PDA

View Full Version : Saving for a nano

Ryan5100
05-16-2012, 02:58 AM
My stats are above average for my level and can win any fight until saving for a nano. I get to about 15M then always lose around 3m every day and it always takes me a week after I reach 15m for the first time because people just keep attacking me. Anybody have any tips on getting it? Btw this will be my last nano and also last free building

Mcdoc
05-16-2012, 03:08 AM
What level are you - so I can come have a look and give you some advice - and maybe even a love tap - LoL - JK

Some people say sell your Nuke Plant and/or Space Station to catapult you to the money needed - I'm hitting up the admiral as he drops 2mil to 5 mil - but it takes 19 hits and 394 energy - so its like having a 3mil a day bldg. BuT - there is the 175 exp downside that has pushed me from level 100 to 104 over the past 4 days - in combination with this new Valor Ranking System and of couse hunting for Boat Crates :)

cheiz
05-16-2012, 03:14 AM
Is this the same player that keeps attacking you, or are there several? It is important to be aware of who your rivals are (those that keep attacking you) and also not to blindly attack whoever attacked you (as you will then appear on their status report and they can always attack you back regardless of the difference in level/allies)

What you want is to drop off their rival list. There are some ways of doing that. One way is by decreasing your ally count. But take care: by reducing your allies, your stats go down, so make sure you really drop enough to dissappear from their rival list.

Another way would just be to sit tight untill your rival(s) level up and in the mean time use your cash to strengthen your army. After all it is apparently not as you say that you can win any fight, some improtant ones you lose.

cheiz
05-16-2012, 03:17 AM
And you can also use your cash to upgrade boost buildings - very helpfull for increasing your stats

Aidan
05-16-2012, 03:28 AM
Various ways to do it.

Hit all the high payout missions and leave it till the last tap.
Sell nuclear/space/rail gun
Buy palm trees and resell it
Sync all your 12,24 n 48 money building so you can collect a huge amount at one time
And lastly you need luck

I did my Nano by just saving up. Was lucky nobody attacked me

Arizona
05-16-2012, 03:31 AM
My stats are above average for my level and can win any fight until saving for a nano. I get to about 15M then always lose around 3m every day and it always takes me a week after I reach 15m for the first time because people just keep attacking me. Anybody have any tips on getting it? Btw this will be my last nano and also last free building

Yes, your stats aren't that great for your level if you're getting whacked every day.

First thing, drop a bunch of allies, at least the people attacking you should disappear, unless you've been retaliating. With so many allies, you get seen by more people on a rivals list. I'd lose at least 200 for now. Perhaps others on here can advise you on a precise number.
Buy some defensive units.
Really, just build your military up so it's stronger than most people you see on your rivals list.
Don't attack or retaliate if you're saving for a nano. Keep a low profile.

There's so many ways to get one, and I'm sure others on here will give you advice. Take in all the replies you get and decide how to proceed.
BTW, I'm L65 but you won't appear on my rival list as you're in a different bracket to me. I don't have anywhere near that number of allies.
Good luck

cheiz
05-16-2012, 03:33 AM
That's right Aidan, also need luck. I had nearly 34 million saved until yesterday evening. I was aware of at least one rival at my level that could have easily robbed me. Just got lucky and purchased lvl 5 upgrade for my Oil Rig

Everson25
05-16-2012, 03:35 AM
There are many ways to save for a Nano. I have two and I'm saving to upgrade to level 2. Some players prefer to buy an expensive unit and then sell it when it comes the time. Others buy lots of palm trees and sell them when they need the money to make the difference. In both situations you sell but you just collect 50% of the price tag. Others h/t and collect what they need to make the difference. What I suggest you is to see how save you want this 20m. Do you have cement factory? What me level? That helps a lot! At the end is up to the player to choose the strategy that suits the most. But I guarantee thats not that hard.

Everson25
05-16-2012, 03:39 AM
I think I drank too much. Too many spelling mistakes. Sorry! I hope It made sense.

