PDA

View Full Version : PVP Problem

midnightbinge
05-16-2012, 07:23 AM
I don't understand how a player with 8800 attack points can raid me when I have over 10000 in defense points. I'd understand if he had 9800, but no, with a 1200 point difference he can still steal my stuff. This game is ridiculous. Fix this ****, Funzio.

Hassleham
05-16-2012, 07:32 AM
You're only seeing his unboosted stats and comparing them to your boosted stats. What boost buildings does he have?
Also if he has a lot of "strong against xxxxxxx" units and your units fit into the "xxxxxxx" category then he could be stronger than you.

Watash
05-16-2012, 07:33 AM
I am not an expert by any means, however, I would mention a few items. There are more issues at play other than straight arithmetic with respect to attack/defense difference. You are not able to see, for example, the other players skill points..he may have a load of attack skill points for example. Also, there is a randomness built into the battle scenarios. Others here may be able to add more light. Hang in there, it is only a game.

Ducati
05-16-2012, 07:34 AM
What is the problem, attack him nonstop and farm (raid) him daily at the end he will cry for his mum. And if he is stronger, powerup.

Hassleham
05-16-2012, 07:36 AM
What is the problem, attack him nonstop and farm (raid) him daily at the end he will cry for his mum.

I wish you could "like" posts on here like on Facebook haha.

JohnnyR
05-16-2012, 08:27 AM
It is theorized that your posted total defense score isn't necessarily your raid defense. If you have defense towers , this might skew the number you see up, however, the defense towers that are not near the building being raided might not be contributing to your defense against the raid.

In anycase, raiding has always been easier than attacking for me. Have raided people successfully with about 25% better stats than mine. This might have to do skill point distribution. I have poured my points into attack, perhaps your opponent has done the same.

midnightbinge
05-24-2012, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the information, guys. I would have been satisfied with your answers had I not been attacked today by a guy who has 7023 attack points, and I have raised mine to 11361. His level is 102, so even if he did pour everything into attack, that would only add at most 306, correct? Well, here's a 4,000 point difference. He only raided my buildings btw. Can anyone clear this up?

Lt. Falcon
05-24-2012, 02:36 PM
I blind raided someone the other day and took 2 lvl 10 munitions stockpiles, a lvl 4 and 3 ore mine when I went to look at his stats he had 40+ more allies and 2000 more defense than my attack. My country is Russia (boost to air), I have a lvl 3 airship hangar (6% boost to air power) and 75+ super hornets at lvl 71. I was a little shocked, but his country was USA and didn't have hardly any units "strong against air". I think this may help you to understand what you need as far as units and how to avoid something like this from happening to you again.

JMC
05-24-2012, 04:51 PM
You have a large advantage when raiding a player. Normally you should be able to win a lot of the time even if you only have 75% of their defence stats in attack.

So if someone has 10000 defence and the attacker has 7500 attack, they will lose most if not all fights, but will win many of the raids. That is why it is a well known and effective strategy to raid boost buildings before attacking someone. The raid mechanics will allow you to actually beat the person. And destroying their boost will possibly drop them enough to allow you to beat them while performing attacks.

Q Raider
05-24-2012, 05:04 PM
Definitely not just a numbers game.

Got attacked by a player who left a donation of 30k.

Don't often do this but for some reason hit the Attack button in response (blind attacks are not really my preferred option) and won again, another 58k donation;)Went for a look see of his stats and they were 13.5K "raw" defence to my 11k boosted attack (I am in the same boat as JMC re biassed skill points to attack).

Thought it was a bit odd so hit his character in the game and won again....no donation this time though.

Posted a comment on his board that it looked an odd result as on stats alone he should have won and I had collared him three times in a row. Wished him luck in the event and left.

He attacked a bit later and won, rechecked his stats and he had added in an extra 50 attack points.