PDA

View Full Version : Idea for future event!

white frog
05-15-2012, 01:07 PM
I just had an idea for the final reward for a future event. It would be cool to have a reward that affected future events. For example, one that would make the $ option free for all future events, or reduce the gold option to 5. Something cool... maybe even increased chances for openings! Any thoughts???

Nicholost
05-15-2012, 01:12 PM
I just had an idea for the final reward for a future event. It would be cool to have a reward that affected future events. For example, ... increased chances for openings!

Heck yeah! People would dump so much gold into that event if the end items was increased likelihood of getting future event end items and loot.

Ramshutu
05-15-2012, 01:14 PM
I think many problems would be solved if the 5,7 and 9 event items provided scaling benefits on th 10th item.

Eg:

Item 5 = 3% increase in RP
Item 7 = 7% increase in RP
Item 9 = 10% increase in RP
Item 10 = 20% increase in RP

Many, many less people would complain with the above, and the stats and overall bonus of the last item still worth using gold for.

DenZ1
05-15-2012, 01:15 PM
I think many problems would be solved if the 5,7 and 9 event items provided scaling benefits on th 10th item.

Eg:

Many, many less people would complain with the above, and the stats and overall bonus of the last item still worth using gold for.

+1. Very good solution.

Spartacus
05-15-2012, 01:19 PM

Eg:

Great idea, ramshutu!

Nicholost
05-15-2012, 01:22 PM

Eg:

I agree that it would minimize the complaining, but it would have a negative effect from a sales perspective. People would be content getting 7 or 9 event items and would not use gold for the 10th. The idea behind making the 10th item so much more lucrative than the others is that people feel compelled to spend gold to get it.

EDIT: I'm not saying it's a bad idea; I personally love it. It's only a bad idea from Funzio's standpoint. :p

DenZ1
05-15-2012, 01:33 PM
I agree that it would minimize the complaining, but it would have a negative effect from a sales perspective. People would be content getting 7 or 9 event items and would not use gold for the 10th. The idea behind making the 10th item so much more lucrative than the others is that people feel compelled to spend gold to get it.

EDIT: I'm not saying it's a bad idea; I personally love it. It's only a bad idea from Funzio's standpoint. :p

Yep. They'll never go for it. No jackpot in this scheme.

Dorian Gray
05-15-2012, 01:48 PM
I agree that it would minimize the complaining,

lol Not from me.

I don't like the event end item bonuses because they give everyone different sets of rules to play the game by and now you guys want to add even more variety to the difference between each player's game rules. Horrible idea.

Before these events if you looked at two people's economies that had each been playing the same amount of time you could say "Oh, his economy is better because he made better decisions."

Now if one of those economies is better it's "Oh he made better decisions, Oh wait no, he has the 25% faster upgrades and the 30% upgrade discount."

So it doesn't matter anymore who makes the better choices, it's about who has the best item bonuses. That's not a game, that's a bunch of BS. And this is coming from a guy who has those two bonuses. The reason this bugs me is because now I can't really measure my economic growth against anyone elses unless they have those item bonuses and that sucks.

Dipstik
05-15-2012, 01:58 PM
Who says funzio cares about forum complainers? You seem to think its a problem that needs fixing :)

Nicholost
05-15-2012, 02:14 PM
So it doesn't matter anymore who makes the better choices, it's about who has the best item bonuses. That's not a game, that's a bunch of BS. And this is coming from a guy who has those two bonuses. The reason this bugs me is because now I can't really measure my economic growth against anyone elses unless they have those item bonuses and that sucks.

You are welcome to measure your economic growth against mine. I have both the minigun and dice. :) Those are my only two end-items.

I don't mean to derail white frog's thread too much, but my opinion is the opposite of yours. I actually like that people have slightly different sets of rules, assuming they were lucky enough to get an end-item that modifies the rules. It ensures there’s no “single path of truth” for succeeding in this game. I am able to grow an economy faster than, say, someone else who collects RP more quickly. That means it’s up to me to develop a strategy to combat their modifier, and I’m going to use my rocking economy to buy Blast Shields to defend against them. That’s fun. I can see it being an issue if everyone in the game had every item, but as it sits, where many people have a couple end-items, it’s a fun dynamic. I welcome the differences. I do in the mid-levels, anyway.

Dorian Gray
05-15-2012, 02:34 PM
You are welcome to measure your economic growth against mine. I have both the minigun and dice. :) Those are my only two end-items.

Will do.

I don't mean to derail white frog's thread too much, but my opinion is the opposite of yours. I actually like that people have slightly different sets of rules, assuming they were lucky enough to get an end-item that modifies the rules. It ensures there’s no “single path of truth” for succeeding in this game. I am able to grow an economy faster than, say, someone else who collects RP more quickly. That means it’s up to me to develop a strategy to combat their modifier, and I’m going to use my rocking economy to buy Blast Shields to defend against them. That’s fun. I can see it being an issue if everyone in the game had every item, but as it sits, where many people have a couple end-items, it’s a fun dynamic. I welcome the differences. I do in the mid-levels, anyway.

Thanks for the perspective. I just think the best games don't need to give people different rule sets to ensure there’s no “single path of truth” for succeeding in the game. You can have there be different paths to success in a game and still have the same rules for everyone.

I do like your glass half full attitude, maybe it will rub off on me. :)

joaquim
05-16-2012, 05:26 PM
Ok here's my idea. It's not as good as all the other ones mentioned but it's still something.

So for the final prize you don't get one but three boosts. You get one free hood expansions per month. It's only once per month because you'd probably need around 2-3 weeks to fill up all that space well at least for me anyway. You also get one free upgrade every two weeks. It's only once every two weeks because some upgrades take up to like 5 days and you can't just get free upgrades every time. What would be the fun of that. The last thing is you get to build one building for free once a week. Some buildings take about a day or two to build. Just like the free upgrade, you can't just get free buildings.

So what do you guys think?