PDA

View Full Version : You may have a moder war problem if...

What?
05-16-2012, 09:09 PM
If your wrist, thumb, or pointer finger suffer from repetitive stress injuries you may have a modern war problem.
If you have spent more money on gold than food, electricity, water, rent, or garbage collection you may have a modern war problem.
If you had to call apple support to unlock purchases of gold you may have a modern war problem.
If you have ever collected money from buildings while operating a motor vehicle you may have a modern war problem.
If you utilize the snooze button on your alarm clock to wake you every hour you may have a modern war problem.
If you reply to 70 or more percent of bigflans posts in the forum you may have a modern war problem.
If you see "arrrgh" and know exactly what I'm talking about you may have a modern war problem.
If you forgo leaving the house because your device only has wi-fi you may have a modern war problem.

War Priest
05-16-2012, 09:11 PM
All 8 apply to me. Especially 2 and 3.

So I have a Modern War problem?

What?
05-16-2012, 09:23 PM
If you can't spell modern war correctly you may have a modern war problem. ;)

Hello Kitty
05-16-2012, 09:24 PM
You may have a moder war problem if...

9) You recognize the term nano to mean something other than a billionth
10) Tapjoy is bookmarked as a favorite in your browser
11) You tell people you're not really playing a game if you're just collecting money and promptly exit
12) You can bypass #8 because you have 3G and can take your iPad into a restaurant because there is an event
13) You searched the internet for Modern War (MW) game strategy and happened upon the MW forum...and joined!

Hello Kitty
05-16-2012, 09:32 PM
All 8 apply to me. Especially 2 and 3.

So I have a Modern War problem?What about 6? :rolleyes:

War Priest
05-16-2012, 09:35 PM
What about 6? :rolleyes:

I do that because I feel bad nobody else really does. And you know how he repays me? He follows me everywhere and then when I get in an argument he jumps on their side and tries to point out my flaws. Haha

spectra
05-16-2012, 09:56 PM
You have a modern war problem, if you wake up on the weekend and collect your money and try to open the box, before saying good morning to your spouse, lol

Cheers

War Priest
05-16-2012, 09:59 PM
You have a modern war problem, if you wake up on the weekend and collect your money and try to open the box, before saying good morning to your spouse, lol

Cheers

Haha, that is mean buddy!

Copenhagen
05-16-2012, 10:03 PM
If you have the forum open on your lap top and game on your pad at the same time.

If you tivo the end of the Laker / Thunder 3 times because you are checking out your rivals list.

If you act like you are verifying something someone said in a board meeting by wipping out your pad, but really opening a crate the second the timer is up.

Hello Kitty
05-16-2012, 10:13 PM
If you have the forum open on your lap top and game on your pad at the same time.

If you tivo the end of the Laker / Thunder 3 times because you are checking out your rivals list.

If you act like you are verifying something someone said in a board meeting by wipping out your pad, but really opening a crate the second the timer is up.Bahahaha! I resemble your 1 & 3!

spectra
05-16-2012, 10:19 PM
You have a modern war problem if you are in a meeting with your boss, and tell him you need to go quickly to the washroom....... just to open a box, lol (man!!!!, have I done that during events) :)

Warfiend
05-16-2012, 10:19 PM
10) Tapjoy is bookmarked as a favorite in your browser

Good thing it's my homepage and not bookmarked, otherwise I might have a problem.

Hello Kitty
05-16-2012, 10:21 PM
Good thing it's my homepage and not bookmarked, otherwise I might have a problem.Bahahaha! Yup, not a problem for you. :rolleyes:

hb bombers
05-16-2012, 10:22 PM
If you'd raither collect your money off your Nano's than watch Pujols hit his 2nd home run. I still can't believe I missed his home run live!!!

Copenhagen
05-16-2012, 10:24 PM
If you'd raither collect your money off your Nano's than watch Pujols hit his 2nd home run. I still can't believe I missed his home run live!!!

Were you at the Big A tonight? I was there for his first.

hb bombers
05-16-2012, 10:33 PM
Were you at the Big A tonight? I was there for his first.

