PDA

View Full Version : Iphone vs. Android - Should I be drinking Steve Jobs' Kool-Aid?

mistaheatmiser
05-17-2012, 06:37 PM
Alright I'm generally a lurker and not a poster, but as an Android user I am going nuts. My roommate keeps talking about all of these events he can do on his iPhone and the "sweepstakes"? where he gets rewards. Its gotten to the point where I think he makes things up to piss me off. The only "crates" I can buy are like 60 gold (?). So I am asking, as I have yet to find a thread comparing the iPhone to Android version based on what features are missing from the android version of the game. Do all of these rewards provide advantages to iPhone users? Or are they just frilly things? I understand the event aspect but I feel like there are other portions of the game I am missing out on because I don't have an apple device.

TL;DR : Non-Troll wants to know what advantages exist when playing CC on an iPhone.

Also, in the interest of consolidating my questions, as I know it tends to piss people off... I recently reformatted my Android device and lost my CC game. Anything I can do personally to get it back on an Android device? According to you guys, I e-mailed tech support in game and messaged CCM. Typically how long does it take for them to respond? I'm sitting on $4.2 million in collections waiting to be scooped up. Obviously not posting my info haha.

Sorry if these are noobish forum questions...I won't be hurt if you guys take a shot at me haha. Thanks guys.

nopenopenope
05-17-2012, 06:41 PM
I don't lean either way on either platform, but CC has CLEARLY a better developed game on the iOS platform, be it due to more time, a single hardware base to code for (as opposed to numerous hardware platforms on Android devices) which results in YMMV crashes, glitches, etc for those users. If you have the option, use iOS for atleast 6 more months until Android CC has had time to get the bugs worked out.

fuzzy
05-17-2012, 06:45 PM
Events are now released on Android. Make sure you running build 48.

Before you formatted your device you should have created an Funzio ID. Then you could have did a transfer from old device. Clean install your os and then did a transfer and said that it was your new device.

But anyway have you rebooted a couple of times.

The game is tied to your udid so unless that changed you should still have the same game.

Side note ---- you must be at least level 10

mistaheatmiser
05-17-2012, 06:50 PM
I actually went and rooted my device just to see if I could figure out if there was some file I could salvage. I'll try rebooting a few times and see what happens. I am above level 10. Didn't think I would have to transfer my game, as I've reformatted before I played CC and my "Dungeon Defenders" game transferred quite nicely.

fuzzy
05-17-2012, 06:57 PM
Are you running build 48? It was just released today on the Google Play.

mistaheatmiser
05-17-2012, 07:01 PM
Do you think that if I update the game it will bring my hood back? I was afraid to try it

fuzzy
05-17-2012, 07:07 PM
I wouldn't hurt to try.

Like I said it is linked to your udid all files are kept on there servers.

mistaheatmiser
05-17-2012, 07:15 PM
Just updated and nada ; / Guess I'm waiting for Support to get back at me. Hoods gonna be ravaged.