PDA

View Full Version : Golden Units

War Priest
05-18-2012, 02:15 PM
Since the crates have came out I have been buying 10 3-packs. I am debating buying 20 3-packs each now to increase my indestructible unit count faster. I also only buy one of each limited edition and standard units. Am debating if I should buy more to increase my strength and indestructible count. Thoughts..?

JP - Ever thought of doing this?

Mcdoc - How many crates do you usually get?

Basically just curious on what makes you guys buy what units if you don't buy one of each like JP and I.

Jp lfs
05-18-2012, 02:18 PM
Sorry to fail you, but due to a personal catastrophe, I will have to be a free player from now on.

If it helps, I had considered buying multiples of the high-stat air units in the past, and if I was able would start doing that now.

carpinteyroksa
05-18-2012, 02:20 PM
Det er ikke dette nike free dame (http://www.nikefreebutik.com)
holder dette Faktorer, det g?r ikke centrale s?tninger!
Siden enkeltes elektronisk bog kunne udseende og f?lelse bare mens du har brug for det
A l?reb?ger er normalt ikke udf?relse nogen, profit Hvis m?ske de er helt sikkert blive siddende som en del af dit rum bare fordi forskellige ved f?rste nike free run (http://www.nikefreelilla.com ), F?lgende eller blot endelig 12 m?neder klassen universitetsstuderende viste sig at v?re finde en uvelkommen h?r dagtimerne og endnu ben?gtet en persons manuskript. Sikkert der kan v?re korrekte, slush records fra regelm?ssig indsendelse huse normalt er opdr?ttede v?k der vil skole elever kunne tjekke.
Nedenst?ende. prc rapport er bare ikke udfordrende til at g?re hvis du nogensinde have en forst?else af din computerfiler bundtet. Du vil f?
S?ledes forlade heraf manuskript, st?vpartikler at af og derudover nike free run +2 (http://www.nikefree-sort.com)
vi skal tre-vejs dem

War Priest
That sucks man. JP going free... Is all your gold already gone?

Modern Warrior
Hey WP, off topic, but I liked your old pic better. On topic, I was thinking about this today, as in, if I win the lottery what would my gold unit buying strategy be? Came to the conclusion that with crates I would try and play the odds by factoring the % drop into the number bought, if that makes sense!

Jp lfs
05-18-2012, 02:24 PM
That sucks man. JP going free... Is all your gold already gone?

Pretty much... I may be able to do the LE's next week, and a few crates, but I actually started Tapjoy yesterday.

War Priest
05-18-2012, 02:26 PM
Hey WP, off topic, but I liked your old pic better. On topic, I was thinking about this today, as in, if I win the lottery what would my gold unit buying strategy be? Came to the conclusion that with crates I would try and play the odds by factoring the % drop into the number bought, if that makes sense!

Sorry man, two people told me this one is cool. Haha

Anyways, my mindset so far has been to have only 1 of each gold unit excluding crate loot. That way I could have more limited editions in my inventory opposed to having a lot of them with very few limited editions in my inventory.

War Priest
05-18-2012, 02:27 PM
Pretty much... I may be able to do the LE's next week, and a few crates, but I actually started Tapjoy yesterday.

Alright man. Well good luck.

Jp lfs
05-18-2012, 02:33 PM
Alright man. Well good luck.

Thanks...

For what it's worth, I always felt like crates were the best value purchase. You could go heavy with your bank right now and cruise through the next 30+ levels.

bigflan
05-18-2012, 02:37 PM
Okay here it isi know you always restock on gold and so I would buy 40 3 Crates best way to get all gold army

War Priest
05-18-2012, 02:37 PM
It all basically comes down to:

1) Increase crate purchases and keep LE's at 1 of each.
2) Keep purchases the same except get multiple powerful air units
3) Keep weekly specials the same and just increase standard gold air unit count

bigflan
05-18-2012, 02:40 PM
1 all the way

War Priest
05-18-2012, 02:43 PM
I guess there would be option 4 that I have also thought about that is:

4) Keep crate purchases the same and only buy the air limited editions weather it be only one or five.