I wish! I was at home watching but the Nano's popped at the same time he hit the home run and I totally missed it! Had to watch the replay. This could be a sign that he'll hit a home run every time they pop!!

stricker
05-16-2012, 11:00 PM
...rotflmao after reading through!!!!!!!!! ...wow, you guys have some serious MW problems!!!

i'm afraid if i post something on this thread...
y'all will think i may have a modern war problem

JohnnyR
05-16-2012, 11:01 PM
If there are two specific browsers dedicated to MW on your iPad...and an excel spreadsheet...
If there is a dedicated power cord at work, at home, and in your backpack just in case.
If life is planned and lived in one hour chunks during events.
If you have timed your morning so that you can:
-Open an item upon waking
-Open an item right before leaving for work
-sit in the car for 20 minutes at work waiting for the third open.

....problem....whaaaaat problem!

stricker
05-16-2012, 11:23 PM
if you spend an hour and a half in the bathroom hiding to play MW during family night...
you may have a modern war problem
if you go shopping with your spouse and drop them off at the front door of the store so you can sit in the car and play modern war...
if your child gives you a dirty look when he catches you collect money in the middle of a church service...
if you dread going on a trip to a 3rd world country because you know you won't be able to play MW during that time...
if you forget to eat 2 of 3 meals a day because you don't want to miss anything on the game or forum boards...
if you go to the grocery store with your spouse and play MW the entire time while pushing the buggy...
if you keep spreadsheet on forum members' names...
if you keep a tally sheet of event open attempts...
you may have modern war problem

overkill 280
05-16-2012, 11:33 PM
if you spend an hour and a half in the bathroom hiding to play MW during family night...
if you go shopping with your spouse and drop them off at the front door of the store so you can sit in the car and play modern war...
if you child give you a dirty look when he catches you collect money in the middle of a church service...
if you dread going on a trip to a 3rd world country because you know you won't be able to play MW during that time...
if you forget to eat 2 of 3 meals a day because you don't want to miss anything on the game or forum boards...
if you go to the grocery store with your spouse and play MW the entire time while pushing the buggy...
if you keep spreadsheet on forum members' names...
if you keep a tally sheet of event open attempts...
you may have modern war problemI'm with ya on 3,7 and 8 ;)

Bronson
05-17-2012, 12:47 AM
If you can't go to the bathroom without your phone you have a MW problem
If your vaguely aware of the 2 starving children following you around you have a MW problem
If you have nearly crashed your car 3 times because your trying to vault your money you have a MW problem
If you turn the tv on just for background noise you have a MW problem
If you can carry a conversation with your partner without taking your eyes off the screen you have a MW problem
If everytime you look down your phone is in your hand you have a MW problem
If you see cute stuffed kittens in your daughters room and it makes you want to attack a rival you have a MW problem

mickymacirl
05-17-2012, 01:09 AM
Just like to point out you can't call Apple Itunes support, you have to email them! Bastards!

Bronson
05-17-2012, 01:41 AM
If your getting angry at Apple iTunes support because they won't let you buy gold you have a MW problem

mickymacirl
05-17-2012, 01:59 AM
If your getting angry at Apple iTunes support because they won't let you buy gold you have a MW problem

hahaha so true

Mcdoc
05-17-2012, 02:15 AM
I resemble ALL of these remarks :)

Except the last one about the Kitty - killed the cat on the 4th event - jk

Everson25
05-17-2012, 02:17 AM
If your vaguely aware of the 2 starving children following you around you have a MW problem
If you have nearly crashed your car 3 times because your trying to vault your money you have a MW problem
If you can carry a conversation with your partner without taking your eyes off the screen you have a MW problem
If you see cute stuffed kittens in your daughters room and it makes you want to attack a rival you have a MW problem apart from the last one all applicable to me according to my lovely wife... Lol.

hound
05-17-2012, 04:47 AM
http://www.interventionhelpline.org/

If your family sends you this link....

overkill 280
05-17-2012, 07:33 AM
If you see cute stuffed kittens in your daughters room and it makes you want to attack a rival you have a MW problemWell other then not doing the T.V thing, and my daughter has a Hello Kitty hat, but it doesn't make me wanna attack a certain ally :p I'd say we are...How would you say it Bronson..Spot on mate!! lol

War Priest
05-17-2012, 07:38 AM
Just like to point out you can't call Apple Itunes support, you have to email them! Bastards!

You can call. It isn't the itunes number but if you call the main Apple line they can fix it for you.

