PDA

View Full Version : What would you do in my situation?

el_gringo
05-15-2012, 02:37 PM
Hi guys. This is a long - but interesting one, so if you don't have the patience to read it, move on now!

Also, if you believe you are the 'other party' (I'm not going to give his MW username), please PM me and we will attempt diplomatic relations to sort this out.

The Situation.

I am currently lvl 43 (almost lv 44) with 110 allies. My stats visible to me are currently 5622 att 6314 def. I am playing as GERMANY and have lv 3 Electronics Factory, lv 6 Cement Factory, lv 3 infirmary and all other unit boost buildings at 2. the only unit i have with a boost gives a 2% casualty reduction whoop de doo). Think my IPH is about 190000ish at the moment, having just bought my first oil rig.

My army is very diverse, but is slightly ground unit heavy in numbers. I would describe myself as a 'low gold spender' - I have a number of things i've spent 40 - 60 gold on but the only great units I have are a Ghost SAS and that bridging unit with the 130+defense stat.

I've been turtling around this level for a while now for a number of reasons - mainly as I had a problem with not receiving drops from PVP (ticket sent, investigated, hopefully fixed) and because I've got pretty into Kingdom Age, as some of you are aware!

The problem.

So I log on today after arriving back from a night away from home, and get a bit of a shock. I've been raided and attacked repeatedly by another player. Now its rare as hell that I even get attacked, let alone get anything taken, but on this occasion I found this in my newsfeed:

YOU WON $7843
You were attacked by X
During the fight you lost: 1 Chinook Heelicopter, 1 Prison Truck.

YOU LOST $9600
You were raided by X
During the raid, you lost 1 Anti Aircraft Vehicle, 1 Bradley Fighting Vehicle, 1 Medic

YOU WON
You were raided by X

YOU LOST $31680
You were raided by X
During the raid you lost: 1 CIGN, 1 Bradley Fighting Vehicle.

So natch, I'm pretty annoyed at this. And I haven't really got many goals and targets, specially short term, in this game at the moment. So I cased him out as a long term target for serious revenge (It's rare to see the revenge button!).

His stats are strange enough for his army make up for several people to have commented on his wall 'How did you get those stats with those units?' although it looks doable (if a little high) to me. He is playing as GERMANY as well, which is a bit strange as you will see.

His stats are currently att 5940 def 7479 and he has 123 allies. He appears to have spent NOTHING on gold but has a couple of prize units. He has a lot of defensive units across the board (apcs, ambulances, medics, sea scouts), plus a few Avengers, but hes really spent on sea units - 30 cruisers, 30 Amphibious hovercraft, 50 stealth frigates. His Naval research building is at 3, elec factory 1, genetics lab1 and infirmary at 3 . No other boost buildings. His Naval research is guarded by 2 guard towers , one at lv 6 and one at lv 1 ;) His real strength over me is his IPH which is almost $260000 - it appears from my our earlier meeting that he doesn't realise how high my att/def skill points are. I also need to consider that my stamina is only 7!

My options

1. Pussy out, write my ally code on his wall begging friendship (not gonna happen!)

2. Write ally code on his wall threatening him with revenge attacks until he adds me.

3. Ally up quickly to at least his ally count, maybe nearer 150, thus bringing all my crap units into play!

4. Spend the 4,000 valour I have saved to replace lost valour units with on super hornets.

5. Spend 260 gold (240 + the 12 I have already plus 8 more from tapjoy) on units.

6. Spend 240 gold on the defensive boost upgrade building in case of revenge attacks (is this worth it considering I'd then have to set about upgrading it?)

7. Level up quick and hard, adding skill points in att/def before I go for him

8. Level up quick and hard, adding skill points to stamina before I go for him.

Which options would you go for if you were me? Which do you see potential pitfalls in doing? What do you think his in game reaction might be? Are there any options you would add that I do not appear to have noticed?

Thanks all :cool:

el_gringo
05-15-2012, 04:53 PM
No advice anyone?

I'm starting to build up allies in readiness for an eventual attack so if you wish to add me please do:

570 - 194 - 109

Toodle pip :)

Poopenshire
05-15-2012, 04:56 PM
I say build up fast then curl up in a ball and cry!

Jhoemel
05-15-2012, 05:24 PM
Id pick option 4 and 5, sweet revenge

Col Clay
05-15-2012, 05:26 PM
Patience, build up fast, revenge is a dish best served cold!

el_gringo
05-15-2012, 05:29 PM
I'm actually leaning towards 3, 5 and 7 at the moment.

