PDA

View Full Version : Balancing my army, looking for advice.

Arj
05-17-2012, 09:02 AM
Just a quick sidenote, my first thread on here, been lurking for about 5 weeks since i started playing but have finally decided to post.

So my question relates to balancing my army in terms of number of units im willing to lose everytime i attack(meatshields) to units i wouldnt want to lose very often. I decide on whether its acceptable losing a unit in relation to profit of the hit. Right now about 40% of my army of 430ish units consists of units i dont mind losing, and the rest are either industrutable or units i dont like losing. Most of my attacks gain me 15k-50k per hit in cash and therefore losing units on average of about 10-15k keeps me in the green.

So heres the issue, in order to increase my army strength i have to increase my density, in order to do that i have to reduce the number of meatshields(at this time) i have, therefore increase my cost of a average attack.

Ive seen people with a third of my income with 2-3X my army strength with units that cost more then their hourly income as their meatshields....... how do they every attack anyone for a profit? its hard enough finding things to attack at my level of 41 for the amounts i mentioned earlier.

So enough blabber and im probably talking nonsense but finally i ask

Is my army stength capped barring making my raiding ability at this level practically improfitable apart for a rare lucky find? without adding gold or allies units obviously.

Obviously replacing my strong units with even stronger units is something i have thourght off, but this progression is very slow due to not losing my current strong units often, and i believe it maybe very costly when considering the constant xp gain i experience, raiding has to be profitable for me.

Thanks for any help in advanced:)

Maverick50727
05-17-2012, 09:46 AM
The cost of your meatshileds or cost of average attack really depends on your economy to support the losses. Hard to say without knowing your units, level and stats. Early on you might think 50K SEAL is expensive, but later a Leopard Tank is cheap. Depends on your point in the game and your supporting economy which should be built early on.

Balance in general is different for everyone depending on your playstyle attacking or defending/camping. Some people will say that in the long run 2000 if the most strongest units on both attack and defense sides will get you the max. But IMO there a few problems with that. 1.) time to get there 2.) cost of lost units 3.) if you have 2000 air you might be vulnerable another unit that is strong against (just becuase there might not be one now, doesn't mean it won't be later. Game changes all the time) For these reasons and more I think a balanced army in air, sea and ground is best. Infantry just has too high of a loss rate for me.

I go for units that are low or very low and have a strong against if possible. Infantry can or any units with high loss rates in the right qty can be used as meat shields providing you have the income to replace losses.

Important thing is to max your vault as soon as possbile. Early on under L60 I found base defenses help, but once you go above that the skill points seem to off set it too much and people's stats vary in ranges much greater. Base defenses ony help when the person raiding/attacking is close to your stats and they haven't put all their skill points in attack.

The best thing you can do is have a good economy as in the ealy game. It is easy to make money on every attack or raid then. Once people have maxed vaults and get attacked more, they will leave less money exposed even above a 10mil vault in fear of losing it. I can hit 20 people and often not find a single dime exposed, so you have to attack wisely. In higher levels money is earned via missions, goals and raids instead of attack. Also cash goals for meeting certain attack, def or ally stats will run out (I think inthe L60-70 range) so don't depend on any amount of income that you can't generate via your money buildings. Also expect at the higher lever 60% will be raided if you leave uncollected for more than 30 minutes. Collect early and often.

JMC
05-17-2012, 09:52 AM
If you want to go up in strength, you have to buy more expensive, stronger units. This will also mean your meatshields become more expensive, stronger units. Right now SEALs are my meatshields.

You won't be able to make a big move like this until, you've got the income to support it. So by the time you have that new level of income you will also be able to support your more expensive meatshields.

Also any sort of profit from PvP pretty much goes away once you get into the higher levels. Make as much as you can while you're still low.

Arj
05-17-2012, 10:02 AM
thanks mav for the info, helpful as always. i am on your friends list and often check your base/army unit structure to see how a free player(like me apart from tj) can sustain into later levels.

At the moment im using most of the cash generated from raid/attack to boost my income, its at about 93k an hour which is low i know but like i said i only started playing around 50 days ago. Ive been able to constantly expand/build when i have space/upgrade allowing me to get every income building up to oil refinaries, my main weakness is my lack of unit building upgrades but it hasnt been an issue since i rarely get attacked. But that isnt because my stats are huge, infact there around average at 2500attack/defence depending on a few things. My vault is only 750k but i havent stopped upgrading it once till now so i just have to deal with that with timely spending.