You can also chat with them.

mickymacirl
05-17-2012, 07:42 AM
You can call. It isn't the itunes number but if you call the main Apple line they can fix it for you.

Don't forget I'm in Ireland, the sales support or hardware support doesn't deal with iTunes at all :( No chat option in the Irish iTunes Store :/

War Priest
05-17-2012, 07:45 AM
Don't forget I'm in Ireland, the sales support or hardware support doesn't deal with iTunes at all :( No chat option in the Irish iTunes Store :/

Wow, that does suck. No call or chat... Sorry buddy. I feel you on that one. I get made when support takes a day to reply. Though most days, they usually reply in 30 minutes or so.

mickymacirl
05-17-2012, 07:46 AM
Wow, that does suck. No call or chat... Sorry buddy. I feel you on that one. I get made when support takes a day to reply. Though most days, they usually reply in 30 minutes or so.

yep, no issues since so all is good!

hound
05-17-2012, 07:48 AM

I'm on a first name bases with them 😃 hmmmmmm...

War Priest
05-17-2012, 07:50 AM
I'm on a first name bases with them �� hmmmmmm...

Haha, man everybody is. They always call you buy your name to show they care. Honestly, Apple support is the best support out there. Yeah somethimes it might take a day, but they are pretty good at caring.

stricker
05-17-2012, 07:51 AM
@bron... why so pc??? "partner" ...lol ...i thought you enjoyed peevin' people off!!! =p

mickymacirl
05-17-2012, 07:54 AM
I detail with Apple Corp Support in work and they are very good, they would want to be after spending 27k on Art Coordinator machines and their software :P

marebear
05-17-2012, 08:14 AM
If you ignore all phone calls, emails and texts to keep your modern war app open after events have ended. And you talk to your forum friends more than your real life friends, and can relate to every post in this thread, you might have a modern war problem :)

Aidan
05-17-2012, 09:17 AM
I may have a MW problem... I'm fcked

Everson25
05-17-2012, 09:24 AM

Cheers I was just reading all messages but yours was hilarious. Yes, I do that sometimes... Lol.

Everson25
05-17-2012, 09:32 AM
Stricker! When I read yours about church reminded me what I did the event before. My wife went to take my daughter to nursery in the beginning of service so I got the phone and tried my lucky to open a box. The funny part is that I got one opened and couldn't say anything to my wife otherwise she would be mad at me.

Gotrovr
05-17-2012, 10:16 AM
If you play MW on your wife's phone and call her every hour to remind her to open a crate

If your wife reads a message left by another player saying your an idiot for spending so much on the game

Warfiend
05-17-2012, 10:20 AM
None of us have problems, we're all casual MW users. We can quit any time.

Bronson
05-17-2012, 10:21 AM

You go first Warfiend lol

Bronson
05-17-2012, 10:22 AM
If you can now understand what bigflan is saying you have a forum problem!!!

Aidan
05-17-2012, 10:23 AM
If you play MW on your wife's phone and call her every hour to remind her to open a crate

If your wife reads a message left by another player saying your an idiot for spending so much on the game

ROFLMAO!!
You'll be forced to quit if that happens

I keep telling myself that everyday i look into the mirror

spectra
05-17-2012, 10:26 AM
You have a modern war problem if you keep track of events like this
Me, yesterday May-16-2012
1am Armored Charger
2 "sorry"
3 Did not try
4 1.25 M
5 "sorry"
6 "sorry"
7 Deffense cannon
8 "sorry"
9 1.25 M
10 Armored charger
11 "sorry"
12 noon "sorry"
1pm Armored charger
2 "sorry"
3 500 VP
4 "sorry"
5 "sorry"
6 "sorry"
7 "sorry"
8 "sorry"
9 "sorry"
10 "sorry"
11 Armored charger
12 midnight "sorry"

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! I tried 23 TIMES, DAMN I think I have a MW very serious problem... lol

So, there, the open rate is very bad for me right now using Medium change (119k per try)

Aidan
05-17-2012, 10:28 AM
You dont sleep spect? You definitely have a problem!!!

Warfiend
05-17-2012, 10:30 AM
You go first Warfiend lol

Since it's not a problem and I can quit anytime, there's no need to quit.

spectra
05-17-2012, 10:49 AM
You dont sleep spect? You definitely have a problem!!!

