PDA

View Full Version : Mafia Questions: How they benefit you and how they affect your statistics?

Laurabell
05-15-2012, 03:09 PM
Level 59, #of Mafia Members: 565
Mafia Attack Score: 5451,
Mafia Defense Score: 7796

I know each Mob member can use 1 weapon, 1 melee, 1 armor, 1 explosive, and 1 vehicle per fight, and you can bring "X" amount of mafia members into each battle. I'm unsure on "X."

Q: How many mafia members can you use per fight and how is this determined? ie: By your Level?

Let's say you can use 3 mob members per Level. I'm at level 59 that would mean I could bring (59x3)=177 mob members into battle. That would mean to take full advantage of my mafia, I would want 177 of each: weapon, melee, armor, explosives, and vehicles. Right?

If this is all true, and if "X" multiplied by my level is less than the number of mafia I have, would it be in my best interest to remove some mob?

This can't be too difficult! :)

Aid
05-15-2012, 03:12 PM
You can use five mafia per level, so if you are at level 10 the max mafia you can use is 50. It makes no difference how strong your individual mafia members are or what level, you equip them with your best equipment...some think henchman are better than regular mafia though

jmeijer
05-15-2012, 03:13 PM
'X amount' depends on your level. When your level is below 100, you can have 'level x 5 mafia members'. 500 is the maximum amount of mafia members that you can bring to battle.

dudeman
Max number of mafia you can equip = (your level)*5. The current cap is set at 500 mafia, so once you reach level 100 you can have a max. size mafia.

"Extra" mafia does nothing and is only a number, BUT if you have over 1000 mafia they will show on your rivals list and you can attack/rob people in your own mafia. Not very nice, but it works that way for a reason.

Spartacus
Total mafia available for use = Your Level * 5.

Your level is 59. 59*5=295.

You can have any number of mafia members but the max you can use at your level is 295. Even if you have 300 mafia you will still be using 295. The best way to take full advantage of your mob is to equip them all with decent items and equipment.

Aid
05-15-2012, 03:14 PM
'X amount' depends on your level. When your level is below 100, you can have 'level x 5 mafia members'. 500 is the maximum amount of mafia members that you can bring to battle.

Thanks j, I left that out since I keep forgetting that may not be common knowledge

Laurabell
05-15-2012, 05:00 PM
The best way to take full advantage of your mob is to equip them all with decent items and equipment.

>Ok, so since each mob member in battle can use 1 armor, 1 melee, 1 armor, 1 explosive, and 1 vehicle, then I would want 295 armor, 295 melee, and so on. Any items bought over that amount would not be used, except when considering that when you buy "strong" or more expensive items, they would replace your weaker items. (?) And then obviously, the better the items the stronger your mob. I think I got it.

Thanks to everyone - this was really helpful.

Nicholost
05-15-2012, 05:06 PM
>Does this mean I want 295 of each armor, melee, armor, explosives, and vehicles?

Decent, meaning fully equipped with good equipment. You may have 295 items from each category, but there's a good chance the last third or more of those items have very poor stats. Read the first half of this thread for a little insight on this subject:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?22306-Mafia-Size-and-the-Bracketing-Hypothesis

EDIT: You edited your post when the light bulb clicked on. I still think reading the first post in that thread is worthwhile.

iatrogenicx
05-15-2012, 05:54 PM
Be aware that as you approach 5mafia per level or greater, you will tend to face stronger opponents than say someone at 4mafia/level. If you can't outfit your mafia proper like then it is best to slow your level advancement as you equip your mafia or tell some mafia members that your family no longer needs their services. It's nothing personal, it's just business.

Laurabell
05-15-2012, 06:16 PM
Decent, meaning fully equipped with good equipment. You may have 295 items from each category, but there's a good chance the last third or more of those items have very poor stats. Read the first half of this thread for a little insight on this subject:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?22306-Mafia-Size-and-the-Bracketing-Hypothesis

EDIT: You edited your post when the light bulb clicked on. I still think reading the first post in that thread is worthwhile.

That link was helpful - you notice certain items deteriorate in value once you start buying higher priced items. Do your loot items count in weapons your mafia uses?

murf
05-15-2012, 06:51 PM
That link was helpful - you notice certain items deteriorate in value once you start buying higher priced items. Do your loot items count in weapons your mafia uses?

yes they do...try not to buy too many in-game cash weapons unless you are camping or you really need the boost....if you are an active player all your weapons should be from farming, PvP drops, RP purchases or event items (or gold if you choose that route too.