Jp lfs
05-18-2012, 02:45 PM
The Causeway Bomber and Reaper are pretty good "value" units that will probably make your army long-term at full allies. Some of the lower stat ones are better values, but I don't know if they will even make your top units.

bigflan
05-18-2012, 02:50 PM
The Causeway Bomber and Reaper are pretty good "value" units that will probably make your army long-term at full allies. Some of the lower stat ones are better values, but I don't know if they will even make your top units.Buy some 3 satelite destroyer 2 desert helo 5 causeway bomber 4 reapers weekly would give you a big advantage

War Priest
05-18-2012, 02:50 PM
The Causeway Bomber and Reaper are pretty good "value" units that will probably make your army long-term at full allies. Some of the lower stat ones are better values, but I don't know if they will even make your top units.

No, they won't. My lowest top unit in attacking is like 125A.

I want to make a decision before I start a new strategy I just don't know which I should do. When I say get multiples I mean like 5 max. Not like 10 or 60.

I already know I am not going to get multiples of ground, foot, or sea units since I am Russia.

Tctiger
05-18-2012, 02:53 PM
I'm a free player but if spent gold I would either buy best stat for gold units, the highest stat units or gamble with crates depending on how much gold you will buy, if tons of hold would get best units, if low gold would gamble on crates. If you have one of each unit go for best stat units is what I would do.

spectra
05-18-2012, 03:10 PM
It all basically comes down to:

1) Increase crate purchases and keep LE's at 1 of each.
2) Keep purchases the same except get multiple powerful air units
3) Keep weekly specials the same and just increase standard gold air unit count

WP
It would actually depend on what you want your army to be like
If you are trying to level your atk/def then buying air and sea/ground units that have balance atk/def (for example, if you buy a black bird that has 300+/200 atk/def, then also buy another unit that has "the opposite" 200/300 atk/def
and keep buying 1 LE just for your collection (unless the unit would really aid your stats)
for the crates, since it is a lottey on what you get I would say do not buy more that 20 x3 crates (or set yourself a max for that particular lot) just to see if you get the "whole" set available, then wait for the next set, otherwise you end up with lots of repeats
Cheers

Aidan
05-18-2012, 03:13 PM
Assuming you want to go full allies and golden;
If i have your bank balance i would get

1000 LE/ high stat unit. Preferable air
1000 crates.

You need to focus the LE on air unit since you are playing russia. Also because crates is random.
Fron my roughly calculation by doing this you will have a raw stat of

Attack 326 850
Defence 260 400

Bronson
05-18-2012, 03:17 PM
Assuming you want to go full allies and golden;
If i have your bank balance i would get

1000 LE/ high stat unit. Preferable air
1000 crates.

You need to focus the LE on air unit since you are playing russia. Also because crates is random.
Fron my roughly calculation by doing this you will have a raw stat of

Attack 326 850
Defence 260 400

By rough calculation do you mean you just pulled a figure out of your a$$???

War Priest
05-18-2012, 03:19 PM
Being all golden isn't my plan as of right now. Maybe later though.

Bronson
05-18-2012, 03:20 PM
20 crates is to much as well Priest your gonna end up with a pile of rubbish units you won't use.

Say the crates stay at 175 for 3 that's an extra 1750 gold you would spend your better off just sticking to what you do now but get 2 of the best LE unit which will cost you a max of say 975 gold extra.

Aidan
05-18-2012, 03:21 PM
By rough calculation do you mean you just pulled a figure out of your a$$???

Lololol. Nooo!
I use average of course. For the crates, i used the current 3 pack percentage. It's just a roughly estimation.

The stat is pretty scary isnt it?

