PDA

View Full Version : This time, I erased his name! Feel free to check this out.

ShawnBB
05-16-2012, 07:44 PM
I dont know if you guys like seeing these kind of post.
If not, I apoligize and will gather all the interesting screen shots in one thread from now on.

So basically I am attacked by super heavy gold spenders everyday,
but this spender seems having a lot of game cash on hand...

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w421/ShawnBBB/81575dd0.jpg

Good news,guys! Alex just sent me a request!

Sugu
05-16-2012, 08:04 PM
no offense to the employees of Funzio on this website who derive their income from the financial success of this mobile game, but the players (like the one screen-capped here) who spend hundreds (and in some cases, thousands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) of dollars trying to prove that they are better than people who fight monsters on their iphone during their lunch break are... INSANE! Good job spending all of Daddy's money you f**ing morons! and congrats to the game creators for such innovation in virtual currency. I am sure that the future in google goggles is right in front of you! ka-ching! $$$

Njwmrb
05-16-2012, 08:27 PM
So Sugu tell us how you really feel

dtgamemaster
05-16-2012, 08:38 PM
If you want to dominate in this game, you need to fork out some real cash. That's how the game system works.

leesiyoung
05-17-2012, 12:54 AM
That's the way it is around the games on smartphones. That's what game devs want.
Honestly, I am a little offended by your posting, cause i am the one you(ShawnBB) mentioned above. However, as dtgamemaster mentioned above, that's how all games on smartphones intend to. I've played other games with my phone, and I spent quite a lot on those games. But that's was my choice, Im a little coerced by game system, though.
So, please i ask you to erase the picture you posted above(that was mine), if you dont want to offend me who is an innocent victim of this game system that i mentioned. If you do search(you can find my ID easily on this forum), it is mine. Im not telling u, but Im asking u, ShawnBB.

audemars
05-17-2012, 02:01 AM
I though it's not personal issue, attackers will attack because their att pow is more than def pow of defender.

So if your name is shown you will be attacked, so do I. I also was and will be attacked by stronger for sure

It's just a game, depend on how do you want to play, How it make you happy, play for free or pay money to make game easier, it your choice

In the other hand, it's war game. No one win the war with out pay money

I'm spender also but I have not much money so I will pay when it's too hard to play. I will pay if it will make me more time to enjoy this game

Again about me, I have not personal issue in this game player, I never check report, never attack back. Just check in the list and attack if I'm stronger, that all.

Welcome all my ID is 586 035 391

Note; sorry for my poor English

The_Red
05-17-2012, 07:01 AM
I dont know if you guys like seeing these kind of post.
If not, I apoligize and will gather all the interesting screen shots in one thread from now on.

So basically I am attacked by super heavy gold spenders everyday,
but this spender seems having a lot of game cash on hand...

Good news,guys! Alex just sent me a request!

one can either get gems with the swipe of a credit card or a few keyboard moves to hack the game.
That looks like a game hack to me.

leesiyoung
05-17-2012, 07:20 PM
I'm more offened by your comment, The_Red. As one of the players who spend real money on smartphone games, Your comment sounds like you despise those who are willing to pay to have fun on the game. I actually spent quite a lot on other games like "party in my dorm". I quitted it because of some jerks who didn't have normal reason, though. Even though I admit that there are some people who can hack online games, I think we should not say to them like " a few keyboard moves to hack", because it is the hard-learned skill which they use to hack a game. If you know how to hack this game, let me know the skill, cause you call it "a few keyboard moves". I don't care whether you call me a big spender, but I am offended when you called me a cheater.

one can either get gems with the swipe of a credit card or a few keyboard moves to hack the game.
That looks like a game hack to me.

