PDA

View Full Version : Advice for continuing

mothergoose
05-17-2012, 03:21 PM
I have been reading all the topics on hood development and the best way to grow your hood and I feel that I am at a decent point, but I feel like I am about to stall out. I have two games going and I am deciding to do one of two things, abandon my level 19 game and start from scratch or figure out how to increase the playability of my level 19 game and stay with it. Either way I am going to just rush through the story part of my level 32 game because having two games going is starting to get really boring.

Anyway, with regards to the level 19 game, here are the stats:

Buildings
2 Laundromats 10/10
2 Pizza Parlors 10/10
1 Ice Cream Shop 4
2 Gas Stations 3/1
2 Delis 10/1
1 Souvenir Store 10
1 Pawn Shop 10
1 Tattoo Parlor 2
1 House 3
2 Diners 1/1
1 Barber Shop 4
1 Gun Shop 10
1 Italian Restaurant 4

Fights Won 293
Fights Lost 19
Robberies Won 64
Robberies Lost 2

Mafia 436
Weapons 1262
Armors 631
Vehicles 360
Mafia Attack 3862 (more like 1383)
Mafia Defense 4295 (more like 1741)
Income per Hour $16075

currently waiting for 4th land expansion.

So here is where I ask for help, do I:

1) abandon this game and start over paying more attention to ROI and leveling instead of camping

or

2) stop camping and start to grow this game because it has a solid base and with a few tweeks it can get back on track.

IF you pick 2, what are some tweeks that I can make to make it better?

joaquim
05-17-2012, 03:35 PM
I think you should buy your second Ice Cream Shop and level both of them to 10. Buy Movie Theaters and Lofts. Judging by your IPH, you should have enough money to buy the Movie Theater if not, you'll probably get it between the next few days. Don't focus too much on Gas Stations, Delis, Tattoo Parlors, and Diners as those will eventually be sold. Buy the second house. Buying the second Barbershop, Pawn Shop, and Gun Shop is completely up to you. I'm kind of against Souvenier Stores since their so big and don't give off a lot of money. Buy the second Italian Restaurant and upgrade it to around level 5 or 6. Warehouses are ok in my opinion if space isn't an issue. But remember, if you're running out of space, the Warehouse will be the first building to go. I hope this helps

mnju_03
05-17-2012, 03:50 PM
Take device, delete app. Problem solved.

mothergoose
05-17-2012, 04:40 PM
Take device, delete app. Problem solved.

Believe me, I am very close to that...

mnju_03
05-17-2012, 04:42 PM
Believe me, I am very close to that...

LOL! I almost did today, Shhh don't tell anybody.

joaquim
05-17-2012, 04:43 PM
LOL! I almost did today, Shhh don't tell anybody.

Too late. I already found out.

mnju_03
05-17-2012, 04:44 PM
Too late. I already found out.

.....FCUK!Damn.

Spartacus
05-17-2012, 04:55 PM
Just putting this out there; there is no "best" way to play the game. There are "better" ways than others, but there is no singular overpowered way to play the game bar spending gold.

No matter which way you play this game you will always end up as fodder for gold spending HL players. It's more of a decision on how to have the most fun before you get demolished.

ShawnBB
05-17-2012, 05:17 PM
I think you should buy your second Ice Cream Shop and level both of them to 10. Buy Movie Theaters and Lofts. Judging by your IPH, you should have enough money to buy the Movie Theater if not, you'll probably get it between the next few days. Don't focus too much on Gas Stations, Delis, Tattoo Parlors, and Diners as those will eventually be sold. Buy the second house. Buying the second Barbershop, Pawn Shop, and Gun Shop is completely up to you. I'm kind of against Souvenier Stores since their so big and don't give off a lot of money. Buy the second Italian Restaurant and upgrade it to around level 5 or 6. Warehouses are ok in my opinion if space isn't an issue. But remember, if you're running out of space, the Warehouse will be the first building to go. I hope this helps

You've made a nice very advice here:)
But IMO,there is a vital problem with the last suggestion...which is Warehouse
If MT is the top must have building in CC. Then warehouse is the top must not have building in CC.
And funzio put it on the goal list to make it lvl7 lol,what a disaster.

Why NEVER EVER get warehouse?

because its an early 8X8 building and a major problem every player facing is the space.
If you decided to get it, are you going to level it up?
I bet 100% you will do, and make it like lvl3 or even lvl4.(what's the point of keeping a major space taking building at lvl1) Then you simply cant sell it when space becomes a problem since your already tossed everything in.

So another problem comes, with the lvl it up to 7 listing right at your goal as an implication. Are you going to do it? I'm afraid that most will say,why not...