Swearengen
05-16-2012, 10:29 AM
yes they do...try not to buy too many in-game cash weapons unless you are camping or you really need the boost....if you are an active player all your weapons should be from farming, PvP drops, RP purchases or event items (or gold if you choose that route too.

Not disagreeing with you but I know lots of folks say the opposite. If you have the econ and in game cash buy weapons, save your RP for higher end game items.

I guess it depends if your camping, crawling/turtling, or kicking azz (maybe what you call an active player).

murf
05-16-2012, 11:07 AM
Not disagreeing with you but I know lots of folks say the opposite. If you have the econ and in game cash buy weapons, save your RP for higher end game items.

I guess it depends if your camping, crawling/turtling, or kicking azz (maybe what you call an active player).

Yes, I meant kicking azz as active...if you're progressing multiple levels / day which is what happens if you actively PvP & farm, then your economy will never be sufficient to buy useful in-game weapons. All your cash should go back into your economy. You will get a ton of items from farming and the PvP drops, and if you spend your RP wisely you will never need to buy in-game weapons. This is not a no-bank strategy, I don't think there is anyway possible (except gold) to no-bank while actively PvP and farming.

Plentiful PvP drops vs cash equivalent:

GUN - Steyr AUG (7,6) vs Assault Rifle (7,5 - $36,000)
MELEE - Nail Bat (7,5) vs Fire Axe (7,5 - $27,000)
ARMOR - Wrester's Mask (4,7) vs Stab Vest (3,7 - $9,000)
VEHICLE - Armored Police Truck (4, 19) (not sure when this starts dropping) vs Armored Limo (7, 17 - $7,000,000)

And except for Police Truck, these are just the crappy PvP drops....it costs you $72,000/mafia member to equip with crappy stuff and no vehicles....it gets exponentially more expensive to buy better items. And when you add in the better drops, farmed items (Rusty M4A1, Lowiders) and RP items (NVBs & CWs), it's going to be awfully expensive to buy non-gold items to improve your stats.

Plus you need to build your econ to be able to open up better farming locations at higher levels (ECB & UWV), buy explosives and eventually end-game items such as FBI shields and Dual Machine Guns.

Laurabell
05-16-2012, 04:28 PM

Generally, I try to avoid leveling up while increasing my income as much as possible. I try to take my robbery money and mission money to buy weapons, and my building income to go back into my hood, and consider those weapons won through fights/jobs as just a "perk," if you will.

2) Do you ever complete multiples of the same job in one of the locations on the map, while still in the same level, before that location levels up, in order to gain more weapons/cash? Sometimes I get bored with camping, so I go to the map and browse the lower level locations, trying to get the most cash/weapons but the least amount of Expert Points. After learning what I have from this post, it seems this might not be wise, due to the weapon value deterioration. hmmm...

3) Is there an easier way to track the number of vehicles you have rather than going through your inventory and manually counting?! I'm level 59, so the number of mob I can use is 295 (59*3), which means I can use up to 295 vehicles. Man, I really don't want to have to do that lol

murf
05-17-2012, 10:30 AM
Generally, I try to avoid leveling up while increasing my income as much as possible. I try to take my robbery money and mission money to buy weapons, and my building income to go back into my hood, and consider those weapons won through fights/jobs as just a "perk," if you will.

2) Do you ever complete multiples of the same job in one of the locations on the map, while still in the same level, before that location levels up, in order to gain more weapons/cash? Sometimes I get bored with camping, so I go to the map and browse the lower level locations, trying to get the most cash/weapons but the least amount of Expert Points. After learning what I have from this post, it seems this might not be wise, due to the weapon value deterioration. hmmm...

3) Is there an easier way to track the number of vehicles you have rather than going through your inventory and manually counting?! I'm level 59, so the number of mob I can use is 295 (59*3), which means I can use up to 295 vehicles. Man, I really don't want to have to do that lol

2) if you read the forums and people talk about farming that is what they do...they find a location with a good weapon drop and hit it over and over and over until they have enough of that weapon. There is a loot spreadsheet in the Updated Best of the Best, that shows where you can get different weapons and how often they drop.

3) everyone uses spreadsheets and updates them periodically...there is no easy way.