Copenhagen
I am a huge propoenent of crates, especially at the lowers levels to avoid loses and buildup overall strength. As you get to higher levels and and max allie count you are limited to 2,000 units for battle. The commons have less strength than the valor units that are now available and at some point you will not be bringing them into battle.

I am transitioning to from crates to a combimation of crates and LEs. With your current strength 10 crates per round is plenty. Pick up th ultra high stat units to increase your average A/D.

War Priest
Should I buy multiple LE air units every week or only when they have the highest stats?

spectra
05-18-2012, 03:25 PM
Should I buy multiple LE air units every week or only when they have the highest stats?

I think when the have the highest stat, but how to know that, you have to use a ref, lets say the blackbird (if the unit has 320+atk then buy a few of them) the same with the ones with high defence
this guys that "visited" me had 65 of them

War Priest
05-18-2012, 03:29 PM
There is no way I am doing 65, haha. By multiple I mean 2-5max.

So 10 3-pack crates and 1 of each LE except when the highest is an air unit then get a couple?

War Priest
05-18-2012, 03:35 PM
That sounds like an OK idea. Still will take awhile to get a lot of indestructibles. I was thinking 20 crates because it is 15% rare but seems like that really is to many.

Warfiend
05-18-2012, 03:41 PM
If I had your funds and was playing russia, I'd be hitting up multiple top shelf LE air units as they released ones I liked. I always try to think long term and like Bronson said, crates will leave you with a load of weak units you won't be able to use, long term. Those top shelf LEs, assuming you continue to regularly purchase them, will make you extremely competitive in the long run. That's how I think anyway.

If I get the itunes card I'm hoping for for Father's day, I'll be buying gold at some point with it and either getting all super carriers, or waiting for a great limited edition boat and a super carrier.

spectra
05-18-2012, 03:46 PM
There is no way I am doing 65, haha. By multiple I mean 2-5max.

So 10 3-pack crates and 1 of each LE except when the highest is an air unit then get a couple?

Yeap
Buy do not forget about your DEF stat also, it will help you once you reach whale territorry (at your curren leveling speed, sometime in the summer of 2015), lol

Selfproclaimed
05-18-2012, 04:08 PM
Wp. Out of curiosity .how much money have you spent on gold??? You don't have to answer if too personal

Copenhagen
05-18-2012, 04:31 PM
65 blackbirds sounds like a good use of $4K ....Not!

War Priest
05-18-2012, 04:39 PM
I think that is what I am going to do. I don't like the idea of having a small inventory so I will keep the 4 weekly units going and crates going, jet get a few extra powerful air units when they come out.

Copenhagen
05-18-2012, 06:19 PM
I think that is what I am going to do. I don't like the idea of having a small inventory so I will keep the 4 weekly units going and crates going, jet get a few extra powerful air units when they come out.

Sounds like a good plan. As organized as you are, I assume you spreadsheet your units and can see the limited value of commons long term. It is tough to pass up the value of the crates, and the fun of gambling with the mystery rewards.

I'm at a wedding now, thought McDoc might be here as DJ, but he's not.

War Priest
05-18-2012, 06:39 PM
Just a heads up, if you want more black eagles you better get them before they lock it. It was an LE a few weeks ago but your still able to buy it in the battle results page. I accidentally bought one and sent a ticket for my gold back. So better get more if you want them before it's to late.

Q Raider
05-18-2012, 07:06 PM
I would only purchase enough crates till you got to one of each for the current selections with an upper limit of ten crates as my maximum purchase amount. If you are very lucky and get one of each in three hits then spend the remainder on units of your choice...

As I am Russia as well, would then concentrate on Air units but also take a good look at any unit in Infantry, Ground or Sea which has a "Strong against" label on it.

As for the LE's they are a purchase as a "collector" and having them is effectively more important than the stats they provide so 1 of each for them is fine if they aren't going to boost, run to five if they are.

War Priest
05-18-2012, 07:12 PM
That is the reason I don't want to stop my one of each. I like to collect them and own a wide variety of units.

