PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

Kavai
05-15-2012, 12:16 PM
Need some opinions.

I got 23 million in the bank and a 8x8 spot open in my hood. That's all I got left and my next expansion is 10 mil.

Would you save for a nightclub? Build another church? Or upgrade your loft from 6 to 7?

I am making ~155k an hour at level 92. 300 mafia members, ~10k atk / ~12k def

Dorian Gray
05-15-2012, 12:20 PM
It sounds like a good point to go for the NC.

Sasha54
05-15-2012, 12:20 PM
Need some opinions.

I got 23 million in the bank and a 8x8 spot open in my hood. That's all I got left and my next expansion is 10 mil.

Would you save for a nightclub? Build another church? Or upgrade your loft from 6 to 7?

I would start my next expansion - because you are going to have to do it and I imagine it takes a while. Start that and then with the 13 mil remaining - do either and upgrade or buy something new.

Nicholost
05-15-2012, 12:26 PM
It sounds like a good point to go for the NC.

I agree. To throw another option into the mix: if you have Upscales, take them both to level 3 then start NC-saving.

dudeman
05-15-2012, 12:28 PM
If you have nothing worth building that requires more than your 8x8 space you can forget the expansion for now. The $10M expansion only takes 3 days, and you don't seem to be in that much of a hurry or need for it.

You only gave a few other options of what you might be interested in doing, so assuming you are going to do whatever you want anyways (as you really should), I vote for starting the Loft upgrade, and while that's happening you can start saving for the Nightclub. Always having something upgrading is really what you want to do, so even if you just do some cheaper upgrades and save for the Nightclub that way, that sounds ok too.

It all happens eventually right? :cool:

Kavai
05-15-2012, 12:31 PM
yea right now I am upgrading things like ice creams and italians. cheap and efficient. but my upscales are sitting at level 1 and lofts are at 5 and 6. I just wonder if its more efficient to boost hourly as fast as possible or just start saving now.

Sasha54
05-15-2012, 12:40 PM
yea right now I am upgrading things like ice creams and italians. cheap and efficient. but my upscales are sitting at level 1 and lofts are at 5 and 6. I just wonder if its more efficient to boost hourly as fast as possible or just start saving now.

I was told by couple of forum members - and maybe this goes back to one of the "guides" that Lofts only really need to go to level 6
I'm not sure why - maybe diminishing returns if you go higher?

dudeman
05-15-2012, 12:50 PM

If you continue with those cheap upgrades that take a long time to finish you will spend a lot of time saving cash, but not earning as much per hour as you could be. If you were to upgrade an Upscale to level 2 and then upgrade one of those cheaper buildings, you have all that additional income from the Upscale coming in and nothing to do with it because your tools are busy. Then once the cheap upgrade finishes you might be able to afford taking the other Upscale to level 2, and then you do another cheap upgrade, etc.

I don't know if that's really the absolute best thing you can do, but it's been working for me. I had a very slow start to my economy but I think I've done all right recovering as I will be hitting $500k in the near future.

ShawnBB
05-15-2012, 01:04 PM
Need some opinions.

Man, this is a no brainer! Absolutely go for Night Club.
As for the church, you really don't want to waste your gold on it since you are already lvl96. Make sure to get rock cafe with those gold.
Stop upgrading loft even if you have enough cash, lvl 6 reaches its maximum upgrade worth value, the upgrading cost is actually huge enough that would impact your nightclub save.

What's more is that the building amount unlocked so far till lvl96 literally don't need the 10m expansion. If you do, there must be things like Chinese restaurant,clothes store,warehouse,sports bars and so on in your base right now. Go sell those trashes immediately.

Edit: I'm sorry, just reread that long thread again. And finally decided to give up on two lvl2 NC's save due to Econ and military preparation insufficient and consequence would be unhealthy mafia density and constantly got NC robbed by hood stalkers. I shouldn't let the unrealistic took over the rational game play. it's not too late, my 12m on hand cash could just invest into lvl3 upscales.

Paulio
05-15-2012, 01:04 PM
I suggest taking the upscale to lvl 2 and then revisit your next move

Kavai
05-15-2012, 01:23 PM
I am indeed curious about this lvl 6 for loft peak concept also. What's the theory here?

Koppen
05-15-2012, 02:12 PM
Is there any known thread that tells how much you should upgrade buildings to? Would be fun to read whatever level that would be the best

jaywalker
05-15-2012, 02:17 PM
Need some opinions.

I would use one of the spreadsheets available here:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?29487-The-Updated-quot-Best-of-the-Best-quot-Guides!

Enter all my buildings and add another column wich would be:

(added $/H) / (upgrade time)
or in a few occasions
(added $/H) / (building time)

Then I would scout out all buildings that would add 5k/h or more and go for the highest number in the new column.

Nicholost
05-15-2012, 02:46 PM
I am indeed curious about this lvl 6 for loft peak concept also. What's the theory here?

Because you're paying $9,871,790 for a $6,417 $/hr increase. For that price, you are better off upgrading little things and saving for a NC which will give you a $29,167 $/hr increase for $40,000,000, or about 4.5 times the output for about 4 times the cost. In other words, I think it's because by the time you reach Loft level 6, you economy is strong enough to warrant upgrades to other buildings that produce similarly lucrative outputs that pay themselves off in less time (better ROI). I'm speculating here though.

murf
05-15-2012, 02:52 PM

Saving to get the NC will boost your hourly faster then anything else...although I didn't start saving until my hourly was around $250-300k

murf
05-15-2012, 02:59 PM
Because you're paying $9,871,790 for a $6,417 $/hr increase. For that price, you are better off upgrading little things and saving for a NC which will give you a $29,167 $/hr increase for $40,000,000, or about 4.5 times the output for about 4 times the cost. In other words, I think it's because by the time you reach Loft level 6, you economy is strong enough to warrant upgrades to other buildings that produce similarly lucrative outputs that pay themselves off in less time (better ROI). I'm speculating here though.

This is exactly what I experienced...and now that I'm saving for L3 for my Nightclubs, I'm about to upgrade my Lofts to L6 and maybe higher, because I still see them as decent ROI & $$/hr investments and since their cost is spread over a few days, it doesn't eat into your saving too much.

Your upscale to L2 argument would add $7,516/hr for $13.3mm, while upgrading one Loft to L6 adds $7,058/ hr for only $9.8mm. So, it's still a good upgrade, but like you said other's take priority for awhile until the Lofts become your cheap upgrade.

jaywalker
05-15-2012, 11:55 PM
This is exactly what I experienced...and now that I'm saving for L3 for my Nightclubs, I'm about to upgrade my Lofts to L6 and maybe higher, because I still see them as decent ROI & $$/hr investments and since their cost is spread over a few days, it doesn't eat into your saving too much.

Your upscale to L2 argument would add $7,516/hr for $13.3mm, while upgrading one Loft to L6 adds $7,058/ hr for only $9.8mm. So, it's still a good upgrade, but like you said other's take priority for awhile until the Lofts become your cheap upgrade.

There is also the difference in how much time you spend on upgrading. And in your example, that you don't own any UC.

All numbers are tycoon numbers:

L2 UC: $7 516/hr in 30 hours
L6 Loft: $7 058/hr in 89 hours

So per hour you upgrade, you gain
L2 UC: $250
L6 Loft: $79

From the time L2 is built and upgraded, you earn "(89-30)*$7 516 = $443 444" in the remaining 59 hours.