Ive come to notice that if you dont want to camp, and you want to maintain atleast a reasonable income for your level, effective highly profitable raiding is the only way you ll even have a chance up to this level. But i have a feeling the game will soon change haha and camping will be my only option.

boardgames rule
05-17-2012, 10:15 AM
Hey arj I sent you a PM with my modern war id.

Aidan
05-17-2012, 10:20 AM
For late starters, camping od turtling is a must. You cant compete with players that have a 3 months head start.

Lets say you dont turtle or camp and continue to pvp your way up. In a month time, you'll be L60-L70 if you are active. With small vaults, low boosts building, low unit building, and low economy, you will be slaughtered to death. Players at that level will have max vault, at least Level 4 or 5 boost building, economy of at least 180k and airfield/docks at least level 6-7.

You wont be anywhere near these stats. So for you, camp or turtle is a must.

Arj
05-17-2012, 10:31 AM
i had a feeling that would be the case aidan, camping sooner or later but when i started playing my goal was to get as high as i can as fast as i can, not only in level but in all facets knowing id camp at some point. If i camp now....id lose alot of profit from raiding, up to 2million a day sometimes, so im thinking get to 59, then camp to a much stronger situation before breaching nano territory. But if i start getting pounded before then ill stop and drop allies probaly.

See how it goes:)

If it does work out okay, its a great way for players to move past the boring levels towards 60 quickly without suffering to much damage.

Aidan
05-17-2012, 10:43 AM
No camping below 50. This will be your best level to pillage & plunder. Only upgrade your unit like air or dock so that you can buy better unit. Besides adv airbase and dry docks are only unlocks at level 40 & 50.

Maverick50727
05-17-2012, 01:27 PM
thanks mav for the info, helpful as always. i am on your friends list and often check your base/army unit structure to see how a free player(like me apart from tj) can sustain into later levels.

At the moment im using most of the cash generated from raid/attack to boost my income, its at about 93k an hour which is low i know but like i said i only started playing around 50 days ago. Ive been able to constantly expand/build when i have space/upgrade allowing me to get every income building up to oil refinaries, my main weakness is my lack of unit building upgrades but it hasnt been an issue since i rarely get attacked. But that isnt because my stats are huge, infact there around average at 2500attack/defence depending on a few things. My vault is only 750k but i havent stopped upgrading it once till now so i just have to deal with that with timely spending.

Ive come to notice that if you dont want to camp, and you want to maintain atleast a reasonable income for your level, effective highly profitable raiding is the only way you ll even have a chance up to this level. But i have a feeling the game will soon change haha and camping will be my only option.

Forgot about you. I have so many allies it is hard to keep track. LOL

Base looking good. You should be able bulk up your stats with some sea units. I see you already have been doing transports, frigates and inflatables like you should. sea scouts if you can get them are better than subs.

Unit upgrades are important, but not as bad as you think. Economy I think is better to start with. I didn't unlock many units until just recently. I would upgrade your sea next to get the cruiser and hovercraft. If you have unlocked the naval battle already and get a few cruisers, then providing you have enough energy 2X370 on the adv destroyer there will get you between 189000-623000 cash payout. Good way to make quick money and since the requirement are cruisers and subs, you will find you lose subs first, but 9 times out 10 you come away with no losses or the payout is greater than your loss. You just have to watch the 112 exp it gives as you can level quick. Do that mission 4-5 times and you can buy a few more 225K cruisers easily and afford upgrades or expansions. Try to do the valor based goals and the cash based ones where you meet a certan level of attack, def or ally count. They should cycle in that order until they run out. Concentrate on the target goal, meaining if it is valor based, concentrate all your attacks on meeting that goal if possilbe (valor payout increase slowly) If it is cash based goal like attack stats X, go inflatables or something higher on the attck vs. defense. I found it easier alternating and quicker to reach the target. When I finihsed the attack one, I did def, then ally. Put your MW ID in your signature and on the add section of the forum and bump it a few times to people see it. You will slowly get people asking to be allies. Just save them up pending until the goal says increase allies to X, then you are ready to drop in what you need to continue. Once you do the ally goal it should go back to the attack stats goal. The last one is ally count of 500. At that time you can drop your allies to whatever you want.

Arj
05-17-2012, 02:08 PM
I havent considered pve as a huge cash gain up till now even though i do missions to farm sometimes. Often the xp gain puts me off and i rather gain that xp in raiding cash but as i level i believe ill have to become less dependent on pvp and more on pve. Definatly try out those units mav, and maybe consider camping at 52 if farming the naval battle proofs to be lucrative for me. Thanks again for the help and ill add my info in my sig.