Dreno33
05-18-2012, 07:39 PM
War Priest, with the amount of units you purchase a week, why not just purchase 10 of the highest-stat LE item each week? You will, after a month, have 40 new AMAZINGLY high stat units. I would do this if i were you.

War Priest
05-18-2012, 07:41 PM
War Priest, with the amount of units you purchase a week, why not just purchase 10 of the highest-stat LE item each week? You will, after a month, have 40 new AMAZINGLY high stat units. I would do this if i were you.

I will go bankrupt doing that.

Dreno33
05-18-2012, 07:42 PM
I will go bankrupt doing that.

you sure 'bout that?

i just think its pointless is spending money on the 50-300 gold units for you.

War Priest
05-18-2012, 07:45 PM
you sure 'bout that?

i just think its pointless is spending money on the 50-300 gold units for you.

Why, I still use them. Today I had a casualty of a commando so I still use every gold unit I own.

Q Raider
05-18-2012, 08:05 PM
[QUOTE=War Priest;230330]Why, I still use them. Today I had a casualty of a commando so I still use every gold unit I own.[/QUOTE

A casualty......;)

That is GOLD......;)

War Priest
05-18-2012, 08:06 PM
I am not sure what the lowest unit I bring to battle is. Commando is the lowest I have ever lost.

Dreno33
05-18-2012, 08:06 PM
o ok. well nvm then

War Priest
05-18-2012, 08:11 PM
o ok. well nvm then

Yeah, that is why the 20 3-packs was an option. 60 indestructible units. But doing 10 giving me 30 will work eventually too.

Dreno, I am not looking to spend my remaining gold and be done. Just trying to find a new buying strategy. Me buying 30 units from crates every two weeks, and 4 LE's every week is taking an awful long time to increase my indestructible count.

Jp lfs
05-18-2012, 08:54 PM
Take a look at the non-LE or crate items available in the store. Some of the higher level ones may still be locked for you, but they also carry a "Strong Against" which can make a BIG difference. Especially going up against someone with 500+ SH's. The Sentry Aircraft and Reaper both have this bonus, AND they are air units. Just a thought.

Edit- I just double checked. With the Russian bonus + an upgraded Hangar, you would have higher stats on those than Hornets do, especially if your opponent isn't Russian. And up until Level 100, it's a pretty even distribution of flags, maybe a higher percentage of American Flags.

War Priest
05-18-2012, 09:06 PM
JP, I was also thinking about doing that and still getting 2 or 3 of the powerful air units when they come out. I have seen two strong gold players that have about 100 sentry aircrafts. One of them being ChronoFighter, the guy who wouldn't stop raiding me. That will be great to because they are non LE and I could always pick up more anytime I need a boost. I like collecting LE's so that is one thing I don't really want to give up. I am pretty proud of my inventory. Takes like two minutes to finish scrolling through it. :p

War Priest
05-18-2012, 09:15 PM
Make that 200 sentries for one of them. One is my ally and just checked.

100 Super Cobras
200 Sentry Aircrafts
10 Raptors
407 Super Hornets

This is basically all he is running on.

Mcdoc
05-18-2012, 09:42 PM
WP - sorry for the delay to getting on this thread - been busy the last couple of days.

I personally like the crates for the "thrill" of gambling - but I'm really focusing on top air units. I went light on the last set of crates because there wasn't much in the light of powerful aircraft - but anything with over 300 attack points is hard to ignore - which is why I got the rail gun. I was actually kinda regretting the Event Boat knocking my Green Dragonfire out of my top 3 killer air units - but luckily - my nation boost + level 7 Air Hanger kept my top row all air.

It's funny to say that if you buy a lot of crates you will end up with "junk" in your inventory (like the Sentry Bike that looks like it shoulda stayed in CC & not MW) - but truly - I would rather slowly build up the Top Elite Units. Totally wish now I would have picked up 2 or 3 more of those Green Dragonfires :). I don't see that many of them in other people's inventory on the battle reports - which makes it even MORE elite :).

