PDA

View Full Version : newbie

bsmith
05-16-2012, 12:39 PM
I'm new to this game and struggling. This game is so damn addicting. what's the best way to dramatically raise your attack points? I have a hard time robbing peoples buildings now. I'm level 21 with 375 attack points and 453 defense with 32 mobsters.any advicewould be appreciated

Gaming Will
05-16-2012, 12:42 PM
Ask a specific question or better yet, take a look at the guides first.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?29487-The-Updated-quot-Best-of-the-Best-quot-Guides!

jmeijer
05-16-2012, 12:44 PM
Don't do jobs, except for the ones where you get good loot. Keep your mafia low. Improve your economy and buy items. Buy the best items that you can afford, because it's better to have 1 item with 20A/20D than 20 items with 2A/2D. Save your respect points or get a few from the mid-tier ones..

And most important: check the best of the best guides.

murf
05-16-2012, 01:00 PM
I'm new to this game and struggling. This game is so damn addicting. what's the best way to dramatically raise your attack points? I have a hard time robbing peoples buildings now. I'm level 21 with 375 attack points and 453 defense with 32 mobsters.any advicewould be appreciated

I think a crawling strategy would work best for your situation (since it sounds like you wouldn't want to truly camp). Try robbing high RP/XP ratio buidlings, these are Laundromats, Collection Agencies, Lofts (although people with Lofts will be too strong for you right now)....this will slow your leveling up. Build up your economy and buy some items that increase your attack. Also, selectively choose who you rob or attack, if you visit their hood and check their profile, you can find other players who are weaker then you.

This is one time where I would recommend buying attack explosives at the early levels, use Molotovs until you can compete without them, they are only $50 and your can add 8+% to your attack for only $1,600.

Participate in the event and try and get as many event items as you can.

Not sure if adding mafia or reducing mafia will help you find people weaker than you....there are a ton of players who add 1000 mafia right away, with really, really weak stats, so adding mafia might actually be easier from an attacking point of view.

If you are impatient, you can use a little of your RP on low-level items, such as Combat Boots or Tommy Guns, but remember that these will get replaced in the medium-term, so do not buy too many (10-25 of each could help a ton in the short-term and doesn't waste a ton of XP).

Read the forum, including the Updated Best of Best Guide and keep asking questions.

bsmith
05-16-2012, 01:04 PM
I think I did to many jobs starting off and leveled up way to quick. Would it hell if I dropped some mafia members to put me in a lower bracket till I get my cash buildings built up? Seems like in the beginning I was winning every time I robbed someone and getting alt if cash then did a **** load of jobs and leveled up and added a bunch of members and then hit a brick wall. I can't win any fights or rob anyone and I'm not getting enough cash from my buildings to buy anymore stuff.

sexkitteh
05-16-2012, 01:26 PM
yeah that happened to me too and I reset my game sort of...

Stock up on items. To buy items you need money. So improve your economy. To improve your economy you need to buy buildings. And you want to do all that before you get to lvl100. So slow down your game and don't do anything until you are making enough money to buy weapons and stuff as you level. :D

bsmith
05-16-2012, 01:38 PM
Ya I'm trying to shift my focus to buying and leveling up my buildings butstill need money to do that. The explosives seem to help. Thanks for the advice. If I keep robbing is that still going to level me up quickly?

bsmith
05-16-2012, 01:51 PM
One more thing what are the events

sexkitteh
05-16-2012, 01:59 PM
not if you rob laundrymats...

I wouldn't waste money on explosives... they are consumable which means you will constantly be fighting to replenish your "stash"...

murf
05-16-2012, 02:13 PM
not if you rob laundrymats...

I wouldn't waste money on explosives... they are consumable which means you will constantly be fighting to replenish your "stash"...

I'm only recommending them if he can't find anyone to beat...Molotov's are so, so cheap and the could help him in the short term get the ball rolling a little.

murf
05-16-2012, 02:15 PM
One more thing what are the events

Are you on Android or OIS? I think Android just got them in the last few days:

There is a link in the Updated Best of the Best from CCMark that explains it all....

murf
05-16-2012, 02:17 PM
I think I did to many jobs starting off and leveled up way to quick. Would it hell if I dropped some mafia members to put me in a lower bracket till I get my cash buildings built up? Seems like in the beginning I was winning every time I robbed someone and getting alt if cash then did a **** load of jobs and leveled up and added a bunch of members and then hit a brick wall. I can't win any fights or rob anyone and I'm not getting enough cash from my buildings to buy anymore stuff.

Adding mafia members is very easy, so try and drop down to only a few and see if that helps, it might. I've always rolled with max mafia and while that isn't a strategy some support, you can always find very, very weak players with max mafia.

sexkitteh
05-16-2012, 02:19 PM
OH! for good money - get 2 ice cream shops! That helped me in a HUGE way... and they are cheap enough that you can get them with free gold. The basketball courts are ok... but I much prefer the ice cream stand because it's compact.

That should get your money flowing a little better.

bsmith
05-16-2012, 04:18 PM
Thanks. I have Android. I just registered my game so I got the ever now. Where do you find stuff? Do you hit the buildings in the cities on your map

murf
05-16-2012, 06:15 PM
Thanks. I have Android. I just registered my game so I got the ever now. Where do you find stuff? Do you hit the buildings in the cities on your map

Seriously, just peruse these links...they have ton of great info...check out the loot spreadsheet for where to find 'stuff''. It gives you where you can find it and at what rate you can expect it to drop from a location.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?29487-The-Updated-quot-Best-of-the-Best-quot-Guides!