PDA

View Full Version : Spend respect on Yamaha?

ShawnBB
05-15-2012, 06:12 PM
Before exelero unlock, what's the proper amount of yamahas a player should get?
As I'm really short of cars, 325 for 13/12 seems like a really good deal.

Spartacus
05-15-2012, 06:14 PM
Are you consistently losing fights/robs? If you are, then get them. If you aren't, don't touch them. You'd be better off buying Chain Whips, even though they are a melee item.

Aid
05-15-2012, 06:16 PM
Agree, as you hit the higher levels the yams are not a viable choice

jmeijer
05-15-2012, 06:19 PM
To have 100 of them isn't bad, but don't get like 300 of them. They will be replaced eventually.

ShawnBB
05-15-2012, 06:21 PM
Are you consistently losing fights/robs? If you are, then get them. If you aren't, don't touch them. You'd be better off buying Chain Whips, even though they are a melee item.

Actually I'm dominating at my 150 mafia size area. Have like 55 cw now,but only 100 cars.
As might moving up regularly to 300 mafia for NC plan, I figured filling up yamahas could bring me a higher defense per RP spent.

Joeycool
05-15-2012, 06:23 PM
Shaun.

Are you camping? I seem to have seen your name in a few camping type threads. If you are camping they may be a waste.

I flew through the levels as quick as I could. Fighting to gain respect. I needed to buy respect weapons as often as I could to keep me at the high level of attack stats.

I bought 308 of them before I moved on to exerelos if that helps you any. Notably about 80 of them are still taken into my fights as one of my 500 attack vehicles even now.

Aid
05-15-2012, 06:24 PM
Is red light district open for you yet?

murf
05-15-2012, 06:43 PM
Before exelero unlock, what's the proper amount of yamahas a player should get?
As I'm really short of cars, 325 for 13/12 seems like a really good deal.

I wouldn't get yamahas unless you really need the help...with ECB (15/17) able to be farmed @ a rate of 3-4/day + all the Armored Police Trucks (4/19) you get from PvP, it isn't something I would get unless I desperately needed the help immediately.

enahs1
05-15-2012, 06:45 PM
Murf, where can I get 3-4 ecb every day

murf
05-15-2012, 06:48 PM
Murf, where can I get 3-4 ecb every day

Red Light District - Red Cascade - expensive buy-in, but in the end it's worth it....drops .7 / 1000 energy, with goodfella you get 4800 energy per day, that's 3.36, + additional when you level up...

xclusiv
05-15-2012, 08:12 PM
the proper amount of yamahas you should get is 0.

get chainwhips and fcg

erik
05-15-2012, 08:13 PM
+1 x

0 is the correct #

ShawnBB
05-15-2012, 09:57 PM
Shaun.

Are you camping? I seem to have seen your name in a few camping type threads. If you are camping they may be a waste.

I flew through the levels as quick as I could. Fighting to gain respect. I needed to buy respect weapons as often as I could to keep me at the high level of attack stats.

I bought 308 of them before I moved on to exerelos if that helps you any. Notably about 80 of them are still taken into my fights as one of my 500 attack vehicles even now.

OK, will get 80 then:). Thanks
I like those Econ topics brought out by a lot of campers and they are refreshing my recognitions to this game all the time.

I'm not camping at all, so far looted 75 bomb squad suit. And I rob a lot,only 1:1 and 1:2 exp/RP buildings.
The reason I didnt move up mafia is that my 50 gatlings could contribute a higher percentage of my total defense if I stay lower mafia size.

Is red light district open for you yet?

I'm only lvl 87. Just tossed my tapjoy coins on 2 Weddding chapels.

Thanks for all others, 0 is not gonna be wise since I'm trying to keep my stats fully filled to defend on hand cash and the NC in the future.

dudeman
05-15-2012, 10:27 PM
Thanks for all others, 0 is not gonna be wise since I'm trying to keep my stats fully filled to defend on hand cash and the NC in the future.

If you're planning to level up it would be more wise to use your energy for farming Empire Central Busses from the Red Cascade in the Red Light District. That will cover your vehicles inventory with a vehicle that is better than the Yamahas Race Bike and it will enable you to save those irreplaceable respect points and spend them on something else that will also improve your stats. Improve two weapon categories simultaneously.

Or you could spend your respect on an item that will be replaced and not make any attempt at getting the free busses. Your decision. :cool:

Swifty
05-16-2012, 01:59 AM
If you buy Yamahas, you will regret it later when you start replacing them with better vehicles.

I do.

Swearengen
05-16-2012, 10:23 AM
To have 100 of them isn't bad, but don't get like 300 of them. They will be replaced eventually.

Gotta agree with this. I got ilke 100 to start with and it was huge help but now working on CW's only. I have about 110 now.

Joeycool
05-16-2012, 10:31 AM
If you play like me and fight lots... there is no such thing as wasted R, because I fight so much R is never short in supply.

If you fight lots you should buy the most powerful weapons that are available to you as soon as you can.

Its a game of evolution - buy better to replace old equipment.

I never regret buying yamaha's because they kept me ahead of the field. Now its exelero's. But I wouldnt have got where I am with out my yamahas.

Max Power
05-16-2012, 10:44 AM
I see Joeys point, but I still think I bought too many. I went about 5000 fights in a row without losing, so I could have saved those points for endgame.

Joeycool
05-16-2012, 10:59 AM
I see Joeys point, but I still think I bought too many. I went about 5000 fights in a row without losing, so I could have saved those points for endgame.

Thats my point exactly there Max... you had 5000 fights in a row with out loosing. Was that "because" you bought Yamahas?

If you didnt buy them would you have perhaps not won those fights?

For those wondering what my R items look like:

mid range -
Yamaha - 308
serrated balde - 100 (not worht spending much on as CW is available early on)
Night vision - 319

High range -
Excelero - 256
CW - 300
FCG - 119

Not bothered with R guns. As guns really look after themselves in this game.