Poopenshire
05-15-2012, 05:33 PM
Ignore the defense points, go for att and maybe more raid points so you can take out his support structures first. Leave his base a mess!

el_gringo
05-15-2012, 05:37 PM
Yeah Poops, my low staminas half the problem. I pretty much have to take out his naval research facility before any attack or raid, as he is so sea-heavy despite being german flagged. Might have to be a quick couple of level ups spending two points on a stamina point and one on attack.

cheers for the add by the way, at 116 allies now!

JackRakan93
05-15-2012, 05:39 PM
#1.

Keep an eye on him whilst doing #3-7.

Un-ally with him and then revenge.

el_gringo
05-15-2012, 05:50 PM
#1.

Keep an eye on him whilst doing #3-7.

Un-ally with him and then revenge.

haha thats pretty evil man!

I expect he also lost more than he won in our earlier tussle. Considering how close together my def stat and his attack stat (once boosts are accounted for) were, he must have lost more than the 10 or so valour and $32k he got from me.

Hassleham
05-15-2012, 05:51 PM
I would post my code on the forums in the other thread and wait till you get 50 odd ally requests.
While the requests are building up buy a load of units that will give you a decent boost when you increase allies by 50 (anything stronger than your loot units such as chinooks/submarines etc. Keep an eye on his base for a while to see how much cash he keeps around. If his income is 260k ten chances are he might save up for an expensive upgrade in the future, meaning his vault will be full and he will have cash lying around.

Wait for this moment and accept all your allies at once, then go farm him :) if you're lucky you'll be able to farm him several times before he gets a notification and hides his money/buys his upgrade.

Good luck!

Hassleham
05-15-2012, 05:53 PM
Also you could do a few tapjoy things to get some gold and if you're getting 300k per hit when you finally attack him you could buy a stamina refill with tapjoy gold.

el_gringo
05-15-2012, 05:54 PM
Thats a damn good idea about keeping 'allies in reserve' there Hassleham. I'll keep that in mind, I can't think why I hadn't thought of it!

Hassleham
05-15-2012, 06:02 PM
I've used it loads :)
If you find a gold player who is stronger than everyone in your range of allies, they will usually have way more money than they need, and they won't protect it because they're pretty much invincible. If you attack them (you'll lose) then 90% of the time they will attack you back to see if you're worth farming. This puts them on your news feed (as a loss, so you can hit revenge and keep checking how much cash they have) and you can add all your allies for a massive stat boost and go back and farm them!

el_gringo
05-15-2012, 06:47 PM
Okay so the latest is I'm up to lv 44.

Invested some gold into units (60 on a crate - some crappy common defenisve ship, 100 on a gladiator anti air tank,a soldier of fortune and a rogue agent)

Now at att 6016, def 6714, allies 116

Posted my code several times in the add me forum but the requests aren't quite rolling in just yet!

Gonna wait till my next supply depot drop then buy a leopard tank, then bed. It's Himmelfahrt on Thursday so I have no work for the next five days, making my task far easier to achieve!.

Cheers for the advice fellas. I'll let update you in a week or so!

Maverick50727
05-15-2012, 07:03 PM
OK, I'm going to have to be a little rude here. But I can't believe what I'm hearing. I think you need a wake up call, so don't take this the wrong way.

Think about what you are saying. You have never been attacked or raided much, but the one time someone does you are getting bent out of shape. Come on, the guy obviously is close to your stats if you won some and he won. It is not like he is 3x your stats. It sounds like you are surprised you were attacked. Hello that is the whole purpose of the game, it is called Modern War. Dude I get raided or attacked at periods of time every 15 minutes or more. The game can get aggressive the higher you go.

The news feed will normally treat multiple attacks within the same time frame as a single attack, but if you win one and then he wins, it will split them up. Most likely all the attacks are within a short period. Now if the same guys comes back and hits you again and again for days on end, then you have grounds about thinking for revenge. Or if he stole millions. I normally let the 1st one slide, note the 2nd, and won't even call the person out unitl the 3rd or 4th time. I have often posted congrats on rivals walls for catching me unvaulted or having better stats. So maybe you need to change your mind set some. What would you do? Attack a stronger person and lose or attack a weaker one. Nothing you have said makes this guy sound bad. Here are some points:

1.) he can't see your full stats as only you see the boosts in your values, he just sees your raw stats
2.) the units you said you lost are all junk units IMO with high consumption rates, he has much better units
3.) you say you are heavy in ground, while he is heavy in sea. Hovercrafts are strong against ground so he got a 25% boost there. Can you say the same thing?
4.) you don't know if his attacks were just for a goal, sounds like you are taking it personal which is a big mistake
5.) your money loses are a fraction of your per hour income
6.) he couldn't have raided your buildings if you hadn't left them uncollected, so the blame there is on you. same for money, if if you ever lose unvaluted money.
7.) you don't knwo where his skill points lie, he could be all attack or all def.
8.) Don't bite off more than you can chew, don't assume he took more lumps than you. Because if he is strong in sea and you in ground, ground has a much much higher consumption rate than sea.