John Snow
05-17-2012, 11:12 PM
That's the way it is around the games on smartphones. That's what game devs want.
Honestly, I am a little offended by your posting, cause i am the one you(ShawnBB) mentioned above. However, as dtgamemaster mentioned above, that's how all games on smartphones intend to. I've played other games with my phone, and I spent quite a lot on those games. But that's was my choice, Im a little coerced by game system, though.
So, please i ask you to erase the picture you posted above(that was mine), if you dont want to offend me who is an innocent victim of this game system that i mentioned. If you do search(you can find my ID easily on this forum), it is mine. Im not telling u, but Im asking u, ShawnBB.

You are absolutely right. Everyone can play this game however they want to play it and spend however much they want to spend. But like the guy who drives a Ferrari or Lambo, you should probably expect people to be curious when they see your profile and want to comment. As for being offended by The_Red, that's water off a duck's @ss. Not worth a second thought.

P4TR1C14N
05-18-2012, 02:38 AM
To be short... the game is designed to make money.

But what annoys me in the whole business model is that people need to pay really a lot of money and get virtually notthing for it.

If the person of the screenshot in the opening thread would have spend the money he invested in this game in a PC, Playstation, Xbox and so on, he would be able to buy (and i'm not joking) LOADS of games.

So there is really something too strange to grasp here for me... why would someone want to spend such amount of money if you know you get ripped off compared to what the market it doing. Strange brains.

BUT BUT... if you feel good by investing such amounts of money and you're happy, who am I to say you shouldn't do it :). You can be sure you make Funzio very happy with such well overthougd investment in their company.

To all, have fun playing the game, with or without money, with sense or without. Be happy :)

The_Red
05-18-2012, 05:17 AM
I'm more offened by your comment, The_Red. As one of the players who spend real money on smartphone games, Your comment sounds like you despise those who are willing to pay to have fun on the game. I actually spent quite a lot on other games like "party in my dorm". I quitted it because of some jerks who didn't have normal reason, though. Even though I admit that there are some people who can hack online games, I think we should not say to them like " a few keyboard moves to hack", because it is the hard-learned skill which they use to hack a game. If you know how to hack this game, let me know the skill, cause you call it "a few keyboard moves". I don't care whether you call me a big spender, but I am offended when you called me a cheater.

You shouldn't be so butthurt about my comment - it should sound more like this guy (or gal) looks to have spent more money than normal which may have been achieved by hacking the game, as we've seen a few times already this far.

One other quick one: While I think its personally dumb to spend gobs of money on a game that has 0 point (rankings, review, notoriety, etc)... I understand people will do it. Frankly, I love finding people on the game who spend money - its fun to attack them and take their loot, raid their gold mine or winery, etc.

nofun
05-18-2012, 09:42 AM
I didn't see this thread, and just started a thread on the same topic:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?29875-Buying-stuff-with-gems

I understand the smartphone model of games. I do not object to that, or to spending money. What I question is the value of what you get for your money. Funzio games are fun enough, and relatively bug free, but their prices are way too high. I do not consider $20 for a 96/77 unit a good value. Two 70/43 units for 13,000 coins is free. It does not matter how much money you have, it is about the value of what you buy.

I used to play castlecraft. Fun game, but lots of bugs. I did not purchase in that game because it had too many bugs. (You could steal other people's troops!) I currently play DragonVale. I have made purchases there. Why? Better value. You get 130 gems for $4.99. With 125 gems, you can buy an epic breeding island which doubles your ability to breed dragons and increases your chances of breeding a rare dragon. That is a good value. Also in DragonVale you can get gems in game if you are patient enough. That makes everyone happy and makes me more willing to spend cash.

How could they improve the situation? There are a lot of things. First they could lower the cost of gem units and buildings. Instead of 995 gems for a dragon, make it 10. That would put some of the lower cost gem units at 5 gems, or $0.35. That is a reasonable value. They could also sell things like the ability to do 2 upgrades at once. That would be way more valuable than one unit or money building.

John Snow
05-18-2012, 09:53 AM
I'm always find these "why do people spend money for a game that they can play for free?" threads hilarious. The money for some of these guys is pocket change - maybe a bit more or a bit less than a nice bottle of vintage French champagne on a good night out. Do you think they even remembered what the champagne tasted like - they don't care. Some of these people are not losers - they are not often used to losing, and they sure as hell don't wanna start now.

