PDA

View Full Version : Correct Ally Count Now Shows

Maverick50727
05-17-2012, 12:16 PM
I just noticed that when I go to my allies list now I se people with their correct ally count if they are move their max. Before all I saw was 500, then had to go to their stats to see the real number. This changed for me in the last hour I think. Any other changes anyone has noticed. I didn't see any new building, units, etc. I haven't checked to see if they added any missions for people mining valor at the 500 range.

spectra
05-17-2012, 12:30 PM
I see my rival list and see the number of allies they have
players with 1072 allies
606 allies
and so on

Maverick50727
05-17-2012, 12:44 PM
I see my rival list and see the number of allies they have
players with 1072 allies
606 allies
and so onFor how long? Just today? Didn't knwo if this was a staged thing or if the devs made other changes I havn't found yet. Did just lose my first venal fighter, but i don't have tons of them like some people.

JMC
05-17-2012, 12:44 PM
Yep, just noticed this too. This could just be a change to show how many allies everyone has, or it could be a sign that very soon, having more allies will give you more benefit. Or that new valor missions are on the way.

JMC
05-17-2012, 12:45 PM
For how long? Just today? Didn't knwo if this was a staged thing or if the devs made other changes I havn't found yet. Did just lose my first venal fighter, but i don't have tons of them like some people.

You just lost your FIRST venal fighter? You still have the casualty glitch then huh? Venal fighters drop like tree snipers used to when i brought them to battle.

spectra
05-17-2012, 12:56 PM
For how long? Just today? Didn't knwo if this was a staged thing or if the devs made other changes I havn't found yet. Did just lose my first venal fighter, but i don't have tons of them like some people.

I have been doing PVP all morning and just notice the change about 1 hour ago
I am In Surrey, BC Here is 12:56 PM (Pacific time)

azy
05-17-2012, 12:59 PM
The change just took place within the last hour on my account. Local time: 3:58PM EST.

The implications of being able to bring more than 2,000 units into battle are interesting. I might regret plunking hundreds of millions of $ into expensive units.

JMC
05-17-2012, 01:02 PM
If they do eventually allow more units to be brought to battle, they should put a gold unit cap at 2000. Capping it at anything else would be unfair to the guys who already have a gold army, but they need to put a cap.

Maverick50727
05-17-2012, 01:52 PM
If they do eventually allow more units to be brought to battle, they should put a gold unit cap at 2000. Capping it at anything else would be unfair to the guys who already have a gold army, but they need to put a cap.
Yes I agree. 2,000 gold to be brought to battle out of 8,000 units. Meaning 25% can be bought, they can buy better gold units, but just would replace a lesser. If they are a "collector" then they still can, but just wouldn't be able to use them. To be more fair to those that have already maxed out their armies as pure gold, I would suggest pairing it with the military surplus building I have mentioned a few times for selling cash and loot units. Cash and Loot could be sold for a much discounted price to make money, but gold units should have a equal exchange rate for in game cash. So if they go above 2000 gold units, they could sell their 2001'st gold item back. They could use the ratio like you buy 650 gold = 18,003,00 cash=$49.99. They still could buy more powerful gold units and seel weaker ones if they choose for in game cash to muy more cash based units.

Untimately the high end spenders should have the final say so in any change since they are the ones who paid and be given advance notice to prepare just in case they don't have any economies. Most of the biggest gold spenders I've seen have economies to support non gold units too. I can't see any person really rejecting the idea of a gold cap to battle limit. It would make the game more challenging and fun for all, not shifting the ballance of power since the top tier would also get to use an additional 6,000 units too. Increase the max units, setting the cap and giving a sell option at the time would be the only way to go I think. Just a proposal to make things fair and still maintain some competition maybe.

JMC
05-17-2012, 02:06 PM
PvP ranks now showing up on the rivals list.

Maverick50727
05-17-2012, 02:17 PM
Wow. Maybe somebody didn't like that suggestion. Don't know if this was really in response for the suggestion but was perfect timing. It took 5 minutes and I got hit by someone with 280K stats vs my 55K (not team pirates that everyone has been mentioning). It had been almost 6 hours since a major whale had attacked me. It couldn't be for valor since I'm a lower ally count and wasn't a raid for money. Maybe just battle points, but I shouldn't give that much. LOL

Agent Orange
05-17-2012, 02:37 PM
Has someone confirmed if the 2000 unit cap has now changed since the number of allies is showing over 500?

Maverick50727
05-17-2012, 02:46 PM
Has someone confirmed if the 2000 unit cap has now changed since the number of allies is showing over 500?That was the first thing I tried, but no. If you attack someone with over 500 allies, they still only brought in 2000 units. At least it does for me thus far. I tried someone with 502 allies first because I was wondering the same thing. If it had changed I would have expect to see a large jump in my stats since I have over 8000 units.

Maverick50727
05-17-2012, 02:56 PM
PvP ranks now showing up on the rivals list.
Indeed it does. When I first noticed the ally count change everyone was still showing as private. I see the correct ranks now.

JMC
05-17-2012, 05:04 PM
Rivals list changes drastically between the 501 ally range and the 499 ally range. I think the guy who attacked you is hiding from the pirates in the 499 and lower range.

KCh
05-17-2012, 05:15 PM

Before the update, I had around 140-150 Venal Fighters and now I'm down to 65. Most of them lost from getting attacked and not from doing attacks. I found that when attacking players under 5000 defense I will often have zero casualties now, but attacking anything higher than 5k-10k, I will lose 1-2 venal fighters on every single hit. The new casualty rate of the venal fighter is way higher than biowarfares and demolitions now, and way higher than all other units in my army.

Poopenshire
05-17-2012, 05:23 PM
I just lost all my valor missions. I had completed #139 of force degradation and no more showed up. Seems weird as I am level 91 and that one had a much lower ally count required so I assumed I would still be moving up.

Maverick50727
05-18-2012, 11:14 AM
Before the update, I had around 140-150 Venal Fighters and now I'm down to 65. Most of them lost from getting attacked and not from doing attacks. I found that when attacking players under 5000 defense I will often have zero casualties now, but attacking anything higher than 5k-10k, I will lose 1-2 venal fighters on every single hit. The new casualty rate of the venal fighter is way higher than biowarfares and demolitions now, and way higher than all other units in my army.
I only had 45 and down to 42.

FYI,
I can't confirm this without access to a current plst file, but from the comaprisons between the one that trampstamp posted and the last one that DigitalWalker posted, there was a big change. Digital walker's was dated from the time period during a event (3/28), so I suspect the devs temporarily lower consumption rates during events. I doubt that was a perm change on their part.

In general what I found was that reductions in consumption rates on units were reduced as follows:
Valor 50%
Cash 20-40%
Loot 0%

So if they still continue to do this type of reduction in events periods, then I can understand why Venal Fighters get lost more since I didn't see where any loot changed.

The data files can be a taboo topic but seem to be common knowledge to most in the forum these days. If a dev does pop in I'm sure they will say "I can neither confirm nor deny this". What do you say CC Mark? LOL