I've enjoyed a good back and forth revenge with people many, many times. As I said I let them get in the hits, analyze them, warn them if I know I can take them by bumping up ally count (adv of running lower than your max allowed), if they don't get the hint we go rounds until they yeild. But like I say never start something you can't finish including a possible ally he might call on (check his wall for chats with stronger people). Look at the whole picture inluding boosts, loss rates, unit makeup, nation bonus, strong against, etc. Thent act.

I've even done rounds back and forth with a few, had some interesting conversation with them, even traded more friendly blows back and forth after giving each other advice. I would have even allied with them as we were about equal but we left it as see you around. We knew our efforts were best spent elsewhere and held no ill will. Respect you rival, don't use foul language, and they may respect you and you learn from your exchanges.

I think you might get your #% handed to you if you start something now with this guy. Even if you have better stats or can raid him for revenge later on, don't forget to look at the big picture. Wins and money from raids don't mean anything if it costs you more than it gains. Don't be some of the people I went rounds with. I had one raid me and gloat so I attacked back, he raided more and I attacked back. He gloated the entire time as he won all the raids and this went on for days. I fnally had to put a stop to it and say look buddy yes you raided me for 2 million but do you realize in my attacks on you that have lost X units at a cost of 7-8 mil, I have lost only the money you stole, a few loot units and cash units totalling 500,000. I caused 3x more damage on him and he though he won. The only thing he won was wasting my time and stamina I could use elsewhere, I said I could do this all day. Once he saw the big picture I got an ally request. I've done maybe 10 people this way and they ally or stop once they figure it out, but every time I've had to spell it out for these guys as they can't see my losses and assume they are winning. I won hands down and that didn't even include the loses he took the raids on me whcih I could see.

Yes he is german and not using his nation bonus effectively (only cost little to change), but his defense is far better than your attack, low or very low casualty and consumption rates and many strong against units. Study wisely and if you do attack, be ready to back off if you attack 4-5 times taking losses and you don't see him taking any. Don't be those guys who "win" at a greater cost just for ego.

RedLabit
05-15-2012, 08:06 PM
Wow Maverick actually wrote a longer post than your first post...

LOL...

Anyway, I'm with him on this one. Your multiple choice question should have one more option... Do nothing. :)

Corsair
05-15-2012, 09:46 PM
Was going to agree with Mav, but then RedLabit said exactly what I was going to say. Do nothing. You let one attack get you off your plan/approach. What if you do all that to find he's always vaulted up? You blew a bunch of old for little gain. He probably won't even attack you again if that's all he got. No need to go all Ahab/Khan on him.

Q Raider
05-16-2012, 12:01 AM
Setup a PVE mission on one of the maps for a final hit.

When fairly close to levelling up, hit him with your full stamina, then use the PVE shot(s) to actually level up.

Up the attack points by one giving you 8.

Go back and hit him again....though I don't think you get fifteen hits at that level...

Hassleham
05-16-2012, 03:28 AM
I still say you should own him haha. It's only a game and the aim is be beat other people on your rivals list so go wild :)

Arizona
05-16-2012, 04:25 AM
Which options would you go for if you were me? Which do you see potential pitfalls in doing? What do you think his in game reaction might be? Are there any options you would add that I do not appear to have noticed?

Thanks all :cool:

Just take Mavs advice. Seriously, you lost peanuts.

An extra option.
9. Search for strategy guides on here. You will find a great deal of sound info.

Mcdoc
05-16-2012, 04:43 AM
What MaV Said :) - -

- It's a game - think of ALL the people you've owned in this game so far. If anything, let it serve as a wake up call that you are carrying WAY too many Allies right now. Work on your "density". BUT - if you're still seeing red and want revenge - save up a bunch of Valor (like 7000 worth) and then do an attack on this guy - then immediately add 20 Super Hornets and wait for him to give you cash. -

- Oh yeah - maybe he was just farming Battle Points and for some reason you gave him more than anyone else - OR - maybe he is used to owning everyone and your army surprised him with a loss and he was throwing a temper tantrum.