Ryan5100
05-16-2012, 04:20 AM
I just sold a nuke plant and a space center just gotta get those back while nano is building

marebear
05-16-2012, 04:48 AM
I just sold a nuke plant and a space center just gotta get those back while nano is buildingHey buddy. Sending you an add. Major Mary. Too lazy to pm :)

Ryan5100
05-16-2012, 05:18 AM
Hey buddy. Sending you an add. Major Mary. Too lazy to pm :)K I just accepted :rolleyes:

RedLabit
05-16-2012, 06:14 AM
I think selling building is not a good idea... besides the 50% discount, you will have to factor in the lost time and the lost income. What I did when I got the nanos is to make sure my defense is at least about 3 times the average of my rivals out there and invested heavily in anti-air units. I put all the skill points into defense as well. Then I line up all the map missions and select the ones with the most pay out. I left the last round finish alone.

I think if you can make your defense appear high among all your rivals, and if you camp for a while at that level, most of the attackers will automatically skip you and won't bother to cheek out your unvaulted cash.. While I have the cash unvaulted, I was not attacked for days while I was camping and building defense. Once I move up the levels, I received attacks left and right

Blackstone
05-16-2012, 06:58 AM
Ryan - Sorry buddy that was me that hit you last night. I just couldn't resist all your unvaulted cash :) Just accepted your ally request.

Ryan5100
05-16-2012, 08:21 AM
Ryan - Sorry buddy that was me that hit you last night. I just couldn't resist all your unvaulted cash :) Just accepted your ally request.Shoulda just edited my posts I'm sure that's how u knew right? Shoulda said it earlier i wouldn't have sold my buildings

Luke7676
05-16-2012, 09:05 AM
Hey when you get rdy for your 2nd nano. Try going all out on Sunday and Sunday night. I have both nanos now and didn't sell a thing to get them. Just all hard work farming and pvp. Of course it only takes me 2 days to save up the 10 mil extra needed for a nano. But I always start Saturday and leave my vault around 14 mil. Till Sunday then go full speed on Sunday nights untill 3-4am most are asleep and have to wake early. So less of a chance to get attacked..

My first time saving I was attacked at the start, but after that never had a issue. There were around 2 ppl on my rivals list who had better stats then me at the time. And one of them was the one who jacked me the first time. I simply put on his/her wall. Thanks for taking my nano cash.. And stated if you do this again I will accept pendings and retaliate Lolz. So I guess that worked.. Not sure.

But next time try saving up your cash. If your stats are atleast around the top 80% of your rivals list. And congrats on your first nano :)

spectra
05-16-2012, 09:31 AM

If you have a Space Centre, then once you reach the 15M, sell the space centre and with that but the NANO right away - yes you will "loose" 50% of the value of the space centre, but then again, you have been loosing 3M trying to save
Cheers

spectra
05-16-2012, 09:36 AM
I just sold a nuke plant and a space center just gotta get those back while nano is building
Congrats
Nano takes 3 days to build, so you have enough time to save another 10M in the vault and like aidan said, if you Sync your buildings you can collect at one time a huge amount
I have my munitions stockpile, command centre, recicling plants and oil rigs sync and collect once a day 1.8M from them
Cheers

Ryan5100
05-16-2012, 10:01 AM
Congrats
Nano takes 3 days to build, so you have enough time to save another 10M in the vault and like aidan said, if you Sync your buildings you can collect at one time a huge amount
I have my munitions stockpile, command centre, recicling plants and oil rigs sync and collect once a day 1.8M from them
Cheers

All my buildings are synced and this is my 2nd nano

spectra
05-16-2012, 10:30 AM
All my buildings are synced and this is my 2nd nano

Great
I was lucky with my first nano, I bought just after the last event that left me with lots of cash plus what I collected the next day
with my second nano, had to sell 1 of my space centres, because I got attacked by a player whom by luck lost, but was a wakeup call for me, I my 2nd nano will be done by tomorrow and just in time I bought it, because I have been getting hit constantly since I bought it, lol (I had 15M saved)
Cheers

Agent Orange
05-16-2012, 10:43 AM

Hmm if you can't save up the cash to buy the building what makes you think you are going to be able to collect from the building before someone else does?