Exactly. Value is in the eye of the beholder. Maybe instead of spending $500 at the club one night, he buys gold.

Hmmmm. I should think about this more - could save myself a hangover. :D

nofun
05-18-2012, 10:05 AM
Would you rather sell 10 items from $100 each or 200 items for $10 each?

The_Red
05-18-2012, 10:20 AM
How could they improve the situation? There are a lot of things. First they could lower the cost of gem units and buildings. Instead of 995 gems for a dragon, make it 10. That would put some of the lower cost gem units at 5 gems, or $0.35. That is a reasonable value. They could also sell things like the ability to do 2 upgrades at once. That would be way more valuable than one unit or money building.

If they did that - they should move them from indestructible to low or very low. Selling indestructible units for 10 gems would skew the game significantly.

Njwmrb
05-18-2012, 11:44 AM
If they did that - they should move them from indestructible to low or very low. Selling indestructible units for 10 gems would skew the game significantly.

Plus make them weaker, but then if thats what you wanted to do you could just buy gold instead of gems and buy nl units

Hugh Bris
05-18-2012, 02:17 PM
I've spent a lot of money. A lot. I just wanted to comment that a player that is very patient, advances levels very slowly, and spends valor points wisely will almost always beat me.

There are quite a few non-gold players that can stomp me into the ground and actually raid me which I consider difficult given my defences.

Be smart, be patient, and make a plan - this strategy will beat all but the most insane-spending gold users. Patience is usually what gets us - that's my primary weakness for buying more gold. Good luck out there!

dtgamemaster
05-18-2012, 06:33 PM
This game is all about activity, not patience.

If you are being beaten by a non-gold player, it means

1) You are not active enough
2) You started way later than the non-gold player.
3) He added much more allies than you to boost his attack/defense

Hobtuse
05-19-2012, 02:06 AM
I don't post much but what's wrong with him spending his money on the game while we don't?

If anything, when people spend $$ on the games, developers are able to continue adding new content for us.

However, I can see why you are miffed as you keep getting attacked by him. Well, you can either
1) spend $$. (quite a bit i think)
2) suck it up.

PS: If you think he is cheating, then this is not the place to post your thread right?

Hugh Bris
05-19-2012, 11:19 AM
While I disagree, it may be my initial strategy that is the problem. I start out with a few good gold buys and then dump all of my funds into money and defence buildings and then level those up. Money now = success later. I am very active and set alarms for the big stuff (as sad as that is lol). I shall rethink strategy thanks to your post.

zsqysq
05-20-2012, 07:15 AM
As a non-cash player, you only need to:

1. Check your Silos, Leatherworkers, Playhouses in time
2. Always be upgrading your vault

to avoid the interest from strong ones. And both points only require you to check the game no more than twice a day.

As long as you have a reasonable vault, say, 25k, building a Lender would be easy with just a little luck.
Of course, building a Manor is tricky, but I guess it's tricky for anybody else.

The_Red
05-20-2012, 05:13 PM
As a non-cash player, you only need to:

1. Check your Silos, Leatherworkers, Playhouses in time
2. Always be upgrading your vault

to avoid the interest from strong ones. And both points only require you to check the game no more than twice a day.

As long as you have a reasonable vault, say, 25k, building a Lender would be easy with just a little luck.
Of course, building a Manor is tricky, but I guess it's tricky for anybody else.

While Im upgrading my vault - I find it a pain in the *ss to have anything more than 10k in it because people will attack all night long killing units if its north of 15-20k no matter the vault.

Njwmrb
05-20-2012, 07:20 PM
While Im upgrading my vault - I find it a pain in the *ss to have anything more than 10k in it because people will attack all night long killing units if its north of 15-20k no matter the vault.

I usually hang around 40k and only get attacked once or twice most nights. The casualties are annoying though... Why the hell do we lose units for fights we don't start and win?