PDA

View Full Version : Like Al Gore, I'm taking credit for it!!!!!

frenda
05-17-2012, 11:48 AM
It seems Funzio (Fizz) does listen and took my suggestion about using promotions etc in their rankings feature. I think it's pretty cool and adds a new twist to the game. :) And yes, Al Gore and I invented the Internet. :)

frenda
05-17-2012, 12:16 PM
Of course the average age of MW players is like 12 so they don't know or care who Al Gore is or even remember a time before the Internet... Sheesh, gotta pick my audience, I guess. ;) Just watch, half of you will now go google Al Gore. We had google in my time, it was called a damn library!!! Man I feel old!!!!!

Buggs1a
05-17-2012, 12:21 PM
Al gore is horrid. He sucks.

frenda
05-17-2012, 12:22 PM
Al gore is horrid. He sucks.

Hehe, thanks, couldn't agree more. :)

Warfiend
05-17-2012, 12:54 PM
Al Gore never said he invented the internet. One thing your old library never had was a way to check the truth of popular urban legends. The internet has that. :p

GhostShot
05-17-2012, 12:58 PM
meh, the rank titles are based loosely off the American Army's ranks, with obvious exception to spec ops. the graphics for the ranks on the other hand are based loosely off the Marines'.

fail fail fail

Aidan
05-17-2012, 01:02 PM
Not sure about general MW players but people here in forum mostly are married and some are really old like Bronson for example. He's like 75.

frenda
05-17-2012, 01:55 PM
Al Gore never said he invented the internet. One thing your old library never had was a way to check the truth of popular urban legends. The internet has that. :p

"During my service in the US Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet." I can look stuff up too. That sounds pretty dang close to what I said. And no, I didn't invent the ranking system, just like Al didn't invent the internet. Thanks for playing along. :)

frenda
05-17-2012, 01:58 PM
meh, the rank titles are based loosely off the American Army's ranks, with obvious exception to spec ops. the graphics for the ranks on the other hand are based loosely off the Marines'.

fail fail fail

Why do you say that? The graphics for ranks are US Army ranks. A General only has 4 stars though, 5 is a General of the Army rank.

What?
05-17-2012, 02:33 PM
I believe al gore passed legislation that brought about the public Internet. He didn't invent it. Without the government involvement in its inception however there may not have been a public Internet. Im sure eventually it would have happened, but his championing it spearheaded the efforts for the infrastructure. Before this most intranets were in the military and colleges.

jobadass
05-17-2012, 02:38 PM
Good job frenda! Unlike Al gore, I hope you don't invent global warming:)
He was/is/and always will be a joke.

frenda
05-17-2012, 02:39 PM
Good job frenda! Unlike Al gore, I hope you don't invent global warming:)
He was/is/and always will be a joke.

Thanks Jo, good to see someone got the joke. ;)

jobadass
05-17-2012, 02:46 PM
Got it. To go OT, your pic looks like you are sitting in the front of some sort of UH. I was 3/5 class at Bragg many a year ago.

GhostShot
05-17-2012, 02:50 PM
Why do you say that? The graphics for ranks are US Army ranks. A General only has 4 stars though, 5 is a General of the Army rank.

the two NCO ranks have crossed rifles under the chevrons. ok, so to be fair, they just jumbled both the Corps and the Army's graphics. and GOA != GEN

fail fail fail.

stricker
05-17-2012, 03:51 PM
Thanks Jo, good to see someone got the joke. ;)...fyi, i liked it frenda. just didn't post a big LOL for you.

btw... Al changed the wording from global warming to climate change. sooo... for any and every fluctuation in the weather he can now claim to be responsible for giving us advanced warning!!!

frenda
05-18-2012, 06:21 AM
Got it. To go OT, your pic looks like you are sitting in the front of some sort of UH. I was 3/5 class at Bragg many a year ago.

cool, spent 6 wonderful weeks at Bragg, in the summmer too, lol. yeah, it's a Blackhawk. love that aircraft!

frenda
05-18-2012, 06:23 AM
the two NCO ranks have crossed rifles under the chevrons. ok, so to be fair, they just jumbled both the Corps and the Army's graphics. and GOA != GEN

fail fail fail.