Ryan5100
05-16-2012, 12:06 PM
Hmm if you can't save up the cash to buy the building what makes you think you are going to be able to collect from the building before someone else does?I never lose fights unless I have over my 10m vault and he only knew bc one of my posts on here

Mcdoc
05-16-2012, 12:06 PM
Proof it CAN be done. This is me placing my 2nd Nano. I saved up through PvP, collecting my buildings, but also from hitting up the Admiral for big payouts. He gave me 5mil, 2mil, 4mil, 3.5mil - along the way to my 19 Million I needed (discount).

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/8520/nano2d.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/827/nano2d.png/)

One more goal to check off - well - in 3 days anyway :)

Ryan5100
05-16-2012, 12:11 PM
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg594/Ryanb5100/7dcb674f.jpg
Here is my 2nd nano and also Made sure my cash was hidden this time -.-

Blackstone
05-16-2012, 01:15 PM
I never lose fights unless I have over my 10m vault and he only knew bc one of my posts on here

Just to be clear I hit you last night before I saw your post this morning. Hitting you after would have been a little unethical.

Ryan5100
05-16-2012, 02:02 PM
Just to be clear I hit you last night before I saw your post this morning. Hitting you after would have been a little unethical.Ok I'm not mad I just figured u seen my posts and came looking for me

frodonr
05-28-2012, 03:04 AM
sorry but what is this nano

:marine:
05-28-2012, 03:14 AM
When I was saving for my oil rig I found a money farm in my news feed and took about 200k of him per hit I also did missions.

Arizona
05-28-2012, 03:47 AM
sorry but what is this nano
A Nanotech Factory. You can unlock it at L60

frodonr
05-28-2012, 07:01 AM
A Nanotech Factory. You can unlock it at L60
Yeah sorry about that one, hay just one other thing just to get all the thick questions i can ask out of the way. The advance ship yard is level 50, for me(America) but i've come across other people on far lower rank then me with this and there also playing as america? have i missed something?

Arizona
05-28-2012, 08:40 AM
Yeah sorry about that one, hay just one other thing just to get all the thick questions i can ask out of the way. The advance ship yard is level 50, for me(America) but i've come across other people on far lower rank then me with this and there also playing as america? have i missed something?
Nope. Early in the game advanced buildings weren't level locked, that's why some people at low levels have the advanced airbase or the docks, and have to put up with being called hackers by those that don't know. Funzio eventually locked the airbase until L40 and the docks to L50 as you said.

Crazy Canuck
05-28-2012, 09:04 AM
Various ways to do it.

Hit all the high payout missions and leave it till the last tap.
Sell nuclear/space/rail gun
Buy palm trees and resell it
Sync all your 12,24 n 48 money building so you can collect a huge amount at one time
And lastly you need luck

I did my Nano by just saving up. Was lucky nobody attacked me

This is the option I am working on doing right now. Have all of them synced just working on upgrading them all enough so I can grab 5-6 mill or more all at once (sitting at collecting roughly 4 mill right now).

Here is what I have
2 lvl 10 Munition Stockpiles
2 lvl 5 Ore mines
2 lvl 5 Recycling plants
2 lvl 4 Oil Refinerys (concidering moving them to lvl 5)

Working on these
2 Military Markets from lvl 5 to 7
2 Desalination Plants from lvl 1 to 5
2 Chemical Plants from lvl 1 to 3
2 Oil Rigs from lvl 1 to 3

Still have a ways to go as you can see but I do believe once I have these upgrades finished I will be able to make the jump from the 10 mil protected vault money to the 18.8 mil (or less if i upgrade the Cement Factory the rest of way) with only min amount needed from raiding/attacking ofther