PDA

View Full Version : Unreleased content

dudeman
05-16-2012, 11:10 AM
Just forget it. Trying to help by pointing out something broken is not going over well.

Feng1234
05-16-2012, 11:12 AM
A shame as it had some good posts. Did feel like it got hijacked a little and veerred off track to what you originally intended.. A shame...

G Wiz
05-16-2012, 11:33 AM
Well Mark said you can PM him, how did that go?

dudeman
05-16-2012, 11:42 AM
Well Mark said you can PM him, how did that go?

I said what needed to be said in the thread. Most of my comments in that thread were geared towards getting people to stop going off topic, but even the off topic discussion was not about unreleased content.

Based on the final comment posted in that thread, I think he didn't bother to read the OP in that thread or any of the relevant discussion following it. He probably just saw the mess that was happening and closed the thread.

The discussion was not about unreleased content, the discussion was about the fact that the game is broken and content that is SUPPOSED to be unrleased is leaking into production.

The only reason people noticed that something was broken and leaking into production is because they could see the stats and inventories of testers who abused glitches, and since cheating and glitch abuse is a hot topic that took off on an unintended tangent that was only somewhat relevant to the original post.

Ghost818
05-16-2012, 01:41 PM
I said what needed to be said in the thread. Most of my comments in that thread were geared towards getting people to stop going off topic, but even the off topic discussion was not about unreleased content.

Based on the final comment posted in that thread, I think he didn't bother to read the OP in that thread or any of the relevant discussion following it. He probably just saw the mess that was happening and closed the thread.

The discussion was not about unreleased content, the discussion was about the fact that the game is broken and content that is SUPPOSED to be unrleased is leaking into production.

The only reason people noticed that something was broken and leaking into production is because they could see the stats and inventories of testers who abused glitches, and since cheating and glitch abuse is a hot topic that took off on an unintended tangent that was only somewhat relevant to the original post.

My apologies it was partly my fault for continuing the argument with ignorant people who don't know whats what yet accused me, but i wasn't just gonna sit there while people walked all over me.

Plux
05-16-2012, 03:34 PM
Are we expecting too much? We all seem to be disappointed so very easily these days?

Nicholost
05-16-2012, 03:38 PM
Are we expecting too much? We all seem to be disappointed so very easily these days?

I'm disappointed that I read your last sentence thinking it was a statement, then got to the end and saw the question mark. Statement letdown. Sad Nicholost. :(

QPR
05-16-2012, 03:50 PM

Not very trustworthy beta testers then are they !!

procsyzarc
05-16-2012, 03:57 PM
It still astonishes me how this game can have the beta servers and the live servers together. The live servers should always be everyone playing to the same rules not the bull**** this game has become

Burn
05-16-2012, 04:40 PM
I find it hugely ironic that while the beta-testers are testing the integrity of the software, the software is also testing the integrity of the beta-testers.

Plux
05-16-2012, 05:36 PM
I see what you mean Nicholost, the question was to ourselves, thinking back to when I truly enjoyed the game, the building the waiting, being robbed, robbing, taking down that level 7 warehouse (mentioned before, I know). Getting back to basics with what makes our own enjoyment of the game special. Those days didn't have events, we fought, created economies even debated. Let's get back to basics, forget the events, the outside influences, enjoy CC as it is, as we enjoyed it once! The events seem to have robbed us of normality.

Dipstik
05-16-2012, 05:51 PM
You're an ass, ghost.

Babytway
05-16-2012, 06:50 PM
I see what you mean Nicholost, the question was to ourselves, thinking back to when I truly enjoyed the game, the building the waiting, being robbed, robbing, taking down that level 7 warehouse (mentioned before, I know). Getting back to basics with what makes our own enjoyment of the game special. Those days didn't have events, we fought, created economies even debated. Let's get back to basics, forget the events, the outside influences, enjoy CC as it is, as we enjoyed it once! The events seem to have robbed us of normality.

i play the same everyday(as well as other players i come across) and enjoy robbing and pissing ppl off. i never lost sight of the basics. i'm not a gold spender so the basics is all i got

p.s. i remember robbing you too a couple times

Swifty
05-16-2012, 06:54 PM
@Plux

I wish I could have played that game you describe. It must have been before I started.

mnju_03
05-16-2012, 08:09 PM
@Plux

I wish I could have played that game you describe. It must have been before I started.

Lol! About that. I never even saw these pictures proving these beta testers...

Dreno33
05-17-2012, 01:38 AM
You're an ass, ghost.

wait... why is everyone raiding on Ghost lately? What has he done? I read most of the locked thread and confused why there was confusion...

@Ghost, you're good man. Don't sweat it.

AppleMacGuy
05-17-2012, 01:50 AM
I find it hugely ironic that while the beta-testers are testing the integrity of the software, the software is also testing the integrity of the beta-testers.

+1 statement of pure genius :D

deuces
05-17-2012, 01:52 AM
Man i forgot to quote that when i read through this earlier, well said Burn.

AppleMacGuy
05-17-2012, 02:03 AM
The events seem to have robbed us of normality.

This sums up exactly how I feel about the events...IMO they have just become a complete grind...being a slave to the hourly timer is taking away all of the enjoyment of playing CC. I'm sure plenty others feel the same.

Dreno33
05-17-2012, 02:37 AM
applemacguy, you should update your sig. the last event is still up(:

AppleMacGuy
05-17-2012, 03:01 AM
applemacguy, you should update your sig. the last event is still up(:

Eh? You lost me...why do I need to udpate my sig? It is up-to-date AFAIK...since I got the big cahuna couple days back...once the event ends I will remove the info...as per my normal pattern.

Dreno33
05-17-2012, 03:07 AM
Eh? You lost me...why do I need to udpate my sig? It is up-to-date AFAIK...since I got the big cahuna couple days back...once the event ends I will remove the info...as per my normal pattern.

crap nvm. I'm confusing the two games. the MW event started like one day ago. I'm not lvl 10 (can't see event icon) I was like... "wait... this MUST be an old event.. 71 attempts in 24 hours?" lol my bad

AppleMacGuy
05-17-2012, 04:01 AM
crap nvm. I'm confusing the two games. the MW event started like one day ago. I'm not lvl 10 (can't see event icon) I was like... "wait... this MUST be an old event.. 71 attempts in 24 hours?" lol my bad

lol...np! ;)

Burn
05-17-2012, 04:01 AM
This sums up exactly how I feel about the events...IMO they have just become a complete grind...being a slave to the hourly timer is taking away all of the enjoyment of playing CC. I'm sure plenty others feel the same.

Just for sake of comparison, the last event but one, because I wasn't overly interested in the end prize, I only took part on an ad hoc basis.

And still got all the freebies up to 9.

In fact on the event in question, I think i missed out the whole of the first day.

The early 'contraband' drops so easily, that it appears that you can completely opt out of the hourly grind, and just open boxes when convenient, you still seem to be able to get the lions share of the loot available.

The work is in the latter stages when the drops become so tight it is almost impossible.

I think the events are geared to getting people as far into the 'loot haul' as possible, so they get greedy and want the prize, thus spend Gold.

Take advantage of that fact, grab the easily available loot, without having to commit to the 'every hour on the hour' slog.

Hopefully the next end item will be of no interest to me, and i can test the theory again.