Lastly - put your big girl panties on and stop crying - LoL

el_gringo
05-16-2012, 05:31 AM
Haha yeah I thought I'd get a bit of stick for going after this guy.

I accept that I haven't lost much in the grand scheme of things (although the CIGN and AA Vehicle are among my costliest to replace units) and its sounds like I'm whining because I've lost.

But it's really not that way. With my stats at my level its rare to see a loss, so the opportunities I have to use my wall to enter peoples bases who may now be camped behind me is very rare.

He's also one the few people who have beaten me who is 'within my range' - I do occasionally get attacked by heavy gold spenders, but they usually have defenses of 10k or thereabouts and it would take a huge effort, time and expenditure to go back after these guys.

But the pincher is, he actually has things I want to raid. Recently I've been looking at rival bases and no-one attackable seems to have anything thats it's worth the return for the risk attacking. This guys got loads, and providing I wiped out his Naval Research building first. Couple this with his high stats meaning no many others will try and milk him either and it could be profitable.

As I said in reply to the poster that said to ally him, watch him closely then un ally him and attack, I accept that he probably lost a fair bit more than he won in attacking me and therefore didn't see much point in doing that. I also accept hes likely to camp and, as i've levelled up to 44, I'm not going to be flashing up on his rival list for long, plus he won't have me on his newsfeed as I haven't attacked him.

In summary, this is more about having a bit of short term fun and rivalry with someone in a game that has seemed receely more and more about just collecting cash and upgrading stuff for when I hit the much later levels. The past 24 hours is the first time I've actually done anything but collect once an hour or so while I was playing KA since KA was released!

Maverick50727
05-16-2012, 09:21 AM
Again. If you want to play and have fun/revenge, the early game is the time to do it as you can make money in the blink of an eye to replace losses. I butted heads with a number and then went our separate ways just for fun and never allied. It is really hard to say who is better unless I can look at the entire units makeup of both sides, so that is what you will have to do.

Here are a few things to think about. I took most of the units you listed for him and you, sorted by consume % and your units don't look so good.

1.) most of his has double leading zeroes .00x is much much better than .0x
2.) he has more strong against listed whcih gives 25% diminishing bonus
3.) his medics and ambulances will probably only be used for defense and if he has enough qty will be his meat shields
4.) You have AA's but they have bad consumption rates, if his A. Hovercraft match up they are strong against ground so with 25% diminsh value his 16A will beat your reduced 13D on your AA's
5.) note your costliest units you stated were GIGN and AA's but look where they are at in the list below
6.) GIGN just don't seem to be worth it IMO. There really isn't a great counter infantry unit though unless you spend gold. Out of the 6 normal units with infantry country 4 of the 6 are infantry units themselves. Flamethrower .04, BIO awrfare .03, and Chem Weapon Spec .02 which are High vs. the GIGN Low .015. Combat boat is useless due to 9/10 stats, but is the unit with the lowest rate of .004 in the group of 6 infantry counters. They are good early on and can eat many lower infantry units for breakfast with low losses. That leaves 1 in the 6 I haven't mentioned. The Rapid fire attack 20/18. It is costly and listed as medium, but really have a .01876 consume matched to the GIGN 22/19 .015. They can take out a GIGN if attacking, but not when defending.

Hope some of this helps and opens a few eyes. None of this info is secret, but hard to get and little understood. PM me if ou have questions. Again you have to look at all the units involved but it doesn't look good with this data set. And the loses you had would be expected given the consume rates.

Name Attack Defense Counters Type Consumption rate Consumption Description
Medic 0 10 0.05025 High
Bradley Fighting Vehicle 7 7 0.02814 Medium
Anti-Aircraft Vehicle 10 17 air 0.02278 Medium
GIGN 22 19 infantry 0.015 Low
Chinook Helicopter 7 8 0.01407 Low
Avenger 12 10 air 0.0133 Low
Military Ambulance 2 18 0.01273 Low
Sea Scout 3 17 sea 0.003 Very Low
Cruiser 12 16 0.00268 Very Low
Stealth Frigate 31 18 sea 0.0025 Low
Amphibious Hovercraft 16 16 ground 0.002345 Very Low

Bronson
05-16-2012, 09:35 AM
I read the post and thought, what! You got hit one time and your planning a strategy for this! So was gonna post then read further down and seen Mav wrote something along the lines of what I was gonna say but far more eloquently, informative and a hell of a lot longer!!!

If I get stuck in the $hit I listen to the dude with the horse and I don't go far wrong, I suggest you do the same.