Boom that's it, your CC game is screwed. And you find yourself hard to payback and progress slow.

mothergoose
05-17-2012, 05:26 PM
I have decided not to worry about most type B (according to Tramp Stamp) buldings, I tried using the "underated" Arcade on my other game and absolutely hated it. Way too much money for such a small return. Yes it has the advantage of being an hourly collection but the 4th upgrade is $155,000+, no freaking way. Same basic thing goes for the Warehouse. I will worry about it once I feel my economy is as good as it is going to get.

nopenopenope
05-17-2012, 05:28 PM
Level 19 is still so early there's no need to restart. You could take a year to reach 50 if you choose.

joaquim
05-17-2012, 05:32 PM
I have decided not to worry about most type B (according to Tramp Stamp) buldings, I tried using the "underated" Arcade on my other game and absolutely hated it. Way too much money for such a small return. Yes it has the advantage of being an hourly collection but the 4th upgrade is $155,000+, no freaking way. Same basic thing goes for the Warehouse. I will worry about it once I feel my economy is as good as it is going to get.

Yea I got rid of my Arcade too. Piece of advice don't get the Sports Bar when it becomes available to you. It's not worth it. I made the mistake of buying it. I ended up selling it with my Arcade last week. I won't be selling my Warehouse since it's level 7 but I definitely won't be getting the second one. I'm gonna need that space for when I get my Lofts.

mothergoose
05-17-2012, 05:33 PM
Level 19 is still so early there's no need to restart. You could take a year to reach 50 if you choose.

That is kind of what I was thinking too, thank you.

Murda
05-17-2012, 07:45 PM
Don't abandon, you've got a great base to start with.

Just imagine you are starting brand new right now and get those movie theaters and lofts. Delete mafia after getting lofts if you like. When you have extra cash, buy Dominicans, wholesales and beachside inn, oh and t-shirt stands. Those 4 upgrade quite well when you don't have enough cash for MT and Loft upgrades. Always plan on how to get the next MT or loft upgrade and your income will skyrocket. Income grows at an exponential pace if done correctly, so once you start earning it allows you to earn more faster and really gets fun when you get those upgrades that make a huge jump

Murda
05-17-2012, 07:49 PM
Oh and a second house as others mentioned. I utilized my houses as my fall-back upgrade when I needed to save cash for a bigger upgrade.

Actually, now I am utilizing a level 8 MT upgrade as my fall-back to save money for larger upgrades!

gaujla
05-18-2012, 01:01 AM
You should make a to-do list

Build:

1 House
1 Ice cream shop
1 Italian Restaurant
2 Movie theaters
2 Lofts

Upgrade

Ice cream shops
Italian restaurants
Houses

when you have the money - upgrade movie theaters and lofts

emcee
05-18-2012, 01:33 AM
Don't delete this account. You are better off to hardcore camp on this account and only level during events.

Get two of all type A buildings and concentrate on leveling up ice cream and italian restaurants as a priority while saving up for movie theater then loft. You've done the hard part already by getting your laundromats to level 10 and 4 land expansions.

I suggest you drop all mafia and just stick with henchmen. Queue up mob request while you are saving up for mt and mass add once you have the funds.

If you drop all mob chances are with event items coupled with guard towers you will be virtually impenetrable.

Ultimate objective is to get night clubs as soon as possible. If you get your mt and lofts to level 6 and 4 respectively then night clubs are next. Its always easier to build nc at lower levels than higher. Say at level 20 you only have to arm up 100 items in each category even though a 300 mob is a requirement.
This is still a hardcore gameplay style but compared to buying a lot more type B buildings on top of land expansions hoping to unlock nc sooner you are better off with the first suggestion. From firsthand experience my level 59 account is in a worse financial position compared to my level 8 even though it is an older account.

joaquim
05-18-2012, 01:39 PM
Mothergoose, I've got some more tips for you. These are on buildings to avoid (just my opinion). Avoid the following.

Electronics Store: These are just horrible.
Chinese Restaurant: Another horrible building.
Clothing Store: Horrible payout for it's bad collection time.
Meat Factory: Sure it's a 1 day building but it doesn't have a good payout and the upgrade is price is pretty expensive for it's payout. It's better just to stick to Houses.
Collection Agencies: These are only good for farming respect at earlier levels.
Seafood Restaurant: This is yet another horrible building.
Shoe Store: Bad collection time with a mediocre payout.
Wholesale Warehouse: 18 hour buildings give good money but you have to know when to collect them. This one is big so stick with T-Shirt Stand upgrades.

You should avoid these buildings when you unlock them in my opinion, but the choice is yours.

mothergoose
05-18-2012, 05:15 PM
Thank you so much for the advice guys, I have bought the second house and Ice cream shop, working on upgrading the ice cream shops and will be buying the second Italian restaraunt in a few minutes.

joaquim
05-18-2012, 05:21 PM
Thank you so much for the advice guys, I have bought the second house and Ice cream shop, working on upgrading the ice cream shops and will be buying the second Italian restaraunt in a few minutes.

You're making good progress. I recommend Laundromats and Ice Cream Shop upgrades as your top priority. Then you can do House and Italian Restaurant. Then you might have enough money for a Movie Theater. Get both upgrade them to level 4 then go for the Lofts.