PDA

View Full Version : Clan talk

-->FISH<--
05-18-2012, 11:02 PM
I have played multi-player online games and have seen one clan after another. They pop up and then spilt up at about the same rate. Some have a structure and organization and some are just drinking buddies.

Couple of questions about the clans in MW.

1) How many different clans do you have knowledge of? i.e.: Pirate, Freedom, HM......
2) I can see the need for groups after 100+ lvls but, does anyone get picked on enough at the lower lvls to require back-up?
3) When this talk comes up there are some members that go silent on the topic. Do you think any of the forum members are apart of a clan?
4) If there was a FLANNIES FORUM FIGHTERS (F cubed) clan would it be a policing or a raiding clan? (would they keep the peace or disturb it?)
5) In your opinion what should be the forum criteria be to join the clan?

I'm interested in the different views......Lord knows we have them all.

Jp lfs
05-18-2012, 11:27 PM
I would not be part of a Flan Clan, but only because of the name. Change that, and count me in. Because of our wild differences in levels and ally counts, it would be difficult to coordinate, but if asked, I would gladly destroy someone picking on Aidan. Or wait for someone who hit Bronson hard to level up to me and then SURPRISE!! I also have a fairly strong LLP who could help ruin someone's day.

Copenhagen
05-18-2012, 11:31 PM
I'm down with the policing aspect. Not interested in ganging up on other players unless they are being jerks on the comment walls.

Bronson
05-18-2012, 11:52 PM
Yeah like what JP said its hard enought to sort at a fight out because of levels and allies so a group would be hard to work.

Also I know of atleast 1 forum member who runs with a gang.

Copenhagen
05-18-2012, 11:57 PM
Yeah like what JP said its hard enought to sort at a fight out because of levels and allies so a group would be hard to work.

Also I know of atleast 1 forum member who runs with a gang.

Who? Let's get em. Wait, is it me?

JMC
05-18-2012, 11:59 PM
Good luck at getting him.

Jp lfs
05-19-2012, 12:01 AM
JMC, are you and I on decent terms? I don't remember ever offending you, but you have not been interested in accepting my ally request.

JMC
05-19-2012, 12:05 AM
I don't see your request in my list.

Jp lfs
05-19-2012, 12:09 AM

No sir, I'm sorry. I have asked you about it on other threads, but your number isn't in your signature. I was hoping to get one from you. I just thought I had somehow offended you.

mickymacirl
05-19-2012, 12:13 AM

I sent a request too.

mickymacirl
05-19-2012, 12:14 AM
We are all getting the same level, lets start a clan called [e]mpire

JMC
05-19-2012, 12:21 AM
No sir, I'm sorry. I have asked you about it on other threads, but your number isn't in your signature. I was hoping to get one from you. I just thought I had somehow offended you.

Oh, i post when i'm here, but when i leave and come back, i don't really read the rest of the posts that were made in my absence. Usually because it's always filled in with a few pages of random talking.

Jp lfs
05-19-2012, 12:26 AM
Oh, i post when i'm here, but when i leave and come back, i don't really read the rest of the posts that were made in my absence. Usually because it's always filled in with a few pages of random talking.

Yes, and I have stopped since Maverick pointed that out a few days ago (other than this time.)

:marine:
05-19-2012, 12:28 AM
What clan would I be in? I like the I idea.

Mcdoc
05-19-2012, 03:14 AM
I think there should be 2 Forum Clans - Kinda like the Major League (Level 100 & Up) and the Farm Team - 99 & Below
:)

Major League could be the [e]mpire (Not sure what the [e] is about) - Or I'm a Trekkie and Like "The Federation" :)
Farm Team can be "The Flannigans"

When you reach Level 100 - Farm Team Members move up to the Major League :)

Prob have to have a Google Group for each team though to keep our Clan Business somewhat private and also to not accidentally violate any Forum Policies :)

I really like Covert Ops!

el_gringo
05-19-2012, 04:38 AM
I'd be up for becoming a Flannigan. I think.....

05-19-2012, 04:46 AM
I'll be in the "farm" clan :)

SeqWins
05-19-2012, 05:48 AM
Although I was the first one who ever spoke of a forumite alliance I will never join, a bit right after my post with the proposition I was approached by a mysterious individual with a cape who recruited me to the filthiest crews of them all and dare I not backstab these creatures. These sinistrous beings are known around MW walls as the Filthy 5.

SeqWins
05-19-2012, 06:07 AM
On a more serious note though I think it would be complicated with the difference of levels and such but not impossible.

The first thing you need for an alliance is founding fathers two or 3 good players with above average stats to step up and come up with a name and maybe even a logo...