Maverick50727
05-16-2012, 10:05 AM
I read the post and thought, what! You got hit one time and your planning a strategy for this! So was gonna post then read further down and seen Mav wrote something along the lines of what I was gonna say but far more eloquently, informative and a hell of a lot longer!!!

If I get stuck in the $hit I listen to the dude with the horse and I don't go far wrong, I suggest you do the same.

Thanks for the comment. I don't claim to be the best, but some of my logic and the numbers are hard to debate. I've made my mistakes and still do, I learn and adapt. I play free so I have to play smart to compete. (I can never compete with the top gold whales, but I know and may ally at that point out of respect if they will have me).

In the next 2 weeks I should make some nice improvements once my nanos and other uprades are in place.

spectra
05-16-2012, 11:12 AM
No advice anyone?

I'm starting to build up allies in readiness for an eventual attack so if you wish to add me please do:

570 - 194 - 109

Toodle pip :)

send me a request and I will add you (see my signature)

Agent Orange
05-16-2012, 11:18 AM
Agree with Mav, #1 suck it up. #2 analyze your opponent, target their vulnerabilities. #3 build up your army. #4 attack when ready.

In this game there is always going to be someone more powerful than you are. Your stats aren't anything to be impressed by btw my LLP would come in and nail you pretty good good thing you are a level or two above them but when they catch up....

Freekizh
05-16-2012, 11:23 AM
Agree with Mav, #1 suck it up. #2 analyze your opponent, target their vulnerabilities. #3 build up your army. #4 attack when ready.

In this game there is always going to be someone more powerful than you are. Your stats aren't anything to be impressed by btw my LLP would come in and nail you pretty good good thing you are a level or two above them but when they catch up....

AO is spot on - I usually ally up/build up, especially in defense, and then when he starts losing he will stop. Then I will keep visiting his base, and wait for a time when he has a lot unvaulted for upgrades or from PvP, and hit him when he least expects it. Or when i am doing events or have extra stamina, unload on the guy.

el_gringo
05-16-2012, 01:39 PM
Thanks Mav - I didn't realise that Hovercrafts are strong against ground. I suppose thats where his edge on me lies. Also a great point about his using cheaper defensive units as meatshields and thus his losses being less than man.

AA's (of which I only have 5) and GIGNs (think I have 6) certainly aren't my strongest units - I have 8 strykers, 40 avangers, 40 mob tactical units and 28 leopards as the backbone, with 35 submarines and 15 crusiers as well. I also have a few (8 I think) SUper Hornets and 4 Super Eagles, plus a load of random gold units (i'd say about 25?)

Still, my stats are climbing against he is - he doesn't appear to have changed much since I started this thread, I'm up at 6334 att 7039 def now with 124 allies (and a nice backlog of requests building up.

Maverick50727
05-17-2012, 09:09 AM
Thanks Mav - I didn't realise that Hovercrafts are strong against ground. I suppose thats where his edge on me lies. Also a great point about his using cheaper defensive units as meatshields and thus his losses being less than man.

AA's (of which I only have 5) and GIGNs (think I have 6) certainly aren't my strongest units - I have 8 strykers, 40 avangers, 40 mob tactical units and 28 leopards as the backbone, with 35 submarines and 15 crusiers as well. I also have a few (8 I think) SUper Hornets and 4 Super Eagles, plus a load of random gold units (i'd say about 25?)

Still, my stats are climbing against he is - he doesn't appear to have changed much since I started this thread, I'm up at 6334 att 7039 def now with 124 allies (and a nice backlog of requests building up.

FYI, Here are the consumable ones you listed to help. Sorted by consumption rate. Counter type seems to be more air, so keep that in mind since you indicated he was strong in sea even though german. I like units with strong aginst if possible and start with .00x (more zeroes the better LOL). You have to have other units like Leopards for missions with those requirements. I put off many missions until my lowest unit in attack was higher than that units, so I could buy the required and only had to worry about losing them in PVE instead of PVP. Helps reduce loses if you can. I stopped doing mission for a while due to to cost vs. payouts (cash and loot). But due to recent game/map changes I have resumed again mainly for the bosses at this time and so I could map out the payouts/loot.

Name Counters Type Consumption rate Consumption Description
Cruiser 0.00268 Very Low
Super Hornet 0.003 Low
Strike Eagle air 0.0045 Low
Submarine sea 0.00804 Medium
Avenger air 0.0133 Low
GIGN infantry 0.015 Low
Stryker 0.02144 Medium
Anti-Aircraft Vehicle air 0.02278 Medium
Leopard Tank 0.02412 Medium
Mobile Tactical Unit 0.026 Medium