PDA

View Full Version : Massacre at 500 - solution proposed

azy
05-16-2012, 10:41 AM
At the higher levels (100+), players with 500 allies are getting destroyed right now by all those chasing valor points through 'force degradation' missions. So much so that I'm having a difficult time finding targets that are not 'too weak to fight' for my own missions. This issue has been compounded since PVP rankings started since more fighting takes place. It just seem inherently unfair that at 498 allies, you're in the safe zone, while at 499+ you're dead meat. It's just a matter of time until people shed allies to below the kill zone threshold. Then what?

I propose that 'force degradation' missions for 499+ allies become only accessible by players who themselves have 499+ allies. That way, you're either all in, or all out. How does that sound?

Agent Orange
05-16-2012, 10:57 AM
That is an outstanding idea Azy. I agree you can drop out of the fray by simply cutting back on your allies to 498 and while that is fine and dandy it just means those with balls are getting them squashed up in whale territory. Hmm come to think of it I think I might be the culprit who posted this loophole a while ago.

Team Pirate is now going after players hiding with 498 allies so hiding isn't much of an option any longer but it would be much better if we had a fix to the problem. The rivals list is still pretty messed up, if you are a high level you can back off on your allies and be able to drop down and wipe out weaker players with less allies.

Granted the even better solution might be to only allow players to access the next goal once they reach the same level as the goal requires. Seems to me that was how it used to work before and though it was more tedious it means that folks would be forced to level up and also become targets.

manbeast
05-16-2012, 11:27 AM
then people will add an ally, expend their stamina, and delete an ally.

at least thats what i would do

Ascent
05-16-2012, 12:34 PM
I dropped to 448 allies for this very reason but guess what? There are gold sharks who also made this dive, fishin deep down below :)

btw Mcdoc attacked me today and stole like 400,000 without me having any money at all. How does he do it? Deposit it first so he can steal it? :D Seriously, none of my buildings were raided...

marebear
05-16-2012, 12:37 PM
I was thinking of making a deal with someone for that reason. Ally up to 500 one hit each. De-ally down again ;)

Mcdoc
05-16-2012, 12:55 PM
I dropped to 448 allies for this very reason but guess what? There are gold sharks who also made this dive, fishin deep down below

btw Mcdoc attacked me today and stole like 400,000 without me having any money at all. How does he do it? Deposit it first so he can steal it? :D Seriously, none of my buildings were raided...

Ascent - Sorry partner - I just go down my rivals list. I only stop and "play" when I actually shake loose more than 25k in the battle report.

UNLESS - You happen to be Bucknut - whom I just unloaded 75 attacks on earlier wiping clean every uncollected building. I posted an Ally request on Bucknut's wall 5 days ago -and when I hit him up in my random drive by, I actually lost 30k (was almost ready to place my 2nd Nano so I had 8 million unvaulted). I wasn't mad - but I was curious as to why I lost to him - saw my post on his wall for an Allie - then decided since he had 2 Nano's, 2 Space Stations, 2 DeSalidation Plants and many others uncollected, I would try to gap my last $500k needed to get my 2nd Nano :)

Then I placed a 2nd Allie request on his/her wall :)

Only way to avoid another accidental attack is to Ally Up :)

EDIT: Oh yeah - TOO Bad this wasn't planned - we could have posted picks in the Fight Night Thread - LoL

JMC
05-16-2012, 01:00 PM
Not sure of the best way to fix it atm, but they need to change it. First off they should bring back the other variations of valor missions like total war. Then they should make the rewards better. It makes no sense to get 2880 valor and 287 exp for 20 attacks. Then 21+ all only reward 2000 valor and 100 exp. Right now im having to do 68 attacks to complete a mission, for the same prize.

Valor payout is like 5x lower than it was 30 levels ago.

spectra
05-16-2012, 01:33 PM
Not sure of the best way to fix it atm, but they need to change it. First off they should bring back the other variations of valor missions like total war. Then they should make the rewards better. It makes no sense to get 2880 valor and 287 exp for 20 attacks. Then 21+ all only reward 2000 valor and 100 exp. Right now im having to do 68 attacks to complete a mission, for the same prize.