Second step would be those same originals to come up with a rank structure and this being a War based game to make the structure anything not military is just dumb...

After this you set standards(ie no players under 300k or whatever) you set standards on levels you wish to recruit and based on their stats their maturity as well you don't want dirt bags disrespecting anybody much less your members.

After these standards are set before anybody comes and tries to roll with you I believe you seek out players whom you respect and who happen to have as good if not better stats than you and you give them a rank within your alliance and you ask them to join... With 6 or 7 string members on the same page then you can start recruiting...

After you start recruiting you give that recruit a RECRUIT status for however long you all decided or until they prove they are worthy.

The major thing about this is if you recruit everybody and anybody your alliance will not be respected you might be big in quantity but not quality. Take it slow and recruit carefully and slowly.

I know a lot about this I used to be Goddather and Boss of MySpace mobsters DXD(Death by Drama) years ago when that was big but a complete different game.

Anyways blah.....

Bronson
05-19-2012, 06:16 AM
Good idea Seqs. I think the first rule should be you have to be over level 20 ;)

SeqWins
05-19-2012, 06:22 AM
Good idea Seqs. I think the first rule should be you have to be over level 20 ;)

I agree with you that's why I will not join a crew in a game that has no hitlist board or cannot use hired guns above level 100 maybe that will explain my economic strategy. But hey if anybody has any questions or needs ideas I'll help you out just know I'm unavailable I'm part of the Filthy Five. :)

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c332/SeqTheMesiah/9122a1fb.jpg

Either ways Bron King I'm 12 exp points away from 20 ;)

Jhoemel
05-20-2012, 04:11 AM
I really like the idea of this, Im in

05-20-2012, 04:22 AM
Same I like the Idea

JohnnyR
05-20-2012, 07:53 AM
Love the idea, but the rival list make it sortof hard to carry out operations in tandem (hit list). I think the shark waters (level 105+) is probably best, like McDoc says.

Possible Requirements:
Five figures or more win list.
2 nanos
Full allies

Reason I say full allies is because it is difficult to maintain. A clan should be something to be proud of, something to work toward, something other players marvel at. I honestly think Team Pirate has all the right things going already...

SeqWins
05-20-2012, 08:03 AM
The major thing about this is if you recruit everybody and anybody your alliance will not be respected you might be big in quantity but not quality. Take it slow and recruit carefully and slowly.

Yep, what Johnny said +1

JohnnyR
05-20-2012, 08:05 AM
You laid it out quite well yourself, SeqWins.

Sugarymama
05-20-2012, 08:45 AM
I'm confused. What exactly is the purpose of a "clan" in this game? And how does it benefit you? I'm wondering if I need to consider this since the rivals list has changed drastically for me. Much, much more competitive now.

-->FISH<--
05-20-2012, 08:55 AM
I'm confused. What exactly is the purpose of a "clan" in this game? And how does it benefit you? I'm wondering if I need to consider this since the rivals list has changed drastically for me. Much, much more competitive now.

I think its more about having the ability to call on friends if you need them with a bully and just as the pirates the name regardless of the stats causes people to think twice about attacking you.

I would be difficult to deal with the super gold players anyway but, it better than always being alone. A company of friends is comfort.

Sugarymama
05-20-2012, 09:12 AM
Oh. I see. Luckily I haven't been bullied or overly attacked by anyone, but I guess it's nice to have extra protection..

I probably need one at my level. I'm seeing rivals on my list that are 20, 40, even 80+ levels above me. Crazy..

-->FISH<--
05-20-2012, 09:20 AM
Oh. I see. Luckily I haven't been bullied or overly attacked by anyone, but I guess it's nice to have extra protection..

I probably need one at my level. I'm seeing rivals on my list that are 20, 40, even 80+ levels above me. Crazy..

Thats why when I made Captain I slowed down on pvp to avoid 100+...i'm half way through 99 and know its going to happen sooner or later.

Luke7676
05-20-2012, 09:37 AM
I think the clan idea is great. Wish there was a way to incorporate this into the game. I run a clan in another online game, and it is a lot of fun. I think the Intimidation factor is the best haha. So many ppl rage quit on us when they see the same emblems and ranks haha. But if there were a way to do this in MW I would be game for it for sure.

SeqWins
05-20-2012, 09:50 AM
Luke what game?

Sugarymama
05-20-2012, 09:55 AM
Yeah, you won't be able to avoid it much longer. But it's really not as bad as people think. I haven't been getting attacked much. And when I do, I usually win. My record is 4808 wins and135 losses. I got raided once last week, but I can't always vault my $ in time.

Luke7676
05-20-2012, 10:20 AM
Luke what game?

Reach. On 360