrades so they are part 2 of my current upgrade plan.

Part 3 would be the 12 hour buildings I love these guys but I'm scared of upgrading my military market to 6 as that Is one of my goals and it will start off a chain reaction that I have avoided for over 3 months.

:marine:
05-19-2012, 07:14 AM
I don't even know how to change the text color or the signuntrue text color, but for my levl (26) i don't kno a good money building...

Ascent
05-19-2012, 07:47 AM
I am not sure I understand it either...

But will give it a try in a way I see some sense in it:

Steel Mill is the worst $ / hour building and it still hurts me I upgraded it to level 2 :D

Bio Dome is great, because the upgrades were cheap and fast with great returns.

Chemical Plant is way too expensive to upgrade for the return. I built and upgraded every other money building above Chemical plant because they gave me better return on investment.

Only now I am getting to the point where it will be worth the upgrade because the more expensive buildings now want more than 15 million for the next step... and even now, it is not because they give me the best bang for the buck, but because of the upgrade times and costs involved.

I use an excel spreadsheet to do the math for which buildings are the best investment to ugrade but I am sorry I do not have a history of the progress as I always update the one sheet overwriting it.

But if you take those spreadsheets which our fellow forumites compiled with all the levels and costs you can add columns to those to show you things like which upgrade will get you the most cash / hour increase the fastest, etc.

JohnnyR
05-19-2012, 11:57 AM
The Steel Mill at 28k per hour at level 10 isn't terrible, I can rattle off a whole fistfull of worse buildings. Supply Depot, Armory, Weapons Factory, Military Market, Munitions, Windmill Farm, even the NatGas Plant has worse IPH. It is actually one of the better low end buildings IMO.

Bronson
05-19-2012, 12:38 PM
@Johnny R - can you do me a favour mate and change the color of the txt in your sig as every time I read one of your posts I keep going down and start reading "old friends" and think dam the b@stards got me again lol

JohnnyR
05-19-2012, 01:55 PM
Will do Bron, sorry bout that old friend. ;-)

Bronson
05-19-2012, 02:01 PM
Will do Bron, sorry bout that old friend. ;-)

Cheers JR or if its easier just make all your posts one line long :)