Yeah, the crossed rifles is def wrong for Army rank. GOA does not equal General, it's one above. or are we agreeing? the 5-star rank is jus sexier, i guess, that's why they went with it.

YLL
05-18-2012, 09:04 AM
Back in 1989, one of my secondary school teachers split the class into several groups and we were challenged to come up with futuristic inventions. At the time, I had an Amstrad PC with 16kb (yes, kb!) of RAM. I proposed a computer-in-a-briefcase wth phone and foldable mini-satellite dish, so I invented the laptop.

My teacher, however, said my proposal was childish - and awarded 'best invention' to a triangular hifi...

YLL
05-18-2012, 09:06 AM
By the way, around 1997 or 1998, "peace-loving" Al Gore tried to incite the people of Malaysia to rise up and overthrow... wait for it... a government that was elected democratically in elections that had been declared free and fair by international observers. Government and opposition actually united to condemn his call, lol!

Warfiend
05-18-2012, 09:20 AM
"During my service in the US Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet." I can look stuff up too. That sounds pretty dang close to what I said. And no, I didn't invent the ranking system, just like Al didn't invent the internet. Thanks for playing along. :)

That's not saying he invented the internet. The context of that statement was he was asked what about his record set him apart. The legislation he pushed for did indeed play a pivotal role for creating the public internet as it is today. It might have eventually happened some other way, but it didn't. Thank you for playing the politically motivated misinformation game.

Warfiend
05-18-2012, 09:29 AM
By the way, around 1997 or 1998, "peace-loving" Al Gore tried to incite the people of Malaysia to rise up and overthrow... wait for it... a government that was elected democratically in elections that had been declared free and fair by international observers. Government and opposition actually united to condemn his call!

He's a poltician, that's what they're like. I honestly don't grasp why anyone believes in any of them. Every election is like one big argument between fans of two different conmen.

GhostShot
05-18-2012, 09:33 AM
Yeah, the crossed rifles is def wrong for Army rank. GOA does not equal General, it's one above. or are we agreeing? the 5-star rank is jus sexier, i guess, that's why they went with it.

"!=" is geek speak for "does not equal"

threadjack - this is now an Army thread.

air assault. air assault. hair assault. chair assault. bear assault.

mickymacirl
05-18-2012, 10:05 AM
Al Gore is a liar and a biggot. Google Al Gores house energy use.

Pot, hey man, you gotta meet this guy I know called Keetle!

frenda
05-18-2012, 10:36 AM
Back in 1989, one of my secondary school teachers split the class into several groups and we were challenged to come up with futuristic inventions. At the time, I had an Amstrad PC with 16kb (yes, kb!) of RAM. I proposed a computer-in-a-briefcase wth phone and foldable mini-satellite dish, so I invented the laptop.

My teacher, however, said my proposal was childish - and awarded 'best invention' to a triangular hifi...

Now THAT is funny!!! I think you have to re-evaluate your life if you feel compelled to defend Al Gore... Just saying.

frenda
05-18-2012, 10:37 AM
"!=" is geek speak for "does not equal"

threadjack - this is now an Army thread.

air assault. air assault. hair assault. chair assault. bear assault.

hoooahhh, and i got the badge to prove it. ;)

Warfiend
05-18-2012, 10:41 AM
Now THAT is funny!!! I think you have to re-evaluate your life if you feel compelled to defend Al Gore... Just saying.

You shuld re-evaluate your life if you believe in any of them, and most especially if you think close enough to the truth is the same as the truth. That's the philosophy of half assers.

frenda
05-18-2012, 10:43 AM
You shuld re-evaluate your life if you believe in any of them, and most especially if you think close enough to the truth is the same as the truth. That's the philosophy of half assers.

Agreed. How do you know a politician is lying? His lips are moving.

Warfiend
05-18-2012, 10:45 AM
Agreed. How do you know a politician is lying? His lips are moving.

You're too generous. I go by whether they're alive or not.

Aidan
05-18-2012, 10:54 AM
Politicians

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w421/sly715091/f52beffa.jpg

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w421/sly715091/c0ece2ab.jpg