PDA

View Full Version : Events: How do you deal with them?

GhostShot
05-16-2012, 03:31 PM
First time the event came out, I thought it was a one time thing to address the casualty rate issue (final item was a ground unit that gave -20% casualty rate), so I was there, almost every hour on the hour, opening boxes. I didn't get the unit at the end (think I got 9/10 needed). That week was awful. My productivity was crap and all the empty boxes really ruined my day.

I grew up, now I put the game down, open boxes when I can, sleep the nights. I aim for 3 units rather than all 5. Low expectations usually yields good outcomes. Downside is, being ~Lv. 120, each box attempted is quite an expense.

I did think of going gold, but since it the chances of opening the box is independent to what's inside the box, I never made the shift. Sure, more boxes = more parts, but empty boxes = 'meh, maybe next time', whereas empty boxes I paid for = RAGE.

What's your story?

marebear
05-16-2012, 03:43 PM
I suck at events. Have gone free (in game cash only) and failed. Gone with gold and failed. I have only one event number 10 prize. I refuse to use gold on events now.

MaverickMunkey
05-16-2012, 03:46 PM
I suck at events. Have gone free (in game cash only) and failed. Gone with gold and failed. I have only one event number 10 prize. I refuse to use gold on events now.

Hey at least you have got 10 once! I am still waiting for that to happen to me!

Jhoemel
05-16-2012, 03:57 PM
Hey at least you have got 10 once! I am still waiting for that to happen to me!

Yeah me too, i always get 7, the goddess of victory still havent smiled at me

Sugarymama
05-16-2012, 04:09 PM
I've actually gotten all 10 on each event except the Response Unit event. But I use gold, at least for most of the opens. I figure if the unit (and perk) is valuable enough, it will be worth the cost down the line. For example, getting 30% off on upgrades was a must for me. This event, not so much. However, with the new rankings system and valor becoming more important, obviously it may help down the line to earn 25% more valor during attacks.

On this event I have only used gold to open one cratte. The rest have been all cash opens, and I'm up to 5 propellers right now. I'm not pressed yet, but I'm sure as it gets closer to the end I will decide if this prize is worth the investment long-term.

Poopenshire
05-16-2012, 04:10 PM
I got 2 wins, event 2 and 4. Reduced upgrade time by 20% and increased energy by 30%

Sugarymama
05-16-2012, 04:20 PM
Just got my 6th propeller. Cash. Looking pretty good...

Watash
05-16-2012, 04:33 PM
I obsessed early on with the events in terms of setting timers to open max times but have calmed down quite a bit. All the events have gone the same with me. Cash only, easy to get to 8 or 9 opens and impossible to get number 10. This time I have reached 8 propellers very early on so maybe I will get lucky. No gold plans at all for events. Incidentally, during the last event I was on vacation in France and managed only a few opens per day...still ended up with 9 of the 10. I think Funzio has a wonderful product and an excellent understanding of human nature..we are all gamblers. I love this game and this forum.

GhostShot
05-16-2012, 05:42 PM
I got 2 wins, event 2 and 4. Reduced upgrade time by 20% and increased energy by 30%

those two really made me think "should I go gold??" - the incentives are great, but I stuck to my 'empty box bought with gold would really tick me off' routine. other units that gave valor bonus (inc. this one) just don't seem worth it. valor is nice, but force degradation is more reliable source of valor income.

hopefully they'll have some sort of boost buildings/units/pvp rank bonus that offers build time reduction or energy output.

Copenhagen
05-16-2012, 05:47 PM
I have spent gold on every event in the range of 500 - 2500 depending on the prize. I have only landed the 20% upgrade time reduction. All cash event player now....unless an eceptional prize was on the line, but this ain't it.

hound
05-16-2012, 05:54 PM
First time the event came out, I thought it was a one time thing to address the casualty rate issue (final item was a ground unit that gave -20% casualty rate), so I was there, almost every hour on the hour, opening boxes. I didn't get the unit at the end (think I got 9/10 needed). That week was awful. My productivity was crap and all the empty boxes really ruined my day.

I grew up, now I put the game down, open boxes when I can, sleep the nights. I aim for 3 units rather than all 5. Low expectations usually yields good outcomes. Downside is, being ~Lv. 120, each box attempted is quite an expense.

I did think of going gold, but since it the chances of opening the box is independent to what's inside the box, I never made the shift. Sure, more boxes = more parts, but empty boxes = 'meh, maybe next time', whereas empty boxes I paid for = RAGE.

What's your story?

You should add... "What is an Event?" or "There's an Event going on?" hmmmm....

GhostShot
05-16-2012, 06:01 PM
You should add... "What is an Event?" or "There's an Event going on?" hmmmm....

If they don't know or don't understand, they need not apply

hound
05-16-2012, 07:26 PM
If they don't know or don't understand, they need not apply

Good point- but still funny to hear people say they "don't participate" in events..... That's like people saying "Please quit attacking me".... It's a War game! Duhhh

GhostShot
05-16-2012, 07:34 PM
Good point- but still funny to hear people say they "don't participate" in events..... That's like people saying "Please quit attacking me".... It's a War game! Duhhh

well, some campers probably don't participate, since getting boxes involves attacking or doing missions.

GhostShot
05-17-2012, 09:34 AM
bump

overwhelmingly cash. thought i'd see more gold users.

the rate of opening box was as i expected.