Valor payout is like 5x lower than it was 30 levels ago.

I sent a ticket to support telling them that (that they should raise the VPs awarded, that how can it be possible that for the past 150 missions we still get only 2k), they said they will pass the word to the developers
question are you in mission #296? cause I am and have to hit 68 times to complete for the same 2k VPs
Cheers

JohnnyR
05-16-2012, 01:43 PM
then people will add an ally, expend their stamina, and delete an ally.

at least thats what i would do

Create a "brave" status one can acquire. Got the cajones to stick at 500, get rewarded with 5% more income. Reward cancelled at anytime ally number dips below 500.

Sugarymama
05-16-2012, 01:50 PM
Okay, so I just leveled up to 100 (damn events). Is everyone saying I should decrease my ally count to 499 or lower to avoid being pummeled by very strong players? (I'm pretty strong myself though)

I'm still unclear on how the ally count affects the rivals list, because throughout the game, regardless of level I was at, all my allies ranged between 300 and 3000. Am I missing something?

marebear
05-16-2012, 02:02 PM
There is a valor goal, hit someone with over 500 allies.

Ascent
05-16-2012, 02:25 PM
Mcdoc: I play as ascent ;)

I guess I'll go learn about this fightnight thingie then :D

JMC
05-16-2012, 02:33 PM
I sent a ticket to support telling them that (that they should raise the VPs awarded, that how can it be possible that for the past 150 missions we still get only 2k), they said they will pass the word to the developers
question are you in mission #296? cause I am and have to hit 68 times to complete for the same 2k VPs
Cheers

Im at # 291. was just taking a rough guess, my actual amount of hits per mission right now is 66.

Speed ump
05-16-2012, 05:28 PM
The pirates are hitting anyone below 500 for that reason, and the ones above 500 just for fun.lol

JohnnyR
05-16-2012, 06:55 PM
The pirates are hitting anyone below 500 for that reason, and the ones above 500 just for fun.lol

This is really cool. I'll stick at 400 for a while, build up requests and mega D-then prepare for my beating, lol.

Thunder Child
05-16-2012, 08:21 PM
Okay, so I just leveled up to 100 (damn events). Is everyone saying I should decrease my ally count to 499 or lower to avoid being pummeled by very strong players? (I'm pretty strong myself though)

I'm still unclear on how the ally count affects the rivals list, because throughout the game, regardless of level I was at, all my allies ranged between 300 and 3000. Am I missing something?
If you want to avoid being picked off by the valor vultures, yes! Although JMC says some of the gold heavyweights are now looking for sharkfood among players with less than 499 allies, I personally feel happier beyond L100 with 497 allies. Reached L101 yesterday and have been hit several times without loss... long may it continue!

Jp lfs
05-16-2012, 10:04 PM
Wow!! Speed Ump, AO, and JMC all posted! That's an honor to your thread!

mickymacirl
05-17-2012, 01:13 AM
Ascent - Sorry partner - I just go down my rivals list. I only stop and "play" when I actually shake loose more than 25k in the battle report.

UNLESS - You happen to be Bucknut - whom I just unloaded 75 attacks on earlier wiping clean every uncollected building. I posted an Ally request on Bucknut's wall 5 days ago -and when I hit him up in my random drive by, I actually lost 30k (was almost ready to place my 2nd Nano so I had 8 million unvaulted). I wasn't mad - but I was curious as to why I lost to him - saw my post on his wall for an Allie - then decided since he had 2 Nano's, 2 Space Stations, 2 DeSalidation Plants and many others uncollected, I would try to gap my last $500k needed to get my 2nd Nano :)

Then I placed a 2nd Allie request on his/her wall :)

Only way to avoid another accidental attack is to Ally Up :)

EDIT: Oh yeah - TOO Bad this wasn't planned - we could have posted picks in the Fight Night Thread - LoL

lol I tried backnut as well, stupid e-gut!

mickymacirl
05-17-2012, 01:13 AM
If you want to avoid being picked off by the valor vultures, yes! Although JMC says some of the gold heavyweights are now looking for sharkfood among players with less than 499 allies, I personally feel happier beyond L100 with 497 allies. Reached L101 yesterday and have been hit several times without loss... long may it continue!