Trying to "cut back" on my gold as I casually glanced over my on-line bank statement & all of those compulsive $99 & $49 gold buys added up to be WAY MORE than I can justify in a game that can't even spit out a BS chopper after 4 weeks & 4 tickets :/ (I'm trying to bring this up MORE than BigFlan's Turrent Operator - LoL ).

So I vote for sticking to 10 crates (a gamble) & focus on Elite LE's :). - . I'm trying to keep my Valor saved up for those 100 Attack Special Ops jets - but the Super Hornets just keep calling my name when I have 45k valor just sitting there that could add to my stats :)

Mcdoc
05-18-2012, 09:47 PM
I'm at a wedding now, thought McDoc might be here as DJ, but he's not.Yo Chew-Dip - you in San Diego? That's about the only way you'd see me at a wedding. Occasionally I go up to Orange County or Long Beach - but mostly Diego :)

I was actually playing at a memorial today.

BTW - Chew-Dip was what my buddy used to call his Copenhagan :)

War Priest
05-18-2012, 09:48 PM
Thanks for your imput Mcdoc. I also wish I would have got 3 Green Dragonfires and 3 Blackbird Jets. Right now I have 77K valor banked up and that is hard not to spend but I too plan on saving if for the final ranking valor unit. I will have a lot of valor to spend once that time comes. Looking forward to the boost I will get! :)

Also, what is your opinion on buying standard gold units like Sentry Aircraft's and Reapers for an extra boost? That will allow me to keep collecting my 4 weekly LE's (more when powerful air units come out) and 10 3-pack crates every release.

Mcdoc
05-18-2012, 09:54 PM
I have 30 of the Sentry Aircraft - but I'm afraid they may fall below my units when I go crazy on the Special Ops Jet. I'd hate to have Golden Units left back in Garrison when I'm off at war :/

War Priest
05-18-2012, 09:59 PM
Thanks for your advice...

War Priest
05-18-2012, 10:31 PM
Now that I have everyones advice it is hard debating weather I should get a bunch of Sentry planes. :rolleyes:

Copenhagen
05-18-2012, 10:53 PM
Yo Chew-Dip - you in San Diego? That's about the only way you'd see me at a wedding. Occasionally I go up to Orange County or Long Beach - but mostly Diego :)

I was actually playing at a memorial today.

BTW - Chew-Dip was what my buddy used to call his Copenhagan :)

Chew or dip work, but I call it a chopper.

I agree with you crate assessment. Sentry bikes are junk.

War Priest
05-18-2012, 11:01 PM
Chew or dip work, but I call it a chopper.

I agree with you crate assessment. Sentry bikes are junk.

To bad you have 13 of them!

Copenhagen
05-18-2012, 11:18 PM
To bad you have 13 of them!

LOL Yep. Almost as bad as the 18 Strike Roadsters and 47 Security Interceptors. I thought there was talk about being able to trade these commons back in for jewels.

mickymacirl
05-19-2012, 02:08 AM
18 liberty transports... 18 strike roadsters...

i guess they arent so bad at high amounts but to be able trade them in would be brilliant

Mcdoc
05-19-2012, 02:58 AM
. . . to be able trade them in would be brilliant

Kinda Like the Carnival where you have to pop a balloon with a Dart:
3 Balloons gets you a Small prize
Trade up 3 small prizes for a Medium Prize
Trade Up 3 Medium Prizes for the 6 foot Monkey :)

Copenhagen
05-19-2012, 07:26 AM
Kinda Like the Carnival where you have to pop a balloon with a Dart:
3 Balloons gets you a Small prize
Trade up 3 small prizes for a Medium Prize
Trade Up 3 Medium Prizes for the 6 foot Monkey :)

Perfect analogy!