PDA

View Full Version : Gold weapon unfair advantage?

DEMIGOD
05-15-2012, 07:23 PM
Recently I have been attacked by a casher, and despite his attack being 600+ below mine, he did manage to rob both my lofts and MTs, and he succeeded 5 out of 7 times. Im really dubious how the atk and def system works, considering my atk n def, both at 3600 odds, far surpasses his of 3000 odds atk lvl, and 3400 def.

Is this due to him using gold weapons? Or I'm just that down on luck?

sez
05-15-2012, 07:24 PM
Wait till you get a higher lvl, someone and even you can rob someone with over 10,000 defense higher then your attack. Get use to it.

2Legit
05-15-2012, 07:31 PM
yeah what he sez...i get robbed from ppl who succeeds 80% but with way lower stats than I have.

Nicholost
05-15-2012, 08:20 PM
DEMIGOD, defense doesn't work as intuatively as you'd expect. In other words, defending against a robbery and attack follow two different algorithms. See CCM's post here (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?9738-Quitting-the-game&p=42565#post42565).

Fight defense:
Total item defense + Building defense + (contribution from defense skill calculation) +/- (random element)

Rob defense:
1/2 total item defense + Building defense + (contribution from defense skill calculation) +/- (random element)

As you can see, this makes it extremely difficult to fend off robbers.

DEMIGOD
05-16-2012, 08:01 AM
Thanks nicholost for your insight! Much appreciated, and finally I know why :/
@sez I understand that the high lv fights are rather irradicle, that's y I'm keeping my dist from it!

sexkitteh
05-16-2012, 08:04 AM
Recently I have been attacked by a casher, and despite his attack being 600+ below mine, he did manage to rob both my lofts and MTs, and he succeeded 5 out of 7 times. Im really dubious how the atk and def system works, considering my atk n def, both at 3600 odds, far surpasses his of 3000 odds atk lvl, and 3400 def.

Is this due to him using gold weapons? Or I'm just that down on luck?

What level are you? and how many defense buildings do you have? and what level are your defense buildings?

I've been attacking LOTS of players with like 2/3k defense... but there ACTUAL defense is like... 600 because they have like 20x level 10 defense buildings that are doing absolutely nothing for them...

sez
05-16-2012, 08:05 AM
Thanks nicholost for your insight! Much appreciated, and finally I know why :/
@sez I understand that the high lv fights are rather irradicle, that's y I'm keeping my dist from it!

I wasn't blowing off your question or downgrading it. It just makes less sense the higher you go is all.

Swifty
05-16-2012, 08:10 AM
The only real defense is to collect on time.

And if real life interferes, and it always does with me, then bank your 40% and move on.

kykboxr
05-16-2012, 08:22 AM
What level are you? and how many defense buildings do you have? and what level are your defense buildings?

I've been attacking LOTS of players with like 2/3k defense... but there ACTUAL defense is like... 600 because they have like 20x level 10 defense buildings that are doing absolutely nothing for them...

What's the BE for the defensive buildings? Where should you say "ok, I've had enough upgrading these." Is it a L3, L4, L5?

sez
05-16-2012, 08:24 AM
What's the BE for the defensive buildings? Where should you say "ok, I've had enough upgrading these." Is it a L3, L4, L5?

I've read no higher then 3. After 3 the total of the Defense building gets split. At lvl 3 you get the full amount of Defense that the building states. This is what I have read here.

dudeman
05-16-2012, 08:36 AM
I've read no higher then 3. After 3 the total of the Defense building gets split. At lvl 3 you get the full amount of Defense that the building states. This is what I have read here.

The reason most people suggest stopping defense building upgrades at level 3 is because the time and cost for the upgrades are no longer worthwhile. Other upgrades become a better use of time/game-money, especially if you could be focusing on economy rather than defense since all you really need for defense is an alarm clock.

Defense buildings have a base defense at level 1 and every upgrade adds base/2 to your mafia defense (full value is always added to your profile defense, but it is a well known fact that your mafia defense is not the same as profile defense).

sez, I'm not sure where you saw that level 3 defense buildings provide the full listed defense, but I think it could have been a typo. I'd like to be proven wrong in this case, but I think I won't be :/

sez
05-16-2012, 08:38 AM
The reason most people suggest stopping defense building upgrades at level 3 is because the time and cost for the upgrades are no longer worthwhile. Other upgrades become a better use of time/game-money, especially if you could be focusing on economy rather than defense since all you really need for defense is an alarm clock.

Defense buildings have a base defense at level 1 and every upgrade adds base/2 to your mafia defense (full value is always added to your profile defense, but it is a well known fact that your mafia defense is not the same as profile defense).

sez, I'm not sure where you saw that level 3 defense buildings provide the full listed defense, but I think it could have been a typo. I'd like to be proven wrong in this case, but I think I won't be :/

No, you might be right. I thought that's what I read in a conversation between Nicholost and CCMark. Maybe I can dig threw CCMarks posts and find it. It was not that long ago. Maybe a month?

kykboxr
05-16-2012, 08:41 AM
D, I don't think he meant it that way, it's more the time/effort/$$$ to get to a situation where an upgrade will yield barely nothing for the amount of cash/time you're putting into it. I'm in a situation that I'm unbeatable now, at my level, however, when I start to move up I'm going to need to start beefing up. With the economy #1, I still need to protect it, so I'm not in a situation where I'll be updating these turrets to L5 when L3 will give me enough to fend off attacks. The algorithm that Nicholost stated is interesting, so I've curious as far as 'what is best?'