Yep same here, A level 138 attacked me during the night and I ended up with 300k :P

mickymacirl
05-17-2012, 01:16 AM

Not if sob attacks you, you do NOT have 145k att and 145k def do you? :P

mickymacirl
05-17-2012, 01:18 AM
well in saying that, a level 135 attacked me yesterday and hes now my cash cow, so if you choose ur battles carefully after level 100 you will have no problems

:marine:
05-17-2012, 04:00 AM
What will happen if I go lvl 100 and I have 1 Allie?

mickymacirl
05-17-2012, 06:08 AM
more than likely not but ur stats will be crap bringing 4 units to battle! :P

Agent Orange
05-17-2012, 06:14 AM
What will happen if I go lvl 100 and I have 1 Allie?

You should do it, it's a riot!

plavine
05-19-2012, 10:27 AM
funizio in general needs to adjust the game for levels 100+. I hit level 102 just as the new rankings option started. As soon as I got to seargant, I stopped seeing anyone on my rivals list below level 110. plus any one out there that I could attack and win have all been attacked already.
att -26829
ded-28805
no purchased indestructables

azy
05-19-2012, 10:50 AM
Things are not good at 500 allies for anyone with less than 60,000 defense. I can seldom find targets myself. I wonder how long it'll last. I see more and more abandoned bases. And more and more people who cannot even maintain 2,000 units for a full army, let alone a good one. That's not surprising, once you are a prey, you can lose a unit per attack. And if you get attacked hundreds of times per day, well...

Capt Alan
05-19-2012, 11:39 AM
So is 600+ allies too much at lv 69?

JMC
05-19-2012, 12:37 PM
Right now the lowest i see is 107, you guys don't have much to worry about until then. And by then, the range will be higher.

Thunder Child
05-19-2012, 02:38 PM
At L105, I'm not really seeing rivals at my level but from about L110 all the way to the top, and these with allies as low as 350 BTW.

JMC
05-19-2012, 02:39 PM
But we don't see you. So you're probably safe.

Thunder Child
05-19-2012, 03:43 PM
But we don't see you. So you're probably safe.Good to know, JMC! Cheers!

Mikohoang
05-19-2012, 07:34 PM
Sorry for my ignorance but reading through all topics about rival lists and allies, it is however still confusing for me. So i would greatly appreciate if anyone can help giving good advice for my case.

I'm currently at level 56 (sergeant rank), att/def: 50k/60k and with 910 allies. What is then best way to continue? Follow higher rankings and add as many allies as possible or downsize alliance to below 499 or even lower for safety once reaching over level 100?

Thunder Child
05-19-2012, 08:22 PM
@ Mikohoang

First, you are not going to have too much trouble once you get above L100 with those stats!

In answer to your question, at present only 500 allies actually contribute anything to your game, so the other 410 you are carrying right now are actually doing nothing anyway. However, those are also 410 players who can't attack you in future.

Since L100 represents the point at which you reach full allies (500), a lot of people try to ensure they are fully allied by this point. However, there appears to be a valor goal at a much higher level which makes those with 499 allies a target. That being said, the recent change to the rivals list has probably made this less of an issue, since the pools of players each of us is now looking at is much wider in terms of both levels and allies, meaning that those on 499 or 500 allies are not quite so obvious targets now.

The other option a lot of people take is to keep vastly less allies than their level suggests they should have, usually in order to escape the attention of stronger players, build up their economy etc. For example, a L100 player may decide to stay off the radar of more powerful players by only having 300 allies. However, with the recent changes to the rival list seemingly in a state of flux, identifying a so-called 'sweet spot' might just have got a little trickier. For example, at my level I can now see players at and above my level who have anywhere between 350 and 1000+ allies.

Hope that helps!