I have a small medical issue during the night, which I hate (since I do not get a good night sleep), but comes handy during events, lol

But yes, I think I have an MW problem!!!!! lol
Cheers

stricker
05-17-2012, 11:41 AM
I was just reading all messages but yours was hilarious. Yes, I do that sometimes... Lol.ooohhh yes... i was called out BIG TIME on that one!!! ...she was very P!553D!!! ...apparently i had been doing that for about a whole week w/o realizing it... MAN!!! that was not a good day...

Bronson
05-17-2012, 11:45 AM
Evening Strick! I laughed my a$$ off to you collecting in church, good job it was the kid and not wife who caught you and hope you gave a portion of the proceeds to the collection plate!!

stricker
05-17-2012, 11:50 AM
Since it's not a problem and I can quit anytime, there's no need to quit.
BAH-HA-HAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you tell everyone you are retiring and there is a pool going around on the boards of how soon you'll be back...
you might have a modern war problem.
if you actually follow through with retiring from the game but lurk around the forums a couple of times per week for the next 3 months...
you might have a modern war problem. (@ TS)

spectra
05-17-2012, 11:59 AM
You have a MW problem if you wake up every hour on the hour withoug any alarm, thinking is time to open another box.............BUT there is no event going on

Cheers

stricker
05-17-2012, 12:00 PM
Evening Strick! I laughed my a$$ off to you collecting in church, good job it was the kid and not wife who caught you and hope you gave a portion of the proceeds to the collection plate!!
...LOL ...unfortunately it was my 13 yr old who plays MW too!!!
sooooo...

if your kids are extorting $ and/or special permissions from you for not tattling on you to their mom...
you might have a modern war problem.

http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af58/rmgboys/MW_glitch/YOU.png

frenda
05-17-2012, 12:05 PM
If you see cute stuffed kittens in your daughters room and it makes you want to attack a rival you have a MW problem

OMG really? that's too funny!!!

What?
05-17-2012, 12:42 PM
If you are on a first name basis with Mark, Lauren, or Chris, you probably already have a modern war problem and hopefully they can fix it.

spectra
05-17-2012, 12:48 PM
If you are on a first name basis with Mark, Lauren, or Chris, you probably already have a modern war problem and hopefully they can fix it.

This one has War Priest written all over...... lol

Chimera
05-17-2012, 06:33 PM
If you read an article in USA Today (about 2 years ago) about an addicting iPhone game and you installed it and were addicted and then installed another game (that was advertised in the 1st game) to play while waiting for the first game and then became addicted to the 2nd game and then installed Modern War to play while playing the 1st game and camping in the 2nd and then Modern War became primary, the 2nd game secondary, the first game… I’m outta control! I can’t even compose a short sentence! I need more sleep, more human interaction, less Excel spreadsheets.
I can quit. As soon as I get out of “the Nile” River.

Copenhagen
05-17-2012, 09:45 PM
@ Chimera - Level 7 ? Really? We have got to get you and Dreno together for a rumble on Forum Fight Night!

What?
05-22-2012, 01:13 AM
If you watch 30 rock and see this guy
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj105/slowmotionnoob/601e6040.jpg
And think of this guy
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj105/slowmotionnoob/21ee5a9f.jpg
You may have a modern war problem.

:marine:
05-22-2012, 01:26 AM
If you watch 30 rock and see this guy
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj105/slowmotionnoob/601e6040.jpg
And think of this guy
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj105/slowmotionnoob/21ee5a9f.jpg
You may have a modern war problem.
LAMOOO That just makes me laugh so much man.

Hello Kitty
05-22-2012, 02:46 AM
Awesome! I'm at airport and laughed out loud!

Michael0218
05-22-2012, 05:04 AM
You might have a Modern War problem if...

You agree just abit too fast with your wife that you should sleep on the couch so you can open crates all night long.

stricker
05-24-2012, 01:33 PM
If you are still banging away at your keyboard trying to reply to members comments while your were caught in funzio forum log-in debacle...
you may have a modern war problem.

(inspired by bronson)

spectra
05-24-2012, 01:38 PM
You might have a Modern War problem if...

You agree just abit too fast with your wife that you should sleep on the couch so you can open crates all night long.

Even A worth Modern War Problem, YOU START a "fight/argument" with your wife, so that she will send you to sleep to the couch....

