PDA

View Full Version : Rankings - Instant Incentive for PvP

frenda
05-17-2012, 12:21 PM
Since some of you don't play MW, I thought I'd report on a new feature over there that has instantly made me a fan of PvP, Rankings. You get points for PvP that add to your overall rank, starting off at Private and moving on up. In order to buy one unit, for instance, you have to achieve the rank of "major", no small feat. It added a whole new wrinkle to the game and made me stop camping and start doing PvP again, which I normally hated doing. Hope Funzio is considering something similar with CC, like starting off as a street-thug and moving all the way up to Godfather...

Discuss! :)

Dipstik
05-17-2012, 12:24 PM
Be nice if any rankings were more substantive than simply fights won or lost. Total money robbed, for instance.

G Wiz
05-17-2012, 12:26 PM
I--Love--This.

I would instantly be at gang boss or something similar...I know others would be quite a short distance away from Godfather, but it is still a great idea I think.

Might also get people to level up faster and close the gap on that shark bracket.

frenda
05-17-2012, 12:26 PM
Rankings is actually the wrong term to use here, but that's what Funzio calls it. It's Rank, as in moving up through the ranks. But I agree, some type of rankings would be especially cool, like for that level, or for that level and that number of allies, whichever way they wanted to crunch the numbers. They probably don't keep track of how much money won or lost though.

frenda
05-17-2012, 12:29 PM
I--Love--This.

I would instantly be at gang boss or something similar...I know others would be quite a short distance away from Godfather, but it is still a great idea I think.

Might also get people to level up faster and close the gap on that shark bracket.

Only problem is that you start over, from that moment on and don't get credit for past PvP, at least that's how it was in MW. Sorry. But it would give the guys at the higher levels incentive to do more PvP too. Maybe they can grandfather clause some points for anyone over level 100, for example, and start them off halfway up the chain rather than at ground zero?

Swifty
05-17-2012, 12:38 PM
I like the idea of everyone starting at zero.

Ghost818
05-17-2012, 12:42 PM
It sounds more logical to start from scratch.

Maniaxe
05-17-2012, 02:45 PM
I was really exited when I saw this the other day. I almost never play MW but this has brought my "camper" out of the woods. While the in-game cash is a little futile, the gold, items, and "RP" rewards make PvP even more enticing.

The only logical reason I can think of for it to NOT start from scratch would be to give those who are at lower levels more rewards due to the lack of formerly powerful farm-able items. Funzio doesn't get any profit from the new PvP rewards so I could see something like that happening to create a more level playing field where people are more likely so spend some gold to catch up to the older players with a slight advantage.

But personally I would like to see it start from scratch. The world changes roll with the punches.