War Priest
05-24-2012, 01:44 PM
Even A worth Modern War Problem, YOU START a "fight/argument" with your wife, so that she will send you to sleep to the couch....

Haha, that's a good one.

Ramshutu
05-24-2012, 01:51 PM
- if you take cash out of an ATM and 'for a split second' wonder whether you will be over your vault limit
- someone sends you an email with red text in it, and you have to scan it twice to make sure you haven't lost any military ambulances.
- when your boss asks you 'when will you have time to fit this in...' and you start of thinking 'well the upgrade of my ore mine will complete in 42 hours, so....'
- you shout at someone at work, then have to shout at them more because while you were shouting at them, you missed a collection and got raided.
- you take a few seconds to remember that the McDonalds menu does not show A/D values.

frenda
05-24-2012, 01:52 PM
ROFLMAO... Too funny!!!

frenda
05-24-2012, 01:52 PM
maybe McDonald's need to post A/D values... ;)

stricker
05-24-2012, 01:54 PM
- if you take cash out of an ATM and 'for a split second' wonder whether you will be over your vault limit
- someone sends you an email with red text in it, and you have to scan it twice to make sure you haven't lost any military ambulances.
- when your boss asks you 'when will you have time to fit this in...' and you start of thinking 'well the upgrade of my ore mine will complete in 42 hours, so....'
- you shout at someone at work, then have to shout at them more because while you were shouting at them, you missed a collection and got raided.
- you take a few seconds to remember that the McDonalds menu does not show A/D values.
BAG...ROTFLMAO!!!! ...those are great ram!

stricker
05-24-2012, 01:54 PM

...stop it.... cannot breathe again!!!

Ramshutu
05-24-2012, 01:57 PM

McDonalds Fillet o fish. Attack 3, defence 4..

Strong against: Solid Bowel movements.

Bronson
05-24-2012, 02:04 PM
McDonalds Fillet o fish. Attack 3, defence 4..

Strong against: Solid Bowel movements.

Lololololol ain't that the truth!

Bronson
05-24-2012, 02:07 PM
If your having Modern War problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but logging on to the forum ain't one!

Jp lfs
05-24-2012, 02:08 PM
If your having Modern War problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but logging on to the forum ain't one!

NICE a Jay-Z reference!!

Bronson
05-24-2012, 02:15 PM
NICE a Jay-Z reference!!

How do you rednecks know hip hop music? I thought you all line danced and had ho-downs lol

frenda
05-24-2012, 02:34 PM
Easy there, chief, with the redneck reference. You'd be surprised by what some of the rednecks I know bring to the table. :)

cheiz
05-24-2012, 02:45 PM
uhhh, I have modern war problemS

cheiz
05-24-2012, 02:48 PM
If you've just told your wife you'll finally put the phone away and then go to then toilet only to open a box, you've got a modern war problem...

Bronson
05-24-2012, 02:51 PM
Easy there, chief, with the redneck reference. You'd be surprised by what some of the rednecks I know bring to the table. :)

Lols sorry if I offended that's just a personal joke between me and JP, he's my redneck brother from another mother.

Jp lfs
05-24-2012, 03:02 PM
A redneck who knows every word to every song Eazy-E or NWA ever did!!

stricker
05-24-2012, 03:25 PM
jp... i didn't know you were from WV?

Bronson
05-24-2012, 03:29 PM
A redneck who knows every word to every song Eazy-E or NWA ever did!!

Oh you did not just say that!!! SNAP MOFO They are the greatest group who ever lived !!!!

spectra
05-24-2012, 03:52 PM
You have a MW problem if.........you have neglected the accounting in your business and it is going bankrupt, yet you are not worry and stay calm, knowing you still have 10M in you vault that no one can take away from you, lol

Speed ump
05-24-2012, 04:42 PM
If half the forum hates you, half likes you, and the other half could care less, wait, let me check that. One half, one half, and one half.yeah, I got it right.

Speed ump
05-24-2012, 04:43 PM
Spectra, are you really my accountant.youre not supposed to blab, isn't that against some kind of accountants code? Lol

spectra
05-24-2012, 04:58 PM
Spectra, are you really my accountant.youre not supposed to blab, isn't that against some kind of accountants code? Lol

I read my contract before posting, and there was no confidentiality clause, lol
So you cannot hold it against me, lol